Reviews

Keeping Mum (2005)
Really very pleasant to watch
19 May 2006
British movies have a personality of their own and they offer a welcome relief to the very standardised fare offered by Hollywood. This was a very cute movie with a wicked sense of humour. The setting is a fictional village in England that looks like something out of Pat the Postman. Rowan Atkinson is as always very watchable but in this movie he behaves a little less goofy. The movie has some very funny moments and sometimes one's sense of right and wrong is slightly challenged. This does not detract from the movie in any way. Overall you are left with a very pleasant and relaxed state of mind and that is after all what movies are supposed to be all about.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the funniest movies I have seen in a long while
29 April 2006
This movie is one of the best I have seen coming out of India. It has a very complex plot that is very well put together. The acting is top notch. The movie is also one of the funniest I have seen in a long time. It made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Highly Recommended !!! Someone wrote that it is inspired by another movie. Most movies have been inspired by some other movie or story. The movie is set in a small and very poor village in modern day India and is about a lottery ticket reseller whose customer wins 1 crore rupees. The man dies of happiness but not before he has told his estranged sister and half the village. What follows is a riot of side splittingly funny events as the lottery ticket reseller tries to keep it a secret and in the process make some money.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.