Follows three Chicago families as they journey toward hope and healing after an unarmed African American doctor is shot by a white cop.
Did You Know?
"The Talk," is a conversation that many African American parents have with their children , especially boys, about how to interact with police to avoid being harmed. "The Talk" is rooted in parents' legitimate concern that a police encounter could result in the death of their child. "The Talk" is important, because it is one of our few measures that may preempt a deadly use of force encounter.
- Be respectful, the parents say.
- Keep your hands visible at all times.
- Don't make any sudden movements.
- Say, "Yes, sir" and "No, sir."
- Don't give them a reason to use force on you.