Reviews

Bizarre Reboot of Sabrina the Teenage Witch
17 April 2019
It turn out be a pretty good show. The show has mix of Harry Potter and American Horror Story together. Kieran Shipka (Sally in Mad Men) is okay as Sabrina. Her Sabrina is more spunky than Melissa Joan Hart and the animated character. Some of the cast members are British. Miranda Otto as Aunt Zelda is channing Bette Davis, her version of Zelda's mean while Aunt Hilda is nice and mother figure to their niece. Salem is there too but doesn't speak (which is disappointing, but they say he be speaking in future seasons) and Sabrina's cousin, Ambrose kind of remind me of Salem himself. Michelle Gomez (Missy (the female master) in Doctor Who) play Sabrina's favorite teacher/nemesis who's using her and helping her at the same time because she had her own agenda. The biggest question will be: Will they ever be cross-over episode in Riverdale with Sabrina come the town? To tell you the truth Sabrina is way better than the now trash Riverdale.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Twin Peaks (2017)
Watch Stranger Things Instead But Not This
16 January 2019
It more weird than the film version and doesn't make any sense. They should not have brought it back that was waste of time. The original cast of the 1990s series hasn't aged well. Kyle MacLachlan's character acting weird and act like a little kid until he final come to his sense. Tim Roth, Jim Belushi, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Ashley Judd wasted their talent on this mess. In the scene where a guy's fighting the large ball of Bob, you see the late Miguel Ferrer & Jim Belushi looking at the fight the look of "What the F- is going on?!" on they faces. The series is not my cup of tea.
1 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Frosty Returns (1992 TV Short)
Watch The Actual Frosty the Snowman Sequel, Frosty's Winter Wonderland
30 November 2018
The special have nothing do with Christmas but it more about the environment and has no connection to the original Frosty the Snowman. It's more of a bad remake of the original. The lead girl's friend looks like Charlie Brown & Marcie, and the schoolteacher looks like and sound like the old lady from Recess. The music score sound like my favorite childhood show The Rugrats. John Goodman can't sing and Brian Doyle-Murray singing is worse than Goodman and the kids singing is off-key. The biggest question why CBS still continue to put that special on every year after the original Frosty the Snowman instead show the actual sequel from the 1970s anyway? Just watch the original and skip this.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mad Men (2007–2015)
Overrated Night Soap
23 November 2018
I don't like the show. The men & women are mean, childish & depressing aka not likable. Everybody cheats on their spouses & they are ruthless. There are two things I do like about this show: The only two characters I have little interest is are Sally & Lane. I like the 60's fashion. It's more of your afternoon soap opera.
2 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
B-Movie Style Western
15 November 2018
Fun movie with spaghetti western/Blaxploitation and typical Quentin Tarantino film (over the top violence and humor). They original wanted Will Smith as Django, but Smith is not right for the role, the role was perfect fit for Jamie Foxx. Kerry Washington was pointless as Django's wife, she was more of damsel in distress. But really made the film was Christoph Waltz, Samuel L. Jackson, and Leonardo DiCaprio, you really know why Waltz won an Oscar for his performance because he was excellent in the movie and Samuel L. Jackson performance deserved more attention. Also there comic relief with Big Daddy (which the funniest and stupid scene you've ever seen), but the film show too many racist and disrespect scenes that will make everyone uncomfortable. The film's okay but not great.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Bad Seed (2018 TV Movie)
Excuse Me Sir, Your Daughter is Not All Right
12 September 2018
Lifetime TV movie is second remake of 1950's classic movie, This time the father find out about his daughter's responsible of horrific deaths. Rob Lowe directed & star in this.

Turned out the movie is surprised good. They cast the right child actress to play Rhoda now renamed as Emma. McKenna Grace (Designated Survivor & Gifted), she did good job, she brought the creepy and coldness to the role. She showed how deceitful her character could be; Her hair is dyed black making her look like Wednesday Addams in The Addams Family and makes her scary. Rob Lowe did good job as the father who's discover his young child actions. He is torn as to what to do and he is both shock and sad. There was good & funny interactive with Emma and young nanny (female version of Leroy of the original version). She can see through her and the father/daughter relationship. Patty McCormick made cameo role as the child psychiatrist and made two joke lines "I did exactly what you did when I was your age" and "She remind me of myself". Of course they had to modernize by changing some things and the ending was change from the movie version (they stayed true to the original book ending).
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tomb Raider (2018)
Terrible and Boring Reboot
5 September 2018
Boring and not enough action, the storyline is just terrible as the film itself. Alicia Vikander is miscast as Lara Croft, Angelina Jolie's Lara Croft was smart, brave and more butt-kicker badass; Vikander acting is bland (She's not a good actress) and her Croft is not brave enough and not smart enough. They waste talented actors like Derek Jacobi in a small role. This will be one of those movies I won't re-watch again in anytime soon.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Babs in Comedy-Mystery as Stripper with a Heart of Gold
8 August 2018
Based on Gypsy Rose Lee murder mystery novel The G-String Murders, the film's play like a B-movie in The Thin Man-like style. There someone who don't like strippers. Barbara Stanwyck plays a Gypsy Rose Lee like-character with a fellow comedian who had crush on her and both them team up on solving the case. Stanwyck, the murder victim and "The Princess" are unattractive, but the supporting and minor actresses playing the strippers are pretty. I like one dress Stanwyck wore design by the great Edith Head. Stanwyck's role may not be great maybe it's how the part was written, she's sassy and wisecracking I agree the second choice who could play the role of Dixie Daisy would be the lovely Rita Hayworth. Stanwyck has nice body and singing and dancing. Her singing in two stage act was not good. When I first saw it two years ago I didn't like it but rewatching; now I finding it entertain fun.
Disappointing Suspense
8 August 2018
The movie is boring, but Ross Martin is good as the mysterious psychopath who terrorizes Lee Remick. He threatens her t-out the movie to kill her teenager sister. His character made Robert Mitchum's Max Cady in Cape Fear look like a mouse; He should've been nominated for an Oscar that year. It had good performances by the cast; but it not your typical fast-paced suspense.
Ginger & Rosa (2012)
Good Performances, But Pointless & Slow Story
8 August 2018
The story is not good it obvious that Ginger's father starts to have an affair with her friend. The problem is Ginger (Elle Fanning)'s parents need to grow up. Elle Fanning and Alice Englert did a good job as two teenage girls in the early 1960's London while dealing the Cold War and nuclear war. Also there was a good cast Timothy Spall & Oliver Platt as Fanning's godfathers and Annette Bening as Feminist friend of the two men. The weak cast member is Christina Hendrick as Ginger's mother who can't act.
Young Justice (2010– )
Good Superhero Animated Program Since Batman The Animated Series
1 August 2018
Young Justice is about teenage sidekicks of DC Superheroes and to proved their mentor that they not just anybody sidekick.

The writing is good. There are funny part in it, because they are still teenagers. I think Miss Martian is cute (also in her human form) in first season while she was still long hair. Cartoon Network should not take it off (and Beware the Batman), If Netflix bring the show back in Season Three I hope who will be in the team will be Stephanie Brown (Spoiler/Batgirl III), Cyborg and other Teen Titans.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fallen Angels (1993–1995)
Well-Acted Film Noir Anthogy Series
17 July 2018
These episodes remind me of old movie but there still film noir. I few of my favorite are "Dead End for Delia" with Gary Oldman, "A Dime of Dance" with Jennifer Gray & Eric Stolz, "Fearless", "Tomorrow I Die" with Bill Pullman & "Good-Housekeeper" with Dana Delany, William Peterson, Benicio Del Toro & Marcia Gay Harden. These few episodes were well-acted and had twist in the end. Some episodes were either boring or bad acting they did not keep my interest. I hope they put this show on DVD soon.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Covenant (2006)
The Lost Boys meets The Secret Circle with Twilight Cliches
9 May 2018
The movie is stupid it for teens. It tried to be like The Lost Boys especially the begin of the film. It has laughable dialogues like the where Sebastian Stan's character insult another boy private in the boys locker room. The good thing about this movie they have cute boys.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste
9 May 2018
The movie is not interest enough (bore and predictable plot), but I watch because it was nothing on TV the other night.

Amanda Seyfried still can't act and there is no chemistry between her and the guy who played Vanessa Redgrave moody grandson. There's no character development at every characters.

I don't understand why Vanessa Redgrave agreed to appear in this movie. The movie has nice scenery of Italy it makes you desire to visit one day.

This movie is sleepover movie for tween & teenage girls.
Gone (I) (2012)
Mediocre Thriller That Is Not Keeping You Suspense
6 August 2017
The film didn't last in the theater because it not interesting enough it mediocre, It should've been made-for-TV movie. Amanda Seyfried can't act and the characters (Wes Bentley, Jennifer Carpenter, and Sebastian Stan's roles) are undevelopment. Like what's the point of them. I thought Wes Bentley was the serial killer/kidnapper because his character was the only one that has sympathy for Seyfried's character but he was red herring and not develop very well. The situation is unrealistic they portrayed the police as useless because they skeptical of her story of being kidnap by the killer. She's the only one of his victim to escape and now her sister's kidnap and will be murder within hour. They think she's crazy and of course later on the film (it fall under "Oh she not all that crazy she was telling the truth all that time".) Like No Way!!! In the entire movie she did her own investigation and carried a gun. Everyone is suspect and run from the police like a fugitive. The point is the film could've been better.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It Should Be Called The Avengers: Civil War, Not Captain America
24 May 2017
This was the year (2016) of superheroes fighting themselves. The first half of the movie was slow it start to pick up around the middle of the story. The story lines remind me of DC Animated Movies and Justice League Unlimited first season. Three Marvel characters that do not appear in this one were Thor, Hulk, and Nick Fury which that surprising. They treating Tony Stark like he's the bad guy in this but he doing his job and all Cap (meaning Captain America) is doing's protect his friend Bucky now Winter Soldier. Who really steals the show is Tom Holland's Spider-Man (first actual teenager playing him) in his appearance he just as fun as Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man. The film is okay, but I like said the begin was mediocre but still entertain.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Flash (2014– )
More like the Barry Allen soap opera show than a comic book show
24 February 2017
The series is badly-written and everyone can't act (except Jesse L. Martin & Tom Cavanagh). They don't show the villains that much they're more focus on Barry Allen and his friends personal lives makes for too much soap opera in this series. There only a couple episodes that were okay/good. Barry is more like Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man. Barry personality was better when he first appear in Arrow, he was more likable. Barry and Iris remind me of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson like relationship. Iris and Wally are annoying at times. I prefer Wally West/The Flash II in Justice League animated series better. Wentworth Miller and his partner-in-crime and Mark Hamill are the only ones that make this show work when they guest stars. This series is meant for teens & my age group, prefer to watch Arrow instead.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Batgirl: The Killing Joke
23 August 2016
The first fifteen minute of the movie focus on Batgirl story, her story is stupid. It play as one of Batman: The Animated Series episode. They could've add anything but Batgirl story has nothing to do with the story. Barbara act like a teenage girl. Batman and Batgirl were partners not lovers plus he's older than her. So what happen to her attract to Dick Grayson. I prefer '89 Joker background as already a criminal, not failed comedian that was kind of boring. The movie had sex (Barbara had sex with Batman, that a don't) and rape (The Joker rape Barbara while she lying bleeding). They portrayed The Joker as sexual predator. I thought it would be like Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker.Because I remember first reading the book I see similar what the Joker did to Tim Drake that show how The Joker went to far and Batman beat the crap out of him (I wish this film adaptation should show it). This movie is suppose to be about Batman and The Joker not Batgirl. The good parts they brought back Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill as the voice of Batman and The Joker, when I first read the novella I always heard these actors voices at my head. It faithfully to the graphic novel even. Watch Batman Beyond: The Return of the Joker and Under the Red Hood.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny Girl (1968)
Inside Fanny Brice
21 June 2016
Everyone know comedienne/singer Fanny Brice as Baby Snooks in both stage and radio. This musical is based on hit Broadway musical and Brice's life. The story focus on Brice's (Barbra Streisand's film debut) early career her rise to stardom in Ziegfeld Follies in the 1900s & 1920s. Her love & marriage to then-husband (second husband) the attractive gambler/con-artist smooth operator Nicky Arnstein.

It not a good story and it overrated, but still some entertaining. The good parts of the story is that despise she's not pretty, Fanny proves to everyone that she has talented: humor & singing ability. She is a strong woman at her time. There are funny moments in first act especially Fanny Brice as teenage and during the "You Are Woman I Am Man" scene. There only five good songs in the film. "People" (that a really a standout that show's how Barbra Streisand is a good singer), "Don't Rain on My Parade" (remember heard that song on Mrs. Doubtfire when I was a kid), "You Are Woman I Am Man", "Sadie, Sadie", and Brice original song, "My Man". There is good chemistry between Streisand and Omar Sharif (in real-life they had affair while filming) (Streisand was still married to Elliott Gould). You would not like the second act of the story after Fanny and Nick got married and have a baby. They start have marriage problems; 1.) Nick's start losing at gambling and now their have financial problems 2.) After Fanny get back to work, Nicky start to get jealous/resent Fanny (A Star Is Born treatment) He becomes weak and self-destructive. Even thought it about the early career of Fanny Brice, it actually a musical comedy love story about her and Nick. I believe the Broadway version is probably better than the film because they said studio cut all Fanny's mother and her friends (Eddie and Georgia) numbers. More supporting scenes for Streisand and turn it into one-woman show (shame on you Columbia Studio!). You can see why Barbra Streisand won a Oscar, but Kate Hepburn's still My Best Actress Winner for The Lion in Winter. Both actress won in Oscar history it was tie. Don't watch the sequel Funny Lady because it not as fun as the original. It has some good moments and better songs but you would not like Fanny new personality because she got harder (remember somebody broke her heart).
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Doctor Unfaithful
1 March 2016
Doctor Zhivago is about a Russian doctor-poet who marry his childhood sweetheart/adoptive sister but falls in love and pursing a lovely woman during World War I and the Russia Revolution.

The film is too long and boring. There is no romance/chemistry between Omar Sharif and Julie Christie at all. There's no acting (soap opera-like acting instead). I never understood what Zhivago fall or see in Lara. Well I am not a fan of infidelity he cheating on his wife while she having their second child. They never explains what happen to Lara's family and Tonya, her father and their son. The movie tried to be the next Gone with the Wind but fails. Nothing can top that. The critics didn't like it (can you blame them), but the fans and Academy did like it. It not a good story at the begin. I didn't find the late Omar Sharif all that attractive in this he looks better in Funny Girl, that three years later. Julie Christie look really pretty in this movie. The movie had pretty cinematography and costume design. Watch careful and you see Omar Sharif only son as young Zhivago as a child at the begin of the film. Watch Lawrence of Arabia instead.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cinderella (I) (2015)
Once Upon a Time...There Were Wonderful Cast
23 September 2015
Even though I don't care for Cinderella story, this was a good live-action adaptation of the 1950 classic animated film; They add some of the original tale into the film and it beautiful. The entire ensemble cast did good job (except Lily James) especially Cate Blanchett as the wicked stepmother who channeling Joan Crawford and also the entire cast is British (except for Cate and Stallan Skarsgard). Richard Madden (aka Robb in Game of Thrones) is cute as Prince Charming he also did a good job with his relationship with his father the king(Derek Jacobi), the captain, and Cinderella and his character development. They had beautiful costume design especially Lily James costume it really Oscar-worthy. Kenneth Branagh did good job of direct the new version of Cinderella. Lily James is miscast as Cinderella, she was not pretty enough and can't act (remember she just came out in British soap opera Downton Abbey) Her crying and surprise is not convince. Drew Barrymore is still the best looking Cinderella. The role of Cinderella is difficult, it true they should've have cast AnnaSophia Robb, Elle Fanning, or Taylor Swift (but she can't act) as Cinderella. I watch three times already that sound like I like this version.
2 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Descendants (2015 TV Movie)
Remove the Musical Number
21 August 2015
Four teenage are children of Disney most notorious villains (Maleficent, The Evil Queen, Cruella De Vill, and Jafer) they are given a chance at redemption in the kingdom of Auradon (it was Belle and the Beast son idea to put the villain offspring's in the same school he attends). But the evil Maleficent want to take over and wants Mal to be evil like her as well to steal a powerful wand in Auradon.

The story is okay but the problem is too much singing and must can't sing. I guess would-be attempt be High School Musical, but still good idea for a story. Kristin Chesnoworth was good as Disney number one villain Maleficent, her version of Maleficent is still evil and vicious, but silly in some scenes. Her performance remind me of Susan Sarandon in Enchanted. Carlos (son of Cruella De Vill) and Jay (Son of Jafer) are the attention of scenes. The good scenes at the near end when Maleficent turn into dragon and chase Jay remind of Enchanted. Mal eyes start to glow like her mother it hint she had hidden evil within her and possible sequel. The lady who played Belle from Once Upon a Time (played the Blue Fairy in series) and played her son are both miscast they are not attractive enough to play these character. I would like better without the musical.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: Wrong Number (2011)
Season 1, Episode 16
Mean Girl Get Taste of Her Own Medicine
27 February 2015
Debby Ryan known for The Suite Life on Deck play a mean girl who did mean prank phone call on grumpy old lady neighbor. The next day the neighbor's dead and she didn't give damn about her death while her mean girlfriend had more sympathy. They realize that the old woman haunted their cell phone from beyond the grave and end up need help from a goth girl who Debby victimized.

The story is about bullies get taste of their own medicine for doing wrong thing. Debby character is heartless her character more interested on ambulance man that she flirting with her character deserves what happened to her.
The Natalie Wood Story
15 January 2015
Natalie Wood played a 1930s teen star who become famous and suffer a price for fame (married a handsome actor who turned out be homosexual, the movie studio made her not visited her mother in mental hospital (so Daisy became more lonely)and had mental breakdown.

The movie is not good it's boring, and has silly scenes. Natalie Wood can't act, she not convince enough as a tomboy and too old to play a teenager, they should've cast Patty Duke, can act better than today young actresses. I don't understand why Robert Redford and Roddy McDowell appear this dull movie. Ruth Gordonmake the film little workable as Daisy senile mother.
1 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Weak Romantic Comedy of the 80's
28 October 2014
Robert Downey Jr. (In his first starring role) as womanizer elementary school gym teacher who meet his match with the lovely Molly Ringwald who's museum guide and tried to save her alcoholic father (Dennis Hopper) from mob (Harvey Keitel) who own them debt.

The movie has weak storyline, it not hitting. Robert and Molly chemistry is okay but they deserves a better movie than this. It plays a lot of oldies music and feature familiar faces. I think you rather skip this movie and watch any good rom-comedy. Watch for Vanessa Williams at the beginning as one the woman that Downey Jr. tried to hit on while she walking with her dog named Caligula (!!!).
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.