Trauma Center (2019) Poster

(2019)

Horrible movie.
alexalex-447086 December 2019
WHAT happened to Bruce Willis and his acting?! This was a disaster from start to finish.
102 out of 135 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent female driven single location thriller
DirrrrectAmySeer128 December 2019
Slick shots and the slow build up of atmosphere turn a mundane hospital into something threatening and scary for the heroine. Bruce's character wasn't needed but I get why he's in it. Otherwise, the story kept my attention and was done well as a single location thriller. 5/10 for me.
81 out of 109 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad
mjsreg18 December 2019
This movie is OK but Bruce Willis' acting is very ham. I have no idea why all of a sudden he seems to have lost the ability to portray a believable character.

Apart from that, Nicky Whelan carries this movie from start to finish with superb acting. Unfortunately, the story is a bit sparse in depth.

OK to watch if it comes on telly, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see this again.
40 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad movie
nammur7 December 2019
This movie is badly made, all actors and actresses are not performing, they are just reading their lines. The movie is full of errors, flaws, contradictions and exaggerations. It seems like it was directed by 10 years old kid.
79 out of 109 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Solid Action/Thriller romp
cartersubmkre8 December 2019
Decent acting, great camerawork and at 85 minutes the pacing is brisk. For what it is, it's actually one of Bruce's better recent action/thriller programmers. Granted the lead actress carries the show. It's mostly about her suspenseful and tense chase from the bad guys who are after her inside the hospital.
76 out of 111 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
At least Willis wasn't bored or falling asleep in this one
TheTopDawgCritic9 December 2019
This film was clearly a 'very' low budget B-grade film based on the few location sets, but had a fairly decent supporting cast for a change. Good to see Tito Ortiz and Steve Guttenberg, but Nicky Whelan definitely stole the show. I'm not sure why Willis was even in this film, but at least he didn't seem bored or falling asleep in this one compared to the previous bunch I've seen him in.

Novice director Matt Eskandari was fairly decent behind the camera, but needed to direct his cast better. The writing by newb Paul Da Silva was atrocious. Sure it was his first writing credit, but out of the almost 30 producers, you'd think at least one would've suggested a read-through by a seasoned screenwriter before going to action.

The 87 min is normally a decent runtime, but to have that time in such a plot-riddled nonsense seen-it-many-times-before unnecessarily long dragged out scenes wannabe Die Hard in a hospital *finally takes a breath* story, made me begging for the ending many times. As predictable as it was, I was hoping at least for a fun twist or something, but instead, we got Willis a role for a character that wasn't really even needed.

For an amateur extremely low budget B-grade film, it still had its moments. It's a generous 6/10 from me, and certainly undeserving of all these 1's and 2's, especially considering some new filmmakers gave it their best.

To see more of my 1000+ ratings and 700+ reviews, click on my username.
37 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
B grade movie.
dogfood45426 January 2020
The music/score is right out of the 80's action movie. The first 30 mins are just the setup to justify the action sequence. It's not a bad thing it's just stupid how things where set up. Anyone who has had a asthma attack without meds and ended up in hospital never does it again. Drowning on land as your lungs fill with liquid and thinking your about to die is not something you forget or want to experience again. 3 times in a month! BS. Doctor taking his glasses off. BS. Robbers leaving $40K and only taking the phone. BS. It's just a bad script with bad music/score. Looks like Bruce Willis will be in anything now.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bruce, what happened?
kingofavalon7 December 2019
Did you loose a bet? One of the worst films I've ever seen.
63 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If I was taken hostage and they played this movie I would tell them everything they want to know and then beg them to end my life
mintarec7 December 2019
It is truly unbelievable how this movie managed to get released. It is with all honesty really really bad. The acting was probably the biggest disappointment. While turning on this movie I didn't have many expectations. It was supposed to be the movie you play in the background while doing something else. But this movie could not even fulfill this role. It was cringe worthy and honestly just sad to look at.
58 out of 87 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Elevated/stlyish B-movie 'Cat in Mouse' thriller
TrevorTT534258 December 2019
Took down a glass of ice cold bourbon and sat down to watch this with no expectations. A simple but compelling premise which obviously harkons to "die hard in a" type scenarios. From a technical standpoint the movie is very competently designed. Stylish camera moves, NO annoying shaky cam or constant fast editing that destroys so many of these low budget action thrillers. The single location was well utilized to maximized effect.

The director elevated the look/tone and style in a great way. The acting was decent as well, Nicky as the heroine being the standout. Bruce is playing Bruce(John McClaine) as usual but nothing of standout from him here. The major weakness was from the script, it works as a boilerplate chase thriller but needed a couple more surprising twists or turns. I almost expected Bruce might even turn out to be a villain but that never happens. A missed opportunity imo. Otherwise, this is worth a watch if you want something tense, suspenseful and unexpectedly well crafted. 6.5/10
51 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The worst performance in the worst Bruce Willis' movie...is he on a Hollywood black list
petarthegreat-885274 January 2020
The story is as if 4th-grade children wrote it... complete disrespect for common logic and common sense.

I am worried that this is the end of him...
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie for a rainy day.....if you really have nothing else to watch
jezeimer9 December 2019
"Trauma Center" is definitely a B budget film. Truly the only redeeming part of the movie is the acting of Nicky Whalen. The rest of the cast were painful to watch and Bruce Willis was at the level of Steve Guttenberg, which is just sad to even type. I'm not sure if it was the writing, the directing, or just his "I don't give a dang" approach to movies anymore...but it was painful to watch. He used to be a favorite of mine but lately...no.

The overall premise of the movie is good, but lots of ridiculous portions of the film that caused it to be unbelievable. The main character spends the movie trying to avoid the bad guys but the entire time she is about the loudest person trying to escape...and also goes between doing the dumbest stuff to being really smart at the flip of a switch.

Big plot gaps include things like she's bleeding profusely but no blood trail is ever on the floor for the bad guys to follow; The good cop knows she has a sister in the hospital but never puts her under protection or checks in with her; bullet isn't removed from her leg in the ER but is planned to be done the next day; SD card drops from a pocket and is noticed missing (you aren't going to feel that drop out of your pocket).

If you can ignore the major issues, and the bad acting, it's not a complete waste of time on a rainy day. But it better be a last option in my opinion.
33 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thrilled with this thriller
staunton-gary21 December 2019
Not a bad movie overall, well worth the watch.

Dropped a few stars because of some of the bad acting. Not sure what is going on with Bruce Willis, but it's like he's forgotten how to act. I hope that he wasn't paid a lot for this movie, his performance almost wrecked it. Shame on you Bruce. He wasn't the only actor having issues.
21 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tense and well shot
YouelleArge999 December 2019
This surprised me. Didn't know a simple concept could keep me on the edge. The hospital was well shot and there was only a couple gory scenes.... when Madison had to perform surgery to remove her own bullet(ouch). Otherwise it's mostly some horror/chase sequences and couple fight scenes. Honestly was a little too predictable in the end and too short.
23 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Small scale 'Die Hard' in a Hospital
movieseed7 December 2019
Isn't not hard to jump into this one from the premise if a brisk/tense thriller is what you're after. It's got a well acted ensemble and of course Mr. Willis has small cameo as a grizzled Detective. Best parts are watching Nicky as the heroine doing her best to survive and fight back against the corrupt cops. Tito surprised me with how menacing he was. Impressive action and well shot cinematography for whats a smaller budget.
50 out of 82 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you have nothing else to watch and are bored...this might do.
Boristhemoggy22 January 2020
The story is pretty damned stupid. A massive and all night chase inside closed floors of a hospital, by 2 burly, armed cops who can't outwit a slim young unarmed woman several times. Several people are killed including a policeman and a security guard and no-one seems to notice. The action is piecemeal and not very well directed, although you can't help feeling a bit of sympathy for the main character, Whelan. Bruce Willis is the 'hero' who's acting is absolutely 3rd rate. I was actually slightly ashamed for him, it was embarrassing to watch and I am sure that on many occasions he was reading his lines (badly) from a screen in view. This is a 3rd rate B movie which was probably just a payday movie for Willis. Oh how the mighty fall.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Utter Nonsense
nwold-905776 December 2019
The film starts of bad and only gets worse. Terrible story, shoddy directing and a actor who has forgotten how to act.

The final straw for me is at the point when one of the police officers just realises he's lost a micro SD card. It is the biggest load of drivel I have ever seen.
76 out of 135 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An absolute train wreck of a movie
roosjohan-525067 December 2019
The dialog and the script of this movie is absolute bonkers; loose a micro sd card in a major hospital, oppositie party finds it on a floor midst action fighting for her life... and rather randomly the bad guy midst another dialogue suddenly pads his chest and bursts out "i lost the memory card"!?! How the hell did he "feel" that. I cant even find a micro sd card on my desc if i placed it there myself.... Ha ha ha, this is the the worst movie i have seen in a very long time. RIP Bruce Willis
35 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well crafted tense chase thriller in a hospital
LeonardiLeo3457 December 2019
The story is chase into the maze of the abandoned levels of a trauma center hospital. There isn't a lull in the action although, to be honest, the premise is fairly straight forward. That doesn't take away from going along for the ride. Madison Taylor (Nicky Whelan) is a struggling waitress trying to take care of her younger sister Emily (Catherine Davis) after their mother has passed. Taking a bullet to the leg she is rescued by Det. Steve Wakes (Bruce Willis).

Willis pops up periodically as a policeman trying - and mostly failing - to keep Madison safe. But he ultimately proves to be a distraction from the scenes in the film that work best, in which the heroine tries to make use of the scant resources of an under-stocked medical facility to beat the bad guys and survive.

Nothing crazy or surprising but it works as a well executed and tense action thriller.
45 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Total cral
pyrofx-161477 December 2019
Has to be one of the worst movies ever made. Don't waste any of life's precious minutes on this loser show.
38 out of 66 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This sucked!!
deztheactor16 February 2020
I love me some Bruce Willis, but this was the absolute WORST acting that I've ever seen him do! The script sucked bc there was just.... too much stupidity! Meaning, very very unbelieveable choices. Hey, bloody girl being chased, make as much noise as possible bumping into stuff and knocking things over! Dude, you have NO IDEA where you dropped it, but you assume she found this little piece of something; THAT, in NO WAY could you feel missing from your person merely by patting your chest! Bad script, bad acting, ridiculous decisions... must be nice to know EPs with money to waste!$!
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a terrible movie, worst I have seen in many years.
psxexperten28 January 2020
Bruce Willis' last nail in the coffin as an actor. Isn't it better to quit when you are on top of your career instead of play in this low budget crap? This is the stupidest movie i have ever seen. Garbage acting, Garbage writing, and garbage plot.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I need a visit to a Trauma Center after watching this piece of crap.
I can't believe i didn't fall asleep on this movie, the only thing that kept me up was to see if this movie could get any more worse and it sure did. This must I say was the worst movie of the decade, I cant really just blame Mr Willis for this incredible bad movie. Everyone on this movie should start doing something else. Just dont do any more movies,, and What the hell Liongate...Really??
Bread and Butter genre fare
KevinReal3109 December 2019
The story has been told many times and the script is simplistic, bordering on clichés - but with some deft direction, camerawork and a great lead actress to anchor it all, it gels nicely into a tight 80 min thriller. Don't expect a Bruce Willis star vehicle, he's not in much and probably would have done without but that's not how these movies get made. The Puerto Rico vibe added some fresh environments to it as well. Overall, I'd say this was a decent thriller that hits all the right notes for a bread and butter genre fare.
22 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
OK - Bruce, retire with grace!
contactmaz6 December 2019
But after making this film, just retire...

It looks like you've forgotten how to act Bruce (not that you were a good actor anyway), and those idiot cops who can't even talk properly are just as bad.

How can you pat your jacket and realise an SD card is lost? Ha! This film is a joke from start to finish. In fact, just as bad as those balloon lips on Madison's sister.

OMG - dreadful, simply dreadful!
59 out of 115 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.