Coulson and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. are thrust backward in time and stranded in 1931 New York City. With the all-new Zephyr set to time-jump at any moment, the team must hurry to find out exactly what happened. If they fail, it would mean disaster for the past, present and future of the world.
Did You Know?
The "New Deal" was a slate of reforms enacted to help the nation out of the economic crisis known as the Great Depression. Some of those reforms include:
- Income support for older and disabled persons (Social Security Insurance)
- Unemployment Insurance
- Farm subsidies
- Protection of banking deposits (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or FDIC)
- Regulation of security exchanges or finance industry ( Security Exchange Commission or SEC)
- Public Works ( Works Progress Administration)
- Early environmental conservation efforts - tree planting, soil preservation ( Civilian Conservation Corp or CCC)
- Efforts to prevent discrimination against African Americans in defense and government jobs ( Fair Employment Practices Committee or FEPC)
Ernest Koenig keeps changing his leg crossing when talking to Coulson and Mack. See more
Alphonso 'Mack' Mackenzie
If they're Chronicoms, they're waiting for FDR.
And when he gets here, there'll be a whole New Deal. Am I right?
[Everyone gives him a blank stare
Dad jokes. It's a glitch. Sorry.
The opening title is stylized as if it were a film serial from the 1930s, as this episode is set in 1931. See more
References The Phantom of the West