Just 6.5 (2019) Poster

(2019)

Escaping formulas
hideous_stranger28 March 2019
For some time now, Iranian cinema has been stuck in a rut, a formula if you will. Recurrent themes include, but are not limited to societal problems, family issues, poverty, etc. Saeid Roustaei's second feature film following his debut, "Abad va Yek Rooz" is an attempt to break this mold.

'Metri Shes Va Nim' is the story of a police officer who is after a major drug dealer in Tehran. The movie shows how the police force follow leads and do whatever is in their power to get to top of the food chain. Police brutality, atrociously inhmane conditions in jails and the disrespect for the sanctity of life are all portrayed with grimy detail. In this respect, the movie is similar to 'The Wire' in that it gives viewers a glimpse into how sausages are made and the methodical way in which the police intimidate, coerce and trick people on their way to bringing down bad guys. This aspect of the film, which mainly unravelled during the first half, was a breath of fresh air.

The second half, however, became a bit too melodramatic for my taste. It seemed as if the plot ended up steering in the direction that many Iranian films these days take. I was hoping to follow a complex, coherent and compelling story line. Instead, to my disappointment, the plot spiraled into a loose and rambling melodrama where I felt I was being lectured on why people turn to selling drugs and how crime does not pay. While I commend the director for giving viewers a glimpse into the gritty reality of a world that is less often seen (with details that only an insider would know), I feel we have a long way to go before we can do away with the polemics and social commentary and simply focus on good story telling.
30 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Social injustice - Poverty Drugs love Loyalty
maya-941903 April 2019
This movie portrays a typical life of many which is hidden from public views. It is not easy to make a movie like this in Iran in general.

Peyman Moaadi 's character is a dedicated and loyal officer who is endangering his personal life to drag down a drug dealer. It feels like Mr. Roustaee has lived the life of a drug dealer, drug addict, and a narcotic officer.

The movie tries to show the grey area of the Moaadi s peer, playing games. The act of a faithful and lucky friend with the cell phone in the jail, who had instant connection with Naser; was strange. The barn attack was rushed not well developed. Not sure what was the reason that all the prisoners let out of the cells and were banging the fence/bars and creating chaos? Was it a set up for a scape or what? Some scenes were too long and could be easily slashed down.

In this movie the strong act by Peyman Moaadi stands out. It is also touching the sad and dark life of a drug dealers,addicts, and narcotic officers. This movie stays in mind for a while and does not end by just leaving the movie theater. The legal process is almost the same and jail is real - not a set up.
21 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shockingly good !!
jasminbgz10 September 2019
This movie was good !! I saw this movie for 7 times and Omg... I'm still in shock ! I think everybody should see this 'cuz it deserves it ! Peyman moadi's acting was so real Iran's cinema deserves THE MORE
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonderful
olparya1 May 2019
I think the act of Peyman Moadi and Navid mohammad zadeh was Extraordinary. They are so talentful.They are so talentful. The movie includes our hapless society,and all it's paradoxical laws. It showed a different side of jails that i never knew. I like it.
16 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So many nuances, so much atmosphere
alihmy8 September 2019
The movie "6.5 Toman Per Meter" would create a fascinating 2 hours and 11 minutes of your life. This movie is filled with amazing actors, gorgeous story telling scenes and impressive dialogues which truly held the audience's attention and kept them on the edge of their seats. Considering myself as regular audience who could clearly witness the social structure and situation of Iran, this movie could perfectly fuse and demonstrate tiny little pieces of everyday struggle of underrepresented people (specifically population of addicts) in a strong and well organized storyline. Again, I'm saying "amazing actors" and "well-played" because the screen chemistry was fabulous and the roles were perfectly complementary to each other. Saeed Roustayi was successfully able to portray different complication and social aspects of drug related matters such as betrayal, corruption, disorder and crisis under a light that could connect with the audience on a personal level. I strongly recommend you guys to watch this movie and witness how Payman Maadi and Navid Mohammadzadeh carry you up and down over the dynamic of this great story.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Left me in shock!
kfar_d2 September 2019
The amazing point is, the life and the society portrayed in this movie is so sad that you don't know whose side you should be taking! One minute you feel angry at Nasser the next second you feel sorry for him. Also Saeed Roustayi must have a bright future in front of him, he is such a good director.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A very eye catching piece of drama
elisasaadati12 April 2019
The movie was such cutting sharp through the naturalism of a broken and affected part of the society which is pungent to be highlighted openly. The selection of the cast, scenario, scenes and of course the brilliant art of the screen writers in astonishing dialogues were all meticulously woven to give the maximum of pleasure to the audience.
13 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beyond expectations
naserasiabi12 June 2019
6.5 per Meters is a good pattern of development in Iranian movies. screening, photography, shots and etc. are almost perfect. Thus, you will enjoy what you see visually. It is completely beyond expectations. But 6.5 per Meters does not stop here, it goes further and shows a realistic perspective that make you believe the whole story. Emotionally, it is extraordinary because while the role of the Woman is not so conspicuous but you feel the love very barely. Socially, it has not any new ideas, as its predecessor successful experiences it only focuses on deficiencies but it is not annoying. Perhaps it is because of brilliant act of Navid Mohammadzadeh and Peyman Moadi. As a thriller film, 6.5 per Meters is a great success for Iranian Cinema.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
watch this movie for god sake !
ariyanazarezade7 August 2019
Initially, one can easily point out that the film's style is realistic because it depicts the lives of two segments of the drug addict community (also drug dealers) and policemen in the maze of the law road against the distribution, consumption and, of course, drug production. . The script doesn't show any flaws, and a detailed schedule is arranged for each sequence, and the arrangement of the various scripts was very clean and meticulous, captivating the viewer and the milestones so breathtaking that they acted in the auditorium. The cinema needed drinking water, which of course had a very effective effect on the film. Another factor that can be said to be a factor in the success of the film is the correct casting. For example, Maadi's pact was so well-suited to his role that if you didn't know he was an actor you would probably have two guesses that he was a successful cop. And to top it off, the filming and coding and visualization of the cameraman were so clean that it was impossible to overlook the cinema. And last but not least, I would like to commend Mr. Rural for his strong work that has won the popular vote at the Fajr Film Festival while waiting for people to go to the cinema rather than to promote culture
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
don't watch censored one
coolifeonearth28 August 2019
The major websites sell it as the censored one and it is awful
9 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Magical
alirezaahmadi-2689027 October 2019
The performence of Navid Mohammadzade was unbelievable....such a great drugdealer can Just be played by Pablo Escobar in Narcos
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
speechless
RosaGreen552 December 2019
This is a reality film about the Iranian society and how sad that one's poverty and misery are causing misery for a huge flood of people. Navid was great in this film, although he played a negative role but affect the emotions of the audience. Peyman Maadi also was awesome in this movie.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
one big question
farzad62200421 April 2019
I watched this film in one of Tehran's cinemas. Although two main male actors played very good in this film, the film's focus was on the current pain of Iran and, of course, it was modest in directing. In this film, which shows one of the problems of Iran, which is addiction, the main reason for this is the wrong government decisions, as well as the government's inability to create this mass addicts in the country. In this regard, one of the biggest supporters of the terrorists and also the narcotics of the Iranian government and the Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps, which plays a key role in drug trafficking. In Iran, the arrest of people (drug cooker and dealer) who grow up to a certain extent is due to preventing them to being rude in the system, and then a new one is being replaced. A key question, will execute Nasser be reduced and eliminated drug system in Iran?
10 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
High-speed tempo
Irena_Spa27 February 2020
The beginning of the movie shows us how it will be till the end. Everything in it is excellent, fabulously done. This whole crime story about Iranian's social conditions, their bureaucratic and legal basis goes through high-speed of yelling, arguing and running. It is rare to see something like this in which one can conscientiously praise all the actors and actresses. Everyone is flawless! It's worth watching!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not good for pro film watchers
miladth29 August 2019
If you are a pro film watcher you not gonna like it Such a waste of time Im iranian and know about my country , if you want criticize the movie like this you can find hundred of faults in this movie Abad va yek rooz was not bad , but this one not good at all and we shouldn't judge movies by how much they been sold Navid mohammadzadeh such a typical actor and i think he is not capable to show such a big character
9 out of 72 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
6.5
tamiminaser24 February 2020
The Best Iranian Movie After The Sepration Its So Beautifull And I Offer This Movie To All Movie Nerd
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.