Reviews

Psycho (1998)
One more comment...
23 May 2011
There is not much more I can say that hasn't already been said about this dreadful remake with the exception of one last comment...It stinks so bad, even holding your nose doesn't help. The acting of Vince Vaughn and Anne Hesch is a disgrace, and it was obvious in the way they delivered their lines that they knew it too. A word to all the movie makers of the world who think it's a great idea to do a film over again. There is absolutely NO need to remake a movie other than the fact that you have run out of good writers, good stories and/or ideas. You can pretty much count on one hand the number that have turned out better than their original. Most of the actors of today can't hold a candle to the greats of yesterday. If it ain't broke, DON'T try to fix it! You'll just come out embarrassed, and we'll have wasted our money.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best thing on TV in ions!
6 June 2009
This is the greatest show! It's about time something different and exciting airs on TV! Reminds me of the old mini-series they used to run... only ten times better! We got hooked after the first episode, and look forward to seeing it every week. This week watching was like being on a roller coaster...a thrill a minute! Held your interest all the way through! I see some serious withdrawal coming our way when it is over! If they cancel this program before the end, CBS will be in for some serious boycotting! All we can say is, bring on more super shows like this for all of us that would rather stay home and watch than go out on a Saturday night... and there are lots of us out here! Thanks CBS! Here's hoping you will release it on DVD so we can see it over and over again!
57 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pushing Daisies (2007–2009)
At Last! Something different!
16 October 2007
Well finally, we have something new and different to watch, rather than the usual reality or blood and guts crime shows. This program is worth an hour of your time! The characters are charming, the concept is very creative, and I can see where they could do a lot with the story in coming episodes. Sure it's quirky, sure it's a bit cartoonish, but considering how much gloom and doom we have to endure every day on television (and I am including ALL commercial ads in this category also!) it's a nice change of pace. Anything that I can watch these days that will make me smile, is definitely something I am going to take an hour of my day to sit and enjoy! Keep it coming! It's great!
80 out of 194 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show is a waste...
21 March 2007
If you want to learn how to be a spoiled, plastic, egotistical shallow person, you need to see this show. These women are such a joke, it's laughable! They try to give the appearance that they have class, but they dress like dime store hookers, their bodies are full of plastic and they have no values at all.

Laurie can't even move her face it's so full of botox! Jo is just a scatterbrained idiot, plain and simple, Vicki is a total control freak who can't understand why her kids hate her. Gena, well, she is just a money-grubbing fat old has been. This is the most ridiculous show I've ever seen, and to know there are actually people out there who ACT like these women is pathetic. Lord help their husbands, it would have been easier to buy a plastic blow up doll for a companion!
15 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Insider (2004– )
This show STINKS!
22 February 2007
The Insider and ET have got to be two of the most irritating shows on television! The majority of the program they spend showing you preview teasers OVER AN OVER and OVER of what they are going to air. They spend more time previewing what's coming on than actually showing it! When you finally get to see what all the hype was about, it's shorter than the preview! I wish I could find out where to complain about these two shows, but they have no email addresses that I can find. I can't stand the female announcer's voice at the beginning of the show either. She needs to be reporting for the National Enquirer! Why they find it necessary to constantly repeat these teasers is beyond me. Is it for lack of good material? I would venture to guess that out of a whole 30 minute show, allowing for commercials, you are getting about 10 minutes of actual reporting. The rest is all teaser. I want to throw a shoe through the TV screen! Somebody PLEEZE get these shows to STOP the ridiculous teasers! ENOUGH ALREADY!
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Big Surprise
15 March 2002
I just finished watching this movie after hearing stories about how scary and disturbing it is, and all I can say is...what happened? I found it to be slow moving, badly acted, and just plain not worth the effort. I would not recommend this picture to anyone. As far as the saying.."it's only a movie..." that's right, it is, and a bad one at that, definitely not worth wasting your time on.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Home for the Holidays (1972 TV Movie)
a great change of pace from the usual holiday fare!
24 April 2001
This was one suspenseful movie with an all star cast. Keeps you on the edge of your seat to the very end! How unfortunate that it is not available on VHS. Make sure to see it if it is ever aired on tv again, as it is well worth the wait!
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Norliss Tapes (1973 TV Movie)
One of the best movies of the 70's
19 April 2001
This was one of the best made-for-tv-movies of the 70's. Why it wasn't continued into a series or trilogy is a mystery, as the ending left you dangling! Superb acting made this a true thriller. If anyone knows where a copy of this movie can be obtained, please post on this comment board. It is never shown on television, which is a shame indeed! Such a waste of some wonderful entertainment!
16 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.