Reviews

Veronica Clare (1991– )
A show that had promise .....
27 April 2008
........for these three reasons:

(a) A Veronica-Lake lead character with a heart. (b) Cases were solved without violence or machine guns. (c) And ..... she owned a jazz club. Game-set-and-match.

The early episodes were uneven, I'll admit that. And one commentary elsewhere - that much of the detective work was done by secondary-role men - had some validity, yet if the show had caught on, few would have noticed. All-in-all, no flaws that could not have been fixed along the way. Indeed, the show would have changed organically, anyhow.

Lifetime heavily promoted this show for a very short time; seems strange that they cut the umbilical cord after so short a time. Sure wish that one of the major networks had picked up this ball and ran with it.

Well, we can hope that this will be released someday, can't we?
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Closet (2001)
One of the funniest films I've seen in quite some time....
18 January 2002
....first, it's not often that I can see a film starring....an accounting department (merci!). In addition, with the subject of gays and a condom factory - it would be easy for the humor to sink into the toilet. But it never does - it is adult, but tasteful. And it does say something about the human condition, about how we treat each other. Gerard Depardieu's transformation from an Archie Bunker-like character is....well, worth the price of admission.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.