Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 42 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sequences of strong violence, action and some language.|
Sex & Nudity
- No nudity is present in this movie.
- Some revealing outfits worn by men and women.
- Namor throughout the movie, wears boxers and almost is never fully clothed
- Twice around halfway through, a character's bottom is briefly shown. Blink and you miss it.
Violence & Gore
- A person is impaled on a spear. No blood is shown, but its quite dramatic.
- A character uses large claws as weapons, which sometimes draws blood.
- Several big battle scenes between the Wakandans and the Talokan.
- Multiple sequences of action. Most of which does not involve gore but a few drops of blood are present.
- Many people die in sad and sometimes horrific ways. While no blood or gore are present during those deaths, they way they die can be upsetting to some.
- Soldiers attack a city and a battle ensues.
- A few deaths on shown on screen. No gore.
- An extended car chase with several crashes and gunshots fired.
- A few utterances of "ass" and "shit."
- 'Sh*t' is said at least eight times.
- 'D*mn' is said at least once.
- "B*lls**t" is said once.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A character drinks a substance that causes them to see a vision and gives them some superpowers.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The scene that introduces the Talokans is presented like a horror movie. They can't be seen at first, except as blurry shapes. People start disappearing off-screen, sometimes with screaming. People then start to be hypnotized and jump into the ocean to their deaths.
- Some scenes with the Talokanii warriors, may be frightening to some as eerie music can be heard and their presence are similar to that of a horror movie villain.
- The whole movie deals with grief, and even if it is not always intense, it could be sad for some viewers.
- The movie contains some intense actions scenes, including chases and fights, that could be too intense for younger viewers.
- Characters are hunted and kidnapped.
Violence & Gore
- A main character drowns saving a young woman.
- A character is impaled through the stomach on a large spear. She struggles, then manages to break off the handle so she can pull herself through. Her suit heals so no blood is seen.
- A character pulls an enemy's wing off. The enemy screams in pain and we see the wing in her hand, but there's no blood.
- A character detonates an aircraft to burn an enemy. The enemy is consumed by flames for a moment. You see his burned, reddened back as he falls forward, but it isn't particularly gory.
- A group of Spanish conquistadors are killed by indigenous people taking revenge. There is some blood on the bodies, including a priest right before he is killed off-camera by a young boy.
- A character cuts and stabs enemies with a spear during a fight. There is some blood. However, the enemies reanimate since they have healing powers.
- A sequence of multiple suicides by falling into the ocean are included, no scenes of the aftermath are shown.
- The ending fight between Namor and Black Panther includes the most violence in the movie. Blood, stabbing and tearing of skin are present.
- The movie contains strong bloodless violence including stabbings, shootings, beatings and explosions. However, blood is pretty rare, injuries are not seen outside few cuts and bruises
- The last act of the movie contains an intense battle scene with no blood. But a lot of people are injured or dies.
- Namor is burned at the end of the movie. However he survives
- Characters are stabbed and impaled by spears.
- Shuri is impaled by a spear, then pinned to a rock. This scene is sudden and dramatic. Little blood is shown, but Shuri is in pain as she attempts to cut the spear and pull herself off of it.
- The final battle is very savage, Suri fighting with Namor is very similar to, T'challa fighting with Killmonger, Namor stabs her in the abdomen, and she blows up her ship, to finish him off
- In the first fight, The dora milaje fight the guards, they stab them with their spears, which electrocutes them, and they impale them
- '*ss' is said.and French
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Two character appear to escape the Talokans' clutches in a helicopter, but the helicopter is suddenly jerked away and thrown out of the sky to land in the ocean. Both characters are presumed killed. The scene is shot from the helicopter's interior which makes it particularly frightening, because you do not see the attacker. Could be considered a jump scare.
- The enemy tribe and fights may scare viewers around 0-7
- This movie contains two major deaths. T'Challa's death is only implied. Later in the movie, Ramonda dies, it could be difficult for some viewers.
- The opening credits honor Chadwick Boseman by showing a marvel intro with his role as Black Panther. The credits at the end honor him as well. Emotional.