Reviews

Better than I thought it would be
9 April 2000
I found this movie rather interesting and thrilling. It shows a different perspective on race relations than the usual movies do. I am sure some would find it kind of pedantic-but that is the point of the movie. You have to learn from your mistakes and one can be redeemed from racist acts. What better reason to be engaged in a movie rather than preached to?
Patch Adams (1998)
Great movie!
23 December 1999
To think that I actually didnt watch this movie right away because I believed the critics! I do not know what frightens some critics about this movie--I do not care that it is supposedly predictable--that isnt what makes this a great movie. What makes this a great movie is the message--which isnt that laughter is the best medicine. Not at all. The message is that just because a person may be different doesnt mean that person cant make a difference in this world. It is a simple message; definitely used before in other movies, yes, but so what! It is brilliantly acted as per usual from Williams who is my personal hero. This movie is a lot better than critics say--go see it or rent it just because critics hate it and see for yourself!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fast paced, thrilling movie
24 October 1999
This was a thriller. It was exciting and kept me on the edge of my seat. At times I was wondering what is the point of this movie but I think I came away realizing that is the point of the movie. There was definitely some disturbing images and it was meant to be to that way. The juxtaposition of the slower paced scenes almost seemed to bog down but it is like the parts of a roller coaster ride where it slows down at times just before the fast and fun times.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
much better than many give credit for
2 October 1999
I happen to think this movie is better than some have said. Not only are the actors spectacular in it but the suspense and the plot have enough going on that I found it a much better movie than even "Seven"-which was a more hyped and less deserving movie.
True Believer (1989)
This is one of the few rare intelligent films of the 80s
30 August 1999
I saw this movie around 1990 and was surprised at how smart this movie was. Few movies from the 80s were so fascinating. James Woods is one of the best actors that came from the 80s. That is why I hate Tom Cruise films from the 80s and usually from the 90s.
7 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A very good film for the genre
7 July 1999
Come on, science fiction has rarely aspired to be Shakespearean. Why anyone would expect it to be anything but what it is - a fantasy meant to be eye candy and a great family film is utterly looking for something that one shouldn't. Look for great filmmaking in An Ideal Husband NOT in science fiction special effects films. Get over it! Otherwise I agree that it is a good film and one shouldn't listen to critics when it comes to SCIENCE FICTION.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It was good, but not as good as the first one!
28 June 1999
A lot of people told me it was better than the first one, but I didn't see it. It is funny, I love that there is more Dr. Evil background but at times there were repetitious parts that fell flat and at times it was too slow. The first one had parts where it fell flat but it seemed more spontaneous than in the second movie. I still love Minnie-Me don't get me wrong! It is worth to see it just for him, even though he's in it so little(not intentional - I swear!) and he has few lines. Lets hear it for Verne Troyer!! I loved the first because it was so original and spontaneous but the second time it loses some of its flavor but still a good movie.