Last Night in Soho (2021)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 34 items
|MPAA||Rated R for bloody violence, sexual content, language, brief drug material and brief graphic nudity|
Sex & Nudity
- There are references to sexual exploitation where women are implied to have been forced to sleep with men. This is not shown.
- There is a scene where an older man is seen kissing a girl in a telephone booth
- Another implied scene of oral sex where a person is seen putting her head at a man's crotch with movements depicted.
- A woman and a man kiss passionately in a bathroom. The man begins to kiss the woman's neck.
- A long scene of 7 women in scandalous clothing (essentially a strapless one piece bathing suit) dancing seductively in front of a large crowd of men. Top half of breasts are exposed. Close up of a woman bending over to expose buttocks only covered by a thong. THIS scene takes place in a play, so it is not as serious as it could be.
- A man tries to force himself on a character, she screams for him to get off repeatedly. He eventually does. No nudity.
- A woman wears a pink sheer dress which shows her nipple in one scene.
- Brief glimpses of male genitalia - and in a scary context in the distance (its a ghost's genitalis, and isn't sexual).
- Young woman is shown twice in bra only when she is changing her clothes.
- Sexual content in the film really isn't that graphic apart from some graphic nudity. People kiss passionately a couple of times, there are two sex scenes that almost happen but then it gets interrupted and a quick glimpse of a woman giving oral sex, this is shown from the back and while you know what's happening it isn't really graphic and it's quick.
Violence & Gore
- Several scenes involve knife violence, with throats slit with large blood detail including a suicide.
- There are some depictions of knife stabbings on the chest and abdomen, with brief bloodshed seen.
- The violence in the film consists of the use of knives. The scenes described above are moderately bloody, but they are the only ones.
- A man slits a woman's neck.
- All of the violence is condensed into basically the second half (more specifically the last third), and is only present in two scenes.
- A quick montage shows many people being stabbed in the neck and face repeatedly at different times. This is very graphic and bloody but also brief.
- Somebody is suddenly hit by a car. Their hair is shown with blood in it, and the lower half of their face is seen covered in blood, but nothing else is shown. Their fate is unknown. This scene is predictable and can be seen in the trailer of the film.
- There's really about two scenes of violence that are bloody but very brief. The blood onscreen lasts for all but five seconds in each scene. Could possibly be PG-13 rated, If it weren't for the fact that the film talks about sexual exploitation.
- The violence is brief but very graphic including multiple uses of knife violence with stabbings and throats being slit. All of this happens in the final act of the film.
- 20 uses of "fuck" and 3 explicit uses of "cunt" in a derogatory manner.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A character is seen injecting a syringe deep into his veins.
- A group of friends snort cocaine in a bathroom together.
- Characters drink vesper martinis
- It is implied that somebody is handed a drink spiked with a hallucinogen, and we see them drink it unknowingly and experiencing a disturbing trip.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The film features a focus on psychological mental horror including some references to self-harm and suicide.
- A lot of the movie deals in sexual harassment and mistreatment towards women. A lot of the dialogue and actions can be disturbing and frustrating, as a woman is repeatedly taken advantage of.
- Throughout the movie, there is an image of greyed out masculine figures who are shown with distorted and blurred out faces, which are actually many faces put onto one. This is creepy, and shows up many times throughout the movie.
- A sequence with strobes should be noted for audiences with epilepsy.
Violence & Gore
- One of the protagonists is seen with their neck slit.
- A woman is stabbed repeatedly after clawing a man's face. There is lots of blood spurting and covering her, and the image of her bloody body is shown multiple times. This scene is later revisited where she stabs the man in the neck and chest repeatedly, with lots of blood pouring out onto her. Both sequences are very bloody.
- Later in the end, it is revealed that one of the characters is a serial killer, in a montage, it shows all the people that were killed with blood spraying all over the place when they get stabbed.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- It is revealed that a woman was raped repeatedly.
- The Plot Twist is very Shocking and will Unsettle some viewers
- Near the end, when Eloise gets in her room, hands start coming off the floor and grab her, and figures with no eyes at all that scream start breaking in from the wall. A hand grabs Eloise from the bed and pulls her into the bed, with hands in the bed grabbing her whole body, and more figures start breaking in. Really disturbing.