Enemy Lines (2020) Poster

(2020)

Historically lazy
julian-132715 September 2020
I got all of 10 mins into this film before the lazy wardrobe drove me bonkers. The worst being John Hannah wearing ribbons for the Gulf War and the 2002 Golden Jubilee Medal. School play stuff.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
US Marine Corpse?
timotheos-9684522 August 2020
29 minutes in, the American Marine states he's with the US Marine Corps, but he pronounces it 'corpse.' That's just sloppy and unacceptable. I'm surprised I made it that far in, but that's when I turned it off.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worse than I thought
allijn1 May 2020
What a very poor movie!! Bad acting and even the action in this movie was Like a B-movie.
16 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful
ericthebee-9765922 September 2020
In sum, a very, very bad movie. Key failings (IMHO): 1. Poor attention to detail (e,g, they clearly ran through the wardrobe grabbing any uniforms they saw - inc John Hannah's 1990s RLC uniform, I mean really?), 2. Weak performances (Ed Westwick spends his entire time just trying to look as angry as he can), 3. Cliched script (the usual Brit/Yank, officer/enlisted tensions that have been done to death), 4. Unrealistic combat scenes (blasting away with automatic weapons at close range with little effect - trust me, an MG42 at those sorts of ranges is both accurate and devastating (as Saving Private Ryan managed to portray without too much difficulty)). So, if you like your war movies to be as realistic as possible, this is well worth avoiding. Clearly John Hannah is having to take every role he can. Shame.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad
kopitetimes8 September 2020
Bad acting. Cheaply made. Basic storyline. Hardly any dialogue. No connection to any character. Souless garbage.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Laughable
a_mobbs5 September 2020
Funniest bit was the boat that dropped the team off. Looked like a free gift from a cereal packet. The rest of the film was worse.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One star and I'm being generous.
darrell-237151 July 2020
Another completely rubbish film, even with a good actor its still rubbish. Don't bother, total waste of time.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good story , poor acting
willemsjimmy2 May 2020
The story is good but the acting is very poor. It could have been a blockbuster if it had A bigger budget and better actors
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Like watching a B grade tele movie
CrazySeff4 May 2020
Bad directing, bad acting, badly implemented and very hard to watch for more than ten minutes at a time.

How did someone as talented as John Hannah get involved in this project?
13 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wardrobe sucked
The lack of proper uniform wardrobe ruined this movie for me. The "General's" uniform was tore up from the floor up. The "Major" was wearing enlisted marine blues.

Just pathetic.
15 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful cliched impossible
austinlowes7 November 2020
Where to start? Never ending magazines, dodging m42 strafing, radios ranging from England to Poland, radar on fishing boat, multi lingual farm peasants, the tough guy but caring yank, the Soviets as a 2nd enemy in '43, long range pistols, the wounded staying behind to sacrifice, the escape exactly on time to the second at the exact place. Based on a true story? Well WW2 did happen. So bad not even funny.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Usual yank crap
eddieryan-661449 September 2020
One of the worst ww2 films ever made so far fetched by the yanks as usual, going into nazi heartland and getting out with a scientist. I dont think so its such rubbish not at all believeable. Avoid this rubbish
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Did the writers do any research?
nzuraw4 May 2020
Terrible script and not that great acting. Its 1943, not the 21stcentury. Basic historical references are amiss. Almost borders on distribution as disrespect. Shame really.

1 out of 10. Could have tried harder.
16 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't want your time and money
orzoomer27 May 2020
There's a reason this film is unrated. It sucks. The plot is a mess, the sea shots are so fake it's insulting. Battle scenes are unbelievable. Couldn't be more disappointed with a 'based on a true story'.
13 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dreadful
KRS_UK9 September 2020
Cliché ridden from start to finish. I have no idea how some of the actors in this managed to keep a straight face due to the wooden script. The best actors in the world would be hard pressed not to ham this up. Special effects were dire and the parts that were dubbed were really distracting. It could have been so, so much better.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst movie i have seen in a long time
stemer-408209 May 2020
To sum it all up. Bad acting, bad editing, and terrible "special effects".

It"s almost a comedy.
13 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Give this one a wide berth ...
stuart-839876 September 2020
Sadly, and without wanting to spoilt it or give too much away, this really is a cheap-and-sleazy 'war' movie.

The bond between Ed Westwick (Kaminski), the US officer running the field op and his British team, is obviously dysfunctional. From the offset, General McCloud (Corey Johnson) informs Colonel preston (John Hannah) "there's an invasion of Europe on the horizon, we need to be shoulder to shoulder all the way to Berlin". As the Americans approached SOE for help with their 'op', I rather think that the Brits knew that information all ready.

As the team made their way to the first RV point, and whenever they stopped to take stock and chat, no one was watching the rear of group - everyone was 'eyes front', facing the direction of travel. Ed Westwick (Kaminski) 'reminds' Gary Grant (Sgt Waites) "we came here to do a job, so let's get that job done." I was rather hoping that this kind of 'John Wayne-style belittling of his juniors had been dispensed with. Apparently not.

Mind you Sgt Waites' soaking wet line which caused Kaminski to break into his 'Duke' impersonation was more than a little damp around the edges.

The script is quite dreadful and the idea that a group quite as absurd as this would be allowed to step onto foreign soil on such a mission, beggars belief.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Giving three stars is generous
banjofred-414-798734 September 2020
We can really appreciate Great War films when we compare them with dross like this. Fury is an excellent film about a team of menon a mission.. There are dozens of other good examples, not all high budget. This is wooden actors reading wooden lines. It is simply impossible to car about any of the characters. The little girl is about the best. The marine is dreadful.

The sniper is about 10 feet away and he still wounds his target, so that the wife can then be taken out. A real sniper would have removed the SS guys head.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tried watching this four times
rush_2618 July 2020
This movie is slow, it doesn't make sense, the acting gets worse throughout, and it just isn't worth the time. I'll say this, though: Chuck Bass did a decent job.
its to clean
ops-5253525 April 2020
Is my first impression, its the lack of determination in their determination, the whole plot are far too smooth, the script is ludicrous and have no actors improvisation to it. the special effects are cheap except for the visuals of the explotions.

this film should have been made with a larger budget, a more misty and grell atmosphere, and i feel a bit let down on the historical accuracy presented to us. . you might wanna have a look cause youre in to the subject of ww2, but lower your expectations. the grumpy old man will not recommend.
20 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hire a military advisor please
rockhoppermedia6 September 2020
7 Minutes in and the Special operations officer is conducting a briefing, wearing the wrong cut of uniform. The medals are forty years too early, the unit badge he is wearing did not come into play till 1993. The costumes are incorrect, and I just gave up there and then.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Enemy Lines
lakes-4906826 April 2020
After reading...Reviewer "Its to Clean",review' of this movie,I almost did not View it...But I decided,I would go Ahead....Totally contrary to this "Review" I found this Movie,especially in this time of Good Movie Drought....To be a most,Thrilling,Entertaining,edge of Seat,ww11 (of which I am a Long time Buff) Movie...there was No Need of extra enhancements...it was/is supposed to BE, in the 1940's (the Year that I was Born)..Great Acting,Cinematography,Sound track,Story Line,Sub Titling where required & Great Ending....I feel that it is a Great Pity that some,So Called reviewers,can Wreck a good movie ,due to their Lack of Good Taste & Patience...Overall..A VERY GOOD MOVIE... Enjoy !!!!
28 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Anti-german nonsense
gordocooper14 September 2020
This ridiculous lying crap is an insult to anyone with a brain. "Polish Rocket Scientist" ! this is painfully stupid. Everyone knows who calls the shots in rocket research. Poland was a poor underdeveloped agriculture, nothing more. Twisting and bending the history is for sure the right way to teach national pride to people. Am i right? How pathetic.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thought it was a bbc film
danfin-577495 September 2020
Awful truly awful .I'm all in favour of a good war film but really absolute rubbish. Worst and absolute worst is after 1 hour you have a army colonel and an American general discussing using the airforce and the bloke arguing is a private well sorry an aircraft man advising the senior commanders. UTTER rubbish
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seen worse
sharksfan1429 April 2020
No idea why this movie is rated less than a 4.0 on here. It is not the greatest WW2 movie I've seen, but it is not that bad at all...
7 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.