Reviews

2,191 Reviews
excellent
18 November 2019
Love and hate for this movie, and I understand. If you aren't into cars or racing then this isn't your thing to watch, simple as that. But for the muscle car lovers and espescially the Ford Mustang lover Shelby will ring a bell.

Simply said, this is the story about Caroll Shelby and Ken Miles. Their love for cars and starting a battle against Ferrari to build a faster car. And that's what it's all about. Cars, cars and cars and the friendship bewteen the two and their fight against Ford to get started building the GT40.

Excellent performance from Bale and Damon as from the rest two which are perfectly chosen for their characters. And the British accent of Bale, so nice.

Full of action and suspense and of course the death of Miles. A must see for all geeks for cars.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 3/5 Story 4/5 Comedy 0/5
Le Mans (1971)
half flick half docu
9 November 2019
With the trailers flying around your ears for the new Le Mans 66 (2019) I thought it was time to see this flick again. Have seen it ages ago as a kid it still was hanging somewhere in my brains.

Face it geeks, no effects whatsoever. What you see is for real, the cars the crashes, the atmosphere, everything. Even as there's some romance in it still the racing is the main theme. Starting off with some explanation about Le Mans this is the flick for car freaks; What you will see are the Porsche 917 and the Ferrari S125 racing, with the sound of the cars that wil make you crazy if you are inti the sound of cars.

Maybe for some it will be too much of racing and that's why it doesn't have a high rating. Still, I liked it be please place it in it's year being made. Excellent editing, in-sync with the cars. As said, between a flick and a docu.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 0/5 Story 2/5 Comedy 0/5
action all over
5 November 2019
Linda en Arnold of the firts Terminator back in a new Terminator. Sounds great. Firts of all, don't worry if you haven't seen the original one (1984) because Linda does tell it all throughout this flick.

I can really be short about this flick. Effects are really okay espescially in the fight scenes between the robots. Story isn't that original, you could say that it is a remake of the original one. No probs with that because Terminators do terminate so what else could you tell.

Opening is really stunning, action going on and on and never stops. The movie drops a bit in speed and story with the reveal of the original cyborg (Arnold) which is a bit ridiculous being married and being humanized. Once that part is over the movie picks up in speed and action.

Overall not that bad after all if you dig the Terminator franchise. For newcomers maybe it is all a bit weird. The new effects used for the new Terminator are also stunning, maybe it all reminds you of Terminator 2, the way it transforms, walk, look but hey, it's a Terminator.

Inside jokes are also on board, remember, I'll be back, you will get the joke twice. I enjoyed it and people in the theater also, but not one woman in the room, maybe that says enough of this sort of flicks.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0,5/5 Effects 3/5 Story 3/5 Comedy 0/5
5 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
too long but still worth seeing
16 October 2019
So close after part one already a next step into the story. But people said it's better then part one but clocking in at 3 hours I was wondering if it could deliver.

It (no pun intended) did here and there. Some scenes were too long, especially when we have throwbacks to explain stuff. That's okay if yoy haven't seen the first one but not needed if you have seen it. Some humor thrown in here and there surely adds towards the rating of It chapter Two.

But still, it's a horror. And it's in that region that it's better than the first one. Full of jump moments and some really well done effects. Even so good that you started to forget Pennywise himself. But when he comes in he surely brings in the horror. The end is a bit the same of sigh the forst one, same house, same things to destroy him.

Is it all that good, not all. Nope, what the hell with the killing of the child in the beginning. Nothing happens afterwards with her story. Still, I enjoyed it but a bit too long as said before.

Gore 1/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 3/5 Story 3/5 Comedy 0,5/5
Joker (2019)
Awesome
10 October 2019
So this was well promoted on every social net you could think. So this was told to be the best flick of 2019, So many things were said and so I was afraid it was overhyped.

Let me tell you, not one bit. First of all, happy to see Robert De Niro back in a flick that suits him. No more comedies please Robert. Secondly, the comparing all over the net between Ledger and Phoenix. They are both excellent in their own ways.

The movie itself. Starts off rather as a normal flick, except for opening credits which took me back to the old WB logo's and yellow lettering of the seventies, but quickly turns into a dark movie getting darker and darker and more and more insane. The way it was shot, the score my God, really well done.

And then there's the performance that couldn't beat Ledger. Well, Ledger I do still like as the Joker but what Phoenix did as the sart of the Joker is really really worth the Oscar. The skinny body, the laughter, the sick looks. with De Niro in it it did remind me of Taxi Driver who one person can turn from a desperate person into a mad person.

Towards the end I was thinking, okay, so far 10 out of 10 but are they going to ruin the link towards Batman. They didn't, the last 15 minutes, man, it fits perfectly into the Batman world.

It's been a while I have seen such a flick, and after some Marvel rather boring stuff (Avengers Endgame for example) again I was shown that DC is my thing.

I can go on and on. The impossible mission to beat Ledger, well, the Oscars will proof that it has been done.

Be warned, rated 16+, totally correct due the brutal action and the downward spiral of the story

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 0/5 Story 5/5 Comedy 0/5
14 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Avengement (I) (2019)
in you face brutal revenge flick
7 October 2019
I could be very simple about this flick. Brutal in your face revenge flick not for everyone. I don't have more to say but let me explain it.

My best friend watched this on Netflix and told me, hey tehere's something brutal to watch. I agreed. If you are into very simple storylines but into fistfighting and a lot of swearing go watch this one.

If Banshee and The Punisher were your favo series, watch this. Storyline as simple as it could be still there's some tension going on because once in the pub at the end you don't know how everything will turn out. No CGI effects but still a lot of blood, stabbing, shootings, breaking teeth (American History X style).

No more to say, watch it
nothing to do with F&F
1 October 2019
So with the F&F in th etitle I was expecting something completely different. Okay, we all know that there are troubles between the actors of the F&F franchise but why o why do they have to use F&F in the title?

Is it because they are using the names like in F&F? Whatever, it took me a while to get over it because no fast cars or whatsoever. What you get is in your face action. Top notch special effects and a not so believable story. Acting is what you can expect for such a macho flicks. Still after a while I was into it and liked it but naturally it's one of those flicks that once seen you will forget immediately. Pure action, not the Mission Impossible style or Bond style.

Still I have some mixed feelings about it. And for the WWE geeks, Roman Reigns is in it too

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 4/5 Story 2,5/5 Comedy 0/5
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
took a while before I liked it
28 September 2019
I never had any trouble with a spiderman movie but this one was i don't know a bit too childish at some points. I mean, the start it took a while before I really got into this movie. Somehow I even found it boring and the monsters attacking Venice or Prague I just don't care.

But it's the effects that made me watch it further, and guess what. After 40 minutes i started to enjoy it. Again , due storyline and effects. The CGI is stunning. Naturally in a spiderman you need some jokes here and there and it does work with the glasses from Stark given to spiderman but some jokes are for me a bit too childish again.

So much as I loved Homecoming (2017) on everypart so much i had my doubts about this one. Maybe it's the DC and Marvel world combining these days and created this in-between spiderman.

Worth seeing for effects but not the best one for me.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 5/5 Story 3/5 Comedy 0/5
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
sssssslllllllllooooooooowwwww but worth picking up for the forgotten thespians
24 September 2019
This is a difficult one to review because it's full of well known actors from the past and two rock and roll idols so on that part it's a delight to see them perform again. On the other hand the movie is slow, and that will be a turn-off for so many geeks.

If you are into zombies I should say try it out because they are in it and they do bite. Never on the gory part but still, it's zombiefied all over. For me it's more about the sarcasm all over this flick. Due that fact it makes it slow.

Effects are mediocre and indeed, some actors are just in it for a minute or a bit more but they deliver their parts as it should be done. Agreed on so many reviews of thos one, if you are sleepy due the slowness it is possible that you will fall asleep.

Still, no plot at all, nothing explained (maybe the earth itself) and going nowhere it is one for the geeks itself.

Gore 1/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 2/5 Story 2/5 Comedy 0/5
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
not bad at all, and the cat, hilarious
24 September 2019
A lot of Marvel flicks coming out and this is another one that isn't a stand alone, better follow Agents of Shield en Avengers to understand it all. But the beauty is that when you don't follow the Marvel world you can watch this and understand almost all of it.

I did like it because it has action, superb effects and overall some funny situations with the cat. Each time the cat appears I lost total control espsescially in the space ship, hilarious.

Due clocking in under 2 hours, I said it before, is really okay to watch, Endgame clocked in over 3 hours, way too long. Of course it isn' all action and there's a drop just around an hour which is a bit of bla bla and that's what made me give it a 7 in stead of 8. Great to see Samuel back. I liked this one more then Endgame.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 5/5 Story 3,5/5 Comedy 1/5
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
way too long
21 September 2019
Maybe it's better to see Infinity War (2018) because it do picks up what is left of that particular flick. Clocking in over 3 hours it was for me way too long to watch.

Maybe no-one will understand me but 3 hours it has to be good. And it do has it moments building up to the fight towards the last part of this flick but it also has a lot of boring moments and moments were they are talking too much.

I's towards the last half hour that it really becomes what you're waiting for, the endgame. As said, it's not all that bad but the irritating conversations of Tony Stark made me yawn a lot and even reach for the remote control.

Nice to see that Spiderman is involved sadly we do know by now that it could be a once in your lifetime experience. DC and Marvel coming together, not for Disney anymore. Money makes the world goes around.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 5/5 Story 2,5/5 Comedy 0/5
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dark Phoenix (2019)
I don't understand a lot of people
21 September 2019
For most fans of the X-me saga this is the worst one. I don't get it, I do like it due the reason that it really is a dark story.

On the other hand clocking in under 2 hours is good. Why does flicks have to clock in over 2 hours or like The Avengers : Endgame (2019) over 3 hours. It doesn't always deliver the goods making it so long. I was into it from the first moment. The effects were stunning and the story may be predictable but it delivered a nice flick.

The end is open as it could be so another X-men is on the way. Maybe not the best one in thefranchose but still, worth seeing.

Child's Play (2019)
better than expected
20 September 2019
Off we go for another reboot of classic horror flick. This time they were smart enough to place it in our time era and not just back in the eighties, which means, the doll has a cloud and an app. Great for the newcomers in the genre to watch this.

The only reference towards the original one is that the doll chooses it's own name due a fault in it's system, from Buddi it changes into Chucky. Once he's Chucky things go slowly wrong.

Not bad after all and it do has it moments with the doll's scary eyes and some bloody scene's too. Naturally it do involves a lot of kids due the succes of Stranger Things so teens could watch it too. So I was rather surprised that for a reboot it was above mediocre.

Gore 0,5/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 3,5/5 Story 3/5 Comedy 0/5
not my thing
17 September 2019
Was it me or this flick but I never really got into this flick based on Anime. The story is predictable but okay and the effects are stunning but somehow it never became my thing.

It's not the first time that those kind of flicks weren't made for my eyes and even as it had a good response worldwide. The directing was good, acting is okay but is it how they look that I didn't get, I don't know. Still mixed emotions even when writing this.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 5/5 Story 2,5/5 Comedy 0/5
0 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Marianne (2019– )
overrated by the newspapers
17 September 2019
Stated in the newspapers as the next big thing in the horror genre coming from France. Expectations were high due the fact that the goriest flicks came way back in time from France. Guess you all know which ones I mean. Telling that people really were scared and trailers looking promising I didn't hesitate to start this.

First episode was top notch, The creepy atmosphere was there and the score used was as classic as hell to make it as scary as it could be.

On to episode two which was something completely different. The creepy parts and even gory moments from the first one disappeared to move into the so ususal talk talk for a French movie or serie. And so I moved more and more into what becomes a rather disappointing serie. No more gore and a letdown in the gore from episode one. Okay, it's not all that bad, it do has it moments and some parts are creepy but the blah blah made it a bit hard to watch.

Gore 0,5/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 2,5/5 Story 2,5/5 Comedy 0/5
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kin (I) (2018)
a lot of boring moments
17 August 2019
The poster looked like this was going to be a sci-fi flick, and Stranger Things people involved I rather picked this one up but I was aware that this was a flop in theaters.

I understand why, starts off rather good and with the score done by Scottish band Mogwai it indeed had a Stranger Things feeling. But what happens is the fact that suddenly the sci-fi moves away and makes it a flick about mobsters. okay, I can dig that two but the compbination of both is exactly the thing that doesn't work out. After a while the movie really becomse boring because where the hell is the sci-fi gone, okay, the youngster did find the gun but it's almost towards the end that the sci-fi comes back, by then there was too much blah blah and I lost attention. The nude or strip club takes way too long and starts to even irritate. Clearly made for teens, because at the nude club all girls performing are dressed... Just the beginning and end is worth seeing.

Based on a short, Bag Man, it shows that this is way too long. The fast forward was always at my fingertops....

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 3/5 Story 2/5 Comedy 0/5
Peppermint (2018)
Jennifer Garner is back
17 August 2019
Exactly what I said in my summary, Jennifer is back. After the much acclaimed Alias series Jennifer left the action to move forward to more comedy or romantic flicks so I lost track of her due that reason. Let Daredevil (2003) be an exception.

Completely forgotten a friend of mine mentioned that Jennifer was back in an action. And here it is, a pure revenge flick in the style Death Wish or Taken, you know what I mean.

Worth seeing if you like it rough because it's all done on-camera with all the blood included. Story ofcourse is predictable and does match so many revenge flicks. I was surprised that Jennifer still has the skills to fight like in Daredevil or Alias.

If you're in rough action flicks this is for you, if you want romantic flicks, skipp this one because it's not your usual Jennifer. Hope she moves back to this genre.

Gore 1/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 2,5/5 Story 3/5 Comedy 0/5
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Typewriter (2019– )
Asian stranger things, I don't think so
10 August 2019
Starts off promising but once you think, yes, it's going to be scary it falls short on every part. Not to be compared with Stranger Things. Welldone by netflix on part of promotion telling the world it's scary as hell because it even got the news in our region. Effects are okay when their are any but face it, it's more about the jokes then the horror. It is only due the reason kids are involved that the comparison with Stranger Things is mentioned. It is also very slowly and the further you go in the serie the more I thought, skip it or push stop and that should ring a bell.

Waste of time for me.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 1/5 Story 1/5 Comedy 0/5
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
effects are the best thing
6 August 2019
I was warned when this flick left the theatres after a week or two that something must be wrong. So finally on a plane it was time to watch it, ideal clocking in over two hours.

So far so good but what did I just watched? A flick without explaining how the mortal engines became to exist. We do know that things went wrong in the past but that is it.

The effects are really top notch. The rolling cities are great and sad to say, the green-eyed robot is the best thing throughout the flick. A bit of a fail due the lack of characters and a good story.

If you have a rainy afternoon you could easily watch it with your teens. Enough said, just above mediocre

1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
xtreme gore and a lot of fighting
27 July 2019
Indonesia did it again, after the much acclaimed The Raid franchise this one goes even a step further. And by further I mean, it's not all about fighting this added extreme gore to it.

Clocking in just over 2 hours all I can say is that those hours are over just before you know it. It never becomes a boring flick, the action goes on and on and just when you think, it's going to slow down just after an hour when the biker chick enters Ito's house it picks up again to add more fighting scene's and gore.

All acting is over mediocre, filming is really well done, even the score is top notch. If you like your movies full of tough guys who can take a hit or women who like it rough this is it. Really a hell of a movie, and easy to find on Netflix

Gore 5/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 5/5 Story 3/5 Comedy 0/5
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Redwood (2017)
nothing happens in the first half of this flick.
21 July 2019
Story looked great, hiking in the woods coming across some vampires. At the end of the flick I thought, I am fooled, why you ask?

Well, I clocked when the horror really comes in and it's just halfway the flick. The first half it's all about the relationship, the sickness and how they are going to solve their problems occuring in the woods. Of course they are being warned by a ranger hiking any further and deeper into the woods they aren't save but you guessed it, off they go.

The second half is where human meets vampire. But even that isn't scary at all. It's a lot about the noise the vampires are making then about the vampires themselves. Sos lowly this flick turns into a acta and mouse situation. It's just towards the last 15 mi,utes that it really picks up the horror and plot. But by than it's way too late and nothing really happened throughout the first hour except the screaming of the vampires. Acting was above mediocre but couldn't save this flick.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 1/5 Story 2/5 Comedy 0/5
Ocean's Eight (2018)
childish jokes and way too long
17 July 2019
Another flick into the franchise this time with women. Thought it would be great, after almost two hours I was left with bitter emotions. The first half hour was pure boredom. I never really got into the characters and the jokes used were as childish as it could be. Even once they are out for the diamants I never got into it. It was until the last half hour that I started to enjoy it but agree with me, by then it's way too late to give this fail a good rating.

The acting was okay and editing and all of that was great but just a weak story and please, Hollywood, why does flicks have to clock in over 9à minutes nowadays??

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 0/5 Story 2/5 Comedy 0/5
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
good story and no The Exorcist rip-off
15 July 2019
Based on true events and about exorcism always makes me a bit suspicious. Beacuse which exorcism flick could beat those from the heydays of horror and isn't based on The Exorcist(1973).

But let me say, it wasn't bad after all and it's more about the mystery than about the exorcism itself. And that's the good thing but also the letdown for the geeks looking for green vomit and ugly faces. It does have scene's about the possession itself and they looked 'believable'.

Taking place in Romania does add towards the atmosphere of the flick. And of course not spoiling it you do know what is going to happen with the main lead. Acting was above mediocre and the erotism added gave it a bit of a thtrowback to the old flicks.

Ideal to start your creepy evening with this flick, some will turn their face away because the scary parts and exorcism is really well done. Not bad after all.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0,5/5 Effects 2,5/5 Story 3/5 Comedy 0/5
The Bad Man (2018)
what could be a nasty horror turns in a joke
15 July 2019
Nowadays with the revival of the killer clowns productions are trying to make money out of it. And let me say, some succeed and some, like this one doesn't. The story looked promising and even original. Bring in some kinky story with fetish, latex, SM and all that stuff and you do have a story...I thought.

Sadly this one fails bringing in the horror. It brings in the typical scary jump parts with the clown but once he does invade the home this flick drops down into a boring thing. Even as the clown is doing it's best to make it scary somehow it doesn't. What happens is in stead of having the heebee jeebees I became ridiculous and funny which wasn't intended. The horror just moves away after a while.

At the end with the rock, you will see, even that part is done off-camera to only show the result and even that is so wrong. Is that the only flesh left behind?

No, the bad man is more a joke.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 1/5 Story 1,5/5 Comedy 0/5
top notch
13 July 2019
Okay, it took 2 years before I watched this flick. Reason was simple, I had to be in the mood to watch and and do have some time because almost clocking in way over 2 hours it's a hard one to watch because seen the original I did know that it was not going to be a simple one to view.

I can be very simple about it, Denis Villeneuve directed it and have seen Arrival (2016) I knew that this was going to be good, was I wrong, it was utterly sublime. The way it was shot, the score used by French band M83, the editing, the acting, it was all well done. If you are into cinematography then it's a must see. Some did even stated it a masterpiece, maybe that's true, because it never bored me one second. Even as it is very slow and sometimes a bit hard to understand.

Even Batista shows that he has acting skills, even Harrison Ford is top notch, not that I ever doubted that but to pick it all up after all those years.

Again, it shows that Ryan Gosling is a hell of an actor, and that you don't have to go for blockbusters to see a great movie.

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0,5/5 Effects 4/5 Story 3,5/5 Comedy 0/5
1 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.