Reviews

When Trumpets Fade (1998 TV Movie)
As Good as ANY War Movie Ever Made!
12 November 1999
This movie is gritty, and real. The plot is good, and the authenticity is fantastic! It's about WWII, and a battle that was overshadowed by a well known battle. That's all I'll say about the plot, but if you like war movies,action, and authenticity, you'll love this one! Don't miss it.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Captivating
31 July 1999
I can't explain why, but this movie captivates me. I had never seen or even heard of it, and bought it from a video store that was going out of business. And I am glad that I did.

For some reason this movie stirrs emotion for me. and the last line at the end, well, you'll see, if you see the film.

If you have a chance to rent this movie, do so. Even if you don't get the charge out of it I did, you will at the very least, be entertained.

I recommend it. 7 out of 10
21 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Combat! (1962–1967)
Great WWII action series
23 July 1999
If you are lucky enough to get the reruns in your area, see this show. It's a great one hour escape. After a few episodes you will almost feel like one of the squad.

It has plenty of action as well as personal interrest. I HIGHLY recommend this show.

Also, if you are into this sort of thing, the uniforms, equipment, and vehicles are extremely accurate in detail

If you are a WWII buff or a fan of action, this definately will hit the mark. It's a shame they don't make T.V. shows like this anymore.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Film
12 July 1999
If you are lucky enough to be able to locate this film, it is well worth the effort.

I found it accurate (to a point) and one of George C. Scott's greatest works. This film did not receive the acclaim it should have. It must be seen to be appreciated.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.