Forever Christmas (TV Movie 2018) Poster

(2018 TV Movie)

I would rather drown in Egg Nogg
Ed-Shullivan14 December 2019
Pumped in snow, wearing winter clothes in California, and just because the word "Christmas" is said as often as I blink my eyelids does not make this a Christmas themed film. The lead actress and actor show off their chiselled stomachs a few times during the movie which doesn't exactly harken of angels singing, but may be more appropriate with a stripper's rock song.

The romance between the two lead actors looks about as real as anything in the film but what does that have to do with Chritsmas?

I give this Lifetime film a 3 out of 10 rating
11 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ridiculous
tatjaansjaan7 December 2019
This film is ridiculous... who believes that a 33 year old, hot, sane guy would be single and would be such a Christmas geek. How can this have a 6.1 rating?!
10 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
See it for Christopher Russell
rebekahrox20 November 2020
If Christopher Russell is paired with the right female lead, and he has a script that takes advantage of his GQ worthy handsomeness and the kindness that you can see behind his eyes, he can be great. Unfortunately that doesn't always happen. It does in this one. The script explores the phoniness behind reality series and how untrustworthy and false they can be. I didn't much care for the heroine, but Christopher made up for that and had charm enough for both. I did like that they had a fairly sizzling love scene as opposed to the usual chaste kiss at the end of the movie.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Total turkey.
ramananand15 December 2019
This movie sucks. Nothing looks believable to be a Christmas type of movie.
9 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The book is a nice Christmas read
FSMeurinne29 May 2020
I read the book and knew what to expect, this movie made it justice, it was just as the book in the adaptation department, we know not all the book can fit on film so the general and the most important parts where there, it's an enjoyable Christmas movie Hallmark alike but a higher rating.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chelsea Hobbs sizzles!
Racingphan226 October 2020
Chelsea Hobbs is just great in this movie that Lifetime renamed Forever Christmas. She is super cute and takes you on an emotional journey from first attraction to a confirmed relationship. Christopher Russell seems to pop up in three or four Christmas movies a year, but his laid back charisma really evokes the meaning of Christmas. Mr 365 gets an extra star for including one of the best of the rotating cast of Canadian actors that appear in all these movies on Lifetime and Hallmark, Ken Camroux-Taylor. His turn as the next door neighbor goes from comic to heart warming.
5 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watching a plant grow is more entertaining
jasperkrom9028 December 2019
There doesn't really happen anything is this film, except for the most unlikely romance and a guy, who is too perfect, who shows how to celebrate Christmas when you have a villa and too much money. But than, less entertaining than what I just wrote.
4 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Predictable
Jackbv12327 October 2020
I thought the movie started off well in the setup in terms of providing something different. Then it became totally cliché from beginning shooting on through the ending. The viewer can almost write the script. And the climax is the worst of all. The exec starts her speech and I'm like "your grim face is not convincing me at all, so wait for it ...." And there it was just as expected. This isn't Hallmark, so not every little detail is wrapped up neatly in an HEA bow, but it's still a Rom/com so the big thing is.

I'd like to say that Chelsea Hobbs and Christopher Russell had good chemistry. They are certainly an attractive couple. For once, even I as a male could see that this guy is the epitome of "hot". Hobbs is beautiful but with a sweet element. But there wasn't enough screen time with just the two of them, and much of that was overwhelmed by the elephant in the room of how the show would turn out.

The executive producer, Paul, had some funny moments and he wasn't an ogre of a boss.
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Atrocious
rmartinz26 October 2020
Judging from the trailer, the acting was atrocious! do they pick up the actors from nearby gym or something?
3 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such a cute holiday movie.
heatherbauer-0111727 October 2020
Enjoyed it slightly more in the Passionflix version called Mr. 365 as it had a few steamier scenes. However, the story and acting work well in the tame version too. Worked well as a lifetime Christmas movie.
2 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad casting of lead actors.
boself13 November 2020
Except for the editor in chief, the funny lady friend and the dog, there is absolutely nothing believable in this movie. I find it rather sad that movies like these are made. You know, you could have saved the movie somewhat by casting more believable lead actors for the parts they are playing.
1 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ruthy's 365 on film!
ellireid28 July 2020
I have followed the author of the book this film was based on for 10 years and I love Ruth's writing. This is a fun, light holiday story. It reminds me of my uncle who loved Christmas and was our Santa Clause. He took great pride and time in preparing for Christmas and made decorations all year. This story takes the love of Christmas, charity and the trouble of a reality TV series throwing in a love story. I hope some day Ruth's more serious books will also be adapted to screen, my favorites being Animate Me and Work of Art. <3
1 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I want a fireman who celebrates the season all year! Especially this one!
adamjohns-4257526 November 2020
I loved this one. It was a different setup than we've seen before and the romance was delivered quickly without all that drawn out tension that usually happens. Although there is some towards the end as you would expect.

I could have done without the vile gay guy. I prefer a kinder LGBT representation in films, but it was nice that it was there at least. I would also have liked to have seen the lead in his fireman outfit, although topless was good too. He is gorgeous!!! I also think another 15 minutes to show a bit more depth could have been good in this instance. Maybe show him at work or the shelter or perhaps give a bit more detail about his love of the season and how people could follow his lead, a moral message.

It could have gone down a very silly route, but it was played straight which I prefer.

So what happens when you celebrate Christmas all year around and a reality TV show wants to film you? Watch this to find out.
0 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.