WandaVision (TV Mini Series 2021) Poster

(2021)

2,082 Reviews
Ignore every negative review before episode 4
evansjoshyr29 January 2021
It might have been an error on Disney's part to release only the first 2 episodes at once instead of 4 episodes. While I am on of the few people who absolutely loved the intrigue and mystery of the first three episodes, this exceptional show has been getting a lot of hate due to a lack of plot.

... And then the 4th episode came out. Not only was it an exceptional episode, but it justified the use of the first three and even gave some answers to the many questions of Wanda vision.

Overall a brilliant show that shouldn't be judged on the first three episodes (especially if your only complaint is a lack of plot)
1,377 out of 1,785 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining but the ending could've been better!
DiCaprio-HardyFan6 March 2021
WandaVision is so over the top bananas but it works in a weirdly entertaining way! I don't get some of these negative reviews though...did you not watch the trailers? Some of you are acting surprised at what you were watching. I don't get it...what were you expecting that you didn't see? It's a wildly original show that's such a fun ride that you can't turn away and that absolutely pays off in the end. It's a fantastic addition to Phase 4 of the MCU. Elizabeth Olsen is so amazing here that she absolutely deserves an Emmy nomination! I can't wait to see what's next!
176 out of 246 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slow start, decent middle, flat finish, good acting
dantvman276 March 2021
The first few episodes were quirky but uninteresting, the middle set of episodes were an improvement as it was clear something else was going on here and Marvel might take a risk for once, and then they went right back to the formula and ruined all the moving out of the comfort zone and interesting character potential

But Olsen and Bettany are fantastic
270 out of 396 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bananas but entertaining!
DiCaprio-HardyFan19 June 2021
WandaVision was so over the top bananas but worked in a weirdly entertaining way! I don't get some of these negative reviews though...did you not watch the trailers? Some of you are acting surprised at what you were watching. I don't get it...what were you expecting? It's a wildly original show and such a fun ride that it makes it hard to turn away and that absolutely pays off in the end. It's a fantastic addition to Phase 4 of the MCU. Elizabeth Olsen is so amazing here that she absolutely deserves an Emmy nomination! I can't wait for more!
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not the worst, but insanely overrated
projectkano17 April 2021
The first few episodes when it was still a mystery were the peak episodes, and even then, it was progressed in an abundance of mind-numbing sitcom skits.

As soon as the "big twist" was revealed, it got really bad. I feel like they couldn't live up to what they had built earlier on. It wasn't awful though, it still had its good moments, like every show typically does.
20 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
GENIUS
jacquelinesandra31 January 2021
I have to admit that I was quite worried after watching the 3 first episodes..(which probably explain the bad reviews!) .. but then episode 4 arrived and OMG it was worth the wait! MARVEL YOU ROCK!
380 out of 591 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Finally
eoinpgeary5 March 2021
I knew after the last episode I would want to give the series a 10 but it doesn't deserve it by having a great finale, there were 2 episodes midway that were enjoyable but the quality slipped again after, it seemed the episodes were 4/5 filler material and 1/5 plot which was annoying due to the low run time and 9 episodes and being a limited series, the only exception to this for me was ep 5,6,9 I think a lot of the hype around this is the fan theories that happened every week which were more fun then the show tbh, and the fact it's the mcu so you have to watch it because it will tie in with the movies

On the plus side the 3 great episodes were great start to end which was upsetting because the quality was there and could have been in all the episodes, I know it was a string along show for week to week but the huge epic payout wasn't even there.

I'm not a hater of this show I just feel it could have been so much better, for people that want to know the main parts for the movies, I'd watch the last 2 episodes.
55 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's alright
sinahaase-960-74349721 February 2021
I'm sorry for the 7/10 review, but I've been watching some amazing (in my opinion) 10-star shows and it just doesn't seem that great once I watch the next coming episode. Yes, I probably watch too much tv in my free time but I just love movies/shows and casting my reviews. I think Olsen is great but maybe needs a bigger challenge and will probably have one someday! It's just an "alright, decent show" that entertains in the moment of watching in my opinion. There's nothing too spectacular or thought provoking like shows I've watched elsewhere. Thanks for reading :) -Sina
93 out of 140 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So so
craigswift-2307525 April 2021
It got better towards the end but the beginning was excruciating awful.

The two least interesting Marvel characters, well based on the movies in an tv shows probably sums up why they got a tv show show rather than a movie as they are boring.

The best thing about this was when Quicksilver from the Xmen films turned up.

It was dragged out over far to many episodes and it was awful to see how they just brushed over Wanda going all psycho.
24 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Had potential to be great
toews-550647 March 2021
Ok, I really loved the first three episodes, because they were different. It wasn't the typical marvel formula (which isn't a bad thing) of just action and fake science talk. It was a bit creepy at times, and was genuinely enjoyable to watch. Of course, those are the episodes people criticized for being 'boring', and using sitcom tropes. Well, the point of those episodes is that they were using sitcom tropes and putting a twist on it. You did watch it, didn't you? Anyways, after that, we start to see the typical MCU stuff, just without the action, so we just get fake science talk. I do like Jimmy Woo, though. Both of the villains are bad, especially the one that worked for S.W.O.R.D. (I can't even remember his name), so much fake science talk, and a lot of time spent outside the sitcom style. The sitcom style bits were really fun, that's why the first three episodes were so great. Also, the action in this show wasn't needed. I really didn't want this show to have a big action packed climax, but who am I kidding? It's a Marvel show. All in all, first three episodes 8/10, rest of it 5/10, I'd say that averages to about a 6/10 overall.
75 out of 112 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting premise with a boring padding.
maakus23 February 2021
WandaVision certainly have a very intriguing premise, but pretty much everything else, like the build up to the interesting parts, is a tacky snore. The first three episodes is pretty much just a homage to old sit-coms, but unfortunately they weren't able to make those parts ...you know ...funny. So they merely function as a boring transportation device to the mentioned interesting parts. Couldn't they hire some actual funny sit-com writers for those parts and make them good instead of necessities? Unfortunately when the intriguing more "serious" parts kicks ins, it feels like even those parts of the show gets stuck in some kind of stale combination. When you feel like "Ah, here we go!" it doesn't really go. Is it suppose to be funny still or more serious? Either way, it's not very good at being any of those things.
35 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Super average, those that rate this above an 8 are Disney shills
Started off good, really enjoyed the slow burn mystery but by episode 6 it turns into a below average marvel flick,lots of flying around CGI fight scenes that leave you detached from the action. Lots of unexplained plot points and boredom. The plus side is its not too long so not that much time wasted.

Sure, watch it but its nothing special.
172 out of 271 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No idea how this is so well liked.
aaronsroom6 March 2021
I must live in la la land if this show is an 8.3 I mean, it is awful.
69 out of 104 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An Interesting Concept but Overall a Mediocre Show
dk88dk22 March 2021
This could have been a lot more interesting, but unfortunately this is another mediocre and overrated show.

The concept isn't bad, but most of the series is boring and despite the episodes being short, they seem too long. The last two episodes aren't that bad, but it's just not enough to make the series anything more than mediocre entertainment that isn't really worth spending time on. Today, most series are unimaginative and boring, and this one is no exception. Maybe there are just too many movies and series about superheroes, so nothing can impress us anymore.

In short, another mediocre series with slightly better special effects.
26 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Credits way too long
Xamalion15 January 2021
After two episodes I'm hooked and excited how things will unfold. But 7 minutes of credits is a bad joke. This time should better be used for more content of the show.
606 out of 1,037 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Could of been better
pokerking866 March 2021
Slow start like everyone has said which i understand helps build more of a back story but I believe it was dragged out way to much could of done 1 long episode not 3 short episodes. A few missed opportunities where the story could of went which would of made it so much better. The only reason I think people are loving it so much is because no marvel movies has been released in well over a year. Good points are the actors involved all of them did an incredible job with what they had to work with a couple of breakout roles for a couple of people and hope just the start of more screen time for the others. I think marvel need to just stick to movies.
90 out of 142 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Overwhelmly dull
drael6425 January 2021
The sitcom bits aren't funny, the mystery isn't mysterious. I've watched ep 3, but I have no idea how I lasted this long.
76 out of 121 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"We are an unusual couple, you know."
drewnes30 May 2021
I used to sit back when watching Avengers and think "I can't believe we are seeing this on the big screen." Years later, I still find myself thinking that, but now instead of 20 characters on screen fighting, it is the fun, mysterious and uncanny storylines that keep me intrigued. Comic book knowledge is not necessary, but it definitely amplifies the hype for this series. Can't wait for more MCU shows to arrive.
13 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't give up on it
cloliver86416 January 2021
I almost quit watching about halfway through the first episode. It seemed kind of silly and over the top. However, this all changes when the show starts to take on dark and perhaps sinister undertones. I think this series will be a mystery that slowly starts to unravel with each episode.
318 out of 568 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A pure set up for the next MCU movie instead of creating a world of it's own
arabnikita11 March 2021
After the cinematic climax of Avengers, Marvel has reached it's pinnacle of excitement and despite their big plans, the movies were too spread out so they needed something to fill in the space between them. Seeing the success of the Mandalorian, the Mickey Mouse empire decided to try the same approach with their superheroes.

When WandaVision came out, it attempted to create some mystique by using a black and white sitcom style but unfortunately neither the flat jokes nor the quirky atmosphere made it interesting. As the episodes went on, the events began to make sense, the teasers were all over the place and the series became rather enjoyable by episode 4.

Everything was going upwards and the show looked like it might actually be something big that will crack open the next phase of the MCU but then they just bombed the ending. The resolution did manage to wrap up the story in an alright fashion but there was so much potential to make it a dramatic and truly emotional climax. Instead, they went for the usual "Disney" ending without any real weight; not to mention the countless red herrings that amounted to absolutely nothing. The second post-credit scene did add some pepper and the new costume looked sick but the show could have been so much more. Marvel needs to understand that a series has to have a satisfying conclusion; not a mere set up for their movies.

The show certainly turned out better than expected and if you manage to get past the initial episodes, it should be an enjoyable binge. Elizabeth and Paul put a lot of effort into their acting and the VFX did look formidable; I only wish that the writers would have tried harder. The more you think about the series and the questions that were left unanswered, the more frustrated will you get. Quite simply, the 9 episodes is a one time watch that was made only to fill the gap between the movies instead of creating an interesting project that fans would genuinely care for.

Movies.shmovies on Instagram
41 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not disappointed at all
saurabhkurve22 May 2021
Slow story but episode by episode it increases our excitement.
12 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Are you kidding me?
misc-16115 February 2021
What is with the negative reviews? This show was beautiful and funny from the very first minute. I am looking forward to how they will evolve.
209 out of 379 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting and intriguing; just slow at start.
ThomDerd6 February 2021
Show is developing nicely and although the build up is a tad slow, by episode 5 the story progresses more and we also get a glimpse of what is going to be happening later on with marvel's phase 4 plans. World building seems good, characters are solid and there's an eerie vibe in every episode which makes it interesting.

Also, this show is somewhat different than what we are used to. Many more double meanings and implications. Feel free to interpret.

I am happy to see many actors from various MCU films appearing. Also, the core cast of this show is pretty good (see Kathryn Hahn) and OlsenBettany are given a nice chance to show some more acting skills and deliver comedy on top of the drama and action that we are used to.

So, its an 8/10 for now but lets see what marvel has up its sleeve. Give it a go. It's something different.
103 out of 181 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WandaVision is one of the most creatives things I've ever seen
Venomage0330 May 2021
The story is so damn interesting. The humor is captured really well by the cast. It also does a good job on Wanda's character ark. There are some beautiful scenes in it. The score is also very well-made.
18 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Episodes 8 and 9 are all there is to see
kemal-448779 March 2021
Just watch episodes 8 and 9 and you don't need to see the rest.

Also, dear Marvel execs, I get this no spoilers hype of yours, branding etc. but I think you took it way too far by lying to the fans and the average audience.
63 out of 111 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.