The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (TV Mini Series 2021) Poster

1,105 Reviews
It's a 6,5 and that's probably too much. Main problem: The PLOT.
ThomDerd3 May 2021
Marvel has spoiled us fans in the past. But this series is just not as good. Its not because of politics or of political correctness or of racial mentions; its because of the PLOT.

Which kinda sucks. Inconsistent and at many times just pointless, the plot seems uninspired and forced, in order to make this series' story move forward.

Here's a few: What exactly was Carly's main motivation? What makes the GRC so bad for Carly? Why don't they work more on the idea of the shield as a mantle? That could have been a great opportunity here.

Why get into the power broker story arc in the first place and not further develop it?

And why spend so much time in the political issues? Is that because the script is just non-existant? Maybe... The dialogue at times is also incredibly stupid...which makes me wonder about the way marvel/disney approach their audience nowadays.

Wandavision was not perfect but it was smart and well made with good dialogue and world building. But this one is more closer to a messy, character-lacking and backstory-missing series.

Now why 6,5? 1-The action sequences are good and the start is impressive. Also there is a few more action sequences further on which are worth it. 2-Stan and Mackie are good action actors and look alright on screen, so its fun watching them and their chemistry is ok. 3-because i m a fan like most people here and i still like watching these stories and I appreciate the effort needed to get these done.

I would just like this one to be better... 6,5/10 for the action.
242 out of 298 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You've gotta do better, Senator (I mean Disney). You've gotta step up
mark-carpenter1325 April 2021
Certainly had entertaining moments, but the writing was like a patchwork of scenes strung together with random scraps of yarn. I stuck all the way through it, mainly due to the fear that I would miss setup events for future MCU works. It stinks that so much praise is being heaped on this barely mediocre production, removing any incentive Disney might have to raise the bar for further TV shows.
438 out of 605 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Looks like Falcon needs a GoFundMe
butcherbob26 March 2021
So this guy is one of the heroes who saved not just the world but the entire universe...but he doesn't get paid enough to get a bank loan. I know superhero moves are unrealistic but this is just taking the piss and mocking the struggles that real people have.
1,053 out of 1,489 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An Egregious Waste of Potential
bsains29 April 2021
Despite my initial wariness to have too much hope in a Marvel series Disney had its hand in, I admit I was nevertheless incredibly excited for the release of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. The exploration of these two side characters after the leave of Steve Rogers and thrusting them into the main character role was rife with exciting potential--exciting potential I watched crash and burn before my withering eyes with each passing episode.

The first two, maybe three, episodes were great. They introduced Sam and Bucky well, created a promising setup for both conflict and character development for two characters who once shared fantastic on-screen chemistry (not to mention the potential for various side characters, like Walker and Zemo), and seemed to have for us an interesting storyline waiting to be unraveled over the course of the characters' adventures. I was hooked, pumped, thrilled, and even started to think I had been wrong to have ever thought to be cautious when entering the series.

I do not want to get into any spoilers for those who have not yet watched this series, but that is not to insinuate that I am withholding spoilers in the hope that you will watch the show for yourself; the last thing I hope anyone else does is watch this show, because it will ruin more than any spoilers ever will. All I will say is this: the political overtones were entirely inappropriate and overbearing in the context of a superhero series that, up until this point, no Marvel screen production has ever presumed to subject its viewers to. It was not fun, it was not interesting, and the story fell apart amid the out-of-place political force feeding crammed into nearly every moment. It was a deplorable insult to Sam Wilson as a character, man, and hero, as well as an insult to the MCU as a whole and its fans. Viewers do not want great heroes reduced to nothing more than the color of their skin, viewers do not want to be asked to sympathize with radicalized terrorist groups and watch the heroes do the same, and viewers do not want to be lectured on real life social issues.

This was a shameful flop through and through, even ignoring the unnecessary political commentary. Nearly every part of the plot, characters, and interactions were either predictable or forced, and the progression along the story's sloppy path felt like riding a painfully slow escalator that broke halfway and forced me to climb the rest of the way up--only to find that the floor is closed at the top and I bothered to close the rest of the distance for nothing. The writers and everyone who approved the storyline and themes should be thoroughly ashamed of their ineptitude to produce even a mediocre television show. Their complete lack of talent and judgement truly makes one marvel at how they ever achieved a status high enough to ruin what could have otherwise been one of the greatest additions to not only Marvel's phase 4, but perhaps even the MCU as a whole.
191 out of 268 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stay out of politics
grassfire-0397025 April 2021
One of the best things about Marvel, is that they have managed to create a world that has characters and worlds that are wonderful science fiction/fantasy. Aliens, raccoons, talking trees, witches, etc. Much like Game of Thrones and Harry Potter, viewers love fictional stories of magic and superpowers. No matter how realistic they may seem, all of the Marvel projects have dealt with problems from their sci-fi/fantasy world. I get the same feelings from watching the Falcon and the Winter Soldier, as I do from CNN and Fox News. That's not entertainment.
581 out of 856 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a let down...
lastsonjt27 April 2021
I had high hopes for this show when it was first announced, I was hoping it would be like an extension of the Cap Winter Soldier movie with that Spy movie feel but wow I could not have been more wrong.

Instead we get a bore fest of PC woke check lists shoved in your face with a side helping of political views and a nice big slice of "White people bad"...

Bucky is at best side lined as a very minor secondary character while Falcon is reduced to being nothing more than his skin! Both these characters have such great potential and both are dumbed down to fit into some kind of box ticking exercise on points scoring with the Snowflake generation.

If this is a sample of what's to come in marvel Phase 4, I think I will leave it be...
216 out of 311 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fire the writers. Nevermind it's too late, they've ruined it
jeffgmck-2476619 April 2021
Just meh. Action scenes are good. Writing... Not so good.
316 out of 464 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dull
mccloud-7449025 April 2021
Far too political. Not enough action. Daniel Bruhl best thing in it.
352 out of 523 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Had Potentional
ma-5748925 April 2021
Good storyline until all the story became The Falcon's race became the main focus of the series, very sad. When comics try to be woke it never works and will always disappoint lifelong fans and ultimatley not bring in any new ones.
315 out of 470 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Godawful
giridhar-sreeni23 April 2021
What could otherwise have been a great show let down by poor writing, weak plot and political preachiness from start to end. Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan are both good actors and they deserve better. ZEMO is the only saving grace in this otherwise 'meh' show. Undoubtedly the worst Marvel show I've ever watched.
454 out of 687 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Deeply flawed, horrible ending and really, really, really boring
namob-436735 May 2021
This show have 2 things going for it.

1) The computer graphics / CGi is great, almost flawless.

2) Daniel Brühl as Baron Zemo - Daniel is one of the best actors alive today and his character is one out of two interesting ones on this show.

The rest however... oh boy, where to start?

Perhaps the worst thing about this show though is how boring it is. We get one pretty good high-speed action set piece in the first minutes of the first episode, and then you have some bad attempt at action in the finale, but other than that this is a story about two guys trying to rebuild the family business which is a boat in the middle of nowhere. That main story is going on with two side stories. In one side story some communists are looking to murder 50% of all people since they are not getting as much "free" stuff anymore. These evil communists are of course sold as semi-good or you are supposed to see their point of view. Hollywood you know... In the other side story, which is completely pointless, Falcon gives away the shield and then get it back again - in this second side story we also get to met the only other decent character in this boring mess of a show. This character is John Walker, a war hero, an excellent soldier who's motivation and decision you can 100% understand and sympathise with. However, Hollywood again, tells you to hate and dislike him because he is white...

This show starts with Falcon flying, having the shield, and trying to repair a boat. The show ends with Falcon flying, having the shield and trying to repair a boat.

The very same thing can be said about almost all characters, all events, and all - nothing change. This TV show leads to nothing, have no meaning and is extremely boring. What was the point of this show? You could have declared white war heroes as horrible people and let Wakanda give Falcon that suit and keep the shield within 5min. This show should have been 5min long!

Baron Zemo again pulling a win and again proving he is the best villain of the MCU is the only thing this show sell and give us. All the rest is pointless boring convoluted hateful crap.

3/10 - extra point for great CGi and +2 point for the fantastic Daniel Brühl. But I do not recommend this to anyone. It is horrifyingly bad.
134 out of 196 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slow, boring, and too political
mybluehat16 April 2021
I can't believe I waited a week to watch them fix a boat for an hour.
722 out of 1,148 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WAY too political
Wizinator23 April 2021
I don't even disagree with their politics but it's way too much. It detracts from the storytelling and completely pulls me out of the moment. They should've found a more healthy balance.
422 out of 669 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a superhero show
Sminthian125 April 2021
If you're expecting Falcon and the Winter Soldier to be about Falcon and the Winter Soldier, you will be greatly disappointed. This show is about political correctness and how all governments are evil. Lower your expectations way down before going into this.
190 out of 294 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excuse me?
dextermorgan-9160316 April 2021
When i saw the name as Falcon and the winter soldier i was excited to be treated with breathtaking action and plot. Instead we get garbage. Just how can you waste such good talent ? Making idiotic plots with cringe dialogue. What happened to fast paced action thriller with lots of conspiracy stuff and double agent vibes? Super soldiers, assassins, government funded psycho soldier, terrorists with toppling government agendas, spy and double agents.... how can you go wrong? The performance is really the saving grace but the show is an absolute trainwreck. Even though winter soldier was my favorite movie this is nowhere near that.
235 out of 367 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor Writing For MCU
salamandermike19 April 2021
Situations, dialogue, banter feels formulaic and uninspired, like they were writing to a template of plot points they had to hit. Falcon and Winter's relationship feels shallow and forced which leaves the impression that the characters are shallow. MCU has built complex characters with emotional intelligence throughout all their movies, and this feels like an outlier. Having little soul, the story is mostly boring. The only interesting parts are the non-superhero scenes that talk to racial tensions. Those scenes have depth and realistic context which, in other MCU movies exists throughout the entire story and action scenes. In this story, depth is slid in between plot points like an afterthought. I have loved every MCU movie and WandaVision, but this one doesn't carry the energy of the others. It's a caricature of the MCU.
265 out of 416 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a fan too political and a weak storyline
sammywalker2428 April 2021
I definitely found it very political which I don't mind if its what I'm choosing to watch. And honestly the first episode or 2 was good but then it became incredibly boring. Terrible antagonist. I don't particularly care for Anthony mackie as an actor or the other lead playing bucky Barnes the best character in my opinion was watt Russell character.
142 out of 217 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring and overall disappointing.
Wasimm11825 April 2021
Opened with great 1st episode then I went downhill.....the pace is extremely slow, too much politics, terrible villains ruined the show........idiotic plots, terrible writing, cringe dialogues......they should not make another season.
133 out of 204 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slow and too political
scottbensonquah23 April 2021
This series started good and was very promising. Then it just got more and more political and the story started to drag. Now it is like listening to a boring lecture. I'm done with it.
121 out of 185 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
7.5?
chad_a8 May 2021
I felt obliged by give this a 1 star because of the 7.5 rating. This belongs in the 6.2 region. Had such high hope for this show after finishing WandaVison. Why did they have to focus so much on race? "They'll never let a black man become Captain America". We've already had a black president! Wasted potential. I wanted to be entertained, not reminded of topics that we see every day in the news.
61 out of 89 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why the "woke" nonsense?
bobbymart29 April 2021
Was solid until the woke nonsense became unbearable. I was really enjoying it, even if it had the occasional eye roll "woke" message. By episode 5 they beat us over the head with it so much I impost had to turn it off.
124 out of 190 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
trial_user17 April 2021
Pretty predictable. Feels like another standard run-of-the-mill superhero series. Yawn ... I'll give it another couple of episodes before I forget about it completely. The racial overtones throughout the series isn't helping either. I predict another season of this before a lot of people get bored and the series gets cancelled.
187 out of 299 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ahh, it's political and too on the nose.
sahildograsd23 April 2021
Could have been something super fun but they went the woke way and used racial topics to bum you out. Many plot holes. Weak villains, weak storylines, weak humor and weak action sequences. Justifying terrorists and humanising them is not what I want. Karli and her gang sucked. This could have been so much fun, god they missed out on that.

Wasted my time on it, don't waste yours. Watch Invincible instead, it's so much better.
201 out of 329 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'm sorry Marvel but this is boring..
mossikukulas-2131415 April 2021
2 episodes in and I'm losing the will to live with this one.

I've given it 3/10 as the production value is good and the CGI on par with the rest of the Marvel portfolio.

The story though is dull and fails to engage the viewer and the forced buddy humor is really really really bad.

This one's a dud Marvel.. Bucky seems a much more interesting character but he fails to deliver big time. Staring is not acting.

And Falcon.. he can't get help for his sister yet he is flying around the globe answering to no one?

I'm shelving this one until I've got nothing else to watch.

Ps. The story is already so predictable I want to cry from making the mistake of watching yet another predictable TV show. Yes I can't write better than them but I don't have to. That's why Marvel's paid the mega bucks to deliver quality TV but they dropped the ball on this one.
161 out of 263 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's Several Good Tries Jammed Together
ibsqpegmqj31 May 2021
There is material here for a number of interesting story arcs.

What happened when half the world population returns, thinking and feeling as though they had never gone, while the other half had five years to try to adjust? What happens when governments make matters worse?

What happened with the super soldier program after Cap's plane went down? Did some of the subjects get treated badly?

How does Bucky Barnes adjust to civilian life in this new world, knowing his past?

They tried to do it all at once. That may have been a mistake.
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.