Reviews

Rushed ending
28 August 2019
Good, fast paced series, that takes you through a few twists and turns. Episode 8 was a disappointment.

Pros: fast paced, good-looking young couple, characters you can root for, bad guys who are cops.

Koro staying one step ahead of Gorostiza, the crooked cop.

some black humorous parts--like when Almudena tossed her late husband's ashes in the toilet.

Cons: Unless there is a season 2, sleazeballs like Gaizka win, and our innocent young couple go to prison for years? That's not the 'Hollywood' ending I wanted to see.

how were the deaths/disappearance of Omar, Adila, Edurne, and Koro going to be explained by these rogue cops?

Gaizka able to get to Gorostiza's number 2, in the nick of time, to kill Gorostiza. Too rushed.

Can directors STOP with characters wanting to get this over with, but then, take their time shooting the intended victims (squaring of shoulders, positioning, etc.)---so the victim can get away due to something else happening?
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Point Blank (2019)
Should've listened to my gut..
28 July 2019
..and avoided this one. Take away the annoying comedy parts (for instance, the Big D character and his gang) and the 80s music and this could have been a solid thriller. As it is, the movie couldn't decide whether it wanted be somber and serious or a comedy/thriller 'buddy' movie.
Alien Warfare (2019)
I went into it expecting nothing...
15 April 2019
And it delivered nothing. No acting, SFX, or good dialogue. So, I can't complain. It's the perfect movie for background noise while you do a hundred other things at the same time. Guaranteed, you won't miss anything. 1/10
Antihuman (2017)
21:48 Mark
24 March 2019
That's when I bailed on this piece of junk that was horrendous. The sound was HORRIBLE. The whispering in the tent was like torture that went on and on ad nauseum-incidentally, that's when I had to finally toss in the towel.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I don't have a clue what this was about
31 October 2018
I had it on while doing stuff on my computer and probably only glanced at it 3-5 times while it was on. Never caught my full attention or made me get off the computer. Absolutely dreadful and somewhat found footage type of movie, glad I didn't pay for this dreck.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Reprisal (I) (2018)
Thank goodness I didn't follow these IMDB reviews..
3 September 2018
I almost passed it up because of the terrible reviews and current 4.4 score. Took a chance anyway and was not disappointed. Typical action flick, nothing that will blow you out of your seat but good for 1 1/2 hours of relaxation. Just what I expected out of a Frank Grillo movie and also the projects that Wills has been in lately. Johnathon S. did a great job as the bad guy, although I would have like a little more back story on the character. 6/10
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is why I wait on the cable release for 99% of movies...
3 July 2007
No. Not even the video on demand. I mean the HBO release. It's time for McClane to retire. Let's see, DC was not DC even though parts of it was supposed to be taking place in DC. Where did this toll tunnel come from? There ain't one in DC. The hackers plot line has become well worn-out.

Please Hollywood, no more 'tech' movies for awhile. I'm tired of seeing people bang out complex algorithms and programs in the blink of an eye. Heck it even looked liked Bruce Willis was sleeping by the end of this clunker.

I have no problems with suspending disbelief but right after the dreadful DC scenes showed up, they lost me.
6 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It was hard to suspend disbelief...
9 October 2005
Every one else has gone into the plot and plot holes. My only problem with the movie was the female heroine being thrown and tossed around by a Predator without any injury. This was absolutely incredible! Not a broken bone or chipped elbow after being thrown 10 feet across a room to land against a wall. I'm sorry, but this really brought down the movie for me.

Overall, I did like the movie enough to give it a 7 out of 10. Of course, I had low expectations going in. I'm glad that I waited for it to come to cable. Note to Hollywood - Please stop making PG-13 horror/action movies, I'm a grown man and I want to see gore/nudity and lots of action in these types of movies.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Soldier's Girl (2003 TV Movie)
Best dramatic movie I have seen this year!
5 June 2003
This movie touched me so much that I had to go back and research the incident after viewing it. I don't normally choke up during movies (in fact, I never had) but this one got me. A Soldiers Girl informs, enlightens, and entertains. The performers should be walking away with Emmys or People's Choice awards next year. Outstanding! 10/10
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Even though it was free to watch--I still spent time watching it.
5 June 2003
This movie is a complete waste of time. I saw it on Showtime and I feel ripped off for the time spent watching it. As previously mentioned, the plot holes are big enough to drive a Hummer2 through with nooooo problem. *Minor Spoilers************

Insurance - I'm sure the check would not have been cut within a day. Not enough time to save their skins.

Answering machines - plenty of incriminating evidence left on them.

Auto tags - why remove tags after the heist, only to toss them off to side of the street rather than in the water. Then Tim Curry keeps the screws! What the hell was that about?

No one thought that MAYBE the Forrest Whitaker character was crying wolf just so that he would not have to pay them?

Stupid and dumb movie! I can't believe it has a 6.0 rating. I give it a 3/10 -- and that's probably too generous.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superb entertainment for the entire family!
18 November 2002
I haven't seen the first one, but since we have the DVD at home, I know that now I'll take a look. Special effects were fantastic and the Chamber of Secrets moves along at a good pace. Dobby, the servant, is a very humorous character. It is a little long at three hours-but overall, one of the best movies I've seen this year. 9/10
Stupid and Boring!
19 June 2002
How could this movie rate a 5.8 on imdb??? This movie, without a doubt, is the most stupidest movie I have ever seen in my life!!! The plot was stupid, the suspense was virtually nonexistent, and I didn't care for any of the characters. The chest in the attic made no sense whatsoever. The only thing that made any sense was seeing "Faith" take off her clothes. The camera shots were annoying and confusing--the director simply attempted to cover up the shortcomings of this stupid movie by flashing and re-flashing scenes to give the movie a "edge". Blockbuster should have a "free" movie rental section for stupid @ss movies like this! 0/10 stars. Unfortunately, I won't bother to rate this stupid and boring movie because the lowest imdb rating is 1/10 stars and I don't want to contribute ANYTHING to this STUPID and BORING movie.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thank you Farrah Fawcett!
26 April 2002
For your brief nude scene. That was the only thing that was interesting about this dud. I watched it on cable and I feel ripped off! All of the characters should have been swept up at the end and deposited into the Gulf of Mexico. 1/10 stars, only because of Farrah and her gorgeous body.
John Q (2002)
All over the place
19 February 2002
***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** In reviewing some of the other comments about this movie on imdb - I believe that I may watched the wrong version of John Q. This movie was allllllll over the place. Were we supposed to cry, or laugh? By the end of the movie everything was so hunky - dory that *****Spoilers***** ******************************************************************

John Q looked as if he was heading off on a business trip rather than going to jail for a couple of years. After 90 minutes I was checking my watch and wondering how much longer was this thing going to drag out. Why couldn't Dr. Turner just say yes to John Q.'s demand of assisted suicide and then shoot him up with a tranquilizer? How was John Q. able to hear his wife say that a heart had been found while he was off in a room holding a gun to his head? This was a really shallow, overblown movie that could have been filmed for TV. Ironically enough, the actor who played the husband of the pregnant woman who was let go early on, played the role of a father in the same situation(child in need of a transplant) on a episode of ER. In that show, the father actually blew his brains out so that his child could receive his heart--no cop out miracle heart written into the script like in John Q. That episode of ER was much more compelling and heart pulling than this crap. There is no reason at all for running to the theater and seeing this mush. Wait for it to show up on cable.
Snatch (2000)
I HATE BRITISH MOVIES!!!
5 July 2001
But, I loved Snatch! It is a rare exception for me to like British movies. The accents make it hard to understand what the characters are saying and also, I find that British movies tend to be rather boring and tediously short on action. Snatch is fast, frenetic, and funny. The brief camera shots of a high strung and nervous Cousin Avi crossing the Atlantic ocean on the Concorde is just hilarious. Comparisons to Quentin Tarantino movies are unavoidable - then again, who cares? (Oh, I know, some of the supremely jaded movie watchers who critique the movies at imdb). In other words, these people want to see an "epic", each and every time they go to the movies. I could watch movies like this hundreds of times. Some moviegoers actually like all of the plot twists and the large ensemble cast. Unless you are being paid to critique movies, try to relax while watching them, instead of looking for every weak part, or trying to compare this movie with that. Let each movie stand(or fall) on its own merits. Really, what you can pay for drinks, candy, and/or popcorn is where the real critiquing should begin(and end). I took off one point because, as I stated earlier, the dialogue is hard to understand at times. Brad Pitt being the exception, we weren't suppose to understand what the hell he was saying. Good job Guy Ritchie, now I have to check out Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels - not for comparisons, but to hopefully enjoy another movie directed by the same person. 9/10
5 July 2001
Save the Last Dance IS a teenflick, it is cliched in certain areas, and there are elements that remind you of other dance "audition" movies. So what? As one reviewer noted, most everything that can be written has already been done. The kids in this movie are attractive, the music/club scenes are entertaining, the romance IS believeable, and the characters themselves are believeable. Don't approach this movie seriously and you will be rewarded. 9/10 stars.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Traffic (2000)
Overhyped and Overrated
6 June 2001
Don't get me wrong. Traffic is a good movie--but certainly NOT what I expected. It seems to be a tad slow in spots. Also, in the Catherine Zeta-Jones storyline, it was confusing as hell to figure out who all the players were. ie,. the assassination attempt. Benecio Del Toro was as good as anybody else. I didn't see an Oscar worthy performance here. Personally, I felt that his role in "The Way of the Gun" was much better for Oscar consideration. The way that skeletons are easily pulled out the closet by reporters nowadays makes it hard to believe that the drug addicted daughter of the new chief in the "War on Drugs" would not become front page news but, strangely, it never got in the press--unlike the drinking problems that President Bush's daughters seem to be having. A witness under federal protection would not even be exposed to possible assassination the way Mel Ferrer's character was. (Ever heard of secured underground parking under the courthouse--or, tinted out car windows. How about a controlled outdoor parking lot with armed guards and bomb sniffing dogs?). Aside from these quibbles, I thought that Traffic was a good, not great, movie. 7/10
Way Excellent!
5 February 2001
The Way of the Gun was one of the best movies that came out in 2000. Sure, it was a little confusing at points, but overall this was a very engaging and interesting movie. All of the actors were superb -- even Juliette Lewis didn't annoy me, whereas, usually she does. Benecio Del Toro was excellent. I've liked his cool demeanor ever since I first saw him in "The Fan"(as Juan Primo). Good shootouts, facial expressions between Del Toro and Ryan Phillipe that spoke a thousand words, and wonderful plot twists along the way; makes this a movie that is a must see. My only nitpick with the film was casting Ryan Phillipe. I also thought that he seemed out of place as Del Toro's criminal sidekick. This is not to knock the acting that Phillipe performed in the movie--its just that he seemed too young for the part. The film reminded me more of "The Wild Bunch"(excellent!!) - a Peckinpah film, rather than a Quentin Tarantino movie. 10/10
A three-pointer!
13 November 2000
Love and basketball is a damn good movie! I heartily agree with many of the comments that are posted. Didn't know if this movie would be a corny love story or not. It wasn't -- it kinda brought a lump to my jaded moviewatcher throat. Performances by Sanaa Lathan and Omar Epps were fantastic! This is not a "black" movie by no means. Many people can relate to the romance at the heart of Love & Basketball. Lotsa good music from the late 80's will bring back memories for those of us who are old enough to have come of age during this time. 9/10 stars.
Good,long, movie
17 July 2000
The Green Mile is a wonderful film full of great performances and emotions but, I have a couple of quibbles with it.

1. In 1930's America, John Coffey (as a black man) would have been strung from the nearest tree WITHOUT benefit of trial and jury for the heinous crime that he was accused of. (I definitely had to suspend dis-belief concerning this part of the story).

2. As many others have stated the movie is far too long. It could have been shortened to two hours.

3. The movie could have been just as enjoyable without the mouse. I thought that the mouse was a distraction to the main story.

That's all. 7/10
Mercy (2000)
Ellen & Peta= Erotic Thriller
19 June 2000
It's completely refreshing to see a movie live up to its video store movie box cover hype. I hadn't heard of this movie so I didn't know what to expect. Mercy delivers in a big way. This movie about serial killings occurring among a group of S/M lesbians was thoroughly enjoyable and DEFINITELY watchable. The violence, blood, gore, nudity, and sex was served up splendidly. The plot, and the movie moves along at a nice pace. Ellen Barkin is, I think, one the sexiest women in Hollywood. Peta Wilson(from La Femme Nikita television series) is hot! hot! hot! I don't watch her tv series but now I just may start. Easily figuring out who the killer was was the only weakness of the movie for me. Otherwise, if you don't mind watching this type of movie then go and pick it up. You will certainly feel "guilty and pleasured", as one other reviewer put it. 9/10
14 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Exactly what I thought it be -- Boring!
19 June 2000
Okay, I must confess that I am biased against what I perceive to be "chick flicks", the kind of movie that contains a majority female cast that takes us through the Hollywood "ups" and "downs" cliches of their lives. I try to avoid movies like this and "Fried Green Tomatoes", whatever that Diane Keaton/Meg Ryan movie was that came out a few months ago, and the upcoming movie with Calista Flockhart. In other words, the kind of movie that my better half likes. Girl, Interrupted lived entirely up to my expectations. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest it ain't. Introspective girl, tough girl, shy girl, lesbian girl, and molested girl were all represented. The saving grace for me was that it was on videotape, so I wasn't trapped in a movie theater for almost two hours. From the looks of most of the reviews for this movie, I can tell that I am in the minority. I'm wondering if I saw a different version than everybody else. What I halfway watched was no better than a boring tv movie of the week. 2/10
8 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sleepy Hollow (1999)
Van Tassle Van Schmassel, who knows? who cares?
19 June 2000
The plot to Sleepy Hollow was harder to follow than a dark country road but it is one hell of an exciting movie. Personally, I was lost after someone explained the family tree of the town baron. It didn't matter because in the end it was all neatly explained. Outstanding sets, good acting, fast pacing, and plenty of chopped heads make this a very entertaining feast! Johnny Depp was funny and Christopher Walken was horrifying. What more needs to be said? 9/10
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No sailing into the sunset......
12 June 2000
Arlington Rd. is a well made, must see thriller, that when it is over you won't have that feel good sensation that comes at the end of most Hollywood movies. Sure, there are a couple of plot holes, but overall the movie doesn't fall through them. Outstanding performances from Jeff Bridges and Tim Robbins(I must admit that initially it was tough to believe Tim as a bad guy). Hats off to the director/producers/writers for giving us the bitter instead of the usual sweets to chew on at the end of a movie. The people who were most disappointed in Arlington Road seem to enjoy only happy endings. Thank you for not taking the easy road! 8/10
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Galaxy Quest (1999)
Definitely not another kid movie!!
19 May 2000
Galaxy Quest is not just for the kids, it is a very entertaining movie that adults can enjoy too. Thumbs up to the cast, it was a very well done movie. I am not particularly a kid movie watcher--even though I have kids. Sigourney Weaver, as a blond, looks good--the best that I have EVER seen her look in a movie. Tim Allen does his usual work and the special effects(rock monster in particular), were grade A. It wasn't hilarious throughout, but then again I don't think that it was meant to be. A good family movie that EVERYONE can enjoy. 9/10 stars.