Reviews

2,204 Reviews
The Meg (2018)
Nice to see a shark movie in the theater for a change
19 August 2018
These days, what constitutes as a shark movie is lame films on the scy-fy channel usually involving some stupid premise such as the shark being a ghost, a weather event or some other premise that just screams, not serious and not good. This one though, was a nice way to end the summer movie season as it is not great, but still a fun time at the theater. What is more fun than a big shark terrorizing the oceans as Jason Statham tries to track it down and kill it? Not much!

The story has Statham as a rescue diver who had trouble with his last dive as something seemed to be crushing in the submarine he was trying to get people off of. Five years passed and he is considered crazy. A group find there way to a strange underwater realm beyond a strange mixture that keeps the sea life in the chasm separated from the rest of the sea. A group makes their way to this area only to be attacked by something and soon Statham's character is called upon to undertake this rescue operation and soon a huge shark is found. It makes its way past the natural barrier thanks to a fluke and soon this shark is terrorizing the ocean!

The main problem I had with this movie is the cast. Other than Statham, the little girl and the shark, the rest of the actors and actresses were total crap! The rest of them aside from the badass, the child and the shark may as well been starring in one of those crummy films found on the Sy-Fy Channel! Thankfully, Statham makes this movie a lot better and the shark looks a lot better than anything seen on the aforementioned station.

So despite the problematic acting, this film was pretty good. Kind of reminds me of Rampage with Dwayne Johnson as that one had a similar problem in that the acting beyond the Rock and the monsters was very sub par, but still a good movie and both of these movies were better than Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Still cannot wrap my mind around how that one's script got approved. So, the film is a nice end to the summer and it was nice seeing a giant shark movie in the theater instead of flying through a tornado on television.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Metal Gear Solid (1998 Video Game)
Finally played this classic game
13 August 2018
I played the first Metal Gear game on the NES and I enjoyed it a good deal. I always meant to play this one when it initially came out, but for some reason I never did. Nor have I played any of the sequels. I ended up buying a pack with all the games in it up to part 5 which I had already bought both parts of five in a two pack for really cheap. I decided to play them in order of release so this was the first one I played through and won. It was a bit jarring at first as this came out on the first Playstation unit. So suffice to say, my eyes had to adjust to the graphics; however, that being said, once my eyes got used to the graphics it looked fairly decent. Definitely the upper echelon of graphics for games on the first Playstation. So, despite the dated graphics, it was a really fun game with a very interesting story.

The story has the hero, Solid Snake, coming out of retirement due to a rouge military group called Fox-Hound taking over a military installation in Alaska. This installation is supposed to be simply a place where deactivated nuclear arms are held, but in reality, the warheads are quite active and worse a new Metal Gear weapon is being readied! It is up to Snake to get through the military installation and stop Metal Gear one way or another. Standing in his way, a mysterious soldier named Liquid Snake and his follows including Ocelot who is partial to six shooters; Raven, a large man who prefers tanks and miniguns; Psycho Mantis, a man who uses his mind as his weapon; Sniper Wolf, enough said and a whole army of specially made troops! Snake will find allies though on his mission to take down Liquid Snake and the newest Metal Gear weapon!

The game play is stealth based and pretty easy to pick up. I had trouble at first, but once I figured the controls it got easier. Like the game in 1987, this one features an array of equipment to help Snake make it through his mission. various weapons like handguns, machine guns, rocket launchers and explosives are included as well as equipment such as night vision googles, bulletproof armor and key cards. One small complaint is that the sniper rifle was very difficult to use and at times it was very annoying aiming guns in this game.

So, a very fun game and despite the fact that is an aged game and looks a bit off due to being a Playstation one game it is still a very fun game with pretty good game play and a very good story. I much prefer games like this to some of the games of today that may look all shiny and pretty, but lack any sort of decent story. This one is fun and I am looking forward to moving on to the second game, Son's of Liberty.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I expected a bit more from this considering the stars
12 August 2018
Me and my fiance saw this listed on Vudu and the summary of the film made it sound interesting and the two stars made the film sound promising. Unfortunately, despite the stars and despite the promising premise, this film failed to really work for me. It as interesting enough to keep me watching as I was curious to see how the film would pull off the reveal (because you just know this one was going to have a reveal), but the climax failed miserably making me fee like I had wasted precious time watching this film rather than doing something a bit more productive.

The story has an astronaut played by Johnny Depp going on a mission where something goes wrong. Not sure what exactly, as they kept saying an explosion and that Spencer (Depp) and another astronaut were out of contact and adrift for two minutes. Well, they return home and get welcomed back as heroes, but something seems wrong with the other astronaut and he soon passes away. His wife would later commit suicide. Charlize Theron plays Jillian who is married to Spencer and the film revolves around her trying to discover what exactly did happen in those two minutes that the two astronauts were left stranded in space. She begins to feel her husband is acting differently and soon she finds out she is pregnant with twins.

The film is a bit of a combination of Rosemary's Baby and Invasion of the Body Snatchers, but it really did not work. The climax just felt stupid as Jillian in the end may as well just went with the flow and stayed married to her alien husband considering what occurs at the end. Seriously, what did she think would happen? She should have just offed herself, because even if Spencer had died and the alien not get into her she still would have given birth to alien offspring!

So, not a really good movie even though it did feature two excellent actors in the lead roles. The storytelling did not work here and neither did the plot which did have promise, but was foolishly squandered trying to be different while obviously copying a copious amount of films. I almost wish the ending to this one featured us learning that Jillian was crazy as that would have actually been a bit more interesting in my mind.
Nice change of pace from Infinity Wars
12 August 2018
I write a lot of reviews, for the most part I do quite badly apparently because my review for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and Infinity War both are said to be unhelpful. Meanwhile, the lead one here has missing punctuation, is not even a complete paragraph and seems to be written in broken English and has over 129 people saying it is helpful. This site is full of strange people, this film is also strange and rather good and funny. It is a nice change of pace from Infinity War (which I did love btw) in that the plot in this one does not revolve around a super villain with a plan that can doom us all. Some may complain about the villain's motives, but seriously, in the comic books not every story revolved around villains plotting to take over the world.

The story has Ant-man, Scott, is under house arrest due to his part in Civil War. He passes his time helping his friend with his business and frittering away his day. That is, until he has a dream that makes him call Hank Pym who has been on the run thanks to Scott using his Ant-man suit during the Civil War. Hank quickly retrieves Scott because Scott may hold key information in finding Hank Pym's wife in the metaverse. Unfortunately, there are others interested in Hank Pym's tech and a strange new villain also wants her hands on Hank Pym's technology! Thankfully, Scott has an ally to fight alongside as Hank Pym's daughter Hope has now taken the mantle of the Wasp!

The movie was good for the most part, but the Ant-man films do seem to trend more on the comedy side of things. Which is kind of a good thing after the ending of Infinity War. My main complain about this one has to do with Scott being under house arrest in this one. He was locked in a cell in a special prison at the end of Civil War and it made it look like Captain America was going to break them free. Yet, here he is just stuck in his house...seems like his sentence was kind of light considering and did Cap not break him out?

So I enjoyed this film, it has some action, but it did seem to trend to more of a comedy. The effects were good and like all the movies in the Marvel Comic Universe, this film does have a scene that ties this one into the other films in the series. I like the characters in this series, but I kept wondering if they had replaced the actress who played Hope in the first movie because she looked different to me. Apparently, it was the same actress, but she totally looked like a different person to me! Anyways, a nice addition to the MCU and I look forward to seeing Ant-man again!
The Boogens (1981)
Attack of the point of view monster or monsters?
31 July 2018
I saw this film once as a kid and the main thing I remember about it is the fact that the monsters of the piece are almost a no show throughout said movie and that when I did see them they looked like some sort of turtle and snake. Years later, I get the film on DVD and watch it and I was correct, the monsters are a no show through most of the flick, but what I saw as a kid and processed looked so much better than what I see as an adult. This is also a case of a horror film being almost a really good film, but being underdone by several factors.

The story has a couple of friends working with these other two older gentlemen trying to reopen a mine that was shut down in the early 1900's due to strange circumstances. They blast open a portion of the mine and then we get introduced to one of the younger guy's girlfriend and her friend and a dog that nobody seems to like who is seemingly near death at every step of the film! Well, when they blasted open a portion of the mine, they let loose some sort or creature, or creatures as the title implies and soon it is on a rampage; however, we mainly get to see new relationships budding, people losing at pool and missed sex opportunities.

The film was almost good, but it spends way too much time focusing on stupid stuff rather than the poorly established monsters. Seriously, why not add a few more townspeople into the film, the old guy at the end says there are tunnels all through the place, why do they only attack the one house? Why did knocking out one cave close them up so thoroughly and why is Boogens plural when there is never more than one on screen at a time? Never before has a monster been implied so much until The Blair Witch came along!

So, no, this film just had to much wrong with it to be a good horror film. It had enough going for it though to not be a total disaster though too. A couple of good kills and a good premise help it rise above being totally bad, too bad so much holds it back such as spending way too much time on stuff not related to the monsters. Speaking of them, when we finally see them, or it, they look almost cute!
Plot dooms this entry into the Jurrassic Park series
31 July 2018
A lot of people did not care for the last entry into the Jurassic Park series, but I thought it was pretty good as it was the first film of the series to feature a fully working park with tourists who get caught up in dinosaur chaos. This one, is kind of a retread of Jurassic Park: The Lost World, which to me was not a very good film and this one is also not very good. Take away some pretty good action and some good effects and you are left with a plot that must of been written by a twelve year old whose dream is a big budget movie featuring some sort of dinosaur wars, where man rides dinosaurs into combat. Characters in this one act completely different than they did in the previous movie; meanwhile, the only one who seems to have a brain is Jeff Goldblum's character who is only in the film for two minutes.

The story has the dinosaurs living on the now abandoned park; unfortunately, a convenient long dormant volcano is fixing to erupt threatening the lives of the dinosaurs on the island. For some reason, people want to save these creatures that should be extinct and spearheading this movement is Claire, who now loves dinosaurs and talks about the first time she saw a dinosaur. Kind of different from the stiff person in charge of the park in the previous movie that only cared about making a profit. She is convinced by a man who was friends with the old guy in the first film and who wanted to make dinosaurs too before having a parting of the ways to help save the dinosaurs and get Blue the raptor off with the help of her old flame Owen. Of course, the old man put an obviously dastardly man in charge of everything so the whole thing is a way to get the dinosaurs off the island and to auction them off for ridiculously low sums of money to evil bad guys who get totally unraveled by one small head butting dinosaur. Meanwhile, a new super raptor is being made and I cannot help but think what is the obsession with raptors? When I was growing up never even heard of the things, now they have upended the way more awesome t-rex as the main dinosaur in these films. Soon there is a bit of chaos in this mansion and the film has a really cheap vibe and it plays out more like Dino Crisis the movie than Jurassic Park.

The plot is just too bad to make up for the fact I did enjoy the eruption and a few other action sequences. That anyone would be in awe of this movie makes me think people are truly less intelligent or they are studio shills. Lets see, there is an old man who had a parting of the ways with Hammond in the first film. This parting of the ways had to have occurred before the opening of the first park. Well we find out, they parted ways because the old man here cloned his daughter! Gasp! Except the kid is like 12 years old max and seeing as how the first park was in 1993, I am thinking this was just a cheap way to get a brat into the movie. The whole dinosaur for military purposes is getting stupid, I don't care how much natural armor your dinosaur has, it would be blown up quite easily by today's weaponry. Also, I am pretty sure a one of a kind dinosaur is going to fetch more than a mediocre NBA player and quite frankly, that mansion was probably worth more than the 127 million that dude was getting at the halfway point of the auction. Dude was hired cause he was good with numbers, but apparently not really!

So, I would say this is a popcorn summer film and that you must turn off your brain so you can enjoy it, but just too much did not work. Chris Pratt apparently ingested some of Captain America's super soldier serum to survive some of the stuff he did and fight off a number of mercenaries and Claire must have received brain damage from the previous film to now love dinosaurs so much. Honestly, this is a case of a movie doing well by name alone and the fact kids still want to see dinosaurs, but I found the Dwayne Johnson action film with monsters, Rampage, way more enjoyable than this. It was not super great, but it had a much more action packed conclusion than watching dumb clone brat hiding from super raptor who is easily killed by regular raptor in her bed. Not under it, which I can see, no, just under the covers. Yet, this movie left some of you guys in awe?
2 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Limbo (2010 Video Game)
Very atmospheric game, loses some luster near the end
25 July 2018
I had seen photos and videos of this game and thought that it would be fun to play. A bit of a platform game with some puzzles to solve. I ended up getting it on the PS4 system and I will say that I enjoyed the game, but at a certain point in the game it just stopped being as fun and atmospheric as the beginnings. Basically, when you got out of the woods and into the industrial type setting, the game just lost some of what made it so entertaining in the earlier stages.

The story, from what everyone seems to deduce has a boy waking up in the middle of a creepy forest. They then speculate that he is hunting for his sister, though not sure why it could not be his girlfriend or just a friend rather than a sister. The world he awakens in, is one of quiet and eeriness. It is also one filled with danger as there are traps and other obstacles to overcome in this nightmarish landscape!

The game play is basically a side scroll game with puzzles to figure out to get through the many obstacles present in the game. You can jump, pull things, push things and activate things. It was really entertaining during the stages when you had to get by spiders and such, but once again, the game just kind of lost its magic when you were in the world simply activating gravity plates that just did not seem to fit the motif of this world that had been created.

So, not my favorite game ever, but it had its moments. If only the game play had been more like the first portion of the game throughout I would have rated it higher. Figuring out that you could rip a spider leg off then roll the spider was just more interesting than activate this thing to make crate fall in right spot. I am wondering if these stages I am complaining about are all just add on stages for the PS4 as the original Xbox 360 version only had 24 stages while this had 39 so it may be a cause of them lengthening the game, but not really putting much effort into the stages and puzzles as they had originally done.
Deadpool 2 (2018)
Deadpool is back and is less serious than ever
17 July 2018
I enjoyed the first Deadpool film and I also enjoyed this one. Anyone who liked the first one, but didn't like this one is a bit perplexing seeing as how it contains the same humor as the first film. It is not as if this one is a huge departure that experiments and does things completely differently or something. No, we get the same Deadpool we got in the first film, only with some more action this time around, but still the same amount of gags. We also get Cable, X-Force, Colossus and a whole bunch of other crazy stuff!

The story has Deadpool's lady friend from the first film being taken out by bad guys right from the get go leaving the super healing sort of superhero depressed and no longer wanting to live. Colossus tries to get Deadpool out of his funk and gets the crazed hero to join the X-men where he promptly gets himself arrested due to the fact he shoots someone during his first mission trying to get a mutant boy under control. The boy and Deadpool get sent to a prison and soon a mysterious warrior named Cable breaks into the prison to kill the boy. Deadpool makes it his mission to save the boy and forms X-force, but soon inadvertently frees not only the boy, but the Juggernaut as well from a prison convoy. Deadpool and Cable form an uneasy alliance and try to stop the boy before he kills and gets a taste for killing!

The characters were great and I like how they did the Juggernaut in this movie. The first film showed that they could have made a proper looking Colossus and this film shows they could have made a Juggernaut that looks like Juggernaut in the X-men films. Not only that, they had Colossus and Juggernaut fight in this film! This is something I expected to happen in the third X-men movie, but it never happened. The Deadpool series just does a better job of making the characters look right and give us what we want.

So, I enjoyed this film and I am sure there will most likely be another one. I enjoyed the humor and I really enjoyed the whole X-force portion of the film as the trailers I saw really had me fooled on how that would play out. Ryan Reynolds once again does a good job as Deadpool and I thought Josh Brolin did a decent job as Cable too. Kind of funny seeing him in this considering he was also the voice and motion actor for Thanos. Domino was really cute and I liked her character and I liked the return of Colossus and the girl from the previous film as well. Just a fun film, nothing to take seriously and worry over that is for sure.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor combat system reduces fun of the second entry
16 July 2018
I really enjoyed the first Kingdom Hearts game and when I looked forward to the second game in the series; however, when I began playing it, there seemed to be something off. Like I was missing what was going on. Come to find out, this game, which is not part two, but at the same time is, has things that happen within that are essential to understanding just what the heck is going on in part two. I simply quit playing part two because of this and never really found this entry until it was released on the PS4 along with the first two games. Suffice to say, it does fill me in on what is going on and the story is somewhat interesting, but the combat system is a big old pain to learn and figure out.

The story picks up where the first game left off as Sora, Donald and Goofy are trying to get Pluto. They end up at a castle and enter and soon find themselves back in Traverse Town, only something is not quite right. Seems the castle they are in rearranges memories and thus, as you go forward, your mind begins to forget a lot of things. Soon, the gang find themselves revisiting many of the worlds they entered and sealed on a quest to figure out what is going on, who are the mysterious figures clad in black robes and to figure out the relationship between Sora and a strange girl named Namine.

The main problem with the game is the game play itself. A bit tedious as all you do is go through this room to that and go through very brief storyboards. The combat is a strange mix of real time fighting and card battling and it is very annoying. I am guessing I am not the only one who disliked this portion of the game, because as far as I know, this is the only Kingdom Hearts game that uses this messed up battling system. It is just really annoying trying to pick cards while simultaneously trying to avoid the enemy and sometimes having to jump and hit certain points on the enemy. Just an all around annoying combat system that really brings this game down a notch or two.

So, it was not all bad as it did fill in the gaps, but the game play is not really all that great. Very tedious, very monotonous and at times a bit frustrating too. So far the best game I have played in the series is the first one, I did manage to get far in the second game, but did not win it. Going to give it another go shortly and see if maybe it will be a bit more fun with some of the strange plot points covered now that I have played this game. Just wish they would stick to keeping the story within the main series of game and stop making all these in between games.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Exactly what I was hoping for and what I've been waiting for
2 July 2018
I enjoy the whole Marvel comic universe thing they have going on now as to me having beloved characters I have seen in the comics and were a part of my childhood on the big screen is simply amazing. Then, like a comic book, I can be watching one characters film and another hero can appear. I loved crossover comics and I love crossover movies as well! This film features several comic book characters and Thanos, whom I have been anticipating in a Marvel movie since they teased him in the original Avengers film. I was disappointed a bit by the second Avengers film (still enjoyed it overall) as they went with Ultron as the villain and then later got more disappointed when I read somewhere that the Abomination was originally going to be in the film, but they scrapped the idea. That would have really given that film the kick it needed. This one though was not a disappointment at all as I got to see Thanos be as totally awesome as he is in the comics and I got to see many of my favorite superheros on the big screen at the same time!

The story has Thanos, the mad titan, collecting infinity stones as he makes quick work of both the Hulk and Thor! The Asgardian ship seen in the previous Thor film is decimated as Thanos collects yet another stone and soon sends his children to Earth to collect the stone within Vision's forehead and the one protected by Dr. Strange. Thanos, himself, goes to the collector to retrieve the stone left in the Collector's care. Tony Stark ends up getting a warning from old friend Bruce Banner who gets back to Earth thanks to Heimdall and soon the children of Thanos make their attack as Tony must once again don the Iron Man armor to fight off these attackers and try to protect Dr. Strange's time stone. He gets some help from his friendly neighborhood protege, but all three end up on the ship of this weird dude who has very powerful telekinetic powers. Bruce Banner is left on Earth and he makes the call to Captain America who has to try and hold off the hordes of creatures that come for Vision's stone and does so by going to Wakanda where he will get the aid of the Black Panther and his old friend. Meanwhile, the Guardians of the Galaxy recover Thor and soon Thor, Groot and Rocket go to a place where Thor can get a powerful weapon to fight Thanos, while the rest of the Guardians try to stop Thanos at the Collector's. The power Thanos wields though is truly terrifying and things keep becoming vastly more difficult for all the heroes!

The thing I enjoyed most was seeing all the different heroes interacting together. I was not expecting Dr. Strange, Spider-man or the Guardians to be in the film as much as they were. I was expecting more like extended cameos. I enjoyed watching Iron Man and the group on Titan fighting Thanos as they did a really amazing job of combating him. The only thing I wish there was more of is Captain America as he just did not really factor into the movie much at all being a bit ineffective. I also want him back with his regular shield too! Still, just a minor complaint in a movie that completely wowed me for the most part.

So yes, this was a very good comic book movie. I do believe I enjoyed it more than the first Avenger film which I also loved as this one was just so overwhelming and did so many cool things. This one also featured the best villain in Thanos, who they did really good with, making him almost sympathetic at times. The action was great in this one as all the battles were totally off the chain and as I said watching Dr. Strange, Iron Man and Starlord together on the same screen was simply great. I look forward to the next Avengers film coming thankfully next year. At first I thought it was not coming out until 2020, that would have been a very difficult wait!
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jûôki (1988 Video Game)
Absurdly short Genesis game
5 June 2018
It is a good thing that this game came with the Genesis in most cases, because I would hate to put out the amount of money it takes to buy a new game on this thing back in the day. This one started out as an arcade game and it is a pretty good arcade game. It is not too long and is actually winnable. Herein lies the problem, translate that to a console and you have a game that will not even kill an hour! Heck, an hour, I meant like 10 minutes! It would have not even been worth a rental!

The story has a centurion that was killed being given a second chance to save some god's daughter. I just say it is Zeus. The daughter is captured by some bald head dude that always greets our hero with the line, "Welcome to your doom" despite being beaten again and again. The centurion with the help of the white wolf can turn into a more powerful, and muscular warrior and then into a beast with fantastical powers! Why Zeus could not just make him a beast to begin with is only known to the gods!

The game play is simple, you punch and kick your way through hordes of the undead and monsters to get through each stage and fight the bad guy at the end who turns into some hideous monster. You collect power ups so that you can turn into a beast who is super powerful, because if you do not, forget about getting by the final stage boss!

I just played this on the Sega Classics Collection on PS4 and I was completely floored at how short this game is! I remember the stages being a bit longer, but for the most part they make a Super Mario Bros stage look huge by comparison. There just is not enough to this game to grant it its own cartridge. Perhaps they could have made the game longer for its port over, because what is good in an arcade may not translate to a decent game for your home console.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Emily Wants to Play (2015 Video Game)
Where was the pizza!?!
5 June 2018
I got this game on the Playstation Network as I thought it might be fun. It was fun to some degree, but at the same time in this day and age, it was very short. The first Slenderman game was extremely short too, then the sequel came along and was fairly sizable and well worth the price of 1.99! This one just seemed steep at 4.99 because it is one house with a few rooms so there really isn't all that much meat to behold in this one. The game did provide me some jumps though and it did provide me with something to cuss at, so it is okay, just not a lot of replay value once you actually win the game.

The story has a pizza delivery guy who does not seem to have a pizza at all coming into a home where he will face the horror of strange dolls and a very disturbed little girl who seems to be a ghost or something. He must try and make it through the night as more dolls appear to torment him as he tries to figure out the strange secret behind Emily!

The game play is first person with the main thing you do is interacting with a few objects, moving around and turning on a flashlight. You have to figure out the secret trick to getting passed each hour as a new doll is introduced with its own rules to abide by. It did get frustrating near the end when you had to contend with finding Emily and all three dolls at once, but I was finally able to do it after watching a You Tube video that showed me the key to getting to 6 am and getting the heck out of that house!

So nothing super special and not all that great, but it had its moments. The graphics are okay, could be better and there just could be a bit more to do, but heck, it did provide a startle here and there for me so that is cool. I wish the button to make you run was different from the joystick though as that made my finger hurt having to press down so often!
Piranha 3D (2010)
Mindless gore and entertainment
29 May 2018
This film is a rather cheesy film, but sometimes a bit of cheese is a good thing. In fact, I enjoy cheese so to a point I enjoyed this film. It had some great gore in it and it was just a mindless movie where you shut off your brain and enjoy an hour and a half distraction. The film was a modest hit, making its budget back in the states and making an additional 55 million with its worldwide gross, but not a super hit by any stretch of the imagination.

The story has a earthquake that unleashes an underwater cavern where there are apparently thousands upon thousands of flesh eating piranha residing. One would think that if these fish were living in an isolated cavern where food was not plentiful they would evolve needing less food, but like I said it is mindless fun as they come out hungry and their victims? A bunch of annoying teen spring breakers, so you are going to enjoy watching them get killed. A teen whose mom is a sheriff goes with this guy shooting a girls gone wild type video (why the heck were those things popular?) and we meet a few people before the fish go on their super kill spree!

The film features quite a number of actors such as Richard Dreyfuss who gets credited and I never really noticed him, then figured out he was the fisherman at the beginning of the film. Then there is Christopher Lloyd who was not listed in the credits, but who is in the film a lot more than Dreyfuss. Ving Rhames also plays a role in this one and there are a couple of others of note.

They seem to be just having fun with this one and as I said, just don't take it too seriously and it is enjoyable enough. Nothing great, but I could think of worse movies to waste and hour and a half with. The gore effects in places are great and the film leaves off clearly with a sequel in mind. Just one question, how did those two chicks stay underwater for so long without drowning?
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perusona 5 (2016 Video Game)
Persona 5 is another winner in the series
28 May 2018
With the exception of the first two games, the Persona series is totally fantastic! The first two were okay, but nothing like what is found within the last three games. Had to wait a long time between games as this one took forever to be released, unlike the fourth game which was not released too long after the third. I am happy to report that this one was worth the wait. I do rank this one ahead of the third game, but slightly behind the fourth. Not by much mind you as I give all three a 10 score. I just feel the fourth one had a better and more interesting story and the music in that one was way better too. This one is by far the best looking of the trio, but that would have to be the case seeing as how three and four were both released on the PS2. This one also was a bit overwhelming at first too, due to the large scale of the game making me wish they had released a strategy guide for this one as that really helped my game play experience with the fourth one as it really helped me sort out what I was going to do and I was easily able to max out social links and stats and such. Here, I was taking a stab in the dark a lot of times, which is why I did not max out all that many social links in this one, kind of got to the end and was shocked it was nearly over despite the length of the game.

The story in this one starts out by having a group calling themselves the Phantom Thieves pulling off a heist. You are thrust right into the action only to find your character taken into custody! We then go back in time as the main character is interrogated by a prosecutor about the events leading up to the failed caper. The main character comes to a city where he must live with a guardian due to the fact he is on probation due to an event where he was unjustly prosecuted for assault. He goes about his high school life, but one day he and his friend Ruiji find themselves in a strange alternate version of their school where they meet a strange cat like humanoid named Morgana. Through Morgana they learn the secrets to this alternate school and learn they have the ability to change a person's ways by infiltrating it. They first tackle a man whose sick desires is making people at the school miserable to the point of suicide! Another student, Ann, soon joins the group and soon they are the Phantom Thieves as more join their ranks and they must continue to infiltrate Palaces and this strange realm known as Mementos as they begin to learn the strange truth and try to reform society!

The game play for this one is like the third and fourth game, which was a relief to me. I was afraid they were going to try to change it up like so many other RPG franchises have done in recent years. No, this one still relies on turn based battles, which I prefer as they offer more strategy during the combat. You also still go through your daily life, though there is a lot more to do in this one and you play a more active role during events in this one. You still must max out social links, which is difficult due to the fact I was going at it rather blindly here. You also do the whole fusion thing that is common in this series and the whole Shin Megami series as well. Very little to complain about, as long as you enjoyed the third and fourth game you should enjoy this one as it is like those.

So, this one was a very great RPG game which is my favorite genre of video games. I like that it is like the old school ones where the battles are turn based and the world is not open world that is so prevalent these days. I also loved the fact that the game play is the same as three and four as I was very fearful that they would change things up as that is like the thing to do these days. It was nice that the makers of this series went against the grain and stayed basically the same with just an upgrade in graphics and a bit more interactivity during your daily life. I would say technically this one is the best of the three, but I still have to go with four's murder mystery story as my favorite of the series. This one though was great and worth checking out!
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad Match (2017)
Only in a movie would a dating app be super effective for a guy
21 May 2018
I saw this film on Netflix one night and it passed the time and had some interesting moments, but it was a bit predictable and just was too unbelievable in some areas to be a good film. It also looks very cheap in its production values, at times not feeling like a movie at all, but almost like a home movie. Of course, a lot of movies that get made that don't get the theatrical treatment look this way because they do not have a budget. I am sure the makers of this film thought they had a clever script and a cool twist, but neither really is the case. Still, I give them credit for their effort.

The story has this loser guy who plays video games, works his job and hooks up with girls using a dating app. Very attractive girls that he has no trouble picking up and hooking up with. Well, he swipes on a girl named Riley and soon learns that some girls want more than a one night stand. After thinking he has gotten her out of his life, his life begins to fall apart!

The movie is an unrealistic view of dating apps from the male perspective as guys do not have the success this guy does if they look like him. Men always outnumber the women by 10 to 1 minimum on this sites, so even with the guy's strategy of swiping right on all women, I still find it highly unlikely he'd be able to pick up a girl with the frequency this film was showing him have in this movie. Also, they telegraph what is going to happen at the end a bit too much in this one, suffice to say, pick up the phone when your lawyer calls and do what he says.

So, not a horrible movie by any stretch of the imagination, just needed more to it. The ending needed to be hidden a bit better, as it is most people who view it are going to figure it out. The ending scenes with the dude and Riley are pretty interesting and it has its moments where it shines, but come on, no guy would ever have this kind of success on a dating site. The film would have been more realistic if it had a female in the lead and she had a stalker come after her.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Italian shark film that took a big bite of the Jaws movie
21 May 2018
When there was a successful film here in the states during the 70's and 80's it was not uncommon for the Italian film industry and other European countries to try and emulate the success of said film by making one very similar to the successful American film. George Romero's Dawn of the Dead would spawn several zombie films, Alien would also have imitators as did Mad Max (though that one was not even American). Then there were several shark films that tried to emulate Jaws to a degree; however, none would be as flagrant a rip off as this film that was titled The Great White when it was initially released in American theaters and subsequently yanked when Speliberg's company threatened a lawsuit. Yes, it was that close to being Jaws that they successfully got this one pulled.

The story, a shark begins to terrorize a small community on the coast where the mayor wants this stupid race to occur no matter the risks! Sounds familiar doesn't it? But wait, there's more! We even have a grizzled old fisherman who wants to hunt the shark and a marine biologist type who is also hoping to stop the super shark! Granted, there are a few differences as it does have a nifty ending on a makeshift raft formed by a pier pulled out to sea by shark...oh, wait, that was in Jaws too, just not at the end.

I saw this film in the theater as I was a kid who loved sharks. I also saw the original Jaws at the theater, though I have no memory of seeing it in the theater as it literally came out my birth year so I may have been two at the oldest (movies played differently back then, they didn't just play a few weeks then get pulled). I also saw Jaws 3D, which was cheesy and lame, but better than this one. There are a couple of cool shark attacks in this one and the shark looked okay in a few scenes, but it most of the time they used stock footage or it looked like it belonged in a ride or something they way it popped up. The film also adds this cowboy type character near the end with a gun and this really goes nowhere.

So, the film is a bit entertaining, but not in a good way. There were parts in this that had me laughing because it was so incredibly goofy, such as the shark using rocks to block the guys trying to kill it in a cave and the scene where these people are acting like a windsurfing race was incredibly exciting when it clearly was not. Not sure it was really worth the effort of actually threatening it with a lawsuit to keep it out of theaters, I doubt it would have detracted from Jaws which is still the best shark movie ever made.
Rampage (2018)
Entertaining, but at times felt cheap
21 May 2018
I went to this movie with my fiance because it was her turn to pick the movie and she actually narrowed it down to this or some Tyler Perry movie about a woman getting revenge or something. Suffice to say, I talked her into seeing this one so while it was not a super fantastic film, it was surely more entertaining to me than that other film would have been. This one had some very good moments and the monsters running amok at the end of the film was really good, that being said, there were also times when I just got a cheap vibe from the movie and considering the budget of 120 million, I should not have had one. Still, it was a fun movie for the most part and nothing to be taken to seriously and nothing that is going to be looked back on as a classic. Just a popcorn flick that one enjoys while it lasts but does not leave much of a lasting impact.

The story starts out in a spaceship in space where an experiment with a rat has gone out of control. A woman tries to escape the ship with the formula that cause the rat to gain size and go out of control, but her escape pod explodes; however, the the formula survives reentry and vials of the stuff go to various places across the US. One crashes in a swamp, the other in the woods and the final in a zoo. The zoo has like an ape refuge run by Dwayne Johnson's character Davis who doesn't care for people and is good friends with a white ape within named George. Soon George begins to grow at an alarming rate and getting more aggressive. A wolf also becomes infected and begins to go crazy. The corporation responsible which is run by a brother/sister tandem tries to cover up evidence of their wrong doing by setting off a beacon that will make the animals more aggressive in the hopes that George who is captured and on a plane will down said plane because it carries a former employee who has dirt on them. This beacon also draws the crazed beasts to the heart of Chicago where the rampage shall take place and another behemoth appears in the form of a giant alligator!

The movie is based on a video game of the same name; however, that being said it differs from said game a bit. In the game you picked between three different monsters and then destroyed buildings all across the country. It is fun at first, but gets quite monotonous after a while. The backstory is where the movie differs the most as the monsters in the game were humans that got turned into beasts, while this one just has animals mutating. The parts of the film that seem off, like they belong in a SyFy channel made movie are the brother and sister villains of the piece. They are both so generic and horrible actors that they do not seem like they belong in the film at all.

So the film was entertaining, but so far my least favorite film I have seen at the theater in 2018. Of course, had I seen that Tyler Perry movie my fiance was talking about seeing I am sure it would be a more solid number one least favorite film. As it is, if this is the worst I see all year, then it is going to be a very good year because this one was enjoyable. Just needed a bit more to buffer it and better villains. The film though does deliver one heck of a rampage at the end!
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Babadook (2014)
A horror film that needs way more explanation
11 April 2018
I had heard various people talk about this film and what I usually heard was that people really enjoyed it or really hated it. I fall in the middle as I thought this horror film had an interesting premise and it had me hooked wondering where the heck it was going with the bizarre plot; however, it ended up having a rather bizarre, in a bad way, ending. I have mentioned this in several other reviews that I have written about horror films that I have seen, and that is so many have something very promising as far as plot and atmosphere only to fail to fully deliver on said premise. Usually it is a twist or something that ends up messing with the ending or in this case the fact the ending made absolutely no sense!

The story has a mother who lost her husband when they were trying to get to the hospital so that she could give birth to her child. The child is a young boy when the film starts and just about the most horrid acting child one could imagine. The mother is being completely overwhelmed by everything around her as the boy constantly lashes out at things and he gets taken out of school and she is trying to work too. She is sleep deprived and just really looks like she needs a vacation. One night, the boy wants her to read a book called, The Babadook. She reads the book and the boy becomes terrified that this thing is real. Soon strange things begin to happen making the woman question her sanity, but she soon learns that the Babadook may be real!

The story was interesting, but the ending was just so strange. I was expecting mother or son to end up being the Babadook, but turns out the thing was real. Only, that makes no sense as you expect some backstory on the thing if it is real. Why did it choose the mother and son? What sort of creature was it? Why was the mom feeding it worms at the end? Seriously, that ending made no sense, I usually like it when there is a supernatural force, but in this one, I almost think it would have been better had the son ended up being the thing as he was portrayed to be quite the monster throughout the movie!

So, the film had some interesting elements, but it did not fully deliver. A lot of wasted potential as there is just not enough explanation going on within. I had thought from what everyone was saying that the Babadook did not even make an appearance in this thing, but it was real and you had glimpses, but you never get to see its true form which is mentioned in the book to be truly terrifying, which is what led me to believe the son would turn out to be it as what would be more terrifying for a mother, but to learn her son is a monster. That would have been a much better end to this one. As it is, it is a horror film with a great build up, but disappointing payoff.
Before I Wake (2016)
Interesting premise and very promising start, just did not finish
11 April 2018
I saw this film on Netflix mainly because it was recommended by a friend at work. It was interesting and hardly a waste of time, but like so many horror movies throughout history, it had something, but it did not fully deliver. It amazes me how often this happens, perhaps it is easy to come up with a creepy concept, but it is just hard to find a satisfactory way to finish said horror film. This one starts out very well, has some good creepy stuff going on, but kind of ends in a very dissatisfying manner that it made me enjoy the film less than I should have. One thing that surprised the heck out of me is when I came to this page to review the film, Thomas Jane was the dad. I do not know how the heck I did not recognize him when I was watching it!

The story has a couple who have recently lost a child about to become foster parents to a troubled, but super polite young boy. This young boy seems to want to avoid sleep at all costs as he chugs sugary drinks and takes those pills that keep you awake. The mother tries to get him to sleep, but when the boy does strange things seem to happen around the house. Seems, butterflies appear and it is not long before the parents realize that the boy's dreams manifest themselves in the real world. The mother tries to take advantage of this gift to see her deceased son, but the father is opposed to using the boy this way. However, soon, both parents find out that not only do the boy's dreams manifest themselves, but so do his nightmares!

The cast is pretty good and the film is rather well done. It has a similar premise to another film, "The Disappointment Room" in that both films feature a couple who have recently lost a child, though this one is far superior to that one. The ending is disappointing though, as it tries to be kind of happy, but it leaves so many things unanswered. Thankfully, though, the film has pretty good pacing and enough things good about it that the ending doesn't totally detract from the rest of the film.

So the film had its moments, it just could have done a bit more to finish things out. The premise needed to be explored more fully than it was instead of leaving us wandering what the heck happened to certain people. The film features some good creepy scenes and has a rather unsettling creature within. Was not a bad film by any stretch, but not very good either. That is like a lot of horror films, they have a good story going for them and things such as an ending that fails to deliver end up making it less memorable and good than it should have been.
Black Panther (2018)
Another Marvel hit
8 April 2018
I did not think I would enjoy this film as much as I did from the trailers I saw of the film, but it ended up surprising me. This movie gives us more insight into the world of the hero, the Black Panther, first introduced into the Marvel movie universe in the third Captain America movie. The film is rather lengthy as we traverse a lot of ground in this one as the film features two villains. While the film is good, it also really does nothing to lead up to the Infinity War film coming up later this month. Then again, very few Marvel films have really done much lead in to it other than the first Guardians of the Galaxy film and the introduction of a few infinity stones here and there. Mainly, in films like this, the only we get is an introduction to a new Marvel character on the big screen.

The story has the Black Panther taking on the role of king in his country after a ceremony where he can be challenged by others in his country of Wakanda. His first course of action is to take on a man who has been smuggling vibranium and selling it to the rest of the world. Vibranium is the strongest metal in the world! Well, it is in the Marvel cinematic universe, but it is actually admantium in the comics. Vibranium is a metal in the comics that is unstable and has to be interwoven in other metals to be effective, otherwise it is just a dangerous and highly volatile liquid metal that can cause great amounts of damage if left unchecked. When combined with admantium it then becomes nearly indestructible as this is what the Cap's shield is actually made of, not just vibranium. Um, kind of went on a nerd rant there. Well, they track this villain to a place in Asia, but soon another villain appears, calling himself, Killmonger. He is also of Wakadian descent and soon makes a bid for the throne himself. Soon a power struggle takes a place with the winner being head of the country with the largest vibranium deposits in the world!

I liked the character of the Black Panther and I enjoyed seeing inside his world which is very ritualistic and at the same time futuristic! There was more humor in the film than I was expected and I thought the Black Panther's sister was so cute and funny. The villains were both good in this one too, as we had one that had a super weapon within his hand and Killmonger seemed such a unstable villain as he looks so reserved and then goes insane at times.

The film was better than I was expecting as the trailers did not do the film justice. The film had very good action and some nice humor to fill in the spots between the action. I enjoyed the scenery in this one and the look into the fictional country of Wakanda. If another Black Panther film comes out, I look forward to seeing it as well.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Ritual (I) (2017)
Interesting horror film, but does have a few flaws
8 April 2018
I caught this film on Netflix as it may have been a Netflix original. I had heard others talking about it so me and my fiance decided to watch it. What we saw kept me and her on our toes; however, there were a couple of flaws that stopped this one from being really good and turned it into just a pretty good horror film. The atmosphere is great in this one so that is not one of them. I also enjoyed the setting. No, the main flaw I had with it was near to the end as it kind of took away from some of the film and it made little to no sense in other areas. Still, there was some great build up at the beginning of the film and it had me wondering what was going on, at the end though there was just some things that made me wonder what the heck the deal was.

The story has a group of friends wanting to take a trip and they think they have it decided when two liquor store where one of the friends is killed in a robbery. Flash a few months later and the remaining friends do the trip they were planning on doing as a tribute to their departed friend. Well, things are going well, that is, until one of them suffers a sprain. Instead of keeping to the path, or sending one of the three remaining who are healthy for help, they decide to do the most horror thing you can do, cut through the woods because it would cut the distance in half. Makes sense, cause woods are so easy to maneuver and staying on the path would be too hard for the friend with the sprain to traverse, better to take him through woods that have sticks, holes and all manner of things to trip on. Well, they enter the woods and soon it is becoming dark, meaning the whole shortcut is already not all that short of a cut. In the house they find a strange room and they also have bad dreams and it isn't too long after that, that something seems to begin stalking the men. They begin to know they are being stalked and soon they must try to get out of the woods and to safety before all of them get picked off!

One of the main flaws I found with the story is the whole introduction of the village as there just was not enough time spent to really develop this portion of the story and it just seemed to take away from the rest of the film. I thought the film kind of went downhill during this portion, though it was still alright. I am still also not sure what the point of the one room that was set on fire was as it had like weird straw people that never were really explained.

So, the film did have a great build up, develop and explain a few more things at the end and it would have been a better film in my book. The acting in it is pretty good and I liked the setting in the woods and the abandoned cabin they ran across as these places really created a nice creepy atmosphere. The creature itself was very strange looking and different. So better than a lot of films that have made it to the big screen, but it is another horror film that could have been much better with just a bit more work.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slender: The Arrival (2013 Video Game)
Considering the price, good game
10 February 2018
I got this game for 1.99 on the Playstation Network store. If I had payed more, I may be a bit more critical of it, but for the price it was an enjoyable game. Basically, it is a longer version of the Slenderman game that features you walking through the woods and collecting pages. Here, there is only one level where you do that as there are multiple stages to it. Some of the levels actually are different too, as the second stage where I was collecting the pages changed. The game makes your pulse race as you try to evade the increasingly difficult to avoid Slenderman, and there are a couple of other threats added to this one as well.

The story has you as a childhood friend of a woman named Kate. You search her house trying to locate your friend finding increasingly more disturbing clues as you progress. Soon, you are being stalked by a strange person who is tall and slender. Soon the main character finds herself outside a mine where more clues await her and she finds tapes all leading to a very evil presence.

The game play is pretty good as you must traverse each level in the search for your missing friend. The only thing you have is a flashlight and a strange determination to find your childhood friend. Seriously, I don't think I would try so hard to locate someone. It is first person so most of the time you are walking and running with no real way to defend yourself except in the mines where your flashlight can blind one of your foes for like two seconds.

So a pretty good game, though short was cheap so I am not going to hold it against it. The ending was a bit disappointing as I did not know what was going on and then Slenderman did not even appear during the finale. He may on harder difficulty as there is said to be a couple of extra shots if you play on a greater difficulty. I did easy cause the thing was hard enough on it! Pretty fun and solid game and well worth the 1.99 I paid for it.
American Pie (1999)
This is considered funny, why exactly?
10 February 2018
I never watched this film back in the day, I never found the trailers all that funny for it. My fiance told me how funny it was so she pulled it up on Netflix and we began watching it. It had an opening that was sort of amusing, a disgusting scene involving a beer, a completely retarded scene involving a pie and a bunch of losers trying to lose their virginity. Wow, what a concept! Like there has never been a film like that in the 80's or several of them! Suffice to say, by the end, I haven't laughed much at all and my fiance was baffled as to why she found it funny back in the day.

The story, why four guys want to lose their virginity. One of them is a jock who tries to lose it with a college chick, but she doesn't go for it. One has a hot girlfriend who gives him oral and not understanding why he really cares and two are just losers. We get to watch them try different techniques to get girls like joining a jazz choir or having a girl come to your house, but you'd rather send a crappy feed to your friends than try to take advantage of the situation. Seriously, this crap makes that Tom Cruise flick "Losing It" seem really great by comparison.

So there isn't much in this film I found funny. The whole pie scene which is kind of this films big laugh scene is completely moronic. Why the hell would someone do what the character did to that pie!?! Like his family isn't going to notice it gone? The beer scene was just gross as all get out and not funny and none of the characters are likable. They are like Friday the 13th victims to me, hence, I would be rooting for Jason to kill them horribly!

So this film was a huge success and made lots of money back in the day. I do not understand why, other than people have very differing taste as to what is funny than I have. The actors in this film all were retched human beings and Eugene Levy as the father was moronic and I usually like Eugene Levy. This would go on to spawn several sequels, but near the end they were pretty much direct to DVD fare as like a lot of comedy franchises it got wore out quick. You can only do so much with the same characters. I missed this film back in the day and I am wishing I had missed it now and never saw it.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The movie was very 'meh'
10 February 2018
I find emojis useful to some extent; however, I tend to type things out. I do use a smiley face from time to time and a few others, but emojis started getting out of hand as people literally think crap is cute thanks to stupid emojis. So guess what, they made a movie out of them! Yes, why not, you have a built in product tie in as there are already emoji pillows and such out there. So Sony, makes another huge mistake to go along with making Ghostbusters again and promoting it by attacking its audience, by screwing up Spider-man twice by making two sets of films with no proper endings to either (thankfully, they finally let Marvel help) by making an emoji movie and they make it as bad as one would think a film about pointless symbols can be! Seriously, the story is horrid.

The story has emojis living within our phones and they live in an emoji town. They go to their job which is a box where they get scanned and then appear on the phone. What? That is the most absurd crap ever. Why not just emojis living in a city do their thing, why make them be in a phone because we already no they are just data and not creatures living in our phone. Well, one emoji, the 'meh' emoji cannot do 'meh', he can apparently do everything which gets him in trouble with smiley face and soon he is being hunted because the kid whose phone they are on is going to delete his phone. So 'meh' must try to become 'meh' with the help of high five and a hacker. And the studio put money behind this.

There are a couple of funny parts to this one, but seriously, it just is not a good film. Studios these days pass by good stories every day for something like this and who can blame them? People pass up films unless it is tied to something these days or a sequel. Seriously, they are making Star Wars films every year now and people get excited to see them. Why not make a film about something that can easily be turned into a toy? Thankfully, this film was not a huge super success, still wondering how the hell this cost 50 million to make. Unfortunately, it did make the studio a profit so I can see a direct to DVD or Netflix sequel coming out. I am sure if there is one it will be even more 'meh'.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The title of the film says it all
10 February 2018
When naming your film I would not use and adjective like poor, bad or say disappointment because unless it is really good can come back to bite you. This film uses Disappointments Room and it was very disappointing. I thought it may be interesting, but boy I was completely wrong. Just very poor pacing and editing in this thing. There were times multiple things were happening and I had no idea what was going on. The father was making dinner with two guests while the wife was looking at the hired hand doing something and then this and that happened and I was wondering what the point of this and that was. It was an okay concept and could have worked, but the execution could not have been any more horrid, who the heck do they have writing the scripts to these things? I will say that the film at least looked good and though it was not by a major studio the film at least looked like it was a big Hollywood studio film.

The story has an architect and her husband and son moving into a house that is in pretty rough shape. A very big house, because everyone in real life finds the most broken down looking house they can to move into even though banks kind of frown upon that as do inspectors. Well, the architect has something on her mind as something very predictable has occurred and now strange things are happening in her new house and she soon discovers a strange room not in the blueprints and immediately finds a key and gets told what it is with almost no build up. Soon she is visited by a handyman who seems to serve absolutely no purpose in the film and thankfully the film is over really quickly.

The film just has so many problems. The story is atrocious, how do you make a movie about a room and then make the discovery and getting into the room so anticlimactic? I was expecting the film to progress to an ending that had the main character finally getting into the room to discover a horror like no other. Another problem is the annoying son and father and the pointless handyman that kept flirting and in the end served no purpose. Neither did the one old lady at the library, there is literally a junction where she is looking at old clippings about ghost killing people and then trying to call the architect, but then poof, she is gone too.

This film is a horror film that features ghosts, a haunted house and no payoff. The movie kind of just ends, though they do the obligatory look back and see the ghost standing at the window scene. I can see why this film bombed which is truly pathetic considering it only cost 15 million to make! The actors range from disinterested (Kate) to completely overacting and annoying (everyone else, especially that father). There are a couple of jump scares and a couple of nice gore shots, but overall, this film is a big disappointment.