DOSED (2019) Poster

(2019)

One of the most important documentaries of our time
bgoresky25 March 2019
This film documents an addict's journey from rock bottom to early recovery using primarily Psilocybin mushrooms and Ibogane therapies. These plant medicines have been used for healing by indigenous cultures for thousands of years, but the West is slowly waking up to the transformational potential of these substances. 20 years ago these substances were considered drugs. Now, as this documentary shows, they are being reclassified as medicines.

This documentary is so well done. I applaud the creators in their courage to tell this story and lead the charge in changing the public narrative around addiction and addiction recovery. I also applaud the woman in the film and thank her for her willingness to have her deeply personal experience be shown on the big screen.
10 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is one of those documentaries that's actually going to change the world.
ryan-munevar2 May 2019
Went to the world premiere of this documentary in Denver and was amazed at how brutally honest it was about dealing with addiction and how this country keeps pushing maintenance drugs as opposed to actually dealing with the pain that causes these addictions. Lot's of documentaries will show the gritty side of life but this one also showed the beauty of hope as Adrienne begins to deal with her problems. With the proper use of Psilocybin and Ibogaine the odds of beating the addiction goes up dramatically. If you or anyone you love is battling their drug habits please watch this film.
9 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Documentary
jameswjadventures2 May 2019
I initially went into this thinking it would be another documentary about psychedelic research and the upcoming integration of psychedelic into medicine. I was pleasantly surprised when it was actually a deep dive into the life of a woman with a severe opioid addiction and her journey into underground psychedelic medicine to get clean. I think this film is going to land very well for a lot of people. It's easy to watch despite having such heavy content and comes off as very relatable.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Truly inspiring, life changing, breakthrough
aaronmx-8835328 May 2019
Great depiction of a real world crisis. Gives many hope and inspiring for all. Realistically portrays the truth about mental illness and the truth that many are running from. Plant medicine is no joke and is the very reason that alot of people have a second chance at life. Iboga gives people the opportunity to look within rather then to look at, to face the truth rather then hide, to make peace not just dwell. This gives the insight that people can stop consistently falling down and walk the path of life comfortably. Iboga is the real deal and I am speaking from self experience as it has gave me the opportunity to live life and love myself again. These guys are truly professional and mean the world to me Great movie guys!!
Absolutely breathtaking
ryanmcdowell-276672 May 2019
This documentary was one of the most well put together films I have ever seen. This movie brings to light the profound affects these medicines being to the table. Very good work by everyone involved in the production and I'm so glad to see that Adrienne is doing well!
Getting real about addiction
gillian-893409 April 2019
A compelling story of a beautiful young woman trapped inside a system that does not value her, offering treatments that do not work, with no hope. She is desperate, contemplating suicide, and decides to take a huge risk in order to heal herself. She is done with living like this, discovers that maybe there are reasons why she is riddled with anxiety, and is terrified to find out what they might be. She has to go outside the law to seek help. A courageous, cliffhanger, that pulls no punches.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
See this movie even in you have no interest in understanding addiction or psychedelics
dale-18222 May 2019
I was inspired, moved, touched and humbled by this movie. This is at the core a movie about the bravery of one woman's journey to face her demons and her will to live. She is truly brave. As are the filmmakers who took the risk to start with a story that they knew could have a tragic ending but followed Adriene one tear, cry, vomit, smile and laugh at a time. By the way the film is also a grounded exploration of the proper, grounded and professional (mostly) use of the ancient plant medicines as well as a critique of western medicines unhelpful and at times unkind and ignorant approach to trauma and the mental health costs that arise from trauma.
Beautiful
kcowden-132542 May 2019
A deeply personal, hard yet beautiful story about a woman overcoming addiction.
Equally heartbreaking and inspiring
crileyk-085492 May 2019
I have a personal connection to Iboga and can speak to the healing powers of the medicine. I think the filmmakers did a fantastic job of telling Adrienne's story and doing so in a thoughtful, surprising, and riveting way. The film raises a lot of questions and made me take a deep look at my own assumptions when I think of drug use and drug users. There is a powerful message in this story and I hope that it can educate more and more.
phenomenal movie.. beautifully filmed
coxeliz25 March 2019
Excellent documentary on how plant medicine can help people who are suffering so much from "separation from their essence" as Gabor Mate says. Adrianne's experience with the mushrooms and Ibogaine is every bit as difficult as running a marathon, climbing a mountain, navigating class 3 rapids -- the inner journey, it is what our culture is desperately in need of right now.
Iboga is hope and life
louisechick25 May 2019
A very powerful documentary which kept me spellbound. I did not realize how strong the takeover of addiction is on a person. It's like a weed growing -- you need to find the right medicine to stop it. The psychadelics and Iboga play a huge role. I applaud the healers for their dedication and belief in this therapy. I am in awe. This eye opening film shows how Iboga is life saving. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share this with you.
Profound and moving
freja-5257322 May 2019
Extremely moving film and incredibly timely. Great look at alternative methods to dealing with mental health and addiction.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A message of hope in a dark world
miniflem22 May 2019
This story reignited my hope for the many friends and loved ones suffering under the weight of addiction. I'm so glad that Adrienne had the strength to undergo the process of its creation and was willing to share her story. I hope this leads to saving others lives as well. We need to legalize these medicines immediately, to not is reckless and unsympathetic to the suffering of so many.
Great, thought-provoking documentary
joegd5 May 2019
This documentary is extremely well done.Tyler, Nick, and Adrianne take you on a journey down the path of opiod addiction and graciously show how Adrianne benefited immensely from plant medicine treatment. She was an addict for 20+ years then through a series of rituals with plants was able to break her cycle and be sober for more than a year. I was just at a showing in Denver with the producers and they explained that Adrianne is still sober which is amazing. They dive into the healing benefits of psilocybin mushrooms and specifically Iboga/Ibogaine. It was interesting to learn how Iboga is especially useful for helping break the psychological and physiological dependencies on opiods. Something that the current Western medical world is falling short on. This is a fantastic film and I'm hoping it opens the public's eyes to the amazing benefits of plant medicine to treat psychological illnesses.
Powerful Reality of Hope
taraiwanchuk27 May 2019
Everyone deserves a chance to look deep into themselves instead of just a reflection of what addiction wants them to be. Dosed is a real life journey of what so many people struggle with each and every day. It shows the world that there are alternative options with real people out there that dedicate their lives to truly helping people live the life they deserve. Dosed truly shows the passion of all the caregivers working with plant based medicine and how they have made it their mission to show the truth that is out there. I cannot express enough how moving this film is, not just for people struggling with addiction but for anyone that has ever been affected by addiction or mental illness. This documentary needs to be shared with the world! People need to see the truth first hand instead of just what Big Pharma wants you to believe.

To the filmmakers, cast and healers. Thank you for having the courage to take us on a journey of darkness and despair in order to see the real meaning of love,accomplishment and hope.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A story the world needs to hear
BasecampShawn24 May 2019
This doc is about fighting addiction from the trenches. A young woman's stumbling and brutally honest journey to free herself from the grasp of heroin leads her to real-life underground healers with scientific merit. Endearing, chaotic, and transfixing.

Politicians and policymakers take note; the hippie shamans are way ahead of you on this one. There is much to be learned from this film even to the most bitter skeptic.
Brilliant
jordanvervaeke23 May 2019
This film has, and can continue to create so much positive change. I applaud all involved in the telling of such a moving film. For such deep and possibly difficult content, the film is told in a compassionate and informative manner.

So much courage was displayed in the making of this film, mainly the immense courage and strength shown by Adrienne, but also by the director and producer in having the courage to tell a story in which they have no idea of the outcome.

I learned more than I ever thought I would heading into this film.

Absolutely brilliant. Excited to see this film again soon!!
Raw, Emotional, and Very Informative
indigo-boutique23 May 2019
The story of drug addiction is all too familiar across the globe. This movie about one womans fight for her life against all odds is poignant for our time. Through her bravery in not only sharing her darkest moments and the struggles that she reveals you will see her soul and will to live. In her ability to be vulnerable we all have something to learn.
Incredibly important
robinledger22 May 2019
Beautiful, raw and powerful. This documentary left me feeling hopeful about the possibilities for healing addiction and mental illness with plant medicine. I believe this film has the potential to open people's minds and shift their awareness so that we can see more and more stories like Adrianne's.
The hero's journey
tweety-5026222 May 2019
Thank you for this beautiful depiction of the hero's journey through addiction, something we all must take on if we fully want to experience life (my own addiction to technology, games, movies are included in this definition! It can all be numbing). Not only is this a triumph for psychedelic research, but this is a thought provking piece that I can't wait to share with my parents, family, and loved ones to continue the discussion of our own spiritual journeys.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I wish the world could see this.
raenicole-6289714 May 2019
This documentary gives the most real view of the effects of drug policy of our time and some clear solutions for changing it. This is the story of a REAL human being, who could be any of us, and how difficult it is to get the help that is needed. We all related to this. This movie can change the world.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Everyone needs to watch this!
sarah_titus13 May 2019
What an amazing documentary that explores the power of psychedelics. Her story is intense and raw and is told with compassion, care and love. Regardless of whether you believe in power of psychedelics or not, this will open your eyes up to understanding a little bit more into the complexities of addiction, anxiety, depression and PTSD and how psychedelics integrated with the medical system could be the beginning of a whole new revolution in mental health care.
Amazing & Inspiring!
mchlpuglisi12 May 2019
So Lucky to have been amongst the audience at the Mayan Theater In Denver for this one!

& Even luckier to grab a bite to eat with the film makers afterwards.

Wish I knew about these things a few years back with my boy Ziggy!

I share the trailer often!

Thanks Guys! & Thank You Adrianne for exposing Yourself to the world! It is going to help so many!
Great Doc
chris-emerson19876 May 2019
This was a very engaging documentary that exposed the insanity of our current mental "health" system. It was so engaging because it was so personal--following the wild journey of a lovely young woman who goes from severe addict to truly healed via the power of psychedelic medicines. May lots of people see this and may it help shift the cultural conversation around the use of these powerful medicines.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An incredible documentary about the potential of Psychedelic plants to treat addiction
jackatlasov10 June 2019
This documentary has it all. It's beautifully shot and edited. The story is equal parts uplifting and dramatic, with heart wrenching moments of grief and struggle. The film takes the viewer on a journey of healing that is powerful yet compassionate and is grounded in facts and medical science. If you are looking for a film to share with friends/relatives/co-workers that takes a deep look at addiction and recovery through the use of psychedelics and plant medicines this film is it.

The woman in the film should win an award for most courageous film star of 2019 for letting the documentary crew follow along as she undertook this difficult healing journey.

10/10 stars - this documentary is a must watch for anybody interested in psychedelics, plant medicines, addiction, depression, anxiety and overcoming suffering.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.