I'm a little confused over the ending scene in the movie. Does Krelbourne get inside the plant to destroy it?
26 July 2007
I'm a little confused over the ending scene in the movie; I think there's a scene in this version where Seymour Krelbourne (Jonathan Haze) gets inside the plant and it eats him? I know the scene's not in the musical version, so it's probably in this one somewhere.

I remember seeing a version of the movie a long time ago where Krelbourne got inside the plant and it wound up eating him. At least, I *think* that's what happens at the end; its been five years since I've seen it. I've never really understood the meaning in that scene.

Does Krelbourne get inside the plant-- A: originally in an attempt to destroy the plant from the inside, or B: because his guilt over murdering and butchering people for the plant to eat drives him to commit suicide?
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A Christmas Carol (1999 TV Movie)
I think Patrick Stewart's performance in "A Christmas Carol" is wonderful
20 December 2006
I've seen other versions of "A Christmas Carol" with other people playing Scrooge, but I think Patrick Stewart's performance in "A Christmas Carol" is wonderful; his version has to be my favorite. I think that almost scene-by-scene, it's true to the book. An example of this is the 'girl' and 'boy' you see with the Ghost Of Christmas Present. Even if the "Silent Night" scene *is* a goof as someone said, I like it and I think it's a good addition to the movie. I think that scene's pretty. I like how the viewers are taken along with Scrooge and the Ghost of Christmas Present and shown the various people celebrating Christmas, first in the Cratchit's home, then in a lighthouse, then out to the mariners at sea on a (is it a German or Norwegian?) ship; the song "Silent Night" is continued through the entire scene. I especially like the ending scenes with Scrooge joining the choir at the church, then visiting his nephew, then surprising Bob Cratchit. Cratchit, just like in the book, thinks Scrooge is going crazy at first and reaches for the poker. If I could rate any higher than a ten, I would. :) This is one of my favorite movies; I try to watch it or record it every Christmas. As soon as I can find a copy on DVD, I plan to buy it.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
This isn't meant to be taken seriously; it's a movie that you can laugh your head off at while you watch
6 December 2006
This isn't meant to be taken seriously; it's a movie you can laugh your head off while you watch. I loved the entire movie, but my favorite scenes have to be the mistakes with Dr. Pratt's wig; the entire "dueling saxophones?" piece where the president and his clone are on-stage, and the scene where Dix tries to sneak into (is it Pratt's?) office and starts playing that piece of classical/can-can music. I also like the little 'in-jokes' during the ending credits and right at the beginning of the movie. A previous reviewer called "2001: A Space Travesty" one of the stupidest and worst comedies ever? I don't know if another reviewer already said this or not, but: 'Describing like that implies that it was meant to be taken seriously.' Hey, the movie's an excuse to be silly. If I could rate any higher than 10, I would. This is one of my favorite movies ever.
5 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Spirited Away (2001)
Spirited Away- One of the best anime movies ever!
15 November 2006
I don't really know if my comment has spoilers, but I'll mark it as having them anyway. I saw the movie once this year; I can't remember the exact date, though. If I could rate it higher than a ten, I would. My favorite characters have to be Chihiro/Sen; No-Face; the little mouse? (Or is it a gerbil or a hamster? I'm not sure what that one little character is); the little black spider or bat; and Haku. The scenes where the dragon Haku turns back into his human form are really good, but I don't really think I can pick a favorite scene. I love the whole thing. I'm looking forward to finding my own copy of the movie on DVD.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Skylark (1993 TV Movie)
I think this is one of my favorite movies now. :)
4 November 2006
I don't know if my message has spoilers or not, but I'm marking it just in case. I saw the first movie and "Skylark" for the first time on November 4, 2004 (I'm watching Skylark as I'm typing this, in fact) and I think they're both wonderful movies. Glenn Close (Sarah) and Christopher Walken (Jacob Witting) are wonderful playing together. I saw Close in the 101 Dalmatian movies as Cruella DeVil, but I think she's better in the role of Sarah Wheaton/Witting. Sarah, her cat, Seal, (Seal's a lovely cat) and the Wittings are my favorite characters from this. If I could rate higher than a ten, I would. Has anyone thought of making a fourth movie in this series?
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Rottweiler (2004)
I liked the movie, but I did NOT like the way it portrayed Rottweilers.
16 October 2006
I liked the movie, but I did NOT like the way it 'sterotypically?' portrayed Rottweilers. I'll have to give it a five instead of a ten for that. I love animals and I think all animal cruelty's wrong. What makes a dog vicious isn't the breed, but the way the animal's treated. If someone treats a cute little poodle or a Peke mean enough, it'll become an attack dog. I don't have a Rott myself, but I know that with the right, caring, gentle people, they'll become caring, gentle dogs. WARNING: On a gore scale of 1 to 10 (1 being least sickening, 10 being most) I'd have to rate this a 9. If you don't like a lot of gore and violence, then please don't watch this.
Cast Away (2000)
I saw "Cast Away" for the first time on October 8, 2006
8 October 2006
If I could rate any higher than a ten, I would. I really liked the character 'Wilson' that Nolan (or was it Noland?) created. When he lost 'Wilson' at the end of the movie, to me, it was like seeing a living character being killed. I don't know why, though. I literally began crying. Wasn't 'Wilson' his only friend for. . . how many years was he on the island? Four? I don't know if I'm the only one who cried at that scene or not. I grinned when I saw the other Wilson volleyball in the car with him in a later scene. His 'relationship' with 'Wilson' would continue, I guess, is what I was thinking. What awards did Hanks win for this role?
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
This is one of my favorite movies. Michael Caine makes a wonderful Scrooge.
6 October 2006
This is one of my favorite movies. If I could rate it any higher than a ten, I would. Michael Caine makes a wonderful Scrooge. I have it on VHS and try to watch it every Christmas. I like how Scrooge reformed after seeing Tiny Tim sick.

My favorite song in the movie has to be the one the Cratchit family sing together. Every time Tiny Tim (Was Robin the Muppet name of the little frog?) gets sick at the end of the song I get a lump in my throat and start crying. And in the future scene when you realize Tim's dead you can't help crying. My second favorite is the song Scrooge does at the very end, I think it's called "With A Thankful Heart," but I'm not sure. I like how they show him playing Santa Claus to everyone. I also like the ones "There goes Mister Scrooge" in the very beginning and "Marley and Marley" by Statler and Waldorf.

When Scrooge sees his gravestone and realizes he's the one everyone was talking about: "I only know that he's dead, it's a shame he didn't die years ago" I feel sorry for him.

I like the little mice living in that hole in the wall.

I'm not sure about one thing. Did another of the Muppets (Sam the eagle, maybe?) play the Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come?
Shrek 2 (2004)
Does anyone else think Puss in Boots was their favorite character?
5 October 2006
If I could rate this any higher than a ten, I would. This is one of my favorite movies.

Does anyone else think Puss in Boots was their favorite character? He was mine. I loved the cute little 'innocent kitty' face with the big eyes he made several times to catch enemies off guard during the movie. It did the trick! I also liked the way they based Puss off 'Zorro' with the black cape, the rapier and the black hat and had him carving a 'P' into trees instead of a Z. I especially loved the lines when he was telling Shrek and Donkey: "Please, no, por favor, por favor, please no, I implore you. I was doing it for my family! My mother she's sick and my father he lives off the garbage. The king offered me much money and I have a little brother..." and the later line where Donkey says, "Do I look any different?" Puss' reply is priceless: "You still look like an ass to me!"

Antonio Banderas played the role perfectly. I really hope they keep Banderas on as Puss in the following "Shrek" sequel (s? I don't know if there'll be more than three.); now that they introduced Puss, the movies won't be the same without him.
Dumbo (1941)
"Baby Mine" has to be one of my two favorite "Dumbo" songs.
3 October 2006
I don't have the "Dumbo" DVD yet, but I'd love to have it. My two favorite songs from the movie are "Baby Mine" and "Pink Elephants On Parade." Ever since the first time I saw the scene "Baby Mine" it's been a tearjerker; I can't hear the piece or see the scene without choking up now. Mrs. Jumbo only tries to protect her baby and because of that she's labeled a mad elephant, put in chains and locked in a trailer. Every time I see "Pink Elephants On Parade" I find myself singing along with it. I love the song and the scene. I also noticed that during the whole movie, the hyenas (mother and her three babies) were only seen once, during the "Baby Mine" scene. If I could rate this movie an '11', I would.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
I don't think this movie's message about peace is silly.
29 September 2006
I love science fiction movies. I saw this movie for the first time on September 29, 2006. Out of the thousands of movies I've seen in my life, "The Day The Earth Stood Still" ranks as one of my favorite twenty. Lock Martin (Gort) and Michael Rennie (Carpenter) are my two favorite characters.

I don't think the movie's message about peace is silly. It's a strange way of showing it happening, true, but it's not really silly. This is a good movie; if you're a science-fiction fan, you'd appreciate this. I sure did!

Klaatu Barada Nikto. :)
Jaws (1975)
Is there a premonition to the final shark attack in the movie?
29 September 2006
I think this movie's the best of the "Jaws" series.

I don't know if this is a premonition to the attack at the end of the movie or not, but there's a scene in the movie as Quint, Brody and Hooper are leaving to kill the shark, where the Orca is framed by the jaws of a shark in Quint's window. I never thought of this scene as a premonition until the sixth time I saw the movie. I like the scenes where the three are out on the Orca trying to kill the shark and they start singing "Show Me The Way To Go Home." I also like this way the movie differs from the novel: Matt Hooper survives the shark attack. Hooper's my favorite character in the movie.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
"Bastard Out Of Carolina" is a good movie, but there were some scenes that made me physically sick.
27 September 2006
I saw this movie for the first time on 9/27/06. The young actress who played 'Bone' did a great job. The scenes of child abuse, though, made me physically sick to my stomach.

When I saw that band of men begin 'beating the crap' out of her bastard of a stepfather (I'm not calling the actor that, of course. He did a great job in his role. But the character he played was a sadistic piece of crap.), I began cheering aloud. There was a line from Gilbert and Sullivan's 'Mikado,' I think it was: 'Let the punishment fit the crime.' (I'd also like to have a copy of the book this movie's based on; usually I watch the movies first, then find the books.) I was glad at the end. 'Bone' got a legal name and a good family.
Forrest Gump (1994)
"Forrest Gump" has to be one of my favorite movies.
25 September 2006
From the first time I saw "Forrest Gump", it's been one of my favorite movies. This is the first Tom Hanks movie I ever saw; he was great in the lead role. I think I like everything about this movie. I like watching the course of the little feather in the opening and ending scenes; they picked a great score for those scenes. It's tough for me to pick a favorite scene, but I laugh every time the news reporter on Forrest's run yells, "Whoa, Man, you just ran through a big pile of dog s---!" and Forrest replies, "It happens." If I could rate this movie a '100' out of '10', I would. This movie's a real tearjerker in places. When you watch it, make sure you have a large box of tissues nearby.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Shiloh (1996)
"Shiloh" is one of my favorite movies.
7 September 2006
I can't remember the first time I saw this movie, but it's a great movie for anyone. Be warned; there's animal abuse in this movie, though.

The scenes where Judd Travers (Scott Wilson, I think?) is abusing Shiloh will wrench your heart; it did mine. I literally cry every time I see them. The first time Judd abuses Shiloh is at the beginning of the movie: Judd's out hunting with his dogs. Judd hits him with the butt of his rifle for barking and scaring a raccoon, then he kicks the poor puppy, then he tries to shoot him, then he yells at him to come back.

'Come back' to someone who's abused you and tried to kill you? If anyone thought a dog would do that, they'd be crazy.

I like the end of the movie. Marty gets to keep Shiloh.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Life Is Ruff (2005 TV Movie)
I've loved this ever since the first time I saw it.
28 August 2006
I've loved this ever since the first time I saw it.

That one character "Preston Price" is so stuck on himself in the movie. Carter Jenkins was great in the role.

You know in some movies some dogs look and act like their owners? In the movie, Calvin and Tycho go great together. I like the scene where they run the obstacle course in the Royal Hound Invitationals; Calvin's riding the skateboard and doing all of the stunts and "Tycho the Terrible" (I love the nickname they gave him) is pulling him.

I love the ending scene though where Calvin gives all of his Gotham Man comics to help the animal shelter and all of the dogs get good homes.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Old Yeller (1957)
Personal Opinions on "Old Yeller" from Kelly C
26 August 2006
The first time I saw "Old Yeller" I thought it was a great movie; I still do. If I could rate this movie an '11' I would. Every single time I see that one scene near the end where Yeller contracts rabies and Travis is forced to shoot him I start crying. How did they train the dog to act like that? They did a great job. Was the fight scene filmed with a German Shepherd acting as the 'wolf'? Something else I've wondered: I think Yeller's a 'Black Mouth Cur' but I'm not positive. Also, in the 'Old Yeller' sequel, "Savage Sam;" is "Sam" Yeller's son? I think he is, but I'm not sure. Could someone let me know if I'm right on these questions or not please? Thanks.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this