Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (2020) Poster

Scorpion's Revenge is BADASS
bhernandez221613 April 2020
I wasn't expecting a perfect R-rated animated film. It has all the badass moments, incredible fight scenes, and humor, and they also show one of the best bloody gory fatalities that I enjoyed and they actually delivered it very well. Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge is an awesome animated film to watch.
158 out of 175 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All I can say is i hope they more
digitalpimp612 April 2020
When I started watching it and seen it was WB,I knew it wasn't going to be cheap. I was blown away by it.I've been waiting for something good to come out of Mortal Kombat forever, and boy did I get it. All the characters ya know from the series and they didn't hold back at all with the blood and gore you would expect from MK. Its the best MK movie ever made hands down. I only hope WB stays with MK and makes many more of its caliber.
119 out of 136 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WTF
eventlaunch12 April 2020
I loved it, now why cant live action do screenplays like this amazing animated movie please continue series
119 out of 142 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Extremely fun movie, too bad that it's too short
guilhermeribsilva17 April 2020
I absolutely loved it, it's not perfect but it's great, the fight scenes are full of impact and gruesome moments, the humor in this animation (most of it comes from Johnny Cage) is also a positive, the main character... Well, I love Scorpion but I really think they could have gave him more depth, maybe it was limited because of the movie's length which is way too short but, that's probably why it's so fun.

It's a fast-paced, impressive and very entertaining movie, loved it.
47 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfection with a minus
Sunnylight01716 April 2020
Everything in this movie is done exactly as in the games - the story, the gore, the characters, the character quotes, the fatalities.

But it is too short. I wanted more. And still, I give it a 10 because no one has ever done something so good based on a video game ever.
58 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice Action Pack Movie
novablast-3059012 April 2020
Very well done! Stuck to the story line and entertaining from beginning to end! Definitely recommended!
71 out of 86 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
brutal animation
wazim-9259412 April 2020
Surprisingly good for an animation, probably better than the films. Excellent effects and descent story line to go with it.
63 out of 77 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Animated Mortal Kombat movie
rjcattermole9112 April 2020
Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge is everything you want in a Mortal Kombat Animated movie: Bloody action, bad language, everything. It is so good. The movie does not deserve a 6.6. It deserves a 10 out of 10.
88 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
GET OVER HERE
robbnsjeanz12 April 2020
One of the best animated series, please continue, we need more.
70 out of 90 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Enjoyed a lot
cocmak12 April 2020
The action scenes were totally epic and spine-shivering..... enjoyed alot love the story line and the well built character background 👌
48 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
milosmicovic13 April 2020
Loved every second of it. If only was the live action movie like this. 😊
47 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
educallejero18 April 2020
We have here the same story, more or less, but with the liberties that animation gives to the writers, plus the Scorpion plot integrated. That means more characters, more action, more fan service, and a bit more story too.

And it is perfect. The animation quality is off the charts. I love the designs, but that depends on the viewer. The bloody battles, the humor, the fast pace, the craziness. Everything works.

I guess some voice actors are better than others (Sony and Shang Tsung are kind of weak, Scorpion and Cage great, the rest more than fine). The score is good but not awesome, and the dialogue is what you can expect (serviceable to advance the story and not much more than that). What this movie does is this: I want more animated Mortal Kombat movies, and I'm desperate to see if they can translate this level of passion for the IP to the live action movies. I can't conceive how a fan wouldn't like it. I don't know about non fans.

Thanks. Thanks for this.
22 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More then what I though it would be!!!!
cruz-3083214 April 2020
This movie surprised me indeed.. It had a lot of action and it sure wasn't milk toast at all, very fitting of the mortal Kombat name for sure. I almost can't believe that this movie was produced and put out.
28 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent
stephenramkissoon14 April 2020
This is the best mortal combat ever , WB outdid themselves , The fatalities were extremely bloody and satisfyingly violent, the story itself was exciting . I was totally into this movie , my eyes were glued to the screen the entire hour and twenty minutes . I cant wait for part 2 . the writers, graphics and the people who did the voices did an excellent job. Well done WB.
23 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
FATALITY
kaantamtunali13 April 2020
It is a very entertaining animated movie you should definitely watch it. ignore who says' bo ho ho I gOt AnNoYeD EvEYbOdY GaVe It A tEn ' this is very good and liked the animation soo much it deserves a 10 it is unique. GO WATCH IT
28 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mortal kombat animated movies
griffinlennox12 April 2020
Bring on more animated mortal kombat movies with a story from every known character.
34 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome!.. we need a MKCU!
a-2903813 April 2020
I really enjoyed every second of it: scorpion is my favorite MK character and he was totally fabulous in this movie and I really hope to see him again with the good side in the next movies because I really wish to see a MK cinematic universe like the DCAU.
23 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I thought it would be trash, but I Loved it!!
raverlion13 April 2020
The trailers didn't do much justice for this movie. Cheap animation, boring story, cameos, I had no intention of watching it. Friend of mine, lifelong MK fans that we are, bought it and within the first 5 min I was hooked.

The story was a fresh take on the original tournament, action was directed insanely well, violence was beautiful, and dialogue was fun and well written. Johnny Cage was perfect and Sonya, Scorpion and the rest all had great personalities.

I can't recommend it enough for a fun ride, the action scenes were directed like a fine tuned DBZ episode. Only minor complaint was Shangs voice, but besides that it was super fun to watch. Really think they should have used this script for the upcoming movie. I hope they make some sequels to this movie. MK for life!
23 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Holy Smokes !
twistedhippy12 April 2020
Absolutely brutal amazing !

Best animated action movie I've seen hope theres more to come like it .
29 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a Flawless victory, But Awesome!
spiderhopper13 April 2020
Scorpion is my favourite fighter. I always picked him. Love his story, his design...everything. So believe me when i say, in this movie, he is OP. Also, some of the battlet are way too short...i would've loved to watch it a little longer.

BUT

This is a movie, that is as gory, as MK should be. Also, the cast is remarkable. And it is a really well made movie. Not perfect, no, but if it means they keep making these movies like this, i will praise this movie for the end of time, because damn! Took them long enough, but finally there is a movie that is not PG-13!

Must see for MK fans! :D
16 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!
warwickns12 April 2020
I expected it to be good, but it was more. Action packed gory movie. I gave 9 instead of 10 because I would love it to be at least 2 hours long. Thank you for this movie.
34 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is what it should have been from the beginning!
ndidonato-1787515 April 2020
Non-stop fan service, and a refreshing take on the original story with plenty of surprises for long-time fans. No "rehash" fights from the 90's movies or Legacy internet series (which if you haven't watched yet, get on YouTube and check those out!).

All of your favorites are here from MK1 and a few from 2, just like MK9's story did. Some may complain that a few of the bad guys go down a bit fast, but I prefer the movie be fast and frantic, keeping your heart racing. Otherwise, more plot and talking would have been necessary to flesh them all out, which would have been pointless because they're going down anyway. Lots of "stages" as backgrounds from all the games with great detail, some of which I was pleasantly surprised to see.

Every scene had me smiling, laughing, or literally cheering out loud.

This was a much needed reboot, just like the video games has seen. Brutal fatalities, X-ray moves, all around great fight scenes, and just enough talking for plot and laughs. This is what MK is all about, and I can't wait for the next chapter!

The preview videos don't do it justice, this is a literal bloody masterpiece. The only thing it needed was a higher budget to touch up shadows/lighting on the characters (which would also necessitate a theatrical release), but this is a WB animation. It looks just as excellent as the recent animated Batman or Justice League movies.

Go stream it now if it's available, grab the digital version if that's your thing, or at least Redbox it when it's out on disc. I'll be buying it!
12 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lotfi8813 April 2020
Really amazing movie, I hope to see more like this movie
25 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best animated movie ever probably
zachgordon-5456712 April 2020
Brilliant animation, artful fight sequences, even paced story, regular action, fantastic voice acting and well-timed video game references. Found myself shocked with how good it was when it ended. 10/10 Thank you Warner Bros
30 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hereeeee! Comes Johnny !
ihsanali-8067813 April 2020
What a movie super and it was just starting so please continue.
23 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.