Dragonheart Vengeance (Video 2020) Poster

(2020 Video)

Good for families with older children
aliciazoe7 February 2020
Good family movie (for those with older kids) Slapstick type violence but also heavy at times. Lighthearted humour all the way through but also contains mild adult humour. A decent film. I sat through it and I get easily distracted with my phone, I left my phone alone so I must have enjoyed it. No swearing. No sexuality. Overall a decent watchable movie.
26 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best of the Prequels
sarahnewcomer13 February 2020
I really loved the first film. It was different, fun, and a good story. After Dragonheart there was one sequel, which was basically terrible... and multiple prequels that were equally (if not moreso) terrible. CGI lacked, storyline felt repeated, and I'd seen better acting at high school musicals.

Then came Vengeance. Will it get oscars? No. Was the CGI worthy of a big screen? Not quiet, BUT, out of the prequels, the dragon looked loads better then the prior films and believable. It had a more original storyline, as they pulled further back from the whole heart share thing (though still relevant) being the driving plot, which was beaten down our throats in the other films.

Joseph (Darius) and Hannah (Sivith) were fun characters and the acting was decent enough to not let it get in the way. I thought Sivith had the most "Draco like" persona... and it felt nostalgic to the original.

The plot was kinda predictable, but straight to DVD/Stream is kinda expected.

It has a happy fluff ending. Don't expect a blockbuster, but if you take it for just the fun film it is, it's a good watch.
28 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
After the first one, the one that more feels ''Dragonheart''
alejandroyava11 February 2020
I must admit, I didn't have any hope for this movie. The second one to forth one had horrible CGI with horrible story. This one doesn't have a breaking story, nor is it go so big like the first one about a rebellion against a tyranical king, but the story and charachters still "feels" Dragonheart. There are several points through the film that goes deep into the dragons lore, and that is always good. It has a very decent CGI, the charachters, although not awesome, ar well played, and the dragoness looks nice! Let's remember that the original Dragonheart didn't have awesome CGI, and this one compares to that level and I dare to say that tops it. Above avarage,
16 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's an ok movie. Not anything to rave about.
fimdb-6958810 February 2020
The CGI was not top quality. Neither was the acting. Not your big production budget movie. Nevertheless, I found it easy enough to look past the movie's short comings. ...And just enjoy the story.
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dragonheart..warming film.
seadragonst8 March 2020
Fans. it's atlteast as good as II if not better, better cgi, and actually better than the eragon movie, not the books obvsly
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent!!
mvike8 February 2020
If you're like me, you likely saw this film and thought, "hey! Is this film related to the Dennis Quaid one from 1996??" YES, it's that franchise.

Your second question is likely going to be, "is this a low budget, SYFY channel mess...?" NO, it's not. It is actually a really decent little film.

I have no idea why they chose to revive this franchise, but it's not bad at all. If you like mid-evil times, and enjoy fantasy and/or dragons? Then you'll like this!!

It's family friendly as well for the most part! A please by surprise :)
23 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quite good-- entertaining throughout
Snootz21 February 2020
I have to wonder what some neg-rating reviewers here are thinking, or what they were expecting. The acting in this movie is fine. The directing is good, as is the CGI. It has a story, a moral, teaches a good lesson. What, not enough sex, violence and foul language to suit some people? Those slamming this as a terrible movie really need to move on to something more to their taste.

This is one of the better of the DragonHeart movies. I am as quick to call a bad flick as anything, but this is simply an enjoyable film. The characters are well-developed, the bad guys properly bad, the dragon concept rather interesting. The negative reviews are no more than jaded rants. This is a decent older-children family film well worth watching.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bringing Dragonheart back to the franchise.
rdamian196322 April 2020
Although none of the subsequent sequels of the franchise were outstanding, they lacked a certain emotional feel that the original Dragonheart had. The acting is acceptable and there was a reasonable story line in Dragonheart Vengeance. However, fight scenes were fairly weak. However, there is a general fun feeling throughout the movie. It's moderate entertainment worth a watch with a bowl of popcorn.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
nice film
elenaphysics10 February 2020
This is a nice film. It looks a bit old because of the simplicity and the not so great CGI But it is a nice film. It has the feeling the first dragonheart movie had. It does have a decent plot and overall it is a fun movie to watch. I
15 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stop thinking that every dragon movie is about Game of Thrones.
nemanjamikicmikser5 February 2020
People need to forgot about GoT. People need to forgot that everyone wants to make movie for profit because it's not true. This is not big Hollywood movie, it's not made for GoT fans.

For me is nice movie, it's not fantastic, or incredible, but it's good. Maybe not for 10 stars, but because of people that put 1 star for no reason, or because they think this movie is because of GoT, i must give it 10 stars.
35 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Definitely not the first.
ricardoschaasberg22 February 2020
I actually liked that it was completely different from the first, also deserves alot more credit then some are willing to give. For the budget they had and the amount of stupidity of the other sequels/prequels this one actually did some justice. Acting was done well, graphics were decent and plot was interesting.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't worry. Its not that bad.
joshuakiers5 February 2020
Dragonheart Vengeance is the fith movie. And yes they should stop the dragonhaert movies. But I have to say its not terrible.

It all starts with a boy that saw his parents get killed by a group of ugly people. So he is going on a adventure with a dude (that apperently talks to animals) and with the dragon.

The movie makes its funny moments from the guy that speaks to animals, to make this movie more enjoyable to watch. Of course there is some action going on but dont get your hopes up.

The whole problem of this movie is that you can see how much time and money was spend into the movie. The CGI lacks quality, there is a moment when you cleary see that a green screen was used. Instead of just waiting for the right moment to shot. And the main character isn't all that interesting at all. Owh and the story could have been better.

That said, its not a horrible movie. It just could have been better
13 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Dragon heart movie I've seen in years
thorshammerstruck11 February 2020
If it's not from the cast to the directing was excellent and on point. Joseph Millson was excellent choice for the character of Darius making me feel like we had a modern day Bowen bravo this movie really takes me back to the original dragonheart adding the values of a knight and character progression, Jack Kane also did an exellent job as Lukas you could see him growing into a man thought the course of the movie , the Gillian's were just as exellent I really hated the villians the same way I hated king einon but felt originally like overwhelming odds, this movie is an exellent addition to the trillogy and I would love to see more and more lore about this it is exellent kuddos to Joseph Millson, Jack Kane, Carolina Carlsson, Helena Bonham Carter, Tam Williams, Fabienne Piolini-Castle, Arturo Muselli, Cameron Jack, Laur Dragan, Ioachim Ciobanu, Tatiana Gurin, James Longshore, Edouard Philipponnat, Diana Vladu, and producer Raffaella De Laurentiis , line producer Hester Hargett, associate producer Victor Trichkov, and that music was fantastic Mark McKenzie, and whoever was behind the camera holy crap Mark McKenzie this movie looked fantastic on my Oled Sony A8F tv bravo yes I typed in all your names and had to look them up but I don't care this movie was wonderful in my eyes, also fantastic job film editing Charles Norris , I just wish there was more all in all this movie was great I need to see more. Also my 2 favorite parts of the whole movie 1 the character development and lore 2 the fight scenes were on point. Thank you so much for making this movie.
12 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The acting is worse than the CGI
0w04 February 2020
Look... I totally get it Universal... I totally get why you'd want to 'make bank!' or 'cash in' on the whole Game of Thrones thing, but making a 2nd-rate movie with a cobbled together script and 3rd-rate acting and 4th-rate CGI, isn't going to get you millions of dollars OR result in a good movie.

Literally everything in this movie is so slapdash, that I struggled to finish it... LITERALLY struggled... I wanted to stop watching it SO BAD, I'm not even kidding. I remember taking my phone out and browsing the internet whilst watching the movie, because I was so disinterested.

Dragonheart Vengeance isn't the next GoT Dragonheart Vengeance isn't a good movie Dragonheart Vengeance isn't going to make money

Universal, you should be ashamed.
43 out of 94 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not what I expected but still good
radulovicmiodrag18 February 2020
Effects are a little weird and I'd say low budget but the story is well written, I liked it. If you're a fan of mythical creatures and swords (life in middle ages) you should watch this movie.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too much stuffed into a potentially good film
catschasemice959415 April 2020
A lot of exposition used to take the place of world building and character development. There are a few clever ideas but these go no where. One of those movies you watch when you are playing a game on your phone.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great film
passafiume55 February 2020
Thought was entertaining Thought was completely different compared to other films The female dragon was slightly different compared to other dragons Able to become into different Ability then males nice touch and loved ice breath
13 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dramatic🐲
catpantry21 February 2020
When Lukas gets out of bed one morning and steps into the kitchen. Hes says: someone took my parents out, now were going to make them pay. Willa, marks, kirby, aslo, arden, renuk, and kathryn all slap there arms on the table then break off to get ready in there rooms. Willa and kathryn got ready in the same room (girl time) put on each others lip stick. Marks, kirby, renuk, lukus, arden getting ready in the same room, shaving their faces with lighters, guy time. Aslo gets ready in a calm separated room.
6 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
6 to, maybe 9 year olds might enjoy this...
imizrahi20027 February 2020
But, considering today's youth and at least a generation younger...these that take good CGI for granted, having been nurtured at the breast of nintendos and beyond...they're used to more 'realism'. how's that for a paradox? oxymoronical as it gets...realistic video...mistaking the mirror for what casts the image...but so is the human condition...God's projection...our dream... in any case...as i was watching i realized....'ok...this isn't for me...but it WOULD be watchable for a nonjudgmental child... work with that any way that suits you...
10 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No tone and very awkward
passan-806701 November 2020
What ruined this movie was the fact that it had no tone and as a result, everything felt really awkward.

The tone of the movie was set up with the death of the main protagonists family. Dark right? Nope. The entire movie is filled with unfunny and very uncomfortable "funny" scenes. It was really awkward to watch.

The music was nice, but used very badly. There was a scene that dialog wise was supposed to be dramatic but the play some goofy music.

The dialog was sometimes good, but the delivery by the actors was ... well... nobody took this movie serious.

Also there was a lot of talking about the backgrounds of some "characters" but we as the audience never experienced it. It was most of the times very awkward when they suddenly broke out in some monologue about the past. Like this is an anime or something.

No choreography at all. The action was poorly shot and poorly executed.

This was supposed to be an adventure, but the movie took place in like 4 or 5 days. It does not feel like they had at journey at all.

Cinematography was boring. I like movies that are being shot outside, but the bad weather and bland environments were just eye sores.

CGI was on par slightly worse than the first Dragonheart movie.

The main character is the worst. His parents died, but except of some flashbacks we never experience his pain. I do not think he even cared. So the word Vengeance in the title was a lie.

I kinda liked the B-version of Velkhana. I do not know why.

This movie is not terrible. It is only the tone that kills it. If you have no issues with cringe and unfunny scenes/jokes, you will get some entertainment out of it.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great if youre bored
leantwon26 March 2020
It's funny. I'm actually a fan of all the Dragon Heart movies. But I think this one is my least favorite byfar. Ill give it points for being family friendly and lighthearted. The CGi is certainly better than DragonHeart 3 or 4.

But the dialogue was god-awlful and the pacing was atrocious. Some of the scenes were just overly corny. I just can't with this one.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Universal, really?
thomasselvik6 February 2020
What did i Just watch, Someone's important in universal let his grand son make a movie. Its Just bad, poor acting, horrific effects, dragon look like a rhino with wings, Just hillarious... Directing is grim at best. Stay away from this fantasy fans, the sword of truth is epic compared to this!!
10 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great family movie
btreakle29 October 2020
Loved this latest dragonheart movie. Fun for whole family with no vulgar language.
The best sequel
chokitpy12 July 2020
It's far from as good as the first one but definitely better than the other sequels. It's not perfect but the humor and characters make it pretty funny and entertaining. It also throws in a bit of twist to make the generic plot more interesting. It's far from perfect but it has some good ideas.

Very funny and the gory action is pretty cool.
Not A Clear Message
westsideschl5 April 2020
Writers tried to hit all viewer demographics by having attractive teens w/romantic interests alongside very nasty baddies who do the most horrible things to people which left this watcher kinda on the fence as to the movie's direction. The dragon was OK except maybe a little wishy-washy, but it gave somewhat reasonable philosophical/moral reasons for it's beliefs & actions. Except, when it came to the baddies. Obvious trouble if baddies are not dealt with appropriately, consequently, as it turned out, there were more problems. Acting, dialogue, overall script had more positives than negatives. CGI was OK.