Reviews

liked but because reminded me of my marriage
16 October 2019
My marriage was fraught with obstacles and my wife and I's relationship reminded me so much of what Worf and Dax went through. This was a fun episode showing the complexity of their relationship and Sisko taking charge.
Cold Pursuit (2019)
reminds me of Fargo
6 October 2019
This reminds me of Fargo, but not quite as good. Fargo was irreverent and had enough comic moments that were demented, but genuine. This movie has the same irreverence, some comedy but not the same comedic moments. The comedy in this movie just didn't deliver well enough to put it in the class of Fargo.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
David Letterman was so much better
1 October 2019
Welcome to an hour of bash Trump. Let me get this straight, Hillary says Trump won't give up saying lock her up, while at the same time hillary won't give up saying she hates the electoral college. I like it when there is balance, and this simply wasn't the case. I did love hearing how incompetent she is with a computer considering having an unsecured server with top secret data that was hacked.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All Rise: Long Day's Journey into ICE (2019)
Season 1, Episode 2
Addresses a current hot topic, and better than most shows
1 October 2019
With the title I wasn't sure I cared to watch the show if it was going to just become a political show. It presented the topic better than most. It didn't seem preachy, presented the topic, and made people think. I have to say that the issue is tough, and there needs to be compassion and Congress needs to fix this issue and stop passing it around to be a political widget.
3 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Prodigal Son (2019– )
Bit of a retread, but still good
1 October 2019
This is a retread of several other series, but none the less, it's actually quite good. It has a good dose of comedy mixed in with some really gruesome stuff. It's a bit hard for me to watch as some of the crime scenes are intense, but largely that's where the comedy pops up and eases the tension. It also has some recognizable actors mixed with some fresh new faces. Worth your time.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
20/20: Siegfried & Roy: Behind the Magic (2019)
Season 43, Episode 1
Extremely interesting
28 September 2019
Few that lived during the 1990s wouldn't know who Siegfried & Roy are and the 2003 incident. The interviewer was very good, and asked hard questions while being compassionate and respectful. To hear details regarding what happened in 2003 that I had never heard before was very interesting. It'd be very interesting if the casino would ever release the video though if you listen carefully to Steve Wynn's interview I think one will believe that it may have been more of the fault of Roy than understandably Roy will say. One thing it did convince me is that had the tiger intended to harm Roy, he'd be dead. As to why the tiger acted as it did is something that we'll probably never know, but I do believe the tiger was thinking it was helping Roy. I say that in part from having a large breed dog that did something similar. Animals that love you and that you love, will do most anything including giving their life for you - there are stories out there that show that. I'm guessing this was a show to give some publicity to the movie S&R are making about their lives, as there's nothing special about the story or its timing otherwise. That's fine, as it is an extremely interesting story going back all the way to Roy's first tiger he brought with him and Siegfried's reaction. I never had the opportunity to see their show, and for that I'm very disappointed. With lawsuits at every hat drop, there simply will never be another show like theirs ever. Lastly, it is very obvious, at least with the camera on and I have no reason to doubt with the camera off, that Siegfried loves his fans. Much less was shown of Roy in public, which is sad, as I'm confident he too would be as his "brother" is.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Don Harron Show (1983–1985)
saw one interview and this guy is horrible
25 September 2019
I know why I never heard of this guy until seeing an interview of a particular actor on youtube. He is so obtuse, asks questions that were already answered, and simply is horrible. Unfortunately it was an actor that passed too young, and I wish that it was a better interview.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved all the jokes about Mandy
25 September 2019
Having gone to a university where marine biology was a major, I loved all the jokes about Mandy and Leonard.

Was an entertaining episode with all the inter-personal stories. Listening to Leonard go on and one about why he may have problems with Penny is funny.
Voyagers! (1982–1983)
Surprisingly accurate for its time
25 September 2019
If you look at most series that are based on any science or history, there are all kinds of errors in goofs. If you review this series, you will find very few errors, and this was at a time prior to the internet. Perhaps they took it to heart to go to the library as was spoken over the credits.

The series wasn't bad. It was predictable, but then again is was a historical series so that's kinda of to be expected. The storylines were interesting, the acting was very good, there were lots of actors that are seen across the years of tv.

One has to wonder if it had lasted longer if Jon-Erik Hexum might have lived.
Cover Up (1984–1985)
Wraps a sad story
21 September 2019
Was this a great piece of filmography-no, but was it entertaining-yes. Most reviews comment on the fate of Jon-Erik Hexum, and it's natural since he died on the set. The shame is if he had the training of his character, he would have known better. The great thing is his mother allowing his organs donation.

As for the show, it was a typical 70-80s shown. Beautiful women, great snipets of songs, action, story, and Hexum. Although he had limited experience, he was really a good actor and had a charisma that would have made him a great star. It would have been interesting had he lived whether the show would have gone beyond season 1 unlike Voyagers! which it too was an entertaining show much like Quantum Leap or the Time Tunnel, so it's being ended was rather unfair.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dancing with the Stars: 2019 Season Premiere (I) (2019)
Season 28, Episode 1
Nice start
20 September 2019
This was a nice start to the new season. It was interesting to learn that they get 3 weeks to learn before the start, which for all they do is amazing. I predict that Lamar will be the first to go or Sean. The height difference of over a foot between Lamar and his partner I think dooms hims which is unfortunate as athletes typically do well. Sean's outfit though may send him out. Right now, Sailor, James Van Der Beek, or Ray Lewis are my prediction to be the winner. Of the 3, I'd lean towards Sailor right now.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Terror: Taizo (2019)
Season 2, Episode 6
I'm done with season 2
17 September 2019
I've not been impressed with season 2 at all, and this episode finally put the nail in the coffin. More than half of the episode was in Japanese. I don't like when this is done on any series, so it's not something specific to this show. But even though I use closed captions, I use them in conjunction with hearing the best I can. But when more than half of the show requires reading the text, then I might as well just read a book.

I am thoroughly disappointed as I had high hopes for the show, but they have only disappointed me.
7 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Naked and Afraid XL: Belly of the Beast (2019)
Season 5, Episode 4
can't they all just get along
15 September 2019
I know when under pressure people see things in a distorted view, but Charlie, Jeff, and Laura all have a distorted view. Charlie is working hard but not recognizing others effort. As for Jeff and Laura, they should be put on an island all by themselves. If they wanted a 60 day challenge, then let them be by themselves. Survival is a team effort and Jeff and Laura are missing it. If something happens to one of them, is the other going to continue by themselves or are they going to want to merge into the other team? Short sighted.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a great movie, but worth watching
15 September 2019
After reading the reviews I decided it'd be worth at least starting the movie. As it went on I can see why reviews are as they are. It's not a great work of art, but it's got plenty of moments and the acting is good. I'm not even sure what sub-genre to try and place it. It has elements of pulp fiction, deadpool, and probably a dozen more I can't think of. All in all it's worth some entertainment.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Since no one else has reviewed
14 September 2019
I enjoyed the show, but not as much as if it included more behind the scenes clips. It was mostly clips from shows which we've seen. Seeing clips of how they filmed it, the audience, and the like would have been far more enjoyable.

The credits are wrong here on imdb though as to who is actually in the show.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Suits: Prisoner's Dilemma (2019)
Season 9, Episode 8
after last week's dud this delivered
12 September 2019
This was an excellent ep to lead up to the finale. Unlike last week's ep that tried to develop characters for a series that is ending, this one became really powerful. Bringing back some powerful storylines and truly delivered a great story.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bull (2016– )
Went really downhill
11 September 2019
There were a few good ep's but all in all the acting just isn't what I think it should be. It seems like Weatherly flounders a lot and tries really hard to make things cute when they shouldn't be. Unfortunately there aren't enough support actors to carry the extra weight. Also Steven Spielberg won't be part of season 4 which I think just spells doom. It's unfortunate because the general plot of the show isn't that bad.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
America's Got Talent: Semifinals 2 (2019)
Season 14, Episode 20
First, I admire all the performers, but
11 September 2019
I have zero talent, and almost without exception I am impressed with the talent that people have. That does not mean that everyone with talent would I pay to see. I judge the talent and shows based upon who would I pay to watch.

With that said, this was one of the worst semi-finals although maybe on par with the prior semi. It's disappointing that so many with such talent that the semi-final was so underwhelming. I felt sorry for the dog act. I'm not sure if he was too distracted or what because he has done so much better. The magic act was simply a joke. The comedian was funny, but not overwhelming. As a general rule I don't like singing acts, so in the end it was simply sad to me.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Terror (2018– )
Season 1 good, season 2 Warui
10 September 2019
I was entertained by season 1 and rated it 7-8, but season 2 simply hasn't entertained me. I was looking forward to season 2 in particular with George Takei. The extranormal spirtual nature of season 2 is simply too much for me to handle. It's been awhile since seeing season 1, so maybe it was similar. If it was, then perhaps it flowed better for me. I think season 2 was intended to be maybe something like the walking dead or something similar, but it's not a show that I watch. It's unfortunate because I think the story to be told that underlayed regarding the internment camps is well worth people learning.

So in my opinion, season 1 which is based on a factual story with blanks having to be filled in, while season 2 is just about evil spirits that doesn't deliver.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Convoy (1978)
remember this when i was a kid - a classis
5 September 2019
I remember watching this when I was a kid and really enjoying it. Lots of action, good social message, and Ali MacGraw looked great. Ernest Borgnine delivers a great performance. Kris K also was fantastic as the Duck.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Suits: Scenic Route (2019)
Season 9, Episode 7
with only 4 left, this stunk
5 September 2019
This was a horrible episode. I get the feeling that they tried to have Louis carry the ep and he did to a small degree, but this just didn't have the Suits zing. I think it was because of the back story on Sam. With only 3 ep's left, developing her character shouldn't be a priority.
15 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
America's Got Talent: Semifinals 1 (2019)
Season 14, Episode 18
For first time liked the kid acts, at least some
4 September 2019
For the first time ever, I think that some of the kid acts were the best of the night. Normally I am very anti-child act, but I was very pleased tonite.

Acts I think should go thru: Tyler Butler-Figueroa(very talented), Benicio Bryant(did really well), Ndlovu Youth Choir (thought they did well and sound really great)

Acts that I want to go on, but not sure: Messoudi Brothers (not sure they'll make it despite being the only act of their type tonite. Knowing the strength it takes to do what they do, they deserve to go thru and they will need to step it up), Kodi Lee (did very well)

Acts I think are done: Eric Chien (just did not wow), Greg Morton (there's just something about his delivery that I don't like even though he is very good), Jackie Fabulous (she has done well before, but just didn't seem to make it for me tonite), Ashley Burns (just didn't make it-the song was too much for her), Light Balance Kids (I'm tired of these type of acts until one comes up with something outstanding), Robert Finley (to me, his worst performance to date).
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Benson: Let's Play Doctor (1984)
Season 5, Episode 22
One of the best
3 September 2019
I like all of Benson's episodes, but this is one of the better ones with Danny Thomas who is a treasure. Thomas is simply lovable and truly funny. The other character's too deliver as they always do.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shark Week: The Lost Cage (2017)
Season Unknown, Episode Unknown
not very good for shark week
2 September 2019
I love shark week. Who doesn't if they fear death by being eaten by a shark. For some reason this particular outing for shark week was a complete dud for me. The idea was good, but I believe it was the execution that failed. Considering that every year shark week puts out about 20 new shows there will be some that just don't deliver.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ashamed I couldn't walk out (watched at home)
30 August 2019
I 100% believe many people walked out, and just surprised that it doesn't happen more often. I can see why the concept was thought to be good because there are several other films that are similar that have done well. If one goes in to watch this not knowing it's a STUPID comedy, then one will be very upset. Once you can accept that it's an attempt at a Pink Panther like film that misses, then one can at least not vomit.