Kingdom of Silence (TV Movie 2020) Poster

(2020 TV Movie)

It needed to be Said
yehia_500018 October 2020
This documentary is masterfully done , it is a " Must watch " for it's quality editing and directing let alone the amazing soundtrack

That said this documentary perfectly captures the American - Saudi relations in the last century and not just what happened to one individual

and for those saying that the narrative is one sided or biased , well ... alive people tend to show up one way or another and it has been 3 years since Jamal walked in to the embassy so ,,,,

If he comes out next weekend , I will happy to have been proven wrong but in the mean while

" The sound of freedom and truth should ring loudly " and in my opinion this documentary is is a great place to start " .
15 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Do Not Be Fooled By The Low Rating.
nuezuc3 October 2020
Throwaway account for obvious reasons.

The low ratings are done by Saudi 's paid puppets and bots and believe me they're A LOT.

Khashoggi's murder details were thoroughly manipulated by the kingdom and the truth was never shown to Saudi citizens and a lot of the world population. This movie is the perfect representation of the case. I hope more people see it and open their eyes towards this fascist regime forming right in front of our eyes.
44 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Reconstructing the brazen and merciless murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi
paul-allaer3 October 2020
"Kingdom of Silence" (2020 release; 101 min.) is a documentary about the vicious murder of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi by the Saudi government. As the movie opens, we see some of the now infamous 2018 footage of the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul, where Jamal Khashoggi walks in but never exits. We then go back in time as a voice over retells Khashoggi's upbringing and his early days as a war journalist in Afghanistan in the 1980s where all forces combined to expel the Soviets. It's where Khashoggi gets to know Osama Bin Laden. Eventually Khoshaggi becomes a spokesperson at the Saudi Embassy in London, but then things take a turn... At this point we are 10 min, into this documentary.

Couple of comments: this is the latest work from Oscar-nominated documentarian Rick Rowley ("The Dirty Wars"). (Seemingly omni-resent Alex Gibney executive-produced this.) Here Rowley looks back at the life and times of Jamal Khashoggi, once an ally of and spokesperson for the Saudi royal family. Along the way we get a reminder of the complicated history and alliance between the US and Saudi Arabia, highlighted by 3 monumental events: the Russian invasion of Afghanistan in the 1980s, 9/11, and the Arab Spring in 2011. Khashoggi was a close observer of those events. He was a "loyal" Saudi, and yet he ended up on the opposite side of the Saudi royal family. Why and how? Just watch. The last 30 min. of the documentary painstakingly reconstruct and detail the brazen and merciless murder of Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul. Beware: the footage (video and audio) is not for the faint of heart. The fact that the Saudi authorities even dared to claim ignorance and innocence of it all is just all the more shocking.

"Kingdom of Silence" premiered this weekend on Showtime and is not available on SHO On Demand and other streaming services. If you have any interest in geopolitics in general, or how one country can blatantly murder a citizen of its own, all while abroad and without apparent fear of retribution, I'd readily suggest you check this out and draw your own conclusion.
30 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
To summarized
calmirio7 November 2020
A perfect reflection of the wise and very old saying: "With friends like that who needs enemy".
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
M.B.S. is Evil !
ajagne-0239517 November 2020
As one that is well aware of the goings on of the Saudi Government and the attrocities it is inflicting on Yemen. I learnt little new details. However, when it is put together as they have in this well made documentary, You truly come to appreciate how CRUEL and CRIMINAL the current saudi royal family is especially Mister Bone Saw.
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I wanted to scream and cry
wickedmikehampton15 December 2020
I was deeply emotional watching 'Kingdom of Silence' which is about the assassination of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

That made me want more of Director Rick Rowley so I did his '16 Shots', about an unjustified shooting by the police and consequent cover-up.

Although the settings of the two movies are polar opposite, the common thread between Saudi Arabia, the USA and many countries, including my South Africa, is the use of government force to hurt instead of protect us, the Public.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This documentary is based on fake news and information!!
nassermotaibi29 November 2020
I think the one how made that movie is biased to the Kingdoms enemy! Journalists should have the honor to let the world know the real news and what really happened.

But that movie is just based on fake news!
5 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Journalists hyperbolizing their influence
jackdan-0527321 November 2020
It's just that, trash. Journalists trying to hyperbolize their importance in the world. A world where journalists make billions of dollars faking news. Looks a lot like hollywood spoiling itself.
5 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.