Reviews

The Capture (2019– )
Please read this review as it will help you to decide.
5 September 2019
Firstly the show is above average, reasonable script, reasonable acting and technically sound but.... There is always a BUT, right? Some reviewers regard the dialect as distracting and the lead detective not easily understandable. I am not a native English speaker and grew up in Australia and I understood everything that was said so I can not for the life of me appreciate these reviewers comments. Putting that aside I come to my only and most important main point and I have to say that the next statement is verging on being a spoiler but not really. The video of the soldier which is used to condemn him in the first place is then brought back in his appeal hearing where the defense calls on a video specialist who describes the problem as a lag between video and audio caused by the inferior quality of the camera. All this is OK except for the fact that when they correct the video by synchronizing the sound or so they would have us believe they only synchronize his voice but leave the gunshots exactly as they were in the original video. So here we have a serious problem because ALL the sound is recorded the same and if the corrected video has his voice correct how come the sound of the pistol being fired is exactly in the same sync as the so called UNSYNCHED first video?I love the idea but people, really, are you so dumb as to believe that we are all morons out here. Get your facts correct. This is a case of bad photoshopping only with a sound editing aspect. So funny and I bet huge numbers of people fell for it.
8 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hagazussa (2017)
change your viewpoint
27 May 2019
If you wish to understand and absorb this very well made and thoroughly rich film you need to change your viewpoint and leave the 21st century behind you. This is not a film for people who wish to be entertained in the common sense. It is definitely entertaining though. The first thing is the craft of the film. It is as good as it gets as a an art form. Filming at its best. To those people who gave this film low scores for whatever reasons, I can understand your frustration but then again I can not agree with your absolute lack of maturity. This is a masterpiece exactly because it does not fall into the modern genre or even closely relates to it. It is from THEN! What better way to express it. Cwen does a brilliant job interpreting the script and kudos must be given to the director for his craft and his vision. The only thing left is to discuss the story. I an not venturing there because then I would be destroying your opportunity to gather your own impressions. This is not an easy experience nor should it be. This is mountain folklore from the darkest of times and from the darkest of our human condition. Stripped of all modern idioms, what a great experience. To those people like myself who grew up in the mountains, we know what it is that makes this so great. It is our first touch of the damp moss when we were just starting to crawl.
13 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones (2011–2019)
5 for the sets, the actors and the FX and 0 for the plot
22 May 2019
Finally this age long tease is over. Unresolved stuff like WTF with the unsullied? Like the big speech regarding the concept of the story keeper becoming the king. As real as a pig flying with blue wings thru a deep red sky. Come on people, that ending was a s lame as it can get and I got to tell you people, so damn boring. If it was not for the FX and the acting in at least some cases it would have deserved a 0 for the lot. Then there is John Snow trudging off into the wild north. Again WTF? He could have gone anywhere with his sister for example adventuring. Adventuring into the unknown, OK I get it but again so predictable. It is as predictable as the elevator working again in the last episode of the Big Bang which was another lame ending. It would have been far better if the house they lived in exploded in a big bang of a gas explosion. Back to GOT. The most annoying aspect is however that it seems like these scripters and producers are so typical of the modern younger set who just can face reality, can not face the world which is dominated by men and always has been and always will be. Sorry women but that is how it is. This is a liberal mindset and belongs in the GROW THE F UP box. Another fairy tale for the "I will never grow up" set but I belong to the "we are right set". Pathetic!
8 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Game of Thrones (2011–2019)
The reasons why the show is leaving many viewers dissapointed
14 May 2019
So we are finally coming to the end of the BIG TEASE. Lets be very frank about the entire show right from the beginning. The makers of this show knew that the only way they could keep selling it to the world was to never conclude anything. Never resolve any situation and always leave the TEASE ALIVE. They succeeded until now of course when a conclusion is unavoidable. Tying up loose ends, trying desperately to end plot lines with almost impossibly satisfactory results. The viewer has been manipulated, the naivety and hopefulness of viewers was used as a marketing strategy and it worked but now the sour taste is surfacing and it is unavoidable. This is the result of people ie the producers using cynical methods to enhance their profitability. Sure the show has had some fine moments and the actors have done a great job, many have become endeared to the public like they could never have imagined. This is not the problem, the problem is the cynical behind the scene decisions made by ruthless producers whose only desire was profit. Shame on you all. Now this cynicism is reaping its reward. Instead of a show that will be remembered for its potential greatness it will go down in TV history as the show that sucker punched an entire era of viewers. No wonder so many people are now totally ticked off. This is the result of unscrupulous people thinking's that their dastardly plans will never surface. WRONG. Now eat the crow pie. For me this show has always been a mixed bag of responses. I was entertained sometimes and the I was in a state of WTF, why am I still watching this garbage? OK I admit I wanted to also see the resolutions and I was also partially tricked but I knew they were running this train into a brick wall and here it is. So people, learn from this, this formula is not knew to TV Land! It will happen again and again. Time for a new paradigm in TV but then we might as well expect the pope to be an intelligent guy too.
12 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Good Fight (2017– )
Here is the non disclosure
15 March 2019
The show is a propaganda vessel for liberal loons and that is fine. I mean they have to have some outlet for their Trump Delusion Syndrome don't they? If you like or dislike Trump is not really the question. I support him almost completely and I loath liberal brainwashed morons but this is unimportant. My problem with this show is the lack of writing and script imagination and the very poor and dislocated pathway they present. If this is a top rated show and loved by all the liberals and loony left then I have to ask whether they have become so outlandishly dumb as to swallow whatever 'comes' their way. SIC! Really people! If you hate that man so much you need to seek professional help but please do not accept poor script writing while you are at it. Even liberals can be better than that surely? Maybe not eh?

PS The actors are not to blame but hell someone is!
16 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Skin (I) (2018)
Reductionist liberal stupidity
8 March 2019
The fact that this idiotic short film was nominated for an Oscar and that so many crits here in IMDB are saying how excellent it is makes me wonder whether the real problem is not the color of people's skin but the brainwashing they have received. Listen up people. This is a joke and a really bad one. The film makers are doing no good service to the situation in the real world just propagating stereotypes and very simplified and dull ones at that. I suppose one can feel happy that it was a short film but then that really does not matter. It could have the same message in a Ben Hur epic format and still come out as the dribble that the liberal progressive wankers out there and all their loony tune lefty friends want to portray for their political agenda and their very shallow existence. It is so sad to see that the so called artist filmmaker that made this garbage is actually raising cash for future projects. Yikes people! Grow the F up! Just pathetic.
7 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Destroyer (2018)
Tough thing to watch for all the wrong reasons
13 February 2019
OK Here is the lowdown. Acting is very good but then it is really hard to compensate for the script and the roles these people play. The bad guy was a total loser, no development of his 'badness' so we never relate to the reason why this detective should feel so over the top hate. The entire plot and feel of the film never takes you into it and right from the start we are placed into the "UNCANNY VALLEY". THIS TERM IS USED IN COMPUTER GENERATED CHARACTERS WHO GET CLOSE TO THE REAL THING BUT ARE SO CLOSE THAT IT LEAVES YOU FEELING REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE ABOUT THEM. So how does that apply here? Very easy. WE KNOW NICOLE KIDMAN. WE REALLY KNOW HER AND THAT MAKES IT SO DAMN ANNOYING. Had they used a relatively unknown to play the role we could possibly have accepted it. No matter how great a job Kidman did she had no chance to overcome this uncanny valley. That left me feeling totally dislocated and outside of the film. Terrible decisions made by people who really should know better. The only reason why one would watch this film is Kidman and then they DESTROY the film with the above mentioned dilemma. Very funny actually.
9 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Vikingane (2016– )
EMBARRASSING TO THE MAX
12 February 2019
Just one word is required. STUPID! Just one word is required. STUPID! Just one word is required. STUPID! Just one word is required. STUPID! Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID! Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!Just one word is required. STUPID!
1 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bloom (2019– )
MULTILEVEL ENGROSSING SCRIPT
9 January 2019
After many years of being totally disgusted with any of the film or tv productions coming out of Australia with the exception of the Underbelly series, I was very pleasantly surprised and entertained by this series. A multilevel script carried out in a very high standard on almost all areas of production. Sure it was a bit far fetched but then when you have the guts to try something new and not the typically Australian drivel one has become accustomed to (eg Baz Lurman's Australia, which should have never left the cutting room floor) one must accept that the effort will have a couple of shortcomings. Having said that I do not wish to belittle the great work done. One area of the script that really hit home was the carriage of time on the individual. A strong case of the young trapped in old and used bodies. One of the great tragedies of growing old and inescapable. I would like to finish by saying that for once the people that made this, DID A GOOD JOB!
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nightflyers (2018)
Ah the pain of it all!
17 December 2018
Ah the pain of it all! Those were the approximate words of the Lost in Space madman in that bygone scifi tv series so many years ago. That series was really bad and all so great to watch especially as a kid. This Nightflyer series however not so much. Many of the premises of this show are verging on being ridiculous but then what the hell. It is SCIFI and anything goes....or does it? In my not so humble opinion we have just seen the mess that happens when good script writers are not employed, when second rate actors are employed and when trying to be too clever results in below average stupidity. I watched with growing apprehension where this was going to and like so many other SCIFI productions this one ended in a low and I mean very low level. I can excuse the plot weirdness and the pathetic relationship scenes but what is inexcusable is the TERRIBLE directing and even worse acting. Come on people. This is a disgrace and leaves me wondering who allowed such a production to get past the first episode? Please cancel any continuation of this garbage!
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Braven (2018)
What great scenary .......
3 December 2018
What great scenery and so clear and icy and what about the ocean and the trees and the snow and all that glorious winter stuff. What great scenery and so clear and icy and what about the ocean and the trees and the snow and all that glorious winter stuff. What great scenery and so clear and icy and what about the ocean and the trees and the snow and all that glorious winter stuff. What great scenery and so clear and icy and what about the ocean and the trees and the snow and all that glorious winter stuff. What great scenery and so clear and icy and what about the ocean and the trees and the snow and all that glorious winter stuff. What great scenery and so clear and icy and what about the ocean and the trees and the snow and all that glorious winter stuff. What great scenery and so clear and icy and what about the ocean and the trees and the snow and all that glorious winter stuff. Did I forget to mention anything. Oh yes, what great ...... I think you get the drift.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Vikings: The Revelation (2018)
Season 5, Episode 11
Xmas is nearly upon us but,,,,,,,,
3 December 2018
But who in the name of all that is good ALLOWED THIS LAST EPISODE TO BE MADE AND THEN SHOWN? WHAT A PATHETIC AND TOTALLY FLAWED PIECE OF DINOSAUR DUNG THIS WAS. I MEAN PEOPLE, REALLY? At XMAS we should be nice and forgiving and kind but there is just no way in icy hell that I am going to be kind about what I just saw. I love these types of shows. So escapist and downright boys own stuff. Having said that I also appreciate the craft in film making and this episode like many before it had some serious flaws not least of which is the acting. OK I can forgive and overlook some of the not so good moments in the past but when the entire cast is acting like a bunch of drunk Neanderthals it becomes unbearable. Not a single person in this episode put together a credible performance and one has go to ask who is the director and then who allows it to go to air like that? Yikes what a mess. I strongly suggest that you get your collective acts together. It was just laughable and destroyed what could have been a good season. The taste is not going to go away I fear. You totally F UPPED!
4 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
House of Cards (2013–2018)
so i have finished the series and it finished me
4 November 2018
What a mess. Discombobulated sewage and childish dribble just right for the brainwashed American public and I guess that is exactly what the midterms will be like as well. Liberalism is a cancer and it goes very deep. If you found this last series GOOD then you need to get a seriously large mirror and have a long hard look at yourself. The female component of this series ie the Clair Hayle character is a total joke but then the entire series is so full of badly developed characters that it goes without saying that the script writers and the producers who made this tripe either are a group of very low IQ morons or they are the group that wears the crown of CYNICAL and nasty control freaks. Either way this is so childish and pathetic that I am really glad it is the END........or is it? God forbid.
8 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
House of Cards (2013–2018)
It is gone to a low quality mess
3 November 2018
What was once a great bit of TV entertainment with some seriously great moments is now a tepid and lost attempt to get one more series out there for profit. Carrie Underwood character is falling and failing. The direction of this last series is pathetic an the script writers all went to sleep. What are you people thinking? This is so lacking in density and quality compared to the series that came before and the final thing is --- WE ARE DEFINITIVELY MISSING FRANCIS. Spacey made the show and they wrote him out over whatever reasons. Pathetic.
15 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Distorted (I) (2018)
Seriously?
21 October 2018
I have seen many of Christina Ricci"s past films and usually they were very good and she was very believable. This one is definitely not in that category. right from the start one got the feeling one was either in for a masterpiece or a total dud. It took only about 15 minutes to realize that the masterpiece had evaporated and now all that was left was to try and work out why she would have even allowed herself to be in such a total and utter piece of low level tripe. There is not a single thing I can point to that I can say was good. The acting on all levels was just amazingly stilted and because of that I can only suppose that the director and script people were the main culprits. WHY? This is a premise on psychological warfare that just does not work, will never work , has never worked and yet they tried so very hard to make it plausible and I think this was a major reason for the rest of the breakdown in this film that should never have been made. I felt cheated and not informed, I felt sadness and anger, how could you be so dumb as to be involved in this Christina?
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Designated Survivor (2016–2019)
The problem here is?????
29 March 2018
So I have watched this show as a background entertainment since it started and I have come close to just dumping it a few times but since it is a short 40 minutes show I just let it run. However, now that the past couple of episodes have been so terribly stupid and dumb and totally whacky scripts I am actually going to dump it into the thanx but no thanx bucket. The Sutherland character is outrageously weak and boring and the voice style leaves me feeling like hitting him in the mouth. This show has turned into a total farce and no amount of sugarcoating will save it. The premise has run its course, the enemies are frauds and not worthy of mentioning and if there is a really big bad guy behind all the misfortunes etc then that show better be better written than what we have seen so far or it will be a miserable experience indeed. One that I will not be watching and I strongly suggest to others to take the blinkers off because this is not Jack Bauer and 24 and that show also had a used by date.
9 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Remove the anti Trump garbage
19 March 2018
Your show has great actors and is even quite funny sometimes and also clever but the continuous assault against our President Trump even if it is woven in quite sneakily is unacceptable. Either stop it or you have lost a viewer. That simple. Be an entertaining show without the propaganda for your liberal socialist moron friends. Basta!
39 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
American Illuminati (2017 Video)
And so what... really people?
1 February 2018
So here we go again with the "we are all controlled" garbage that has been around for ever by those that have too much time on their hand and an IQ of below 70 and that is being generous. In defense of the Illuminati I can tell you that as a member by birthright I am ashamed to have our great organization attached to such a load of BS. Downright insulting! If you wish to believe this as a " TRUE HISTORY" then I strongly suggest that you go back to grade school and start all over again because something went terribly wrong for you on your first attempt. Our organization is not and never has been anything but a supporter of human dignity and freedom. Sure we helped protect these aspects by making sure that we had a hand in the governance of the world but we definitely did not manipulate the world nor did we or ever will we wish a world government. The simple reason why we would not want this is a matter of efficiency. We recognized hundreds of years ago that there was a size of population to administration ratio sweet spot after which any form of government is doomed to fail. Just look at the United Nations and even to an extent the European Union. These bodies are way to big to function properly. Regional governance is about as high as it should go and even then problems will always exist but they are to a majority of the time manageable. In regards to our desire to have POWER etc. We already have power by being able to vote which is one aspect that we have been fully supporting for centuries. So please, do not waste your time on this total and mindless fabrication. Read a dirty comic book instead and you will be better served and most likely better entertained.
4 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Britannia: Episode #1.1 (2017)
Season 1, Episode 1
Nice photography but
20 January 2018
So being an avid history buff and also one who does not appreciate the idea that the British actually know history and paint great warriors like Attila the Hun as terrorists or monsters etc when in truth they were great leaders of their people, I was totally amused by the opening sequence. Here we see a very disheveled individual throwing a white pigeon into the air in what can only be described as a poor man's Stonehenge only to be eaten by a swooping whatever that bird was. He then proceeds to scribble a cave full of weird symbols and when he is done behaving with the appropriate maniacal acting says "OH SHIT" That is the exact moment when this pathetic show lost me but I persevered.... unfortunately. The Roman "BIG BOSS" character speaks with a distinct un-Roman voice and uses the "F" word as if this was even known then. So I thought ... hmmmmmm.... can this get worse and guess what? It did! The next absolutely bewildering production decision was the lead-in song over the titles which sort of came after one saw a bunch of badly done computer graphics Roman boats trying to weather a stormy channel sea. So what was this song? The Hurdy Gurdy man song. YES! You read correctly. From here on in I had to entertain myself with some other activity and just sort of listen to the show but even that became too much. Save your precious time and avoid this mess.
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The State (2017– )
WTF is this
26 August 2017
The single most saccharine krap ever made with about an equal amount of moral irresponsibility. By even showing this lame attempt we see yet another range of liberal madness. Giving these dogs any form or respectability or importance or anything is an affront against our values and nation. About time the board responsible for censorship takes a long look at what they are doing or in this case NOT doing. How can anyone regard this show with any sense of value. There are some reviewers here that seem to have left the planet of reality a long time ago. About time some of you people get out into the real world a bit because if you find this a show worth watching then you have a serious problem on all sorts of levels. Kill this show off fast.
16 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Iron Fist (2017–2018)
OMG - How boring and totally juvenile garbage
20 March 2017
If it was not for Jessica Stroup who is without a doubt one very sexy and attractive female this show would have been shut down in a wink of an eye. Really people, when will these Marvel adaptations stop? There seems to be no end to this garbage. The style and the depth or lack of it in these shows is frightening. Are people out there in that younger set really that shallow as to find these shows at all worthwhile spending hours of their lives on. I tested a couple of the episodes to make sure I got aguist of them but NO. This stuff is atrocious and the acting is abysmal and even Stroup struggles to maintain a character because the script is so mono-dimensional and boring. The entire concept is a BIG FAIL and it is high time that people denounce this KRAP for what it is. A poor version of a very poor comic strip. Really time to grow up people and get a life.
8 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Good Fight (2017– )
Hardly any spoilers here except the show itself
6 March 2017
Now call me old fashioned but when I was a kid I was educated to take the game seriously but when it was over whether we won or lost we would have a drink with the opposition and behave in a gentlemany manner. If we lost we were gracious in defeat and applauded the winner and if we had won we said we we were pretty lucky and it was a great game. I see that this type of attitude just does not exist much anymore. Liberals, please, please and one more please, you lost. Get over it and stop with the snide remarks and all this anti Trump garbage. He is the President of the United States and that office whether in the hands of an idiot like Obama or a tricky dicky Nixon is still to be respected. Also it is amusing to note that Trump has just begun to be our president. Might be reasonable to expect a few grace months before you go for the jugular. This show seems to be so liberal that it has become intolerable to watch. I feel sorry for you who still watch it because you are being fed krap of the first order. Balance the show or many of us will just walk away. I suppose there are enough moronic liberals that watch this show to keep the ratings high enough for it to continue but that does not make it correct nor proper the way you are playing. I think the show should change its name from the the Good Fight to The Sore Losers. Either way pretty pathetic effort.
42 out of 85 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Colorful display of not too much.
15 January 2017
So I give this stuff a 3 because the costumes and sets are quite wonderful if not a bit too sweet. The stylization is excellent but that makes the show even more irritating because the expectation is raised to a level that the story and acting just do not match. The direction is a bit weird too. The way the edits are done just does not give a continuity. Again we see an overdone film by this guy. He has a style and he sticks it to you even if he has no real message or story to back it up. This is what happens when not too clever people get their hands on the money to create kitsch. There seems to be a plethora of fantasy type films that do not quite know who their target audience is. Is it for kids, for teenagers or for adults who have never really grown up? Or could it be for the rest of us to make us believe in the dream factory again? Not happening. Do not need the dream factory and that is what is happening in Hollywood. They do not get that the society has moved on, the Hollywood liberal experiment has failed, the woeful violence and sexual abuse that they have been trading on is not wanted anymore so they thought to go like a snapping rubber band in the other direction and guess what? they failed again. We do not need the remake of the Wizard of Oz over and over again. There is another show like this on TV called the Emerald City which is identical in the sense that they are just not getting it. Second rate attempt to sell to the mindless masses. Not appreciated and not needed. Get a grip Hollywood but that would be asking too much because Hollywood is a money cluster fuk and they do not give a flying cracker about anything else. Sad really but the society is getting sick of it.
17 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So so awful
23 December 2016
Firstly, milking this old cow is a disgrace but then that is what Hollywood is all about. Secondly the dated style is just pathetic, rehashing krap for the star war groupies does not cut it and makes me wonder what in the name of sanity any of these actors participated in this sham for? Thirdly it is a disgrace that this film makes political insinuations against President Trump. Just goes to show how childish and pathetic these people are. Fourthly, the film presents a scenario that is so totally boring and overused throughout the film industry history that it is just laughable and why so many people think it was great says a lot about the level of people's intelligence. This film is totally childish. Lastly I am so happy that I did not pay to see it but saw it in a different manner. Hahaha. Not getting a cent from me you disgusting liberal snots.
12 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Vikings: The Outsider (2016)
Season 4, Episode 11
Yikes - what happened to the big V?
1 December 2016
It never was a great show but at least reasonable and a good laugh and some great battles etc but the last show from yesterday is just about as bad as you can get. Who is in charge of this show? The script is so bad that you just have to forgive the actors but then again the acting is still atrocious. WTF people? The entire mood is one of a show that has passed its use by date not by a month but by years. If you continue to make these episodes which I suggest you do not then at least hire some script writers with talent and a new director. Either that or kill off the main characters and start fresh. I am not impressed. The other weird thing is the vegetation. Some of the scenes look more like a biblical mishmash and not Norway.
7 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.