Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 18 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sequences of violence and action, and language|
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- Frequent martial-arts style combat, involving hand-to-hand combat as well as the use of real-world weapons and magical fantasy weapons
- An dweller/soul-sucking monster is stabbed and than ripped apart (gore is shown).
- Some characters are killed.
- Weapons including guns, spears, bows, and explosives, are used.
- A man is stabbed.
- There are a couple of injuries/death. Frequent peril and danger
- People are assasinated (from afar) by sniper fire, explosions, etc.
- A man pleading for his life is fatally hit while a child watches.
- In a bar fight, a 7 year old child watches as a man brutally beats up several other men, implicitly killed. One man is shown with a bloody face, and then is hit violently (off screen), again likely killed. Probably the darkest scene of the movie, but overall film stays away from blood and gore.
- A guy gets stabbed in the chest then soul sucked out shown for 20 seconds quite graphic
- In a fight between two characters, both are using martial arts techniques to fight and a woman kicks her opponent hard in the crotch and his face shows his pain.
- 1 quick use of "goddamnit".
- Ass, shit, damn, mostly uses of shit.
- 6 uses of shit 2 paired with bull
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Glimpse's of people drinking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A young boy is repeatedly whipped by his father's bodyguard during training. This scene comes off as intense and emotional.
- The ending is quite intense. Soul Suckers being slashed at over and over while attacking people with their many tentacles and dragging them into the air, extracting their souls through their mouths and then dropping their bodies back to the ground. It's awesome, but kids that aren't exposed to mature content on a regular basis will be disturbed.
- A mother is killed and her husband seeks revenge by brutally killing the people who did it by slamming them into walls, throwing them off windows and beating them up. The film shies away from blood and gore and even though this scene is not gory it is still pretty dark since a child watches it as it unfolds.