Reviews

3,320 Reviews
Good for younger audiences
16 June 2019
This film tells the story of a teenage man who looks for his father with the help of a Pokémon.

I've never played Pokémon games or watched any of the cartoons. I guess I'm not the target audience. The film itself is an adventure which integrates action, friendship and cooperation. It is a good adventure for younger audiences, but I guess it is not for me.
Her Smell (2018)
A horrible mess that leads to nowhere
16 June 2019
This film is about a rocker who has no respect for anyone.

The rocker in question is a very obnoxious person. It is just not fun to watch her insult everyone and ruin people's lives around her for 90 minutes. The story is a mess, it is not engaging or interesting. There is little build up to the ending either, so there's nothing satisfactory resolution to the story.
An otherwise forgotten history
16 June 2019
This film tells the story of a group of scholars and a mad man working on a comprehensive dictionary.

The story is moving and engaging. One cannot be more impressed by the acting skills on display. It is a piece of otherwise forgotten history brought back to life.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a funny comedy and murder mystery
14 June 2019
This film tells the story of a couple who is invited to a luxury yacht party, but things don't go according to plan.

The film is funny, and the characters are interesting. The beautiful scenery, the plot twists and the amazing yacht also makes the film even more entertaining. However, Adam Sandler's character is a little too irritating for the film to be pure entertainment. Overall, it is still a funny comedy, and a good murder mystery too.
3 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No animals harmed, only humans
14 June 2019
This film tells the story of an assassin who kills to evade being killed.

The film is stylish and cool. The blood and violence is endless, and I can't even count how name people are killed. Honestly, towards the end I get a little bored by people getting killed. That said, the film is still an adventure that thrills and excites.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Arctic (2018)
Intense
13 June 2019
This film tells a pilot's struggle to survive in the attic.

The film is simple, slow, but grips you every single second. I really feel for H's desperation and hopelessness. Even if there's hardly any dialogue, it is still very intense. Every part of me roots for his success. I love the ending as well. I really enjoyed it.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I thought it was really fun!
13 June 2019
This film tells the two agents who deal with the latest extraterrestrial situation.

The film surpasses my expectations. It is really fun and entertaining. Chris and Tessa are great as the new agents, and they give the franchise a fresh start. Pawny is cute and adorable. I am looking forward to a sequel already!
26 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Beach Bum (2019)
Horrid
12 June 2019
This film tells the story of a poet who lives a very hedonistic life in Florida.

I can't believe what I just watched. The characters are unlikable, and even repulsive. Their behaviour is consistently reckless and irresponsible. They live wasted lives, and they wasted my life too. The film is truly horrid, even though there are so many big names in it.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
May be an adventure for young children
12 June 2019
This film tells the story of a corgi that lives in the Buckingham Palace.

The trailer looks a little childish but still somewhat funny, and the Royal couple and the President look very real. Hence, I decided to watch it. It turns out that the trailer shows the funniest moments, which are concentrated in the first minutes of the film. Then the subsequent the film isn't that funny. It may be an adventure for young children, but it is not really for adults.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't wait....for it to end
12 June 2019
This film tells the story of Godzilla and many other monsters roaming free on Earth.

The story is just bad. It does not make sense, defies science and is simply unconvincing. Using a nuclear bomb to revive Godzilla does not make sense. People surviving nuclear explosions does not make sense. Dialogs are funny unintentionally. And the scene of monster zero radiating rays of fire made me laugh! I could not wait for it to end.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Project X (2012)
A real fun watch
11 June 2019
This film tells the story of a high school party turning out of control.

There are a lot of films about high school party, but this one is probably is the craziest. The events escalate gradually to the point of being outrageous, which is what makes the film very entertaining. What is more, is that the story is almost believable!
Warm Bodies (2013)
A pleasant and warm surprise
8 June 2019
This film tells the story of a zombie who falls in love with a living woman.

Who would have thought there could be a zombie romance film? Surprisingly, it really works. The story is warm and sweet. The characters are lovely, and simply make you root for them. I am surprised that there hasn't been a sequel yet.
Dark Phoenix (2019)
Better than expected
8 June 2019
This film tells the story of a mutant who is strengthened by the power of a solar flare.

The story is engaging, and the visual effects are quite stunning. The way people transform because of Jean's power is spectacular. The film is much better than I expected.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An enjoyable and festive treat
8 June 2019
This film tells the story of a horror story coming to life for three teenagers.

The story is quite fun even though it is supposed to be a horror story. It is not too scary for children and teenagers, so I think it has found the right balance. It is an enjoyable and festive treat.
I Am Mother (2019)
Mysterious and suspenseful
7 June 2019
This film tells the story of a woman who grew up in a facility with a robot. Her world is shaken up to the core when another human being arrives.

The set is sleek and futuristic, which makes the film quite stylish. It is a bit slow, but the story generates enough mystery and suspense that keeps you interested. Hilary Swank is great in it. I enjoyed watching it.
18 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A joy to watch
31 May 2019
This film tells the story of two childhood friends who diverged after adulthood, but a chance encounter rekindles their friendship.

It is a romantic comedy so you just know the ending right from the start. The journey getting to the ending is sweet and funny, but the dialog is a little too mean at times. Visually the film is great, the sets are beautiful. It is a joy to watch.
12 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Magnetic presence of the main character
27 May 2019
This film tells the story of a trio of bank robbers who are rather different from your average robbers.

It has an interesting story, and makes you want to follow it. The main character is charismatic and captivating, making other characters and viewers fall for his magnetic presence. The story is a little slow, but it works.
Replicas (2018)
Keep an open mind and you will enjoy it
27 May 2019
This film tells the story of a scientist who resorts to desperate measures after his family members die in a car accident.

The story may be a bit far fetched, and there are several times when I just cannot believe it can happen like that. The dialog is strange, especially the scientist sidekick who doesn't seem to talk like a normal person would in an everyday situation. Overall, the film can be entertaining if you keep an open mind and don't ask any questions.
The Mule (2018)
Touching and well developed
27 May 2019
This film tells the story of an old man who finds an unconventional way to make up for his past deed of neglecting his family.

A Clint Eastwood film is surely touching, and this is no exception. Tata forms a bond with the officer and with the viewers as well. I find the story well developed and well told. I enjoyed it a lot.
Control, or a lack of
24 May 2019
This film tells the story of a young man who programs an interactive game.

The film is interesting because users get to choose the actions of the main character. The main theme of the film is about control, and by having a choice it appears that the viewer is having control. However, it is apparent that the user isn't really having much control at the end, as it loops and loops to showcase what would have happened if the viewer chose another option. The loop is quite frustrating, to be honest.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thought provoking
22 May 2019
This film tells the story of a teenage girl who witnesses the death of her best friend, who is shot by a police officer.

I didn't realise that the story would be so heavy. It is a compelling social commentary on racial injustice. It sets the scene for a dialog between people work various views, as different characters have different views on the topic. It is engaging, sad and thought provoking.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Private War (2018)
Passionate and detached at the same time
17 May 2019
This film tells the story of a war zone reporter who risks her life repeatedly to tell the truth to the world.

It is a brutal story, and it is very tough to watch. It is a pity that I find the film not add engaging or moving as the filmmakers hoped. Somehow the film comes across as a hybrid between a documentary and a drama, with a passionate protagonist that remains detached at the same time. It is a strange feeling.
The Upside (2017)
Lacks a poignant moment
17 May 2019
This film tells the story of a very rich man who employs an unqualified man to be his carer.

The story is heavily Americanised, and is just not the same as the French film. I remember the French film being touching, but this story isn't touching. I see transformations in both of them, but it lacks a poignant moment. It's still an enjoyable film though.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A little too bizarre for me
15 May 2019
This film tells the story of a young man who goes on a hunt for a mysterious woman he met in the dining pool.

The story us very strange, to the point the I would say it's bizarre. Initially it appears to be a horror thriller, but it the story becomes increasingly bizarre. There's a lot of unnecessary nudity of both sexes, which adds to the strange atmosphere.
Drunk Parents (2019)
Undeniably and unbelievably horrendous
15 May 2019
This film tells the story of a married couple who are keeping their appearances despite being broke.

Just fifteen minutes into the film, I already decide that the film is truly horrible. The main character is obnoxious, and a compulsive liar. The wife is hysterical and not much more decent than the husband. The jokes are truly unfunny. The film is just undeniably and unbelievably horrendous.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.