Reviews

Earth 2 (1994–1995)
Great series, good premise
12 October 1999
The problem with NBC is that when they get a good thing going they put it on a weekend early evening so it can be pre-empted by some sporting event. Then they say that they ratings weren't high enough to keep it or renew it. They did the same with JAG and see now it is one of CBS's most popular shows.

I would like to see some closure on this series. Did the planet ever get colonized? What happened to True and Ule? The Terrians were a nice bunch of guys.. I guess we will never know.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Big Sleep (1946)
One of the best..
19 September 1999
The dialogue in this film is what was once referred to as "Sure Fire Dialogue" The cinematography was great. I like the scene when he was sitting in his 1937 Plymouth coupe after the rain. The interaction between characters is terrific. Can you imagine what a great piece of work would come of a collaboration between Chandler and Hammett in those days. I don't think they could remake this one today and I have the impact that it did back then, even with the liberality they take in the new films. No one cussed, took off their clothes and it still was a great film.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The world premier.
5 March 1999
The world premier of this movie was held in Peoria Illinois in 1936. Peoria is the home of Caterpillar tractor company on which the Earthworm tractor was loosely based. The movie referred to Peoria being the base for Earthworm Tractor Co. Joe E. Brown attended the premier and the street in front of the Madison theater was packed. It was also one of the hottest nights of the season.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.