Reviews

A fun, high energy surprise
13 June 2019
I caught a screening of this movie at the Annecy Film Festival. I was expecting something like the Lego movie with rapid fire pop culture references and a throw anything at the wall attitude.

But this movie was way different than those Lego movies. It's a cute story about a brother and sister that are sent to a Playmobil world. The sister is a regular person, but the little brother gets to be a big, tough guy viking.

This movie was really cute. And all the songs were great. Don't go in thinking it's going to be like Lego. It's definitely got a different feeling throughout. Kids will love it and parents won't be bored when watching it with them.
17 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really cute, really fun
12 June 2019
I was able to see this at the Annecy Festival in France. I went in expecting that it would try to be the Lego Movie with it's meta-humor and rapid fire pop culture references, but it wasn't. This movie was completely different than Lego. The only thing they share in common is that they're both based on toys.

"Playmobil" is a story about a brother and sister who get sent into another dimension, one that looks just like the Playmobil toys the little brother plays with.

The movie is funny, it's cute, it's got tons of great songs. Definitely a movie for the family to enjoy!
23 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.