Bad Trip (2021) Poster

(2021)

Hilarious, had me laughing so hard I was crying.
chrismerrick75920 June 2020
This is a must watch for anyone who's a fan of the show, or anyone who loves hidden camera pranks. As a huge Eric Andre fan, this movie delivered everything I expected and more. I'd say it's as good as the pranks in the Eric Andre show or better. I was laughing so hard I was crying at some of the segments. The way they pranks are orchestrated and the reactions they get from people are amazing. I haven't laughed this hard at a movie since watching Borat.
114 out of 142 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hour & A Half Eric Andre Episode!!
kfriot17 May 2020
Don't watch this if you're stuck up. This movie is hilarious and the 1 reviews are ridiculous. If you are going to give this movie a 1 you shouldn't have watched it in the first place. If you know Eric Andre you know what you're getting yourself into. Amazing movie
92 out of 123 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
the most i laughed during quarantine
imat-0415314 May 2020
This is not my kind of humor or something i would watch, but i really liked it and found it funny. sure, it was a bit cringy at some points but there was meaning behind the cringe. i really enjoyed it and I am really happy i got to watch it because it genuinely made me feel a little bit better while locked down
71 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We need more movies like these.
VOIIIXI3 May 2020
I absolutely love The Eric Andre Show and I love movies likes that, where it's hidden cameras and everything, it's a very underrated Genre of movies, back in the day there were the awesome Jackass movies and some time ago Bad Grandpa, it's a bummer they don't make them anymore. Thankfully this movie absolutely delivers, it's hilarious and fast paced. Eric and Lil Rel are great together, especially Eric Andre, this man is a legend. If you like movies with this style and you liked Bad Grabdpa and you like hidden camera prank movies then definitely watch this one. An actual funny movie for a change.
48 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Eric Andre Show Movie
ramselvaraj2 May 2020
If you liked the style of humor in The Eric Andre Show you will thoroughly enjoy the movie. The plot is simple but doesn't detract from the humor in any way. It is a must watch if you like Eric and his style of humor.
47 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's stupid fun and it's really good!
bibingraj1 May 2020
Basically many pranks are stitched together using a buddy trip plot. And the whole setup is just blind, stupid entertainment. Everybody knows the whole thing is stupid and vulgar, but it's about going along with stupidity and absurdity of all this. We can laugh hard knowing that the whole thing is stupid fun. It's not about the best joke line or the best prank, it's the whole setup!

Any valid criticism would be how they managed to pull off without getting recognised. Even one person recognising and raising their voice can kill the whole shot.

Also comparison with Bruno, Borat is not reasonable as they had social messages at underplay with a specific topic. Here it's just about entertainment only, nothing to reveal about the people or society.

I am believing the whole thing is real. Hidden camera shoots + pre shot scenes of the actors.

The actors have all done a great job. Overall just stupid, great fun. Just switch off your brains and watch.
42 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Eric Andre fans will love this
ellz-3930121 June 2020
Absurdist comedy done right, great time and pretty hilarious!
38 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sacha Baron Cohen would approve of this
axlerod8820 April 2020
If you are a big fan of Borat then the endless, gross, staged pranks will really appeal to those that appreciate that type of humor. This movie is in the same vein as Borat, a buddy road trip movie. Our protagonist sees his childhood crush one day while at work but his own stupidity gets in the way. He laments his missed chance & when the opportunity for them to reconnect again presents itself, no matter the obstacle, he finds a way to make this happen with his best friend in tow.

Just like Borat, all the main characters in the movie play it straight while hoisting the gags on an unsuspecting public & I was quite impressed with how far they really pushed the envelope while staying in character. The story line is a tried & true one but because all the jokes were so over the top & outrageous that I couldn't help but laugh all the way to the end. If you like your jokes crude. fast & vulgar then this won't disappoint.
49 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than expected
Ashitaka13724 April 2020
This could had gone so wrong, but it turned out to be very funny.
37 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Comedy Genius
kylezrunyon29 March 2021
Of course it's goofy... not every amazing movie has to be some boring Oscar nominee. The idea of having the plot of a goofy comedy tie into pranking random people along the way is genius and I honestly haven't laughed this hard in years. I am so glad I decided to click on Bad Trip!
20 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jackass meets Borat... and it works.
calumthain715 July 2020
It's hard to capture a story and good pranks at the same time, pulled of well in 2, maybe 3 movies in this past. This joins them.
26 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Super fun & Must watch.
kunal007200518 April 2020
No point in the movie where you feel like you are getting bored. All the time movie is entertaining & make you laugh a lot. From the past few days, i didnt any good movie but this one made my friday awesome. We want another part lol in the future whenever possible.
47 out of 89 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Omg i did not expect to laugh that hard!
jimmyb-0329929 March 2021
This film was hilarious! My ribs hurt from laughing so hard! I woke up everyone in the house from laughing so loud! Funniest thing ive watched in a long time..
18 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you are a fan of eric andre, you will love this
joacoiudica13 June 2020
The story itself is pretty simple and I'm certain he focused on the pranks, that are hilarious. Personally I enjoyed a lot this movie. 10/10
27 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Eric Andre does it again.........
Ham90002 May 2020
I would've liked it more if Hannibal Buress was involved, but it's still hilarious either way. The pranks were pretty clever, the chemistry between Andre and Howery felt genuine, and I have to give credit for Tiffany Haddish for being funny for once. The first act of the film was sort of an issue for me, because it felt more like Impractical Jokers than Eric Andre. But when the film picked up the pace, I was laughing so hard, that I swallowed my throat lozenge, and I thought I was gonna die.

7/10, funny as hell.
25 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely bonkers
pocketdragon-3118929 March 2021
Some of the pranks had me really laughing, proper belly laughs.

The story, as expected is a bit naff but the comedy more than made up for it. It has an element of Bad Grandpa/Jackass.

The looks on the faces of some of the members of the public was priceless and the ending, whilst the credits were running was amusing to. These guys are insane!!!

Well worth a watch if the TV is naff as I'm certain you will laugh.
16 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Clearly staged, apart from the easy non-funny stuff...
ejrl-0180627 April 2021
The film's catch is that it has real reactions from the public, but most of it is clearly staged with hired actors and it's so obvious. I found myself wondering if you're supposed to know it's staged, but I couldn't see how that would be funny.
13 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A FEW GOOD MOMENTS
acowdontmakeham15 June 2020
If you come to this film having seen the brilliant Eric Andre show you will be well disappointed. A strange hybrid of of goofball comedy and hidden camera reality show it never quite decides which one it wants to be. A few funny moments but that's the best I can say about it which is a shame.
18 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kinda OK. Had a couple of funny moments.
t-0974730 March 2021
There were a couple of good pranks that made me laugh but most of them were lacking good ideas and people's reaction was not interesting at all. I wish they spent more time trying. As I can see, they took only two or three shots and chose the best. Often there was really nothing to choose from but they needed to fill the gaps in the movie. It was not that bad after all but lost its drive quite quickly. I had to struggle to watch it through the second half to the end.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really clever, doesn't deserve 1's
aussieblob23 April 2020
Loosen up and get ready to laugh. Keep yourself open at the start, till you realise what's happening. I gave it a 9 as I don't think it deserves all those 1's seriously. A lot of effort when into this and just to put a One Star is ridiculous.
23 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
'Harold and Kumar' 2021 version with pranksters?
ikadery13 May 2021
The film had a brisk start, in the beginning it promised so much, the real-life pranks were well executed. It was refreshing to see real, genuine expressions from common people, which is rarely seen nowadays in mainstream movies. Stylistically the film was refreshing for the first 20 minutes, then it's steam kind of ran out, what the rest of the film would be was very predictable. It was fun for the first 20 minutes or so, but after that it became a drag, for those who have watched 'Harold and Kumar' it would feel even worse, because they have already seen the almost same thing before. Anyway, there is no complaint about the acting, and the pranks were executed deftly, but apart from that there is nothing much to talk about this film.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Should I Laugh
bunnysharman11 May 2021
Was that a Comedy movie no humour nothing only Adult weird Thing To be Done on Screen totally Horrible.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This movie is insane
jrnorris-8812415 November 2020
The amount of orchestration and creativity that was put into this movie is literally insane. One of the best movies I have seen in a long time!
14 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's like the movie Philadelphia, but different.
thezapper_bam29 March 2021
Watch both movies back to back and you'll get what I mean.
12 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yeah... no.
kake200029 March 2021
I really like Eric André, but this movie didn't work on quite a few levels. I don't even want to waste any more time by commenting this in a more detailed way, but I will say this: if you like Eric André, go watch his Show. Bad Trip sure doesn't do the same job. The three stars are for the 3 laughs it produced.
14 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.