Loki (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

1,527 Reviews
Great addition to the MCU!
Supermanfan-1326 August 2022
Loki was even better than I thought it would be and is easily one of the best Marvel series to date! If you didn't like this then it's probably because you didn't want to like it and just not a fan of Marvel otherwise what were you expecting that you didn't get? Did you not see the trailer or know the history of the character? Besides Thanos, Loki is easily the next best villain/antihero in the MCU! What more can be said about Tom Hiddleston that hasn't already been said? He's such an underrated actor and his best work has come as Loki. Also, this is one of the best performances of Owen Wilson's career, he is just fantastic in it! I really can not recommend this incredible series enough!
30 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrific!!
DiCaprioFan1329 September 2022
Loki was even better than I thought it would be and is easily one of the best Marvel series to date. If you didn't like this then it's because you didn't want to like it and probably just hate everything Marvel otherwise what were you expecting that you didn't get? Did you not see the trailer or know the history of the character? Besides Thanos, Loki is easily the next best villain/antihero in the MCU! What more can be said about Tom Hiddleston that hasn't already been said? He's such an underrated actor and his best work has come as Loki. Also, this is one of the best performances of Owen Wilson's career, he is just fantastic in it. I really can not recommend this incredible series enough!
25 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty good
jediwalker-498277 August 2022
My dad really liked this show and I think it was OK but it should've been a movie I think it would've been better as a movie but overall a good show Loki's a good villain.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loki deserves his own show and we do as well .
khalidmoubile9 August 2022
Loki.

After stealing the Tesseract during the events of "Avengers Endgame" , Loki is arrested by the time variance authority that gave him a choice between being erased from existence or helping them to fix the timeline .

Of course I'm late ,but this show didn't lose its taste ,it was very enjoyable to watch and I'm glad I watched this Marvelous series .

Loki is an interesting character in Marvel univers ,we needed more of him and we got what we wanted finally ,he's very chaotic and we got the chance to now more about him, it definitely worth it.

Loki wasn't the only interesting thing about Loki the show , because the opening was a scene from "Avengers Endgame" and what follows it ,the thing I found very clever and unusual to create a whole story from a small detail .

What was more remarkable ,we had a couple more of characters that I liked , Mobius and especially Sylvie , she's probably my favorite ,she was as stunning as Loki was...however some other characters looked a bit over sarcastic or so , I couldn't take them seriously .

A very fun journey with Loki and I'm ready and hungry for what's coming next in the series .

Terrific visuals by the way ,I forgot to mention that before ,but it was very special and well made .
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We Wanted More Loki and Got Something Great
toseale31 July 2022
Following unexpected events in Endgame, Loki is a great introduction to who can be in the multiverse. Each varient of his is fun and exciting, putting a different spin on the character. Tom Hiddleston just seems to be having fun playing his character, and the show leaves plenty to be excited (and honestly terrified) for. The show has plenty of wild moments, really giving a twisted view on the MCU and what lies outside of its respective universe. Hopefully season 2 will be just as rewarding and intense.
22 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
God of mischief
PatrickkBateman20 June 2022
This is the first Disney plus show I actually liked they really went all out for "Loki" practically destroying everything we thought we knew about the mcu. I mean they introduced "Kang the Conqueror" a character infinitely more powerful than "Thanos" the previous most powerful main bad guy. The Tva was really cool never read any of their comics so this was a completely new experience for me. Owen Wilson was FANTASTIC as Mobius and Tom Hiddleston was just as great as ever.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love it
ThereelscoopwithKK9 August 2022
After the first episode I was unsure of whether I'd like it or not, but it grew on me every episode. Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston are absolutely fantastic together. The character development in this series is exceptional , particularly for Marvel. There are even character arcs of some of the background TVA workers that have you interested. The TVA itself with its quirks and twists was really well done.

The ending was also very rewarding. I really really hope they use this version of the multiverse as they go forward. The idea behind it is so much more fascinating than the one they've displayed thus far in Dr. Strange.

Can't wait for Season 2, they're onto something here and I hope the upcoming phase 4 material is close to this level.
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining and enjoyable
slywlf5413 September 2022
I had really been looking forward to this series, and on the whole it doesn't disappoint. This Loki variant is just enough different than the main timeline character to offer Tom Hiddleston a bit of leeway in the performance, which he took up in as grand a style as they allowed him. The only reason for one dropped star is that they continue to use him as a punching bag entirely too much, and reduced his magic and fighting skills to not much better than a mere mortal, which does the character no justice. I also really enjoyed Sylvie and their budding relationship, however awkward it has been so far.

Otherwise I quite enjoyed it, and will be watching it again while I wait for season 2.
16 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just because of episode 5 & 6 it's OK.
ThomDerd16 July 2021
The close-to-8 rating is only justified by the last 2 episodes of season 1.

There was a change after episode 4 which made everything more interesting and the story finally became intriguing. Also, there are some great visuals in episode 5 and 6. And the Loki titles got better.

The implications after episode 6 are just enormous and I m happy that marvel finally kicked it off. That doesn't mean though that this storyline is not filled with HUGE plot holes... I m curious to see how they will patch these up.

However, they need to fix the pace and make this series a bit more energetic in season 2.

As for the acting: Mobius and Loki are doing great, but the other female Loki seems a bit dry for now. Let's see in the next season.

Overall 7,9/10 let's see if the next one is improved.
196 out of 307 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Marvel's best series
akshayjv-052224 September 2021
Loki is completely different from other superhero series. It has an good story ,cast and execution. The story is twisted like dark and it will blow your mind away. It is definitely a must watch show if you are following marvel movies.
64 out of 94 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Glorious
FeastMode14 July 2021
I thought both Wandavision and Falcon/Winter reached 8-star levels during the season (8 stars = amazing). But neither concluded as strongly as I would've liked and I ended up giving them 7s (7 stars = awesome).

This season was an 8 through and through. I loved it. So much that I watched episodes 3-6 twice. The tone is so different from the rest of the MCU. The best way I can describe it is eerie sci-fi.

Speaking of sci-fi, I'm a junkie. And this show HITS THE SPOT. It feels more sci-fi than anything in the MCU except maybe Guardians and Endgame. So much sci-fi candy with both the story and the images.

Speaking of the images, this show is visually mesmerizing. So many shots are stunning. The cinematography is beautiful. And when you top it off with beautiful music, a scene can be hypnotic.

Speaking of music... I can't believe I waited this long to talk about the best part of the show... in my opinion, this is the best musical score in the entire MCU and one of my all-time favorites. I ADORE it. Multiple tracks give me goosebumps.

And the music is prevalent and impactful on the scenes. It elevates them. This seems obvious to do, but the MCU seems to devalue the importance of music in movies. Black widow is scored by beast Lorne Balfe, but I barely noticed the music other than in the opening scene. It's feels like it's hiding in the background. Please please please learn from Loki.

All in all, I had an amazing time with this show. I hope the MCU continues to put out quality shows, possibly ones that compete with my favorites of the Netflix series (Daredevil 1/2/3 and Jessica Jones 1, all 9-stars or 10-stars).

EDIT: I watched it again and loved it even more. After listening to the musical score for a while after it first came out, I now recognize all the great tracks. Each episode has a least one amazing track, usually multiple. Sometimes it's a repeated track but evolved, other times it's a brand new track. Major thanks to composter Natalie Holt. This score makes me so happy. Enough to bump Loki season 1 to 9 stars! (2.5 viewings, 7/13/2021, 5/1/2022)
60 out of 97 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The God of Deception opens up new worlds
alekspredator8724 July 2022
Loki is one of the most charismatic and memorable characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Several appearances of the God of Deception in Kevin Feige's projects allowed the character to fully reveal himself, turn from a villain into a kind of antihero who clings with charisma, smile and actions. In my opinion, Alexander Gavrilin's dubbing played an important role for the Russian-speaking space. The voice of the actor is now firmly associated with me and many with the character of Tom Hiddleston.

Another wild twist in the plot of the fourth "Avengers" led to the fact that Loki (another Loki) found himself in completely new circumstances for himself. These circumstances are also becoming new for the audience. Managing temporary changes, jumping back and forth along the timeline, deleting Options - all this is new to viewers. However, the undoubted merit of this series is that it competently tells and shows what all these events are. It is the format of the series that makes it possible to fully get acquainted with the new rules for the already familiar universe of superheroes. This is being done gradually and without any kind of race, which would necessarily be if this project became a separate film, and not a TV series.

There is a decent and at the same time unusual picture on the screen. The audience is presented with a mixture of styles: futurism and retro. It turns out to be interesting, unusual, and the presented world is qualitatively worked out. This approach of the creators has always been inherent in Marvel. It's nice to see created worlds as if they really exist.

"Loki" clearly demonstrates that the format of the series does not affect the entertainment of the project in any way. The series look cheerful, the visual component and special effects are at a decent level. Everything presented is in no way inferior to the studio's full-length projects.

The Marvel project is located at the start of the opening for the audience of its next phase, which concerns the multiverse. This is an important puzzle in the general view of future events that will unfold later. However, it is here that viewers are presented with the laws by which this multiverse develops and lives, the possible consequences of interaction with it and the future dangers that can break out.

I have to thank Tom Hiddleston. He plays Loki, but completely different. After all, this character of the series is a different version of the Loki that we have seen before. Here the main character has not been able to reconcile with his brother, to do a bunch of other things that we have already seen in past films. The hero develops in a different way. And Tom's game shows that Loki can be different. On the other hand, perhaps this rapid transformation has its drawbacks. Viewers see the awareness of the actions of the alternate God of deception by this Loki. All this seems to change the hero in an instant, what we see here and now. It seems that this cannot be the case. Such a "jerk" is being made to please the script. But there's no getting away from it.

Minor characters look decent. Sylvia performed by Sophie Di Martino and Mobius performed by Owen Wilson stand out in particular. Everyone is good in their own way and plays an important role in the transformation of Loki.

The events of the series are twisted well. There is an intrigue that will be with us until the very end credits, there are a lot of references that Marvel loves so much, there are also a lot of questions about how the sequel will come out.

"Loki" is undoubtedly an important project of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It needs to be seen as an independent project. He is interesting, fresh, watchable. However, this is also a kind of starting chapter of a new phase of the Cinematic Universe, in which you will have to face many important things, learn more about the multiverse.

8 out of 10.
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Half way through, needs coffee breaks.
ThomDerd27 June 2021
Yes, its Loki and he is a great mcu character, but hey, whats up with you Loki? You are doing well but this series needs to be watched while sipping coffee.

Episodes 1-3: It's ok, but sometimes it turns into a yawn-fest. It really lacks pace.

Some good things: The dialogue is not bad, there are some excellent parts and all Mobius & Loki moments are pretty good with lines delivered really well by both actors.

The world building seems interesting.

It's ok but it could definitely be better.

7,9/10.
299 out of 542 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A watered down series, that would have worked better as a movie.
fciocca6 August 2021
I think that "Loki" was badly written and executed, and does not add much to the MCU. We already know about the Multiverse, but Marvel is constantly pushing this concept which was introduced for the first time in "Doctor Strange" back in 2016. It started to be old and repetitive. I have to admit that the TVA storyline is interesting but it is watered down in six episodes. The show is slow, there are a lot of empty moments where the story does not progress. Honestly they could have done a movie for Disney +, and it would be way more entertaining and less time consuming for the audience. A potentially good preamble for "Multiverse of Madness".

There are interesting ideas, such as different Lokis, from different timelines. It was genuinely funny, but I don't like what they have done with the main characters. The God of Mischief, that was always an interesting depiction of hero/villain duality, here seems more like a scared child that does not know how to use his powers. The entire wannabe love story between him and Sylvie could have been completely cut out. Creators wanted to add too much to the plate, instead of keeping things simple and straightforward. Hence, the show, at least for me, is very chaotic and lacks vision.

Action sequences are completely censored. There is no blood and no bruises, even though the characters are beating the hell out of each other. I do not understand why Disney made this childish decision, considering that in "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" and in "Black Widow" there are some strong and explicit images. Moreover, action sequences are bland and definitely not up to Marvel standards. However, cinematography and special effects are amazing.

Owen Wilson basically carried this show alone; the other actors are nowhere close to his level, not even Tom Hiddleston. I mean, the rest of the cast is composed by skillful people, but the gap is very noticeable. If in a series titled after the God of Outcasts, the only character that can grab my undivided attention is Mobius, there were clearly big issues somewhere along the way. If I gave this show four stars out of ten, it is only because of his performance.

Once again Marvel and Disney think that throwing tons of money down the pipe for production design, visual effects and marketing is good enough to make an entertaining show. If you do not focus on an interesting plot and if you keep pushing for forced comedy, you'll end up with a pretty average product that cannot stand out. If the first season of this show is already so weak, I am really worried about the second one.
56 out of 96 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
loki does not dissapoint at all
raquelchiaretti2 September 2022
This serie has some amazings special effects and astonishing acting, which resulted in another season coming and its considered one of the best marvel series so far. The show has the main character Tom Hidllestoon, who plays Loki: the God of Cheating. After breaking multiverse rules, he gets sent to a type of prison that will determine if he gets punished or not, but Loki gets a way to escape that place, causing so much more problems and meeting with other people.

It is an adventure show, with a lot of outstanding fights and absolutely incredible CGI! The actors also include comedy sometimes, which helps to keep it more simple and light. You really sympathize with the characters, which unfortunately makes you really sad when one of them has to go.

The series matches really well the script from other movies, and is the first one to really get involved into the multiverse saga, which is now becoming the main plot of every new movie. It is better to know a little bit about other films or then the experience won't be very great. The first season was so marvelous everyone is now asking themself, is the second going to be exceptional enough to keep up with the level?
14 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Was pretty amused throughout
dmaginnisiv20 August 2022
A nice way to get one of my favorite character back into the MCU. Can't say that I see where the MCU is going to go with this as phase 4 has been a bit of a mess but hopefully they can build upon it.
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Almost
jimbokwright22 July 2021
This was so close. They assembled a terrific cast. The acting is pretty solid across the board and Hiddleston is great as usual. The special effects are pretty good for a tv program and the sound track works well. Really the only thing missing here is a good story. The writing really let the entire production down.
17 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
MARVELOUS, darling LOKI; MARVELous!
Her-Excellency11 June 2021
As much as I wanted to like WandaVision (because I love both Marvel's Scarlett Witch and Vision), it was a HUGE disappointment to me. Despite finding nothing funny, cute or overly interesting, I kept watching several of the first episodes and then the last two, but I found them all equally lacking. As such, as Loki's premiere approached, I had a nagging feeling that it too would fall short of the hype surrounding it and of the expectations I had personally built around it due to the amazingness of the films.

WONDERFULLY, that was not the case!

Although bereft of all-out "superhero action" in some places, Loki's first episode was everything it should be, in that it opened well and built slowly but thoroughly, the story as we needed it, and with the God of Mischief proving himself every bit as twistedly delightful as we always wanted him to be!

Backed up by a pretty good cast made up of favorites as well as newcomers, the sky is the limit for this show, and the potential for Loki to bring a lot of good-natured mischievousness and frolicsome fun our way, is through-the-roof. After all, he is Loki, of Asgard, and he is burdened with glorious purpose.
246 out of 476 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Manipulated scoring again. Edit.. down to barely a 5 at ep 4.. awful weird writing
MoistMovies3 July 2021
It feels like with every disney show recently the scores have made no sense. I've watched all marvel films and have enjoyed most of them. I've noticed since disney brought it, there has been a obvious change. The quality is not the same. And drifting away from good comic material is very sad to see.. This is pretty much because Stan Lee is not around to put his foot down. Tho maybe that wouldn't even matter at this stage, Disney is a monopoly on entertainment and are destroying the entire space.

This show is average... There's big problems with it. It just gives disney a excuse to take marvel in whatever direction they choose.. by making infinity stones a joke and paper weights? I could write pages on how average or bad the show is when it makes the history of all the other marvel films somewhat irrelevant... half of my score is just for Tom H's acting.. and i feel like many people who are not bots are voting the series up because of the main actor and not even taking into account how sloppy the writing is.

8.9 just makes no sense... It has to be vote tampering through bots that imd-b isnt picking up on.. It should be at around a 7. Each episode when you look at reviews are about half 10's and the other 4-6.. but they are getting ridiculous scores. This is making the site irrelevant. After using it for almost 2 decades.. its sad to see what this site has become.
145 out of 282 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stolen concepts from The umbrella academy and Predestination
ryansequeirael5 August 2021
This series was so boring, I was just waiting for something good to come up.

Except for Tom and a few good concepts here and there, this was an absolute waste of time.

FATWS was a bit more Marvel-like, yet needs improvement but this was bad.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loki Has Run Its Course, but Tom Hiddleston' contract hasn't I suppose
saadgkhan18 July 2021
Loki - C+ (Flawed but Worthy)

Marvel is running out of fresh ideas and characters. This show is a perfect example of how to ruin a good character. Take away all his wits and evilness which made the character interesting into a cartoonish silly disneyfied hero. Hollywood has always obsession with glamorising Villains without any remorse. Loki was great character when he was a villain. He worked even good as a Sidekick to Thor because they were brothers. Now, Left alone here as a Leading Man, he has become a cartoon version of some Kate Hudson's Rom-Com hero. Tom Hiddelston is a good actor but if an actor is doing a same character from over a decade. It really makes you wonder about his talent, and if you look subjectively that must be his Worst performance as Loki.

The whole timelines conversation is keeping you in a loop that it will all make sense. You keep paying attention just to learn that this show is a filler to get to next project Doctor Strange: Multiunivercse Madness. I mean why everything has to connect to something else as a filler. What about the show you're making pay some attention to that first. The sheer confidence of Marvel to believe that people like us will watch any garbage they will put is just becoming ridiculous.

Marvel likes to throw easter eggs like different Lokis etc to keep the conversation going after each episode online but if you look constructively all that was not to tell a good story but just clickbaits. I honestly thought I was watching a show about Marvel's greatest villain NOT a Sitcom. If I wanted to watch a sitcom I will put on Friends, not grown men and women in costumes bickering about timelines with forced humourless jokes in every scene. Marvel needs to stop with inserting forced humour into every single scene.

In the end, i did watch the show and just like anything Marvel puts out it's very watchable but when I think about it how frustrating the premise is it's just infuriating as a fan who has seen everything Marvel have put out. Also, If NOONE ever dies in Marvel, until they don't renew their contract what's the point of making scenarios as if something deadly is going to happens. Nothing Happens, they stay alive and always saved to tell a JOKE. Just like this SHOW!!!!
48 out of 89 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
the best Marvel series thus far
molobelalesedi4 November 2021
Loki is a fun world building series that expands from the past events of the MCU. Loki shows great promise and layers the foundation for the Phase 4. It introduces us to the villain of the next few marvel movies. And it introduces him in a fun way.

This is a comedic series that i sope season 2 will not use Loki as the butt of the jokes. This feels like a redemption arc and at the sae time, it raises more questions that make the MCU more fun to think about.
20 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loki Marvel's best series so far.
jack_o_hasanov_imdb9 August 2021
Loki Marvel's best series so far.

They have done a very successful job, the arrival of the new season was also very good.
49 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.