Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Video 2019) Poster

Very nice animation and great voice actors.
patero201215 May 2019
Very interesting and some funny, most because of michaelangelo. But, what surprised me, was the same voice from batman and the joker. I really thought it was joker's Mark Hamill! Awesome!
29 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Crazy nostalgia trip!
VoodooBangla14 May 2019
I grew up on the original TNMT and 90's Batman animation. I loved them both and to see both team up was such a trip down memory lane. If you're a fan of both you'll love this. There are some missed opportunities and jokes that didn't land (hence the rating) but as a whole, it was a great film to watch. I loved it.
46 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This crazy crossover actually works out pretty well.
Animany9421 May 2019
I am a fan of both Batman and the Ninja Turtles, but my initial thoughts on this crossover was that it would take a lot to make it work, because of how tonally different the tv adaptations of these comic book characters are from one another.

But it actually works out pretty well. Sure, we get to see how the turtles' personalities mix with Batman and co., and the jokey nature can be a little forced at times, but I was satisfied with the outcome and the surprisingly high entertainment value. Leo and Bats work out well together and Raph and Robin as well.

It also delivers a lot of awesome fight scenes between a wide range of Batman villains, because aside from the Shredder and his Foot Clan including Baxter Stockman there are no Turtles' villains. And to be honest, while Shredder is awesome, he is under used in the movie not doing very much.

The voice cast was good. Troy Baker does a very convincing Mark Hamil impression on the Joker and a take on Bats that's more his own. Those two really stood out. Not that the others didn't do well, it's just not as intimidating as earlier portrayals. The Turtles themselves delivered what you'd expect, so no comment there.

The overall look of the film can be summed up like this: if the characters are mostly from the Batman catalog, the look of the film is more like the turtles' comics and it works out okay. Some of the character design were a little weird like Donnie, Joker and Mr. Freeze, but aside from those it's well done with pretty backgrounds and more colours used than the usual dark colour scheme from the Batman movies.

To sum up, this seemingly weird crossover offers a lot of good fight scenes and a good mix of the two comic book universes in an enjoyable superhero cartoon.
14 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cowabunga!!🐢
roienhossaini14 May 2019
Awesome crossover with batman and the turtles. Epic fight scenes with batman and the shredder. And ofcourse the turtles were also great. They were just like the 2003 version... hopefully they will make a sequel🤞🏼
37 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfect
archit-pal217 May 2019
This movie is very good. I like how they have portrayed the turtles, it's perfect I don't know why they can't make a live action movie like this on turtles. Batman as usual was fantastic. As a TMNT and Batman fan I enjoyed this movie.
19 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An outstanding and super entertain animation movie! Full of intense and funny action sequence!
kwenchow10 June 2019
This film is about Batman team up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles to destroy the plan of Shredder and Ra's Al Ghui from mutate the citizen of Gotham into animal! The music in the entire film is remarkable! The fighting also bloody violence and intense plus funny! The fight scene between Shredder and Batman at the beginning film must watch by martial art fans! It really portray so well! I also like the scene when Robin take down Harley Quinn in one scene when he portray Wing Chun! Ra's Al Ghul defeat by one of the TMNT at the end! Batman defeat Shredder and he hit by the Ooze launcher then felt into the chemical pool that made Joker! After the victory, Batman treat all of them pizza! Lol! Still have one scene after the end credit, Shredder did survive and became another Joker! That's all! A must watch film! Not a single bored scene!
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a relief..
fallguy_jack14 May 2019
Given the potential of how good a movie like this could be, I was absolutely terrified of what kind of horrible letdown this would be, given the recent trash DC has produced in the animated superhero genre, especially Batman. Thankfully this must have been made by different people.

Seems like this was made to appeal to both older batman/tmnt fans as well as young fans, perhaps as something adults could enjoy with their kids, although there are a couple kills, which seemed out of place for that, but otherwise fit just fine.

Quite silly at times, even a little logic challenged, but never remotely brain donor stupid (like Batman Samurai), and given that cartoons are for kids (right? mostly? lol), it's very easy to look past. Maybe they've lowered the bar so much that this showing seems much better than it is, but hey, everything is relative... I guess - I feel like there's something too zeitgeisty there, oh well

Lastly, a mostly great depiction of Michelangelo, who when done well is awesome.
22 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Definitely a film worth watching
ochavillo9 June 2019
This is an animated cartoon film that is well worth watching. I definitely believe that these types of films will do phenomenal for live action. What I am scared though, especially for live action, is the concept of the directors and producers trying to make it as close as possible to human relativity, but for me, that would take the whole value and attraction of the film's overall value and popularity marketing focus.

I would love to see this film series, and it's separate respects (Batman) and Teenage mutant ninja turtles transition into the rated categories of film. This I mean, this film franchise has the potential to have various versions in series from PG13, MR (Mature adult), and R21 (sexual content with alcohol). I definitely would love to watch the MR and R21 versions of Teenage mutant Ninja turtles and Batman and Robin. Hopefully it becomes a reality, but if not.... the suggestion is out there.

Overall Great movie with the greatest insight of reliable potential and definite success.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
ZOOTASTiC! Ooze Remix
xmackdaddy14 May 2019
OMG! so much stuff is going here, it's crazy Definitely worth watching. An 90s Kid dream comes true.
12 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Michael Bay, Take Notes
jeremycrimsonfox5 June 2019
Batman Vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is the newest DC animated movie, and it is a crossover with Nickelodeon's TMNT franchise. The plot is several tech companies in Gotham are being robbed, and Batgirl witnesses one of them. After informing Batman, he goes to Wayne Enterprises to stop them, only to be defeated by their leader, The Shredder, after the two give a hard battle. However, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are also in town, having chased their enemy from New York to Gotham City. When they and Batman meet, they fight each other, but soon, they will have to team up, as Shredder has teamed up with Ra's Al Ghul, leader of the League of Assassins, and plan to give Gotham a mutant nightmare.

This is an awesome movie. Based on the crossover comic that started in December 2015 and ended in May 2016, some of the characters are spot on (Michelangelo still cracks jokes, Raphael is still a hothead, and Batman is still Batman). The Shredder is treated with a lot of respect, as he is as much a threat as the Shredder in the 2012 in cartoon, as he is capable of fighting and using different ninja techniques. However, this version changes some things from the comics (like having the Turtles and Batman exist in the same universe instead of having the Turtles arrive via interdimensional portal). But still, it is a good movie, with a good voice cast (with Troy Baker voicing both Batman and The Joker, with Eric Bauza, who did various character in TMNT 2012 and voices Splinter in Rise of The TMNT, voicing Leonardo). Regardless of whether you prefer Batman or the Ninja Turtles, this crossover is a good movie, and one I would recommend.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Come on man
espn-4367229 May 2019
How in the world is this movie rated a 7.2 ? That's ridiculous lol I thought this movie was great . I absolutely loved this movie . 9/10 easily
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More enjoyable than one would think...
paul_haakonsen14 May 2019
Okay, well I must admit that I am not overly fan of neither Batman nor the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but my 9 year old son wanted to watch this animated DC movie movie, so we did.

When it comes down to it, I have to step up and admit that "Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" was actually a lot more enjoyable and entertaining that I had first anticipated from the title of the animated movie alone.

There is a good combination of comedy along with the action here, which really helped keep up the interest level - at least for me.

The storyline here was fairly straight forward and pretty much reminiscent of every other animated Batman movie; a villain has a scheme to do great evil and of course his plans are thwarted by Batman. Only this time he had the help of four mutated sewer turtles.

There was a good pacing to the movie, which most definitely also helped to keep the movie enjoyable and watchable. The dialogue was adequate, taking into consideration that it is, after all, an animated movie.

The characters in the movie were familiar characters, of course, which also help keep the movie afloat. And the gallery of villains trapped in the Gotham Asylum was just a nice touch. Shredder was actually quite good in this animated movie, and was definitely a step up from the usual dimwit version shown in the old "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" animated series. However, it was the fly-man sidekick that stole the show, he was just hilarious and so obviously an homage to Seth Brundle from "The Fly", and he even sounded somewhat like Jeff Goldblum.

My son was genuinely entertained by it, and I must admit that "Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" definitely delivered more than I had expected or anticipated. As such, I am rating it six out of ten stars.
21 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Batman need more Crossover after this
amerulaidil14 May 2019
Plot writing was good but a little bit simple. The movie really did a good job bringing the turtles into the Batman storyline. I love them in every minute in it. Best part is they stay as the same character that we used to see them in comic,tv series,and movie. Although this movie storyline need more improvement. I found it so simple especially the third act sequence. Overall,I have a fun watching this movie
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Throw Backs
If you are a fan of both genres this is just for you. There were so many Easter eggs that if you were a fan of the original TMNT feature film you will certainly catch the Easter eggs.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Holy shell shock, Batman!
kevinxirau10 June 2019
"Batman vs Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Man, even just saying that feels weird, but, yeah, this is a thing. This animated flick is an adaptation of a six-part comic series made back in 2015. Given that I'm a fan of both, I had to check this out.

Plot: There is trouble brewing in Gotham City. The Shredder, leader of the Foot Clan, allies with Ra's al Ghul, head of the League of Assassins, to bring a new form of terror to the streets. The Heroes in a Half-Shell follow their ninja nemesis to uncover this nefarious plan only to find themselves butting heads with the Dark Knight and his sidekicks Batgirl and Robin (Damian Wayne). Can these two heroic forces combined give their enemies a much needed shell shock?

This is definitely one of the most fun entries of both franchises I've seen in a while and a lot of that fun comes from the characters acknowledging just how wacky their respective worlds and inhabitants are. The way the Bat Family and the Turtles bounce off each other led to lots of great moments both funny and epic (Mickey annoying Alfred, Donnie's and Batgirl's intellectual fortes, etc.), helped by excellent voice acting. Basic character arcs and dynamics are executed with grace and the comedy got me laughing throughout. Balancing this is how the film gives time to let things be serious for both drama and high stakes with the heroes struggling to overcome their flaws and differences, plus Shredder and Ra's al Ghul making a lethal pair despite their own opposing traits. In fact, things can get dark at times with fight scenes that can get unexpectedly violent (nasty blows and the occasional gruesome death).

Speaking of which, the fantastic battles offer plenty in players, gadgets, and environments. There's a great mix of martial arts with classic elements akin to Batman and TMNT and different sweet matchups (Batman vs Shredder, Turtles vs Arkham inmates and so on). Fans will also recognize the abundant nods to previous media from both franchises. Props to the art style and animation, giving characters distinct designs, fluid movements (with only a few lapses), and striking colors and shadows that manage to make it appear that these heroes inhabit the same world despite being owned by different companies. While the film is an hour and a half, a lot happens, but thankfully it is well-paced and gives major elements their due.

All in all, this film is a mutated thrill ride you do not want to pass up. The filmmakers took an out-there concept and somehow made it work. At the moment, I can't think of anything major to criticize about this film, so I'd say check it out. COWABUNGA!
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Lot of Fun...
yodaschoda18 May 2019
It's great for kids big and small... I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. The story was "simple" but it had some neat tie-ins that made the crossover a bit more "rational". The voice acting was great and the animation was stylistically interesting blending aspects of the latest Batman and TMNT serieses. My kid (10) and I had a blast watching it.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great cross-over. As a fan of both, I loved it.
spmact17 May 2019
I watched the TMNT 90s cartoon as a kid and got more into Batman when I was older. I was worried the two worlds wouldn't mix, but this film blended the two very nicely. I have to say I was pretty impressed. It didn't tone down the violence too much to be kid friendly, but the addition of the turtles lightened the tone in many places and added some fun & humour.

It got a bit silly at the end, but I won't fault it too much for that. There were also a lot of small call backs to the TMNT series that fans will appreciate. It was very well written and you can tell that the writer and production design staff were fans of both Batman and the turtles.

At the end of the day this was a pleasant surprise because previous DC animations have been hit and miss for me. This one was definitely a hit. Well done!
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
DC needs to learn the whole meaning of "versus"
richis-85-4293952 June 2019
Firstly, this is "NOT" a versus movie. The whole "vs" bit lasts about 5 mins (similar to Batman v Superman). I was hoping that the turtles would have been drawn the way I remember them from the 90s, and not as some green blobs in shells. But apart from these 2 factors, the movie was quite entertaining.
Great movie
espn-4367229 May 2019
Loved it.. I hope they make a number 2 soon. I think this was movie of the year tbh .
Exciting
kfilippopoulou19 May 2019
I don't care if u liked it or not, it was refreshing A. H, and a really nice mix of two ninja worlds... The turtles always make me excited.. 👌
It's just so good!
mannyjgarcia6 June 2019
Wow! Such an amazing change from the usual connected DC Animated Universe which is so good, and then you get this! Without trying this is probably the second best DC animated movies! It's just pulpy goodness!
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Bats,The Bird,The Turtles!
cpocall-coc16 May 2019
An entertaining crossover with action and comedy . Witty one liners, and good fight scenes . I didn't like the Bats costumes his/hers but that's just a minor personal choice. Animation was well done and the villains motives were believable and simple enough for a younger audience to accept.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simply amazing!
jguilfoyle-022825 June 2019
I went into this having read the comic and yet it would have been great without that. The comedy was completely on point as well as a more mature setting for TMNT (which has kept a lower profile on the violence in television and movies than the comics). While the story diverged from the comic it was so well done it didn't matter!

The art, particularly for the turtles was not a high selling point but their personalities shined so much (through such talented voice acting....never thought of Darren Criss as Raph!) that I am simply in love.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fan-Service!
meetsinghsta16 May 2019
Absolutely Loved it. Dc has done everything right this year. Doom Patrol, Titans and now this. Everything is on the right track. Please continue this, need no changes with the voice actors anymore.

Thanks & regards
9 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best crossover ever.
adamjdavis-9195018 May 2019
What an absolute gem. One of the very best batman ani for showing off Batman's martial skills. The turtles had me crying with laughter and made this a classic batman. Old school batman costume was a genius idea. In my top 5 batman now. Love batman? This is a must.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.