Change Your Image
Upload An Image
Crop And Save
Elton was born and raised in Victoria, and graduated from the University of Victoria with a Bachelor of Commerce degree, specializing in Entrepreneurship and Finance. In his early years, Elton enjoyed a very successful career at CIBC, where he managed more than $60 million in assets and earned three consecutive CIBC Annual Achiever Awards as a top financial planner across Canada.
The real magic began in 2005, when Elton Pereira and his brothers and long-time partners, Adrian Pereira, Myron Pereira, and Don Wharton, founded ParetoLogic.
ParetoLogic specialized in providing PC and cloud based security, privacy, optimization, backup & other utility software solutions to home users and small businesses. Elton and his brothers played a key role in the growth of ParetoLogic, taking the company from 5 employees in its first year of business in 2005 to over 70 employees and 350 million downloads in every country of the world by 2015.
In the beginning, the Pereira/Wharton brothers outsourced the software development team overseas for maximum flexibility and cost savings. In doing so, they dodged the typical bootstrap situation. The founders all contributed funds for the initial start up, outsourced the production of their first anti-spyware application, and as a team made a strong and effective online marketing push. As a result, ParetoLogic was fortunate to have an instant positive cash flow from day 1 of launch and growing. Aside from the wisdom in early outsourcing and online marketing, this speaks to the accuracy of the founder’s market research.
Elton had been primarily responsible for working closely with the executive team, defining the business growth strategy and tactical objectives and creating a corporate culture that fosters creativity, innovation and a strong work ethic. One of Pereira’s strengths has always been his people skills and leadership abilities, and he has always been able to attract very talented people at the right time to help continue to develop and support ParetoLogic. Elton identifies important key core values as passion, drive, integrity, trust, respect, dependable, creative, team and family spirit, compassion, loyalty, and having fun, both in himself and his staff. These core values formed the foundation that supported ParetoLogic’s positive and productive corporate culture. This in turn resulted in ParetoLogic teams delivering high quality innovative software solutions and exceptional customer service.
With the ParetoLogic executive team firmly planted, Elton was able to turn his sights to new ventures – his experience having taught him how to build thriving and stable businesses. Currently, he divides his time among a number of growing ventures. He is co-founder of SureSwift Capital, a diversified web based software as a service portfolio business; PayMotion, a global e-commerce company; Constant Content, SEO friendly content provider; SendtoNews, the fastest growing cloud-based syndicator of digital sports highlights; FuturePay, a safe, simple and convenient payment option provider that lets you buy now and pay later; Social Nature, an innovative social marketing company that brings natural products to your doorstep; Startup Skool, a social enterprise committed to bringing the entrepreneurial mindset to youth; and Journey333, a social impact driven enterprise that allows Journeyers to go on 6 day adventures to build homes, renovate schools, support women’s collectives and educational programs, learn from the locals, support a community’s most critical needs and then reflect, reconnect and rejuvenate at a local retreat.
Notable awards (Elton Pereira and ParetoLogic):
· 2017 VIATeC Community Champion Award
· 2015/16 World Vision Recognition for Humanitarian Efforts
· 2014 Branham 300
· 2014 Profit 500
· 2014 VIATeC Employer of the Year Finalist
· 2013 Profit 500
· 2013 Team of the Year Finalist
· 2012 BCTIA Community Engagement Award
· 2012 VIATeC Community Award Finalist
· 2012 Profit200
· 2012 Branham 300
· 2011 Profit 200
· 2011 VIATeC Product of the Year Award
· 2011 BC Export Award
· 2011 Branham 300
· 2011 WCG International HR Solutions Award
· 2011 Peter B. Gustavson Distinguished Alumni Award
· 2010 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year
· 2010 Deloitte Technology Fast 50
· 2010 Deloitte Technology Fast 500
· 2010 Profit 100
· 2010 VIATeC 25
· 2009 Business Examiner Technology Company of the Year
· 2009 VIATeC 25
· 2008 Profit Hot 50
· 2008 VIATeC Technology Company of the Year
· 2008 VIATeC Innovative Excellence of the Year
· 2008 SIIA Codie Award Finalist
· 2008 Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year
· 2007 VIATeC Innovative Excellence of the Year
· 2007 Chamber of Commerce Young Entrepreneur of the Year
· 2007 Chamber of Commerce Innovation of the Year
· 2007 VIATeC Technology Company of the Year Finalist
· 2007 VIATeC Executive of the Year Finalist
· 2007 SIIA Codie Award Finalist
· 2007 VIATeC 25
· 2006 VIATeC Emerging Technology Company of the Year
· 2006 Top 40 Under 40 For Vancouver Island
· 2006 VIATeC 25