Reviews

Andy Kaufman is difficult to understand
26 June 2000
I rented this movie because I thought it would be funny, but it seemed to be more of a dramatic documentary to me. I never saw any of Andy Kaufman's skits or roles, so I don't know how true to history the movie is. Assuming the movie is accurate, people would have to be mature and informed of Kaufman's style of humour before they could appreciate it. Jim Carrey portrayed him as an eccentric person who was struggling with crowds who wanted him to be funny in a way different than he wanted to be.
Road Trip (2000)
Very funny
12 June 2000
You will love this film. Some of my favourite parts include the point where Josh and his friends are stuck in front of a broken bridge, and when Tom Green is distracted by the TA Jacob while trying to feed Mitch. There are lots of good jokes, though not all of them are tasteful. Beware of the scene where Reuben takes Kyle and Josh out for breakfast. It's pretty disgusting.
Galaxy Quest (1999)
Alright spoof of Star Trek
26 May 2000
It was an OK spoof on Star Trek, but I was hoping to see a general mockery of sci fi in general. I didn't see any references to other famous sci fi such as Dr. Who and Star Wars, which I hoped would be made fun of as well.
Chinese Box (1997)
It's OK
19 April 2000
The movie was OK, and does give an interesting depiction of Hong Kong. Whether the depiction is accurate is another thing.

Jeremy Irons I like, but Gong Li? I just don't know what all the fuss is about her, except that she is very beautiful, I didn't find her acting anything special in this movie anyway.

The strange thing I don't understand is why does Gong Li hire the 2 prostitutes to spend the night with Jeremy Irons, then later on in the film have sex with him? If her love is unrequitted, one would think the 2 prostitutes would be more than enough. The love scene between Gong Li and Jeremy Irons was done very tastefully, with no nudity even, though it is implied that they do it.
0 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Very humourous
18 April 2000
It's good if you like soft-core erotica and looking for a good laugh. The best is at the end; you'll love Shauna O'Brien's acting. When I saw that end scene with the cops, I couldn't stop laughing.

As for sex, there is enough of it. I think more nude shots of Shauna would have been nicer, though. And more girls than just Shauna and the wife would have been nice. In these movies, one expects a good orgy!
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Secret Games (1992 Video)
A very good film; even worth owning
5 June 1999
It is not a boring erotic film. The film actually is very exciting near the end, and I don't mean sexually, although the erotic scenes are very sensual. The plot is simple and overused, but it is an enjoyable film.

Michelle is very beautiful as the unhappy, sexually frustrated wife. The erotic scenes between her and Martin Hewitt were very well done, and quite arousing. She is a very beautiful woman and seeing her in bed is worth renting the movie. I am sorry that she did not star in any of the sequels, which I intend to watch.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Strangers (1992 TV Movie)
I was pretty uninterested
3 June 1999
Basically 3 short stories about Americans having sex in Paris. Only the middle short story, involving Joan Chen, actually had a real sex scene. Not very interesting, and too much on the weird side.
0 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this