Reviews

Green Zone (2010)
Special Iraqi war movie highly recommended
15 September 2019
First, just accept from the beginning the shaky cam work. It gives all a credible report feeling. Then the story is so hot. It reveals why the White House continued this sand war against the Iraqi. It opened my eyes and Matt Damon delivered here again a very cool performance. He was so great in his role. Thank you also to Paul Greengrass for another great movie that help us too understand more what really happened there. All my respect and god bless all the innocent people who died in this dirty war. See it, you won't regret. 8/10. If you liked this I highly recommend to see The Lone Survivor or The Hurt Locker.
Air Strike (2018)
One of the worst war movies I have ever seen
14 September 2019
I can't remember when I saw such a bad movie. How could Bruce Willis play this role and what has lost Adrien Brody in his short cameo role in this? I am especially disappointed for the so cheesy executed flight combat action scenes. They didn't looked real at all and I felt to watch sometimes a cartoon film. You don't miss anything with this one. Do something better in your life, you won't regret. 3/10.
A Perfect Operation
2 September 2019
This is one of my favorite between the old ones. Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood showed their class with full action and explosions. The sceneries are well done and the location for the assault into this castle became a legend. Don't expect a typical second war movie with.bombs and battle scenes but more an intriguing espionage Nazi thriller with great pictures midst in the Austrian mountains landscapes. I was never bored and for this it deserves 9/10.
Adventure and fun in the late 60ties
31 August 2019
I bought this dvd cause it should be better than the sequel. I think the last one worked more on the level of suspense and action. It was interesting to see the original that offers nice views through Swiss alps and a romantic tour in Turin. The car chases with the Cinquecento models were well executed and the number with the Italian police cars were funny. Enjoy the late 60ties if you have nothing special to do. 6/10.
Cold Pursuit (2019)
Not The best revenge thriller with Liam Neeson
17 August 2019
I saw it only because one of my favorite actor Liam Neeson was in. The story lacks completely with suspense and I missed intelligent twist Ingredients. I mean the revenge scenes were all deja vu and nothing special. I really expected more and at the end the rating of 6/10 I gave with my wife matches exactly with the one of IMDb. The story is a remake but I don't know if the original one is better than this. Cold Pursuit is definitely one of the weakest thriller that came out with Liam Neeson since years. So watch it for the nice locations and pictures and if you don't have anything better to do.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Adventure in wonderful landscapes
23 April 2019
If you want to see an interesting family movie then you should check it out. All the actors and especially the boy Sébastien delivered outstanding performances. The dog Belle is so lovely. The story is set between wonderful landscapes and in the time after the Second World War of the late 40ies. I spent really an entertaining evening with great magic moments. 7/10.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A dream cast with no power
14 April 2019
It was interesting seeing my favorite actors all together in one movie. What I missed in this thriller adventure action was salt and pepper. I mean the story was low built like an old western without any intelligent ingredients. The first part was boring but then the second was full of nice landscapes pictures with unexpected turns. The end lets all open for a better sequel next time. I hope all these actors get then more interesting roles. 6/10.
Mirage (2018)
Great mystery thriller from Spain
10 April 2019
Director Oriol Paulo did a great job and all actors delivered perfect roles for each character. The story is complex but well executed in their details. It's like Frequency but here you see on the other side the real persons. It works in the same time as a thriller were justice will win finally. I had even tears at the end. I can recommend it to every one who likes intriguing films and loves movies of Hitchcock. My wife gave 4/10 but I 10/10 so the final score is 7/10. Don't miss it.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Versailles (2015–2018)
Top performance and perfect adaptation
21 March 2019
These Versailles series took me and my wife on a great ride in the middle age of the time of king Louis 14. Especially the performances of George Blagden, Alexander Vlahos and Tygh Runyan impressed me so much. They delivered all passion for their playing roles. Each time I wanna stop the episodes it was not easy because I just wanted to see them without any breaks. Congratulations also to the director, the staff of makeup and costumes who did a really fantastic work. I cannot believe with my wife that the showtime is finished. I hope there will be a sequel. Otherwise I can't wait to see them in other movies. You deserve all 10/10. Thank you so much.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Roma (2018)
First of all why in black and white?
24 February 2019
Was this a joke? After nearly two hours of my life i stopped it. Nothing and really nothing happened in this movie. The only thing that I agree is one point concerning the human dramtical side. But to show the story in two hours and 15 minutes in black and white it could have been cut for at least two hours. This movie is a good way to fall asleep and not for one reason more. How is it possible that it has been nominated for best direction? Stay away you won't regret it. too overrated. Read carefully all the critics here and you will understand. 1 star just for the pregnant wife who played her role perfectly.
39 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's perfectly done
23 February 2019
If you are interested in Holocaust during the World War II this is another one not to miss. A true story perfectly documented with many proofs. The scenarios are original and I really felt to be in this nightmare created by the Nazis. The actors delivered great performances. Bravo. It gets 10/10.
32 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best one of Spielberg
2 February 2019
After many years I watched it again. This story about Jewish people who were forced to work for the Nazis in Schindler's factory is based on true events. It's told very carefully and shows many aspects on the human side. It was never boring and the sceneries were really well done. The main actors Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes and Ben Kingsley delivered an outstanding performance. I didn't like therefore the black and white color. A must see for all. 10/10.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Protector (2018– )
Good mystery series
20 January 2019
I hesitated after the first parts to continue to watch these thriller mystery sci-fi series. I was wrong because it gets more and more exciting and at the end it was top great suspense. The last episode lets in fact completely open a sequel of this surprising production. It shows the most popular places of Istanbul. Every actor played respectably but I liked especially Okan Yalabik's outstanding performance. I could imagine him in a villain role in one of the next James Bond movies. Give it a chance. I am already curious to see the next seasons. 7/10.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The important message
11 January 2019
I liked it to see Mogli on Netflix. The message to our humanity is well packed in a jungle adventure with lot of exotic computer generated animals. The voices of them are tuned finely on each one. The sceneries and cinematography are superb. It's not a great film but is definitely worth seeing for adults and families with children to understand the sense of this story.6/10
Riphagen (2016)
Worth seeing
8 January 2019
Another well done movie on Netflix about the the Nazi occupation in the Netherlands at the end of the Second World War. The story is based on true events and for this reason worth seeing. It was never boring and I saw again outstanding performances from all the actors. Especially Jeroen van Koningsbrugge in Riphagens role impressed me a lot and makes me hungry watching him in other films. If you like drama war genre check out the other dutch top production Bankier van het Verzet. 7/10.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best thrillers ever seen
6 January 2019
What a thriller, wow! This is one of the best thrillers I have ever seen for a while. It delivered again Netflix! It begins quick with lot of mysteries and puzzles to solve. I was guessing with my wife all the running time who the real murder was. Unexpected end with great surprises. The landscapes and the performance of each actor were top. If you liked it don't miss the other great Spanish series production La casa de Papel. 9/10
Too underrated
5 January 2019
I spent a very entertaining evening with my family with nonstop laughing. It was funny to see all these great actors but at the same time I soffered with them. It's a simply story but with full surprises where I wanted just close my eyes when you know what I mean. Check it out. If you liked Dany Boon don't miss the other ones Bienvenu Chez les Chtis or Rien à declarer. 8/10.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting puzzle of the Nazi time
4 January 2019
I discovered this interesting movie from the Second World War on Netflix. It's based on a true story about the resistance in the Netherlands just before it was liberated from the allies. The sceneries and atmosphere were well executed, bravo. Now I know more about the secret roles the opponents had. It's very dramatic to see what really happened at that time. All the actors delivered a significant performance and the director did a great job too. God bless all the courageous people who fighted against the brutal Nazis regime. Worth seeing. Check out the other great one Operation Finale. 7/10
Bird Box (2018)
Don't waste your time
2 January 2019
I'm very disappointed and I'm feeling completely empty and cheated. This was the worst movie I saw from Netflix and Sandra Bullock. How could such a movie be produced from her and who the hell wrote this silly story with no substance and message in it? Come on Netflix. Don't begin to create such no go films. All the other productions i liked so far. I hope this was an exception in my choice. Next time I will be more careful choosing on Netflix. Stay far away and don't waste your time. See instead Gravity or The Revenant on Netflix. 1/10.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not so hot as the first one
31 December 2018
I didn't hesitate to buy the sequel on dvd. Seeing Denzel Washington in this role is a pleasure. The story itself was in my opinion less cool than in the first one. Then it was interesting to watch Pedro Pascal after I could discover him in the Netflix Narcos series. What I liked was the switching places between Turkey and Belgium. The storm scenes at the end were great cinematography. 6/10. Anyway I am already curious for part three.
Worthful spy thriller
21 December 2018
I have to admit that I hesitated to watch this really well done spy thriller until it came out on Netflix. I gave it quick a chance and I was not disappointed. I mean the story is true and never boring. What I liked the most was the real looking sceneries of the 60ties and the created atmosphere. Great cinema directed by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks top Oscar worthy performance. Nonetheless the long running time it's a must see. 7/10.
Narcos: Mexico (2018– )
Another entertaining Narcos series
9 December 2018
I have to admit when I started to see the first part I wanted to turn it off. But I gave it a chance and the story got more and more hot. I wasn't disappointed. At the beginning I had really hard to befriend with Michael Peña's role who was in my eyes a bit emotionless. Finally he did like the other characters of Narcos bosses Felix, Don Neto or Rafa a wonderful and unforgettable job. I could experience again a dirty adventure and entertaining time like the first Pablo Escobar Netflix series that I highly recommend to see it too. Congratulations to the director who made a great job with all the staff. The sceneries abd atmosphere are really well devolped. It gets a solid 9/10. I hope there will be produced other true stories of this genre.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A movie to remember
19 November 2018
God bless all the men who died for saving human lives and protecting the wonderful forests. This movie is based on true events and tells the last days life of the firefighters with her families and friends. The forest fires have been well executed and looks real. I have never seen such good special effects in a natural disaster film. If you like dramatic events you shouldn't miss Deepwater Horizon with Mark Wahlberg. 6/10.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bodyguard (2018– )
Great intriguing story about terrorism
18 November 2018
I read in the newspapers about these tv series that had great success in UK. Then I watched it on Netflix. Each detail is well developed in lot of intriguing plots. The content is much more than a simply cat and mouse chase. You are guessing until the very end who the real moles are and you will experience an unexpected ending. The pictures are well executed and all the actors played their roles excellent. Don't miss it. 8/10
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprising thriller
11 November 2018
I hesitated long time to watch it. Finally I checked it out on Netflix. I am surprised how intriguing and entertaining this thriller has been made. It has suspense and it is fast paced. The heist story combined with the man on the ledge is unique and never seen before. If you have nothing to do and you don't know what to see give it a chance. 7/10
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.