Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 28 items
- Be the first to add a certification
Sex & Nudity
- A man is naked while working out in the woods. Nothing but the upper part of his butt is seen.
- A character makes a remark about hooking up with one of his female peers, only to be shot down the next moment.
Violence & Gore
- A lead character is wearing a mink stole throughout the entirety of the film, defending her use of it in the beginning with natural selection and Darwinism.
- A man and woman wrestle each other very violently in the climax.
- There are a couple physical interactions between the victims and the hunters wherein people are killed or very heavily injured.
- A woman is sprayed in the face with acid and the reactions to it are shown on screen.
- A man is killed when a crossbow fires a wooden arrow right through his throat. His death is dramatic and gruesome.
- A man is killed offscreen by a shotgun blast.
- A man punches his brother in the face in front of their family, giving him a bloody nose.
- A man is stabbed through his eye and held until he dies.
- Several people are shot, stabbed, injured by hand combat, or a crossbow's arrow.
- A man's neck is snapped.
- A man tries to ascend up a tree when he falls but his foot gets caught between a branch and tree and he hangs upside-down by his foot for a long time.
- A man is knocked unconscious by a man with a heavy tree branch.
- A man is shot in the face and the resulting injury is very graphic.
- Profuse language throughout the film.
- Some brief homophobic slurs.
- Some derogatory comments referring to the "help".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Many family members at a get-together can be seen drinking casually.
- A woman's drinking addiction is made fun of and brought up to reflect on her behavior.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Many suspenseful moments where characters are being chased and hunted by two strange men with guns, knives, and a crossbow.
- The first scene contains a very suspenseful and horrifying scene wherein a traveler stumbles upon a ritual. Nothing is seen but the violence is implied.
- A family finds pleasure in the deaths of complete strangers from a remote location, betting on which of their family members will kill the most at the end of the day. This is a psychological film about perspectives and the nature of good vs evil will so this should really separate the bad people unwilling to participate from those fabricating the entire event.
Violence & Gore
- A man suffers from a poisonous frog interaction and gradually falls into a weakened state. He later shortens his pain and is killed by a crossbow's arrow through the heart.
- A man is hit in the head with a rock and later stepped on by a steel-toed boot, then later finished with a knife to the chest.
- A man is shot through the leg with an arrow and his throat is slit moments later.
- A boy's dog is shot and killed.
- A man is attacked by a snake (offscreen) and slowly dies.