Reviews

Poor Thanos :(
18 June 2019
One of the best comic book movie villains was ruined. Who writes this thing? Time travel? Really? Result: Film full of plot holes. Unsatisfying deaths of main characters Tony and Natasha. Previously cool - now ruined characters Thor and Hulk. I feel like Thanos today.
260 out of 436 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chernobyl: The Happiness of All Mankind (2019)
Season 1, Episode 4
Over 1000 votes said what???
28 May 2019
I liked first three episodes. But no matter how good or bad this fourth episode will be, more than 1000 people already said 10/10 before the release. Those people trying to create public opinion about how good this episode is. I remember the days when IMDb was reliable source. It is not anymore.
16 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Terror (2018– )
This is brilliant stuff...
18 April 2018
One of the best experiences on television. Hard to digest, but awesome. All actors are unbelievable great, atmosphere is the best, directing, camera, editing, music... I'm amazed. We have great story inspired by actual events, we have violence and gore, we have to know how people act in their desperation. And how the men is biggest monster of them all. And at the end we have creature with size of a big polar bear, with human facial expressions and acting like a dog. You can ask some more?

I watched 10 episodes in two days and I'm hungry for more. Ouch "hungry" - you see what I did there.
5 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wildling (2018)
Shut up with those fake reviews.
13 April 2018
You just can't rate this film with 1/10 or with 10/10. This film is not trying to be mystery/thriller original. Even the film poster suggest what can you expect from this. Main girl cast was excellent, she did a great job, you won't believe she was 26 y.o. at film's premiere. Acting was very good and directing was well. Story was okay, but not so shocking. Camera angles were good, but I didn't liked the editing much. Not very violent film in my disappointment.

I will not watch this again, but there were entertaining 92 minutes today.
112 out of 142 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Walking Dead: Worth (2018)
Season 8, Episode 15
Writers are drunk again...
10 April 2018
After terrible 8A season, we had some improvement in 8B, but they managed to blow that away with last episode. They tried to make twists and turns but whole thing was very predictable and boring. They didn't show my favorite girl Jadis today... Aaron scenes were pathetic... Eugene scenes were laughable... Meggie is still hot and don't look pregnant. They even managed to kill off one the best characters and one of the best actors in the series. Come on.
10 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Apocalypse now !!!
12 March 2018
-Acting is more than great, main actor is very good and little girl rocks... camera is beautiful, and editing is perfect. -Soundtrack is awesome, there is no soundtrack. -Story is not original but it works here. -It is about apocalypse. -It is about redemption. Oi. -Thank you for this.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Walking Dead: The Lost and the Plunderers (2018)
Season 8, Episode 10
Coral's Legacy
5 March 2018
We have improvement. After terrible 8A, we are getting better episodes.

+writers are getting sober; -still very slow; +acting was good as usually; -editing was bad again; +good talk between Negan and Rick; -wasted Negan / Carl relationship; +finally good character development from Enid and Jadis; -still no Meggie! Jadis becoming most beautiful woman in TWD?; +Simon is still the best character.
16 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Walking Dead: Honor (2018)
Season 8, Episode 9
56 minutes of agony
26 February 2018
Whole 8A deserve 1/10. We waited some time to watch next episode of TWD with some hope that writers are aware of our complains. We were hoping for improvement and here it is. This episode is slightly better that the rest of the season, but it is just average. Acting is mainly good, but editing is terrible. Very slow and drawn out, this episode is dedicated to Coral. Shame he doesn't become a walker at the end. He would make some better decisions as a walker. At least actor Chandler Riggs can have some decent haircut tomorrow.
48 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tragedy Girls (2017)
I am 20 years to late for slasher genre, but...
19 February 2018
I checked this stuff because I like horror comedies, I was hoping for violence and gore and I have some respect for some of the actors (Kevin Durand, Timothy V. Murphy and beauty Nicky Whelan).

We got this: Young "Storm" from "X-men: Apocalypse" is best friend with "Sinead O'Connor" from "Deadpool". They are in high school and they want attention from social media. They track down serial killer, and become serial killers themselves.

Cons: I was disappointed with amount of violence and gore here, I was expecting much more I guess. I was also disappointed with main characters trying to be funny. They were just annoying sometimes.

Pros: There was very good editing, nice directing and OK soundtrack. Director can make good stuff in the future, he is also a good editor. Bonus: I liked "Cannibal Holocaust"-style scene, if you know what I mean.

Teenagers will be pleased with this.
0 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best. Christmas. Film. Ever.
27 January 2018
I have watched this film when I was a little kid. Since then, I re-watched it many times. When holidays comes, my wife want to watch Christmas films, I recommend this one. Even she watched this film twice. I am not religious person, but I like this concept. This film is well acted and well directed. Soundtrack is awsome. It is psychological thriller, it has violence and gore, it has sexy scenes too with good looking boys and girls. All that combined with killer Santa Claus. It is beautiful film, you will be entertained and you will be disturbed. What more do you need?

34 years later, still the best Christmas film. Santa knows if you've been bad !!!
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Walking Dead: How It's Gotta Be (2017)
Season 8, Episode 8
Walkers jumped the shark !!!
23 December 2017
I remember the days when The Walking Dead was the best show on television. I remember the days when we waited next episode and watched is twice. Also I remember re-watching whole season before next season start.

There were some great, near perfect episodes like the ones from first season, episodes with introducing of Michonne, the ones with the Governor were the best, and the ones with cannibals from the Sanctuary were awsome. Even the Claimers were great.

When The Saviors were introduced, we had high hopes. Second part from the sixth season was pretty good, and we all waited to see Negan and Lucile. I like JDM as actor, I respect him a lot, but after Negan introduction, TWD went downhill. Probably it is not his fault, writers were / still are probably drunk. Sixth season ended with cliffhanger. Come on.

I still had high hopes for next season. Seventh season started very strong, but only first episode with Lucile in the focus. Whole season was just average. The main antagonist The Saviors were just average. At the end of the season we saw preparing for war. All communities against The Saviors.

Eight season started, war came. And what? Ridiculous gun-fights, firing guns at nothing, out of any logic behavior for most of the characters. Even the fights are forgettable. Cool characters like Carol, Rick, Michonne, Deryl, Maggie, Negan are just grey. Other characters like Tara, Morgan, Rosita, Eugene, Carl, Father Gabriel are just funny. Great characters like Merle, The Governor, Glenn and Abraham are just dead. Others are forgettable I guess.

Whole first part of eight season deserve 1/10.

Half-season-finale should be good. But in this episode word ridiculous comes at the new level. What they were thinking? All characters act out of character and out of logic. Hilltop people do nothing about obvious trap. They wait to be surrounded and just give up. Why? Simon and his saviors kill some random guy and let others to go. Why? Coral stall Negan and his saviors for others to escape. Even he is willing to die for it. Come on. They are surrounded with many saviors and no one can find Coral. He manages to escape. How? Alexandria is full of saviors, and Rick finds only Michonne. No one finds Rick. How? Negan wait in Rick's house alone. Why? He is armed with Lucile. Rick finds Negan in his house, he is armed with machine gun, hatchet and revolver. Negan surprise him and kick him with the bat. He takes Rick's weapons and he continue kicking him but don't use weapons. Only the bat. Rick fights back. They are alone and they fight. No saviors around. When Rick takes Lucile he doesn't finish Negan, but he tries to kick him with the wrong end of the bat. When Rick takes back his gun got kicked out from the window and he just run away. He don't shot. At the end is revealed that poor Coral (who saved all Alexandrians by the way) got bitten at the stomach from some walker. When that happened? We barely seen some walkers in this episode. We need to wait to the next half of the season to see him die. Damn.

I still have hopes that writers will get sober or gets fired, or even gets bitten by the walkers. If that doesn't happen, even bringing The Whisperers won't help this show.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wolf Creek (2005)
Greg Mclean. Thank you.
6 January 2014
This will be 666-th review for this film. I feel honored :) Seriously, I like Australian films a lot, especially Australian horrors. There are some great and powerful films out there. And we all know Australian actors and actresses are the best ;)

This film start slowly, there is great character development, our main three characters are very likable, they travel trough Western Australia, they go to visit "Wolfe Creek Crater", well preserved meteorite impact crater. They fall prey to a murderous bushman who offers to fix their car, then takes them captive. Bad guy is perfect in his role. Great performance by John Jarratt. He is simply brilliant.

This film is inspired by true events, there was a serial killer in Western Australia in the 90-ties, Ivan Milat, known as "The Backpacker Killer".

This writer / producer / director, already delivered two great horror films. "Wolf Creek" and "Rogue" are the best of their genre. I hope I will see a lot of Greg Mclean's work in future. Thank you sir.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Walking Dead: Too Far Gone (2013)
Season 4, Episode 8
What a performance...
3 December 2013
I watched this episode 4 times in a row. I'm impressed. This is probably the best "Walking Dead" episode from all of them to this date. Like in every episode, here is great camera, great editing, great character development. And tension is always higher.

What a performance by David Morrissey (the Governor), he was great every time, but today he was the best. He steals the show.

The Walking Dead are series who looks best. And when you think there can't be better episode, you'll be denied.

Spoiler alert: some zombies are shot in the head in this episode.

Even this is too far gone, I can't wait for more.
9 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dead Alive (1992)
Still one of the best...
16 October 2013
20 and more years later, Braindead remains simply the best films of this genre. It's directed by now very famous director Peter Jackson (and he has small funny role in this film too).

• Story it's about ugly rat-monkey from island of Sumatra, brought at Wellington ZOO. Old woman is bitten there, she gets sick and dies, but she comes back to life as a zombie, killing and eating dogs... nurses, friends, and neighbors. Main characters are her son Lionel and his girlfriend Paquita. Timothy Balme and Diana Penalver are perfect actors for that roles. As film goes it seams filmmakers delivered in every way. It is horror, and most hilarious horror at all times.

I've watched this film more than 60 times, probably every 4 months since it's released :) And every time I'm more and more impressed.

If you are fan of this genre, and if you missed somehow this film... don't wait one minute longer. Go go go, watch Brainded. I will watch it now again...
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Skyline (2010)
Ultimate alien invasion film. Or not?
30 October 2012
1. Aliens are bad. They want to do terrible things to human race.

2. People are stupid. They make stupid decisions all the time.

3. People fight with aliens.....

• About the acting...

Not so famous actors, but they are not bad. I think we will see more stuff from them in future.

So, acting, 6/10 !!!!!!!!!!!!

• About the effects.......

I must say, I'm surprised. Very good special effects. 10 million budget film with this effects. Very good job...

So, effects - 8/10 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• About the story: It sucks. Enough said. You will see.

So, story - 2/10 !!!!!!!!!!

• About Skyline, the film........

Everyone likes alien-invasion films. If this film can have solid special effects, interesting action scenes, plus funny script, and when you are not interested on some Oscar-worthy acting? Lets take some beer and have some brainless fun.

So, Skyline, the film - 6/10 CHEERS.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is the best.
9 August 2011
Year: 1968. That was great year in film industry. What a beautiful films: Planet of the Apes, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Once Upon a Time in the West, Night of the Living Dead, Rosemary's Baby, Romeo and Juliet...

Planet of the Apes is simply the best of them all. Science fiction masterpiece. It is almost perfect. I watched this film so many times. I was scared a lot when I was a kid, and now I am impressed every time, again and again. In my opinion this is one of the best films ever made.

I still miss Charlton Heston, I still miss my all time favorite "ape" Roddy McDowall, also Kim Hunter and Maurice Evans. And truly great film director: Franklin J. Schaffner.

Till now there are 5 films after original Planet of the Apes (1968): Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970), Escape from the Planet of the Apes (1971), Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (1972), Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973), and newest: Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011). That means 6 "Planet of the Apes" films now, and looks possible - there will be some more in near future.

If you have a chance to watch remake of this film: "Planet of the Apes (2001)" don't even think about it. Run. Just run and don't look back. That so called film is insult to this masterpiece. That should never been made.

Some "Planet of the Apes" films are good, some are not so good. But this? This is the best.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is my Planet.
9 August 2011
Where to start? Of course. In 1968. Original "Planet of the Apes" film was masterpiece. It was almost perfect. I watched that film so many times. I was scared a lot when I was a kid, and I am impressed every time, again and again.

There were 5 films in total. Other 4 wasn't that good, but more less they were OK.

Today I watched 6-th film. I was skeptical at first, but Rise of the Planet of the Apes delivers. Directed by Rupert Wyatt, very good work. Main characters James Franco, Freida Pinto and John Lithgow are all great in their roles. And main ape character is played by King Kong himself: Andy Serkis. Special effects were simply special, story was nice, tension was built with every next scene. My vote 7.5/10.

Planet of the Apes (1968), Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970), Escape from the Planet of the Apes (1971), Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (1972), Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973).

This is my "Planet of the Apes" collection. Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) deserve to be there.

Planet of the Apes (2001)??? I throw that garbage 10 years ago. Just after I watched it...
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, dynamic duo.
3 August 2011
They are two worst filmmakers in filming history. And they work together!!!!! Why? Whyyyy? They have written and directed films such as "Date Movie", "Epic Movie", "Meet the Spartans", "Disaster Movie" and "Vampires Suck". And they work together on "The Biggest Movie of All Time 3D". It will be adventure/comedy. Right? It will be released in 2012. Wow. The Biggest Movie of All Time? And in 3D? Wow again.

Sometimes I even like parodies. There are plenty great parodies out there. But this films are simply idiotic. I watched "Disaster Movie" till the end on. I knew it will be extremely stupid, but really I didn't expected this.

I was thinking: Finally!!! "Disaster Movie" will be disaster for their careers. They will try to made something else with their lives. But nooo... they did it again, and again.

Please someone stop them. Or just shot them.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
2012 (I) (2009)
Mayan prophecy?
3 August 2011
Someone actually believe in that? I'm afraid a lot of people do believe. Tragical. Every year it's end of the world. It's true that man will destroy him self one day... but prophecy? 21/12/2012? Noah's futuristic ark?

I liked Independence Day. And usually I like all other Roland Emmerich's stupid movies, but this is banal. Extra stupid. It's insulting. I add 2/10 only because of nice looking disasters in some parts of the movie.

If you are "believer" in Mayan prophecy "stuffs" don't dislike my review today. Just wait till 21/12/2012 and thank me one day later. Or just go kill yourself before disaster comes.

2012 (2/10)
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Alligator (1980)
Over 30 years later... this is still one of the best in its genre. And Robert Forster still have same haircut.
3 August 2011
I remember I was little kid when I watched this film for the first time. I'm born in 1980, this film is made 1980. I simply loved this creature B-movie, and I must admit I was scared to death every time when Alligator was shown at the screen.

A giant alligator is on the loose in Chicago. Chicago? That's great story. Ha? He was thrown in the toilet? Right... That's why we love B-movies. Anyway here acting was likable, especially from leading characters, directing was great, atmosphere was perfect.

Today I watched this beautiful film again, I wasn't scared, but I had some great time.

Alligator (8/10)
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Monster Man (2003)
Monster Man with his monster truck do monstrous things to the people around
8 April 2010
I think I don't have to say that our Monster Man have smiley face on his chest.

At first, everyone should know: this is not a horror, this is not a horror-comedy. This is gore-comedy and yes: it's funny.

Story: A 25 years old guy... hmmm 25 years old virgin guy going on a long drive to stop the woman he loves from getting married. And he have companion - his best friend. You will guess: Friend is the funny guy in this movie who do funny things all the time. And they both meat one hitchhiker... of course it is a beautiful woman.

In their road-trip they are always followed by Monster Truck, driving by our Monster Man. He haunt them.

And we have hilarious twist in meantime... satanists doing some satanic stuff to our heroes.

I liked the style, and i liked characters, and most of it: i liked "movement" in this movie. How Monster Truck moves, how camera moves, and how female character Sarah moves. And yes: story sucked. Fans of this genre will be pleased: Teen-college-road-trip-comedy turns to be trip-to-hell. You will see gore, sexy scene, a lot of funny scenes with funny characters, some more gore, and the end even more gore.

You can always take some beer and laugh while watching this movie.

Monster Man (5/10)
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lake Dead (2007)
Wrong Turn On The Left At The Lake
12 November 2009
Yes, a lot of clichés and a lot of ideas from other movies - "Wrong Turn", "Last House On The Left", "The Hills Have Eyes"... and many more... And of course all of them have one starting point: original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1974).

Anyway, scenes were solid, camera was OK, even acting wasn't bad. We have young, good looking girls and boys, we have sex and violence... funny and stupid scenes, gore, freaking family... everything you can expect from B-Movie slasher.

Anyway, not expect something special, and something new... but you can take some beer and you can enjoy in this movie.

"Lake Dead" 5/10
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.