Reviews

You (2018– )
Really Engrossing
7 November 2018
Read some positive reviews by critics and decided to give it a shot. Really happy I did. Well acted, directed, and shot. Favorite part is definitely the narration by Badgley. I sort of agree that maybe a mini-series would have been the way to go but I will def give season two a shot.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Romanoffs (2018– )
Enjoyed Ep 1 very much
15 October 2018
I could watch an entire series on the relationship between Anushka and Hajar. Absolutely fascinating.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Good Place: Dance Dance Resolution (2017)
Season 2, Episode 2
Such a "Good Place"
30 September 2017
So much fun, so clever and overall just a really good show.

NBC is killing it with smart comedies like "Superstore" and now "The Good Place".

Kristen Bell is so good in this, but the supporting players are every bit as good. I especially like Maribel Monroe and hope to see her get more screen time. "Did you bring the cocaine"? LOL!!!!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absentia (2017– )
It just gets crazier.
30 September 2017
**Spoilers may be contained in this post** OK, I have made it through episode 5. It just gets worse and worse. The story is so insane. How did this woman go from being kidnapped for six years to the suspect in so many murders in like 30 minutes.

The lead male actor is horrible to the point of being distracting. He has one actor face, pensive. He constantly looks like he has the worst headache ever or has use the bathroom.

Oh and it took me a minute to realize this series was set in Boston because the accents are so bad, especially on the Boston PD homicide officer. I realize this was shot overseas but they could have at least cast a few people who could do Boston accents.

I'm sort of invested in this car crash now so I will finish it but man it is some pretty convoluted stuff.
31 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Silent film
12 June 2012
This movie was visually beautiful, the music was incredible, any movie that uses Jeff Buckley is a win for me. There was not much of a story to speak of, lovers reunite, travel, etc. It was more a series of very wonderful shots of the scenery and Stana Katic as much as it was a movie. You could basically watch the first 20 minutes, then the last 10 and you have the gist of the movie.

Anyway the biggest reason I could never recommend this movie, the sound/audio is impossibly bad. I wanted to stop watching from the first scene on, it was that bad. The background noise was just too much and no settings change could fix it. I understand 'art' films, but could they not a afford a boom Mic for the scenes with dialog? I would have enjoyed the movie more with subtitles.
8 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.