Loki (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

1,141 Reviews
A great show
josbeck30 June 2021
I don't know what all of you people are talking about that are giving this show bad reviews. It has been a great show so far. Definitely better than wandvision was from the beginning. Getting more Interesting with each episode and we are getting to see a side of Loki that we've never seen before. Can't wait for the next episode, especially after that mid credit scene in episode four.
271 out of 484 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Let's be honest as possible
kailashvel9 June 2021
Far better than wandavision and tfatws. You absolutely rocked🔥.... Tom and Owen have a great chemistry together.
591 out of 1,093 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tom Hiddleston is terrific as Loki!
DiCaprio-HardyFan10 June 2021
Loki was even better than I thought it would be and easily one of the best Marvel series to date! If you didn't like this then you didn't want to and hate Marvel otherwise what were you expecting that you didn't get? Did you not see the trailer or know the history of the character? Besides Thanos, Loki is easily the next best villain/antihero in the MCU! What more can be said about Tom Hiddleston that hasn't already been said? He's such a great actor and does his best work as Loki. Also, this is one of the best performances of Owen Wilson's career, he was just fantastic! I can not recommend this incredible series enough!
268 out of 483 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprisingly mediocre
noahcrichards15 July 2021
I'll be honest, if it was anything other than Marvel, Disney, Amazon, or Netflix, it would be decent. But a company with the funds for and access to the best of the best people to hire, this show was surprisingly poorly written. Dialogue was disjointed and and clunky, and didn't flow well. Characters had confusing motivations and half the time I found myself just saying "what? Why?" Great concept, poorly executed. And a lot of the actors were less than average. Against Tom Hiddleston, especially. I expect more from Marvel at this point.
122 out of 219 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This isn't a show about Loki, it's just a 6 episode commercial
scheherezhad14 July 2021
I should've known better than to hope that a show named after my favorite character in the franchise would actually be about him. What we got was just an over-extended setup for other parts of the franchise, which could have used any character. Nothing at all about the "plot" of this series necessitated Loki being the protagonist.

On the technical side, the writing was awful, as well. This series wasted so much time on exposition, with endless conversations over-explaining things instead of progressing the story through active moments. Not to mention how they nerfed Loki to be a weak, reactive doll instead of the powerful, centuries-old god we'd come to love. What a mess.
79 out of 138 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A total disappointment
katcity-3798116 July 2021
A charming cunning witty character of Loki is turned into an average loser, who gets beaten by everybody, can't use any of his forces when the moment is right, constantly cries, panics, doesn't know what to do and how to fight.

Friends in these series are made not base on the deeds, but based on the screen time characters spend together. The plot is too stretched, dialogs are empty, and plot twists are implausible.

I give it 3 stars only for the outstanding performance of the actors who play the main parts, and feel sorry for their talent being wasted on nothing.
117 out of 211 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome season 1
abhishekshetty-9089214 July 2021
And the season 1 has come to an end. Amazing experience of watching. We have seen loki as a villian but we will see every type every variant of loki in this series. The best Marvel series. Waiting for season 2. I expect Season 2 will be greater than this..
136 out of 249 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disney has ruined another MCU character
mperrine17 June 2021
Almost comical how they screwed this up so badly.

They took away Loki's powers

and

His sarcastic silver tongued witty dialogue.

Which is basically the whole essence of the Loki character.

Way to go Disney, you did it again.
244 out of 468 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ironically: a waste of time
CJ_Thorpe20 June 2021
After Wandavision I had high hopes for Loki, but this is just non-stop exposition.

In 2 hours Back to the Future had told an entire time travel story. Two episodes into this and nothing has happened. Unless you really like watching Loki do office admin.
229 out of 444 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring and a really just mediocre!
maquelch23 June 2021
Ok I have watched three episodes and must say I am not impressed. It is quite mediocre and episode three was just a waste of my time. I expect better of Disney/Marvel. Even my Marvel obsessed daughter joined in a debate on whether Marvel has destroyed Cinema rather than watching the episode. Maybe it is too Disney!?!
234 out of 456 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Half way through, needs coffee breaks.
ThomDerd27 June 2021
Yes, its Loki and he is a great mcu character, but hey, whats up with you Loki? You are doing well but this series needs to be watched while sipping coffee.

Episodes 1-3: It's ok, but sometimes it turns into a yawn-fest. It really lacks pace.

Some good things: -The dialogue is not bad, there are some excellent parts and all Mobius & Loki moments are pretty good with lines delivered really well by both actors.

-The world building seems interesting

Looking forward to the remaining episodes and i do hope it improves... 7,9/10.
204 out of 405 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
3 Episodes in...
goldstone-7729 June 2021
For a show called Loki, it is not what you would expect at all. A series focused on maybe him being a trickster throughout time... The writing and story is awful.

The GODD: Tom Hiddleston and Owen Wilson are great actors, and people would watch it just for Tom Hiddleston's exceptional acting ability.

The BAD: No subject matter experts, Comic Book Readers, to reign in these weak writers from creating unrealistic and uncharacteristic narratives.

The Ugly: The intentional use of Identity/woke politics messaging over creating a good story. You are alienating 90% of your potential audience with this nonsense instead of creating proper escapism.

Comments: Disney pull your head out of your rear end, and strop ruining Marvel.
176 out of 348 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Let's watch Loki doing some office work...
ryanic21 June 2021
If you ever thought "What is missing from Thor Ragnarok?" And your answer is "more admin and paperwork" then this is the show for you.

It's a spin off show with a total different premise. Characters lose all of their known traits immediately to fit in with the new story line.

All of the usual woke garbage is in this too. Ironically time will not look favourably on this woke period of our cultural history.
317 out of 645 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Intriguing start but...
happyismoho23 June 2021
Promising start to the show, Hiddleston and Wilson are good together and share some amusing scenes.

Then episode three hits and it's all gone horribly wrong, the acting by Loki number 2 is absolutely appalling and their scenes feel so forced.

How this has a 9.1 rating is ridiculous, me thinks there may be a few fake reviews perhaps...
49 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste your time.
aceupyoursleeve28 June 2021
Plot: Loki escapes the endgame timeline and is captured by a secret force the Time Keepers. Here he is recruited to track down a variant of himself.

Characters: Loki is very disappointing. What the marvel universe set Loki up as was a clever mastermind. Now he's a dim witted, slow to action, average jo.

His character is emotionally unstable, and cheesy. He has no real story or drive. And is clearly only here because Disney wanted more money.

Mobius is a fairly descent character. He gets a laugh out of you, and seems to be a authentic person in this universe. His characters soul purpose seems to be expedition for Loki.

She Loki or Sylvia is very horrible. Her character is annoying and massively over powered. Her characters motivation is barely there, her line delivery is awful, and she is purely here because she's female or because they weren't creative enough to think of a story.

Story: this story is astonishingly bad.

It's long, boring, and hard to follow.

The characters don't fit in it, the scenes make no sense and are very cheesy. And it's very choppy when it's not being boring.

Special effects: the fighting is ill choreographed and unentertaining to watch, the animation is fake looking and not creative at all. The music is boring and at times out right annoying.

This series is purely made for money.

There is nothing creative, entertaining, or artful about it.

Thus far I give it a 2.0 rating And pg 13 for violence, action, and cursing.
50 out of 90 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I generally don't really like MCU stuff... yet this became one of my favourite shows
daemonxhun8 July 2021
I'm generally not a fan of the MCU movies. I saw a couple of them but for the most part, to me they felt like homogeneous, fairly bland, and forgottable movies with no real artistic vision behind them - they felt more like well-crafted products than actual art (what a movie is normally supposed to be).

I value movies such as Superman, Superman II: The Richard Donner's Cut, the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies, some of the X-Men movies and Shazam much more - the only real exception is Guardians of the Galaxy 2, which managed to evoke the same kind of magic that I felt while watching those other movies.

Why I like these movies? Because they have heart - they touch me on a deep emotional level. Because these movies have a strong artistic vision and it shows. Because these are first and foremost character-driven movies that focus on the everyday struggles and problems of the characters and are just secondarily superhero movies.

---

And this is the reason why I love Loki too. It's a series that is part of the MCU, yet it feels like anything but a part of it. It feels like the very best that superhero stories can offer. It feels authentic, it feels genuine, it feels heavily artist-driven.

Action generally takes a backseat and instead every single episode focuses on building characters, character relationships, and the strange world of the series itself which ultimately makes the series so much better than practically anything you can see in the MCU (although GotG2 is a brillant movie).

The main trio of the characters are fantastically realized, loveable and relatable. There are a lot of wholesome, sweet, and truly human moments in the show that remind me of the old Superman movies and the Raimi Spider-Man movies that I mentioned previously.

The show also has a great amount of intellectual depth, not just compared to other MCU stories, but in general too (especially in the earlier episodes), exploring interesting concepts such as the existence of free will or pre-determination in a visual way and through cleverly written dialogues.

Both the emotional and intellectual scenes serve to build the characters and what is fantastic is that these moments play out effortlessly and naturally, in a very believable manner. The cameran doesn't cut away, the creators are not afraid to make things slower.

They smartly let these scenes fully play out, this way making it possible for viewers to fully soak in the moment and for the actors to fully embrace their characters and get the most out of these scenes. This is when this series shines the best and I've only really seen scenes like this in independent, heavily artist-driven, lower-budget movies.

On the top of these, the story, the pacing and the overall thematical and logical consistency of the series are also excellent. The story is constantly moving forward without any padding or filler, in fact, so many meaningful things happen in the span of a couple of episodes that it would have taken multiple seasons for other TV shows to tell the same story.

Loki is a modern gem that perfectly captures the magic of the greatest superhero movies. I can't recommend it enough.
34 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How does this boring show have a 9 star rating?
ryancdog28 June 2021
After 3 episodes this show is really boring. How does this show have a 9 star rating?? I would have canceled my Disney+ subscription long ago if I were paying for it but as it is Verizon pays the bill. Nothings but duds one after another and Loki so far is the worst. It's really really boring.
60 out of 111 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very disappointing...
Smashingsteve15 July 2021
Just watched the finale, so I could form my final opinion of the whole season. I love the character of Loki, Tom is always great, but he plays second fiddle in his own show. And that finale... lots of yapping. God, what a disappointing, pedestrian tv show. All the overhyped 10 givers should go out more...
99 out of 191 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What in the ever loving...
wang-0163924 June 2021
Hey remember how they torched Dr. Who with bad acting and annoying woke BS chracters that suck?

Well if you don't, watch WOKI! And live through it all again.

This has become so very tiresome.
198 out of 399 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst thing marvel has ever done
Ordell9416 July 2021
Wanda Vision was amazing up until the last fight and episode. Falcon was mediocre and weak. But this? All the potential from the first 2 episodes goes down the drain and everything after that is horrible. No Marvel movie is half as bad as this show is. They didn't even try.
47 out of 85 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good show
daisukereds18 July 2021
A much better Marvel piece of content than previous "TV" shows and Black Widow, as it takes the comics more seriously. It also does something that is of importance, although there are several low points and episodes that could be trimmed.

Good acting by most of the cast, colorful locations and decent dialogue. It's not everything I would like it to be, but in comparison, it is more than we've gotten recently.
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Was hoping for better!
DiCaprio-HardyFan18 July 2021
I was really looking forward to Loki ever since it was announced but it ended up not being nearly as good as I had hoped for! Tom Hiddleston does a good job as Loki but the show overall was disappointing!
27 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mediocre
lucasjoscott9 June 2021
It's OK. Wished it were darker and not so silly and dull.
239 out of 492 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
AM I WATCHING THE SAME SERIES AS THE OTHERS?
alexmapa-419609 July 2021
How can people say this is better than ENDGAME? I had high expectations but every episode has been worse than the previous ones. Silly one liners, loki seems to get "stupid-er" and too goody with every episode, how can someone change that much after watching a vhs tape of his life?!? The TVA plot seems over explained and dialogues with the loki-sylvie seems to unnecessary and dragged at times. Disappointed is an understatement.

Oh well, 1 more episode to go, guess will have to finish it just for the sake of it.
39 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great tv show!
rynbmw-9950217 July 2021
I didn't think that a tv show about loki and just loki (if you know what I mean) will be this great Acting, decorations, filming and story Are all gorgeous Must watch.
19 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.