A Genie's Tail (2022) Poster

Check the account dates of the ratings that are positive.
majorasdeitymask19 May 2022
This is an awful movie, meant to decieve and steal any money you'd be better spending literally anywhere else. Artificially inflated score from paid accounts. Just disgraceful.
15 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing!
ginamills22 June 2022
It was a great movie. Unlike the other kids movies made in today's time, there was no politics in this. No lgbt bull, no unrealistic cast of kids. I mean it's a kids movie. An actual good one. I recommend it. 👌
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved the film!
cara-1198525 February 2022
I took my kids to see this film and they LOVED it. In fact, I even loved it. It was such a cute movie. Super fun and lots of action. The kids were all great actors and it was never boring. Finally a kid's movie where there is no tragedy that is just good action! That dog was so adorable too. I couldn't recommend this more highly!
3 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent family film
hayleygoldstein-3417126 February 2022
I really enjoyed this film. It is the perfect family film where you can bring your whole family. The kids will love it and the parents will get a great laugh too! Never a dull moment!
4 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
two sourpusses and four thankful viewers
henryhertzhobbit29 June 2022
I highly recommend this movie to people with children as a movie that will cause both them and their children to smile and laugh at.

Exactly what did the two sourpusses have something against this movie with one complaining about the money spent? A check with the production and distributor page shows that this movie was distributed on Showtime Networks. What did these people expect from the Showtime Family channel where I watched it? No additional money was spent in watching the movie by me. I suppose they could complain about the lost time but not about the money spent so I did not like their reviews at all. I wonder if they were fired by the production company?

The four thankful reviewers that actually watched the movie, some with their children, were probably just overjoyed that something like this was the fare instead of something like "When the Bough Breaks" which IMHO should be rated R instead of PG-13. The only complaint I had about the movie is that they did not rank the movie at all. But from Showtime Family what would you expect? I expected a G rated movie and got it.

So what did I get from this movie? A pleasing little distraction that is a children fantasy and nothing more. It may get some children organization awards but will never get an academy award. As a general operating maxim I only give a 10 to movies like Jonathan Livingston Seagull, or Fiddler on the Roof. If you expect something like that you will be sorely disappointed. But if you want to watch something that makes you and your children smile and maybe even laugh this is a great movie.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Even the dog couldn't save it.
Keester30 May 2022
Cute kids and cuter dog had no chance of saving this from the dreadful script, dreadful direction and dreadful adults.

But what makes it worse is the stuffing of 10 star votes and over the top reviews in the vain hope of attracting an audience for what at best can only be described as amateurish.
0 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Brent Huff Touch Now Embraces Family Fare
foodogfilms-162-29127422 February 2022
Seeking the perfect film for an 8 year old boy? Look no further than Brent Huff's A Genie's Tail. I spent half the time looking over at my 8-year-old step-son's face as he roared with laughter and cheered on the kids in the movie. On the drive home from the theatre, Greyson quoted his favorite lines from the movie. Brent Huff is an acclaimed actor, action director and documentary filmmaker. But with this delightful and heart-warming movie, he invokes the spirit of the great Disney movies of the late 1950s and early 1960s. Particularly the original version of The Shaggy Dog. Aided by an impeccable script crafted by Elisa Eliot (who also plays the slightly daffy mom), Huff does a seamless job of direction. We need more movies like this. Keep 'em coming, Brent and Elisa!
4 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved the movie!
marybrody26 February 2022
I took my grandchildren to see the movie and I honestly didn't expect that I would love it so much myself! It was really fun and had so many clever lines. I also saw Hero on America's Got Talent and loved seeing him in the movie! He is incredible.
2 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A wonderful and hilarious family movie!
thechristines20 February 2022
My husband, 2 kids and myself just saw this movie today. Everyone did such a great job...including the talented dog Hero, who played Magic! It was full of action, adventure, laughs and a wonderful message. I highly recommend taking your kiddos to see this, you'll leave with a big smile on your face.
4 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My Son Couldn't Stop Laughing
laurenbgc3 March 2022
My 7 year old son and I went to see this film on opening day - our first movie since the pandemic began. What a breath of fresh air! We loved it. Great characters (especially Magic!) and story line. It is a sweet family movie. I wish there were more like it. There is something wonderful in the simplicity of it. Highly recommend!
2 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such a cute family film!
geller-natalie26 February 2022
Love this movie. We went to watch it on opening weekend. It was such a cute family film for my 6 year old. There were lots of funny parts for adults and kids, and they loved the dog!
1 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.