"The Act" Plan B (TV Episode 2019) Poster

(TV Series)

(2019)

Excellent performances by Patricia, Joey and Calum
WVfilmfem10 April 2019
I'm glad to see there is some balance here in showing that Nicholas Godejohn was mentally handicapped, and well-primed by Gypsy to commit the horrific act. His disability should have played more of a role in considering his sentencing.
15 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Insanity!!!
alexm-3208611 April 2019
The thing that poor girl had to endure from her brainwashing mother is truely insane. This show does a greatjob depicting the different scenarios that occurred but it leaves put one MAJOR detail. It ignores the fact that Dee Dee also physically abused her. In the documentary Gypsy explains how her mother would tie her up and beat her with balled up sheets and wire hangers. Great show woth superb acting and even beyter directing. Just wondering why they would leave that key piece out
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Act Season 1 episode 5 Plan B
pfumero62712 April 2019
I'm a fan of the show I've read the story about DD Blanchard and her daughter Gypsy and oh my God the episode was incredible I was very uncomfortable but it was so good. The first time I heard about the story of gypsy and her mother DD was on 20/20 And the story was horrific. DD Blanchard was the worst mother of all time. What kind of mother isolates her daughter to the world and forces her to go to every medical procedures just for money. She was a thief a scammer a con artist and a liar. Claiming that her daughter gypsy was sick from cancer allergic to sugar had to be in a feeding tube. No wonder DD is dead. Gypsy is serving 10 years in prison and her ex boyfriend Nick is serving a life sentence with no parole for the first degree murder of DD Blanchard.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cinematography on point
micakilacastro10 April 2019
This episode was pretty great but what stood out to me what the play of colors by the director and cinematographer. I wish the inside the episode went further into their meanings, although they are pretty clear, I wanted to see if they had any double meanings.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Victor and Ruby
scottsetchell16 April 2019
In 2015, Gypsy and Nick want to meet after being in an online relationship for two years. Nick takes a bus from Big Bend, Wisconsin to Springfield, Missouri and meets Gypsy at a movie theater.

This episode reaches the climax of the story, both sexually and in the murder case. Calum Worthy does a great job in his role, showing Nick's strengths and struggles with his own mental illness. Patricia Arquette as Dee Dee turns even darker and more abusive as Gypsy becomes more mature.

So much anticipation is built up and they leave us hanging from a cliff. We all know where this was headed from the beginning and now we wait for the point of no return.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.