Two of Us (2019) Poster

(2019)

The dangers of being closeted
chong_an9 September 2019
Living in apartments across the hall, Nina and Madeleine are technically neighbors and good friends, but they are secret lesbian lovers. Widowed Madeleine is not out to her adult children, so when Nina finds Madeleine collapsed with a stroke, her children (and the hired 24-hour caregiver) cut Nina out of Madeleine's life.

The bones of this story has been explored in Cloudburst. However, while Cloudburst is more humorous, this film is more heartfelt. Good performances by all, especially the heartbroken Nina, desperately trying to sneak some connection.

My quibble with the story: Given Nina's known closeness with her mother (and who saved Madeleine's life by calling an ambulance in time), I am surprised that Madelein'e daughter didn't start by accepting Nina's offer of providing occasional help to the caregiver. And even if Madeleine can't speak, can't she find some other way to communicate she wishes to see Nina?
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A wonderful, tender, sweet movie
konstantinidou9 November 2019
A.difficult subject approached by a young director in very tender and sweet way. A wonderful movie about the power of love overcoming the difficulties and victoriously glow at the end. A must see movie. It will warm your hearts :)
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Heart worming, fantastic !.. especially as a first feature!
zsofia_varnai_fleurantin28 January 2020
Difficult subject, complex roles, fantasitc directing of three amazing ladies! Bravo!
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thank you thank you...
sanchezghp11 February 2020
... for this wonderful representation of two mature women in love. Emotional, and also fun! Thank you for this story ; thank you to the whole team; and thank you to the director for carrying such a project and caring about representation. Glad to see new filmmakers driven by such a strong sense of responsibility. Looking forward to watching your future movies, Sir!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great actresses in a heart warming movie
Amera4528 January 2020
Haven't seen a film like this before even though I'm used to love stories this one is an original one, hope it will get you as much as it did for me ! :)
Moving
marthepitous-7891928 January 2020
A love story between two women as we rarely see in movies, a bold move from the director, Filippo Meneghetti, signing he's first movie...
Touching movie
Julien7328 January 2020
Brilliant and well shot, beautiful images of beautiful women... A very moving story of two women hiding to their families they love each other until the day they have to tell the truth and stop hiding. A vibrant tribute to love, a must watch !!!
Two of Us
Suotip1428 January 2020
"You and I have memories Longer than the road that stretches out ahead"

The Beatles

Two of Us the movie is a vibrant celebration of love between two women as we rarely see on screen, the actresses give the chills in their interpretations. Great movie that I enjoyed watching a lot. Truly heartfelt and really well shot thus adding a lot to the movie. A first movie completely mastered by Filippo Meneghetti, can't wait to see the next ones !