Reviews

Idiots
13 September 2019
People that think anyone should be able to buy and own a gun is an idiot. These people who against all the evidence of mass shootings, road rage incidents where people brandish guns and indeed police officers who get shot just doing their jobs still think it is a good idea for all and sundry to bear arms are lacking a brain. Things have change drastically since the second amendment was written. Military, law enforcement and some certain gun clubs for sports are the only people who should be allowed carry weapons, ordinary people do not need guns.
5 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Alien Origin (2012 Video)
Please do not encourage them
22 July 2019
What an awful excuse for entertainment, I do hope these guys make no money from the ten bucks they invested in this movie least it encourage them to make another. This is not even a waste of time, its minus a waste of time, effort and having to use your senses.
Watch for a Wake Up call
5 July 2019
Sometimes when you watch a movie with Robert De Niro or Al Pachino or Clint Eastwood or other A listers you forget just how brilliant they are at their craft, their performances appear effortless so much so some ppl say, "They are just being themselves", and lots just think this is a good movie. Watch this movie and you will be reminded of the difference between bad acting or ppl chancing their arm and actors that are top of the tree. Otherwise there is no point watching this garbage.
Lies We Tell (2017)
Oh No!
6 May 2019
This is one of those movies that looks great on paper, an intelligent idea, a Movie worth doing, an idea and purpose worth pursuing. So you get two very good or great actors to make sure it works, Harvey and Gabriel and they do their best but the movie/script just does not work, it comes across too boring. I like both these actors but if the script and pace of a movie is all wrong then the finished article is too.
Black Summer (2019– )
Awfull
13 April 2019
This show is just infantile. I know TWD has lost the plot but it's still way better than this muck. Terrible acting, they lost the best actor in the show after 5 mins. Anyone giving this 6 or more must have a relative in the show.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not that Bad
25 March 2019
Firstly no Movie I have ever seen that was based on a book I had read was ever as good as the book, it can't be. When reading a book your own imagination is creating the images, a movie on a TV or cinema cannot compete with your own imagination, well not mine anyway. Next when i heard Tom Cruise was playing Reacher I thought, what, Reacher is 6'5" but it did not matter in the end. The storyline and plot more or less stayed true to the book and I thought cruise did a good job playing Reacher, no over the top Batman type stuff that some directors may have fallen foul to. The book is a great read the movie not too bad, simple as that, worth a watch imo.
Bring Back Mel
23 March 2019
What a cinematic treat. The acting especially from Vaughn and Gibson really is a treat to watch. It is a slow moving movie but watching Vaughn and Gibson play off each other is captivating, both actors know exactly how to drive their chacters so it never seems false or over cooked. Even Don Johnston did not dissapoint. I was left feeling that Gibsons absence from movies over the last decade was a blow for movie lovers.
16 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sick of It (2018– )
It's not what you know
24 February 2019
Really, one does not have to develop a career anymore, go to art ot drama college, work your ass of on stage, No, just get to know a well known TV or Movie personality or even worst still one of those "I'm a Celeb" even though nobody has ever heard of them. This is testament of just how mundane and sheep like the audience is these days with all this reality muck.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Backtrace (2018)
It's all about the Money
15 February 2019
What a terrible movie but for Sly Stalone to appear in this muck and other A list actors doing similar belies the, "It's all about the art" argument actors spout. In a world where A list actors are doing TV advertisements, heretofore work that was left for actors who had a bad time making a living from acting, proves to me "It's all about the money" and these A list actors are part of the GAA, Grab All Association, in other words they will do anything for money and to hell with the art.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What A Mess
9 February 2019
Firstly let me say this is not an anti star trek post. The original ST for it's time was Brill, ST TNG for me was even better and why they discontinued Enterprise was beyond me, Scott Bakula was a great Captain and even though it lost its way a bit near the end they could have pulled it back. Then there was Deep Space 9 which was also pretty decent. I will say the first series of Discovery could have been better if they did not start that time and realm jumping. It did not ring true either, the ship in Discovery although supposed to be 10 years previous to Kirks Enterprise appears to be so much more advanced than Kirks Enterprise and I am not just talking about visuals. The bridge on Discoverys Enterprise is about 4 times bigger than Kirks Enterprise and the teck also seems more advanced, just look at engineering. Then the storyline in Series 2 is a bit all over the place, entities excreting Psilocybin, come on where is the imagination, this is outer space. There is no attempt to interweave the storyline, anyone ever here spock make reference o a red angel in his youth? Just looks like they are making a mess out of what should have been a great series.

Update Feb 2019: I had hoped this would get better, it did not, it got worse, not only has Spock a relationship with the Red Angle now it turns out Saru's planet and race also have, please. The storyline is a joke. However now I am beginning to doubt IMDB. How can this be rated 7.4 with all the terrible reviews, especially for Season 2. You cannot be given this a decent score based on last season, season 2 is so bad in every way you can not tempt anyone to watch it especially Star Trek fans.
18 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Robin Hood (2018)
Robin Hood in the 21th Century
5 February 2019
How can you have such a top notch story from which to create a movie and make such a mess of it. Why did they have to try and weave 21 century sensibilities into a medieval story, like politically correctness and sexism. They lost sight of what mattered when making a movie, good story, great plot and entertainment and pandered to all of today's moral handcuffs. If you want to make a social statement do not take a Robin Hood story, we all know the central point, rob from the rich and give to the poor but not in a serious way and why so many Robin Hood movies had a good dash of humor. This movie started with political correctness and just went down hill from there. The only reason I give it 2 stars is because some of the action scenes while over the top were not the worst.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Titans (I) (2018– )
Not Awfull but not Good
14 January 2019
It used to be any Superhero series or movie was better than good, why, because the writers/producers had so much lattittude, Superheros, you could do anything. In this series one of the Superheros suffers from Stress, for Gods sake. This seems to be a series about Superheros with issues. At times it was easy to forget they were Superheros or ment to be.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The ABC Murders (2018– )
Pretentious
30 December 2018
Where do writers get off thinking their writing is as good as or better than the subjects writing, in this case Agatha Christie. You must have some neck to take a book written by Agatha Christie and change it with your own scribble. If writers want to write something let them do it from scratch, let their own work stand for itself, don't butcher the work of one of our most beloved and successful writers. Agatha Christie is a reknowned writer, she does not need someone else to rewrite her stories, they are top notch as they are. The arrogrance of this particular writer is outrageous imo.
15 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hunter Killer (2018)
People are easily satisfied
27 November 2018
People are easily satisfied if they give this movie more than 3 or 4 stars. No thought or real plot beyond the typical(as has already been said) American kick-ass movie. Now if that floats your boat you will enjoy this nonsense but really TV is already full of this type of muck, Seal team, NCIS and many more, you know the ending 2 minutes into the story. One reviewer was surprised they had not heard of this movie elsewhere, I am surprised I heard about it anywhere. Poor material.
31 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seen it all before
26 November 2018
One reviewer wrote, it's rare you laugh out loud watching a movie and this movie will change nothing. We have seen it all before. I used to think only Hollywood churned out this type of movie but obviously. it';s not a terrible movie and the actors do a good job in their particular roles, it's just there is nothing new to see here and other productions have done this way better. Nothing better to do on a Sunday night when you have work in the morning, watch this, but to go out to a cinema on a Friday night to watch this, No. Mediocre.
23 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hold the Dark (2018)
What was going on?
9 November 2018
I will agree there was something about this movie that kept you watching although it moved very slowly and did not for a second explain what was going on, you would not for a second think Vern and Mrs Sloan were in an incestuous relationship going on this movie. Also why the need to kill all those people if he just wanted to hook up with her in the cave, he knew where she was so why even go to the mine as if he was looking for her. Also that cop, yeah the one that got all those other cops killed and then himself. The guy with the 50 cal, first the cop had ample opportunity to take him out when talking to him at the door but no, he tells him all the other cops are green and he'll go easy on him ect, this is a guy that has already been involved in the execution of two cops, nonsense. Then the other cops hide behind car doors when been shot at with armored piercing rounds, come on. There was a lot of foolish carry on going on, things that in reality would never happen. Again the movie explained nothing. The scenery was first class as were the wolves but as a movie, no, far to shallow for me.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Legacies (2018– )
We could learn.......
2 November 2018
We could learn a lot about a good diet examining the diet of Vampires and Werewolves. It would appear their eating habits are bang on when it comes to keeping your weight in check and having a near perfect physique. No fat or skinny Vampires or Werewolves here, just perfect creatures. Gimme a break, more nonsense. What bothers me is once these guys get an idea that works the audience(us) is going to be fed a diet of this stuff until it gets so bad or ridiculous there is nobody watching anymore, they just keep regurgitating the same ideas over and over in different guises, I suppose it means none of them have to have an original idea for the rest of their careers.
27 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Vikingane (2016– )
Terrible
9 October 2018
Awful muck. Terrible acting, if you could it acting. Basically what is supposed to be funny as they are using modern language and sensibilities in a time that is supposed to be in the time of the vikings and the so called jokes are lame.In fact this production was so bad it does not merit any more of my time so I'll say no more.
8 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Who gives out good money for Crap like this to be made.
15 September 2018
Where do these people get the money to make garbage like this. This has nothing got to do with movie making or trying to entertain people and make them think, it's just about ego or making a quick buck or both. Awful rubbish and I agree with the other posted that there should be some sanctions against people that rip off other titles to make you think their movie in somehow in the same ballpark.
41 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Woman in White (2018– )
What has happened to BBC Period Dramas
7 May 2018
For years the BBC produced the very best period dramas bar none. However over the last I have found their productions to be of a very mediocre standard. Troy-Fall of a City for instance a drama I was really looking forward to, great story but the production left me cold, not up to BBC's normal high standard and imo The Woman in White also falls short, it did not hold my attention and felt very slow and dare I say it boring, as one reviewer put it, Dreary. What bothers me is Why, is it money, does not appear so as the costumes in TWIW are really good and well done and the actors are equally fine actors so is it the adaptation, I suspect so.
13 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Molly's Game (2017)
If not Sorkinian
19 January 2018
I really think if this Movie was not a Sorkinian debut it would not have got more than a 5 stars, just ok.
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Knock Knock (I) (2015)
Waste of my Time and Keanu's Talent
8 January 2018
What a let down, as soon as Keanu opened the door and I saw the two women standing there I could have written the rest of the movie myself. Before we know it the 2 females are running around his house in bath robes talking about sex, threesomes and giggling like school girls, come on he's known them all of 5 minutes. Then the dialogue, she asks "Do you believe in Destiny", he answers with "I'm an architect", ffs. The uber arrives and they ignore it, he still does not cop on and the uber waites about 3 mins, does not even bother knocking having driven 40 mins to get there. Then having committed adultry in his own bed he calmly falls asleep, please. When I said earlier I could have written it what I really ment was I could have written a better script. Dont waste your time.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
In a way Horrible but Brilliant
8 November 2017
What a horrible movie but boy did I enjoy it, and I mean horrible in a good way. I watched this movie nearly as an afterthought. I was not expecting much but I like Vince Vaughn so thought I'd give it a look and boy was I glad, thoroughly enjoyed it. It started off a bit slow and even though some of it was a bit TOT it was fairly believable, a guy down on his luck with typical problems. Then the pace picks up and Vince Vaughn is brilliant. There are not many actors that can carry a movie but Vince is certainly one of them. His stature is perfect for the acting we see and to make it somewhat believable but the violence is way out there. I wont say too much about the plot or what happens but suffice to say if your a fan of Vince its a must see and even if you just like movies do yourself a favour and watch it. It is one of the better movies I have watched this year, one of those movies that leaves you thinking the following day.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The After (2014 TV Movie)
Unconvincing
3 May 2014
Starts well but soon deteriorates into pretty nonsensical stuff. The lead actress, Gigi(Louise Monot/French girl) is very wooden and Andrew Howard's foulmouthed supposedly Dublin accent borders on the pantomime. The plot is also badly written, none of the eight give any real consideration to security even having already been told the police have lost control of events and then having been attacked by a mob they still behave like they were on their hols. The coup de grace however is despite being chased by gun toting murderers the Gigi's main concern is that she needs to return to the house to get her phone, a phone that's dead, no power, in a situation where there is no power and no possibility of charging the phone, really silly, and this panic over the phone is forgotten as quickly as way thought up. Then at the end D.Love blasts the demon with the shotgun, good move, but when the demon is coming back to life and preparing to do the funniest runner I've seen in a long time D.Love does not blast him a few more times in the head even though he has the shotgun pointed at him. I will in all likelihood base my final decision on whether to watch any more of this on the next few episodes if they are ever made and if they develop the plot in a more convincing fashion but for now it's a thumbs down.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.