Fear Street: Part Three - 1666 (2021) Poster

WTF are those accents
jon_anderson7717 July 2021
Every actor involved should be tried for hate crimes against the Irish. Not since Tom Cruise in Far and Away have the Irish been portrayed so badly, that said if you can get past the butchering of the accent (and you can be forgiven if you cannot and decide that hurling your TV out of a window after enduring 15 minutes of what can only be described as "animated leprechaun" is beyond unbearable) then you will find a half decent conclusion to the story. Good luck though.
126 out of 186 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As an Irish person I just couldn't...
peteleddy19 July 2021
Why the accents!? Why!? I honestly couldn't stand it. Its basically offensive to me. They could have just done a toned down American accent. Otherwise this is still a bad movie/trilogy. Copying elements from loads of horror movies isn't an homage unless the reference is on point, this is like a Gen Z kid that only saw the trailers of all the classic horror movies then tried to write one giving them all a wink. That and they've definitely never met an Irish person.
104 out of 155 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of 6 hours.....
luciem-6244218 July 2021
The trilogy massively peaked at part 2 so its all downhill from here.

The irish accents are just laughable. If you want to have the characters as irish immigrants then at least be sure they can do the accent. We had to put the subtitles on to understand what was being said.

The person playing Sarah is not a good actress which perhaps is why part 2 is the best in the series. The script is weak and predicable.

Honestly i only watched it as i had already suffered the other 2.
101 out of 153 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing after the improvement of Part 2
willcrabbe16 July 2021
After Part 2 I had some hope that this trilogy could be salvaged. Unfortunately, Fear Street Part Three: 1666 just serves to hammer the final nail in the coffin of the series.

The period setting felt like a mix of The Crucible and The Witch but didn't succeed at the style of either. The accents were awful as well. At least the production values were better than other period horror pieces I've seen recently (*cough* The Reckoning *cough*).

Mercifully, the obscene number of obnoxious needle drops is dramatically reduced from the previous two instalments (there aren't many bangers released during the 17th century to be fair), but they still manage to squeeze them in where they can.

The film does manage to link together everything into a full overarching narrative, but I can't help but feel that Part 2 was almost pointless to the overall story. This is quite ironic given that I thought the second part was the strongest part and the high point of the trilogy, but ultimately it'll just serve as a mildly entertaining interlude within a highly mediocre set of films. I wouldn't waste my time watching this trilogy, I didn't even really get much entertainment out of it and it felt like one giant slog.
170 out of 266 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Typical Netflix Production
noirink-1205416 July 2021
It's a typical Netflix Production. Decent budget, nice premise, nostalgic elements. Then the reality : At the beginning it looks promising, then it falls slowly apart but goes on and on until it feels like a chore to finish it. The story is dragged out and the twist are only surprising if one is truly not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.
134 out of 210 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The worst part of Ep1 is the whole plot of Ep3.
ryanlcross17 July 2021
The primary two actresses from Episode 1 are utterly unbelievable. Their accents in this movie are laughable along with much of the cast.

They get center stage again for episode 3 which bores us into oblivion with no scares, no real twists, and a waste of the audiences time.

Episode 1 was good enough, 2 was really good, and 3 is a train wreck. Very disappointing. Netflix should shoot for way better casting for its tent pole movies in the future.

The ending didn't help. It was predictable and again poorly acted. I seriously lowered my ratings of the first two movies after seeing how poorly the trilogy ended. Such a waste of time.
126 out of 203 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great first half, lame second half.
averylubocki17 July 2021
I really didn't like Fear Street part 1, but I really enjoyed part 2. Part 3 starts off really well. The 17th century setting was a breath of fresh air to me, and I loved that they were finally exploring the backstory of the witch. The cast was doing a really good job and there were a lot of great scary scenes. Then the second have takes a dive. The writing begins to plummit, characters start making stupid decisions, and the suspense carried from the first act starts to sizzle out. This film probably had the weakest climax out of all three films, and since this is the last one, thats not a good thing. I enjoyed the first half, didn't like the second. But if you've been enjoying the entire trilogy so far, you'll probably like this way more than me.
28 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fear the Worst
samuelwha17 July 2021
In some ways, it is difficult to pinpoint where the Fear Street films go wrong. They are pleasant looking enough, with that typical Netflix-cinematic look that is neither offensive, nor interesting. The story also is a similar brand of innocuous typicality, despite the series' penchant for homage often leaning a little too far into imitation. And while the films are never scary, they do bring an atmosphere that might seem vaguely appealing to horror fans.

Let me rephrase.

In most ways, it is difficult to pinpoint where, if at all, the Fear Street films go right.

"Fear Street: 1666," concludes Netflix's Fear Street trilogy in custom with the precedent laid out by the earlier two films; with a sloppily strung together mess of half-baked scares and substandard performances that never manage to elevate the lacklustre material.

It feels awkward to approach the Fear Street films with such scrutiny-they're just Netflix movies. But perhaps someone should have told that to writer/director Leigh Janiak before she developed these films into the unpleasantly self-serious entities that they are.

All three films, "1666," much included, never really figure out who they are intended for. In Janiak's heart of hearts, she must have wished to create the trilogy as a love-letter to the book series, and accordingly, to the now largely adult readers. This is apparent in the use of gore, sex and drugs that is distastefully smattered throughout the series in the most graceless of places. In any other manner however, it seems as though the films must be aimed at pre-teens. That is not to say that pre-teens would ever find themselves enjoying the mangled plot line that is only ever propelled by incessant teen drama, nor would they appreciate the performances and dialogue, which always seem to be in a constant race with one another to be the worst aspect of the film. And certainly, nobody would find themselves scared. But left then is the question of who is this series for? It is too gratuitous to be appropriate for younger individuals, too petty to appease older generations, and too insipid overall to satisfy just about any horror film enthusiast.

I've got a lot to say about Fear Street, but only so many ways to say it. The films are bad. In their aspirations to echo the slasher films of the 80s and 90s, they manage only to mimic the the carapace; in Fear Street's efforts to emulate, it unflatteringly juxtaposes itself against films that it has not the wit, charm or soul to compete against.

To the merit of "1666," however, this was the only film in the series wherein I felt that I could finally relate to the characters and story. After nearly six amalgamative hours of "Fear Street," films, it was reliving to finally have this moment, for as the credits rolled, I exited Netflix, turned off my computer, and realized that the three weeks were up, and that there were no more "Fear Street," films to come. In this way, I felt that I too had finally cast out a great evil that had plagued me for far too long.
76 out of 120 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
7-8-9 Trilogy
leong_tommy18 July 2021
I see lots of complaining, but I enjoyed it more and more along the way. It all made sense in the joining together of the story and most of all, it was very entertaining. For this 3rd installment, I give it a 9 for a good job bringing it all together and closing.
62 out of 98 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Two Movies in One
PyroSikTh16 July 2021
Part Three was possibly my favourite of the three movies, even if only for that first half which offered the most captivating and truly horrific story of the lot. While 1994 and 1978 were riffing off other movies, 1666 was forced to go in its own direction and explore an era of horror not touched upon enough in movies. The second part of the movie felt a little more formulaic, but it offered as satisfying a conclusion to the trilogy as anyone could hope for. I give Part Three an enjoyable but flawed 7/10. This still isn't an example of horror greatness, but the trilogy as a whole was definitely enjoyable, and had one of the best treatment/use of an LGBT relationship I've seen.
30 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The worst actress was the lead actress.
tonytangney19 July 2021
I didn't mind the LBGTQ stuff. It's pride month and all. I didn't mind the Irish accents. The early settlers were West Country, Devon, Dorset etc and that accent is really hard for Americans. The Irish is easier to do. I didn't mind the murky darkness that much. I just couldn't stand the lead actress. She made a poor story awful. She's really bad enabled by bad direction.
61 out of 99 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's just Okay
guitarist_kita17 July 2021
It's just okay, not good, not bad. But Kiana acting is quite bad for me, even Benjamin Flores act way better than her. Absolutely not Leading Actress type, dissappointing. But you know? If you get bored, and wanna watch something new, this is alright, Stranger Things type, but bad version.

This is the worse part from the trilogy, the second one (1978) is the best than this and the first one.
31 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A step back from part two yet better than part one (just)
paul-gibbons2217 July 2021
Gone are the wonderful presence of Sadie Sink and Emily Rudd. Kiana Madeira is once again thrust back into the lead. She gives it a go is probably the only nice thing I can say about her acting ability, you know when someone has "it" and when someone doesn't and she most definitely doesn't so the film sufferers greatly for this. Had a more capable actress been the lead I wonder what could have been as the overall story is decent.
32 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It was good!
gauraveve116 July 2021
I mean, its movies right.

Why people are hyper in other reviews? Giving negative reviews.

It is supposed to be a brainless slasher movie.

That was what "goosebumps" books were about, yes we were kids when we read it.

Why are you so much looking for sense in this movie, it doesnt has any though.

This trilogy is one time watch over a weekend or whenever you have time.
103 out of 191 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Utterly pathetic painfully boring laughable mess
TVfiend6916 July 2021
This one was even worse than the first one. Like, abysmal.

Absurdly stupid, amateurish lazy writing.

I legit think they couldve stuffed this "origin story" into a 5 minute flashback scene and put it into FS:1978. Carry over the ending from 666 to 1978. Get rid of a lil bit of walking and talking so it gets back down to 2 hours. I promise you the viewers wouldve only gained from it. Part 2 was actually pretty decent - it was a slasher with classic slasher elements. It seems 1666 was done purely to get more streaming money and they simply didn't care about the quality of the movie.
111 out of 210 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Accents that make your ears bleed. Just don't watch it.
markkullas19 July 2021
To start this off, I'll openly state that this is the lowest rating I've ever given a film. Most films I dislike, even hate, I simply just ignore, not wanting to spoil or taint the film for those who may enjoy it.

Now, with that out of the way, what follows can only be seen as an example of how truly disappointed I am in not only this film, but the filmmakers themselves.

Those accents, those damned darned "Irish" accents are the least convincing, and most insulting I've ever heard put to screen. When, oh when, will American's realise that they will never pull off a convincing Irish accent, and yet they never fail to try. While I typically find it frustrating to hear my accent so poorly done, I do enjoy hearing parodies or jokes at our expense. After all, we typically have a good sense of humour. So had this film been made as a comedy, I would have enjoyed it far more, because it is far from the serious film it pretends to be. It's hard to follow a storyline, when I can't understand half the accents, and I'm pretty sure the actors can't understand themselves either.

For clarity, I will now list several examples of more convincing "Irish" accents on screen; Gerard Butler in PS I Love You, Warwick Davis in Leprechaun, Mel Gibsons Scottish accent in Braveheart, Donkey from Shrek when he imitates his Scottish accent, a toaster when it pings.

All fine examples of better accents that I would be far less insulted had you said they sounded just like me. Infact, compared to this film, I would simply thank you for the praise.
32 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a good final film.
Sleepin_Dragon18 July 2021
The third and final installment, here we get to learn how and why Sarah Fier came to be.

It's a pretty good film, good to see members of the cast mixed up, and given something better to do. Better than the first, perhaps not as good as the second. It's a worthy conclusion, and gives us lots of answers.

Some great production values here, great buildings, and some fantastic costumes.

One gripe I have here, the shocking accents, it was hard to tell if they were trying to be Irish, Canadian or something a little more obscure.

Perhaps the single best scene of the three movies comes here, the moment of terror inside the church with The Pastor, it was incredibly macabre and unnerving, it certainly did shock.

Enjoyed it, 7/10.
25 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful trilogy, even for Netflix
shortythepimp-2685221 July 2021
To wrap this trilogy up...part 1 is a lame attempt at a scream movie, part 2 was a Tolerable Friday the 13th knock off and part 3 is almost unwatchable swing at being like the crucible. Part 2 I thought was a solid 6 star, part 1 was a solid 4 but part 3, was barley worth 2 stars. It was like it was written by a high school drama student at best. I'd say just save your time but to each their own.
23 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Is this a horror movie?
Darvener21 July 2021
While I was watching this part of this trilogy I was laughing because this story is so childish that I only laughed at it. I don't know how this movie have 6/10 because it looks like a 10 years old child wrote it. In this movie is bad vfx, story, screenplay and a director. This is garbage, nothing else. Editor is an idiot because editing is in this movie very bad.
28 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Neither good nor bad
akshatmahajan16 July 2021
Fear Street Part 3 was neither good nor bad.

Like previous parts, this part also had more potential but Netflix missed the opportunity. The storyline was alright and the execution was good, not great.

The cast did okay as a whole, however the lead characters are unlikable. Movie didn't have proper horror elements. It was just like a simple slasher movie. Emotional elements were missing, you may not even feel bad for any character when they die or are in difficult situation.

Overall, movie could have been much better if there would have been little bit better execution.
50 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A disappointingly clunky conclusion
benjaminskylerhill16 July 2021
This final chapter starts off darkly atmospheric and gradually falls victim to the oversights of its own audacious twists.

The plot revelations that take place here certainly answer some questions but ultimately are too inconsistent with the stories and character development of the previous two films to completely make sense.

Characters that were previously complex become cartoonishly simple, and characters that do get more development here unfortunately end up coming across as stupid because they continuously ignore obvious solutions to their problems.

By the time the credits started rolling, I was left asking about a dozen crucial questions that are completely ignored for the sake of wrapping a cutesy little bow on the end of the story.

What a shame that the terrific second film was followed up by this.
29 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
bad acting
poinla3716 July 2021
Too bad they kept the same actors from part 1 to play in this one... Sarah and Solomon especially are laughable at some point.

Overall, it's a bit of a disappointment... This one still has the same issues as the others. The main one being some era inconsistencies as you feel like you're watching a reenactment.
70 out of 136 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great finish to a great trilogy
kathyrosebullen16 July 2021
Ever since they advertised this I'd eagerly waited every week for the 3 instalments. Enjoyed them the entire way through. I'm not usually a fan of supernatural stuff but it's the slasher and gore that got me into it and I saw past all the ghosty bits. It's like Goosebumps for adults, all 3 are worth a watch!
128 out of 263 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not great
marioparty9018 July 2021
1994 was ok, 1978 was actually good, and the finale is more like the first, but even worse. I found this movie to be boring and more of a silly drama with bad acting than anything.
16 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well, hmm..
redzonia16 July 2021
So the first part was horrifically bad on just about all accounts. The second part was better and well this third one is, well, hmm.

The first half of the movie is interesting as it explains the whole background, but the accents are really bad and it's not an original story, but still it's alright. The second half is pretty predictable yet still it all comes together well. And only two songs this time were released after 1994.

It's a trilogy suitable for a lazy weekend.
30 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.