Jaanu (2020) Poster

(2020)

Very Well Remake jaanu
dhavalpithwa10 June 2021
Same Story But Shrwanand & samantha Very Well Perfomance ..... Great Acting But 96 Is Masterpiece.....Can't Beat #Vijaysetupathi......
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautiful movie
ksr-9182221 March 2020
Very well made touching movie that captures true love. Applause to Producers, Director, entire crew and actors. It is pretty sad that a trash movie like Sari ledu becomes a hit while this lovely movie failed at box office. Take a bow Sarvanand and Samantha. After Suhasini, Samantha is next best. Love the kind of the movies you choose and do.
Remake well made !!
ud21013 August 2020
Not a fan of Remakes but It's beautifully executed !! Samantha naturally and beautifully executed the role. Sharwa also Good as Ram .
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Somehow breaks your heart with a smile
manabrockz23 August 2020
I haven't watched 96 so I have nothing too compare. I won't indulge with the plot but reading some other reviews defining the character of Ram and Janaki, I just want to point that there isn't any instability in the plot, the direction and the pace how the plot moved was smooth and made the emotions vibrant. Trying to scrutinize the movie with Janaki being "sincere or cheating wife" is going against such sweet heartbreaking story. Yes, I won't disagree that they should move on but I can't call them and make them do that. They are not us so stop the comparison and try to feel it the way it is meant and then judge it.

The movie might give different kind of feel according to your age, marital status and past experiences and that is the beauty of it. The actors including the child and teen actors have all performed well.
Ok ok movie
bhanusriram22 February 2020
I think if people compared to 96 this movies not so interesting detail of delivery which is given by the Vijay sethupathi is ultimate we will be enjoy the 96 but jaanu I didn't feel much enjoy I felt little comedy dialogues also as it's like 96
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All about a Stalker and an Emotionally unfaithful wife.
bhaskarulichi13 April 2020
Ram and Jaanu are childhood sweethearts who meet at their school reunion after nearly two decades. Although initially awkward, they soon start recollecting their past and resolve their differences. The film was OK until it is revealed that Jaanu(Samantha) is already married and is having a daughter. I was so curious to how the director will handle this sensitive & challenging subject. The problem with this film is the same innocence of the characters that all "so called critics" raved about. some people even went on stating this film as a tribute to poor love or a beautiful love story. But I find this film so misleading because I've problem with both characters of Ram and Jaanu.

PROBLEM WITH JAANU: From the moment she arrives at the reunion and till she leaves, one can say that she's still in love with Ram. Is there anything wrong with that?-Depends on how she deals with it. 1. Throughout the film, she is just concerned about what happened after Ram and she parted ways and her regret about her choices. Only in one instance, she reveals about her husband. She says that her husband is understanding and a caring one. So that's it. Nothing is revealed about her daughter. Common, Does she love Ram more than her daughter? Her Husband and Daughter were sidelined as if they are irrelevant to Jaanu's life (and thus to the film) 2. She can talk to Ram. I've no problem with that. But, despite being a married woman with a daughter, her character behaves just like a single girl who desperately tries to rekindle her childhood romance. 3. When Ram's students mistakes her to be his wife and asks her to narrate their love story, she narrates an imaginative version where they are happily married. This is a very serious issue as she has emotionally cheated on her husband. 4. She even goes to Ram's house, cooks food for him and sings his favorite song. Though nothing physical happens, they kind of indicate that Jaanu hasn't yet matured enough to understand the gravity of her marriage and tends to be more of an emotionally unfaithful wife. Some people may say that Jaanu's husband has to be matured enough to understand her, But, in reality, Jaanu must be matured enough to understand how to behave with someone other than her spouse (Be it a Childhood Sweetheart/Crush/Ex). She should do things in the same way as she would do in the presence of her spouse. Did she?

PROBLEM WITH RAM: 1. From the beginning of the film, Ram is shown as an innocent,shy,sincere and a bit coward lover. However, he admits that he will automatically come to know everything about Jaanu as he had setup people who would pass on information about her. Jaanu doesn't seem to have problem with it. But she does have problem with other guys stalking her in the film (Shown in a flashback sequence). So, Ram is a stalker. Though he might think that Jaanu hates him (reasons shown in the flashback), he continues to stalk her. what if She has actually moved on but her secrets are being shared among a bunch of boys. That's serious crime, dude. 2. He reveals that once he ambushes and beats up a boy who subsequently gets hospitalised stirring up a police case, just because the other boy also loves Jaanu. It's common that a boy would go on rage against anyone who is in love with his crush. Talking to him or warning him, though sound stupid, are tenable. But beating him up is nothing short of a crime. Jaanu laughs it off, Because the other boy is not her brother or Ram. So, Ram is not as innocent or coward as he is depicted. He has deeper violent thoughts. 3, Ram never bothers to ask about Jaanu's husband or atleast her daughter. OK. I'm sorry. I forgot that Ram is not yet grown up and matured enough to understand the situation.

Finally, the director has succeeded in handling this sensitive subject. Because he tried so hard to justify the acts of unfaithfulness, emotional cheating, stalking and immaturednes ( in the name of love ) and succeeded in fooling the self proclaimed critics and most of the general audience.
4 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOT A PERFECT REMAKE.. BUT..
sidhusurepally7 February 2020
STORY Movie about Ram is head over heels on his high school sweetheart Jaanu. He never proposes to her and as time passes by, destiny keeps them apart. After fifteen long years, both Jaanu and Ram reunite through their school reunion. REVIEW This film is a remake of Tamil overwhelming blockbuster 96 starring VIJAY SETHUPATHI AND TRISHA as lead roles.. They played their perfectly.. Displaying heart touching emotions and lovely drama between them makes us overwhelmed by seeing the nostalgia...It was a real classic and magic.. Remaking the film is a real difficulty for the director..the main problem lies in the remakes films is the magic.. Most of the remade films fail to recreate the magic..JAANU audience can be divided..the one who saw 96 and the one who didn't see it.. Im in the first set of people.. I have witnessed 96 .. According to me the magic wasn't recreated.. but the acting..extra'excreta..was pretty perfect.. Second set of people who have not watched 96 can throughly enjoy this film without any abstractions.. The nostalgic episodes Of Jaanu was okay.. The boy who looks like Sharwa had done a decent job.. But lacks expression.. The girl who played younger Samantha was perfect..it was an overall frame to frame remake of 96.. VERDICT Can be tried.. Must watch if you haven't watch 96 RATING 3.5/5.0
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watch it if you've ever been in love
Vinodkrsingh5 May 2021
Jaanu is a beautiful romantic film, the romance between Ram and Jaanu is well-defined in the most beautiful way. Its a nostalgic trip filled with lots of beautiful moments and it also makes you ask yourselves if you can truly move on from some relationships.

This movie is all about pure love & emotions, full credit goes to the Director of the movie C Premkumar. Who made such a wonderful film.

Jaanu (Samantha) is awesome & Ram (Sharwanand) is also good.

Watch it if you've ever been in love.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A mature drama ably shouldered by Samantha
ravikiran-kothapalli7 February 2020
This is one of those rare films that will strike a chord with you whether you fell in love with someone from your school or not. A genuine remake of the Tamil superhit #96, Jaanu is a must watch only for Samantha. She is splendid as Janaki Devi and immediately owns the screen once she is on it. She is going to win a lot many awards for her role.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
PERFECT RECREATION OF THE SAME MAGIC.
aasripoolsolutions7 February 2020
Jaanu successfully achieves the same recreation of the magic which we previously witnessed in the tamil version. Sharwanand and Samantha were at their best in potraying the roles. The songs were soothful. The screenplay could be a bit slow for the telugu audience but the performances dominate everything. Gouri G kishan who played the younger version of Jaanu was so alluring and beautiful you cannot just take your eyes off her. BOTTOMLINE- go watch Jaanu for this valentine's day.
7 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I knew it before I watched it...
denmark-1691810 August 2021
This movie is so incredibly sad. But it's so beautiful and the acting is so incredible, I had to give it 10/10. Oh but my heart is breaking now.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This movie story melt my heart
kickshahid13 March 2020
Jaanu is a movie all about pure love with full of memories and emotions, full credit should be given to the director C Prem Kumar for making such unique movie, music by Govind Vasantha given life to this feel good love story, I am impressed with performances of Sharwanand and Samantha. Sharwanand is known for selecting unconventional and noncommercial scripts, shown lot of maturity in Ram character, his expressions are at next level while taking food in the scene where Jaanu offers her dinner plate to Ram at reunion meet. Also I liked the scene in Metro Rail Sharwa's turned his expression from smile to sad instantly as soon as he watches moving flight from window. In my opinion a hit movie is not measured in crores of business, in other hand it should carry with you while u leave the theatres, Jaanu is a movie will be with you even after reaching home, takes you through your memories, makes you feel good...
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Emotional Infedility
neethaquarian23 May 2020
Feel sad for Jaanu's husband. Clearly Jaanu hasn't moved on. Most of us have fallen in love at some point, but can't cling onto it n then marry some one else. Love is love, we should stop calling first love as the supreme one, it is injustice to all other ppl who loved u, sacrificed for u n tried to make u happy. Infact Ram did the right thing by not marrying n it's better he remains single, if he can't get Jaanu out of his mind.
Feel good movie
kishorevenkishore28 April 2020
Feel good movie. Liked to core. Neat and good love story.
Simply mediocre remake of 96
siddharthvsrd2211 April 2020
Please watch 96 instead. Sharwanad delivered an amazing performance whereas Samantha delivered a very underwhelming performance and to be honest, destroyed the character of Jaanu. I am saying this being an admirer of Samantha. But please watch 96 instead. It is brilliant even if it is slow. But this movie just made a slow movie even slower and made it boring...
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing
neetuchoudhary-9031310 June 2021
Even Samantha couldn't lift this scrap . Don't watch this movie. It doesn't worth it. 90s level romantic movie.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jaanu great
Behnam-sh20505 February 2021
It was one of the best and most beautiful movies I saw. A dramatic, romantic and meaningful film. Peace be upon its creators.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't get the original feeling ruined
wimarshana23 May 2020
Those who watched 96' don't watch this. It will ruin the pure nostalgic romance you recalled while watching 96'.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Change and fate are uncontrollable
chouhanankit-2584222 July 2020
An emotional tale of love which leaves you with teary eyes and a heavy heart.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor direction, super slow and nonsense
tsan198411 February 2020
Utter garbage. Movie is super slow, direction is awful, there is no story and Samantha along with Sharwa is terrible. The story just doesn't move at any point.
2 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste time. Watch the original instead.
sohokrish14 March 2020
Please don't waste time. Original is classic, this one is terrible. The should have kept it as 96 batch instead of 2004. There is no connect at all.
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
💓 touching movie
tirthadas-2061330 June 2020
Combination of Mind-blowing emotions, heart touching songs & a sweet-sad true love story make me cry atlast. It is really an awesome & one of the best movie I'v ever seen. Everyone's acting was so good. Thank you for giving this feelings..... Everyone must see.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Three hours of good sleep
valuorange12 February 2020
Slow paced movies. Acting was good but the movie was dam slow. The whole theater was sleeping. Classics shouldnot be touched.
2 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not match 96 movie
mh-9565418 August 2021
The filings of the original movie is not available here Not as perfect as the acting and the original movie.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cleanses you!
cheesyme21112 February 2020
Imagine doing this: You are on a fast food diet intentionally for five years. All you get to eat is McDonalds, KFC and everything that qualifies as junk that you can buy. And then five years later you walk home and you get to eat food your mom cooked. If you really can imagine the joy that meal gives you, you will complain that I used the word joy. You would tell me use a stronger word because joy just does not cut it. Bliss.. May be?

This movie is that! Love in its true elements. Pure. It cleanses you...
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.