No Escape Room (TV Movie 2018) Poster

(2018 TV Movie)

Not SATISFIED!!
bartu9919 February 2021
In these kinds of movies the script is more important than acting and directing. I love escape room themed movies but this ones script is not good at all, it is weak. It increases your attention at first but at the end you cannot get what you wish for.
12 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste your time
laylan_salih16 December 2018
I am no film pessimist but this film was honestly of poor standard. Initial plot was great, had some weight and somewhat believable. Midway through it then escalates Into being unrealistic and immediately I lost my respect. What is worse the ending doesn't even make sense that I even googled for a plot explanation for which I have come up empty handed. If anyone wishes to enlighten me as to what even happened at the end I would much appreciate it, Regards, NOTSOHAPPYVIEWER
28 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Acting. Oye
Cgod7428 October 2018
I'm only 15 mins I to this and I already want the daughter to not survive this escape room. Horrible acting, goodthing the dad is nice to look at.
43 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not the best, but also not the worst
chrissy_a-870116 May 2020
Overall the film had its gripping moments, but I can't wrap my head around the fact someone decided to write and produce a movie that makes no sense at all. My guess is that it was supposed to leave you hanging with a bunch of possibilities, but instead I was left with a bit of a headache and some mild frustration.
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
watch again? no. recommend to others? yes
asanders-4534218 March 2019
Ugh okay so i honestly enjoyed watching this movie. i personally didn't think it was too predictable and it left me wondering what's going to happen next. my only complaint is that there wasn't any resolution at the end. i still don't know what everything meant and what the heck was happening in the movie. i would recommend it to others JUST to hear their theories on the movie and plot. i think i'd feel a lot better about the movie if there was a sequel of the main characters before they went to the escape room. it felt like there were a lot of holes in the plot and things that were meant to be important to the plot, but made no sense to the viewer! the acting wasn't the best but it was more than decent. i could rate it between a 4 and a 6 so i just chose 5. if you're just looking for an entertaining movie, i recommend. if you like movies that make sense and come to a proper conclusion at the end, this one is not for you.
23 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This movie makes NO sense
scottbhillier19 October 2018
Its a very interesting concept, but does not stay in the realm of believability. Things happen that are not follow able and it makes absolutely no sense. It has some suspense but that's about it. Ties up zero ends. The ending is creative, but it's not believable at all. Poor execusion.
43 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ugh, Stupid
Rettadm45 November 2018
Ugh, precious few hours in a Sunday night watching this. It made no sense so I guess that's why the ending made no sense either. Some suspense, but led to nowhere.
22 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
For what it is, it's actually a pretty good movie.
petrofied-7642722 February 2021
Yes, it's a syfy TV movie, no it doesn't answer every question it proposes.

Surprisingly, it does not rely too heavily on "jump scares". Seemed a little cheesy at first, after it ended I was like "really that's it??"

Honestly, though - this one has stuck with me. It's now the next day and I'm still thinking about the movie and the events that unfolded (in a good way, unlike "The midnight sky" which was me still thinking about how gaping the holes in the plot were)

Is this the best horror movie ever made? Absolutely not. Is it a pretty darn good one considering it's a syfy TV movie? Absolutely. My expectations were low but this movie overwhelmingly exceeded them.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
... but didn't want to
arcanjl1 May 2019
This received a lot of negative reviews. But I liked it (for horror). There left a lot to the imagination, and nothing was explained, but I didn't care. I like the idea, and loved the rooms they were in, and the horror was just an added bonus. If you like horror movies, this was a fun one to watch, didn't take itself seriously.
13 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wait, what???
jammies7018 February 2021
The movie started out OK. Seemed a bit cheesy, but that's to be expected from a lot of horror movies, right? Decent premise of maybe there is more reality to this than just an escape room... maybe the plot is a true story. But then the movie takes a weird twist and completely loses me. After a while, it makes absolutely no sense, and became a total disappointment.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't make my mind up
gloopy-4523925 October 2018
This was okay in my opinion, not great but better than some titles of this genre out there.The ending left me wondering, is it a concept these days, we have ran out of ideas, so lets just end it at that.Its a watchable film and like alot of others, could have been so much better, if the ending was more wow.Enjoy it, don't enjoy it, everyone of us is different
20 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great concept, mediocre execution
brycepellatt25 November 2018
The idea of the film is very interesting, but it falls flat on some of the delivery. I would definitely recommend a watch but with low expectations.
12 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Made for tv dribble that is not at all scary. Not one bit.
This made for TV "scary" movie has an interesting premise as many have remarked, but this is totally wasted on this script.

First off the score of the movie indicates its a scary movie.. But who are they trying to scare? Kindergarteners should not watch this and anyone else would find the scares derivative and lame.

Also the obvious pauses for commercials are cringe-worthy. They run up a scene, crank the volume up on the music and then.. 5 seconds of black screen. Then we are BACK!

In summary; mehhh
20 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Definitely avoid this bomb
Mikep15910 October 2018
This movie had some potential as it was a fairly new concept. However bad acting, bad actors, and a poor directorial plan lead it nowhere. It made zero sense. Nothing scary at all. Skip this movie.
27 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gaps in the story
ionvazquez8 November 2018
It is easy to watch, and has a few good moments of scare. However, it has many gaps in the story and it feels too simple sometimes.
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fake reviews!
morgan-510-87388524 October 2018
This movie was so bad it motivated me to find my old account details so I could leave my first review. Absolutely garbage plot riddled with unlikable and totally irrational (poorly written) characters and cast with terrible actors. This isn't even a C-list movie. Pretty obvious that any reviews over a 3/10 have been bought and paid for - shameless and scummy tactics!
32 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty bad even for a tv movie
schofieldius23 October 2018
I'm only giving this a 3 instead of a 1 because it's a tv movie and I feel I should be less critical. It tried too hard to do a lot. But it's just weird and silly in the end. A house with a ghost, time loops and temporal shifts. And dodgy acting. Did have some good suspense which was lost due to sheer silliness
15 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hope you escape from this garbage!!!
mightyfelix-1384226 June 2020
Lots but a lot of stuff wrong with this piece of crap, the music was loud, you can't hear what they were saying, the acting was horrendous, the editing was bad. Why take the time to make something so awful? I guess that's life, one of the reviews said: "I'm only 15 mins into the movie and I already want the daughter to not survive this escape room" I understand you. what about the script, daughter: Dad I think I see Josie, a few minutes later, she was crying, why? what did you see, that makes you cry, oh I know, the horrible script they gave you, and Karen by the way you suck at acting. Sorry, the truth Hurts!!!
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved It and want a sequel
hartleyh-9820518 February 2021
Refreshing to see a different approach and I look forward to seeing a follow up? It was interesting and may have had to much all packed into one film for the average movie goer to appreciate. I loved it and for those of you that didn't like it because you "didn't get it" I suppose that you will never know but for me Im eager to see what happens in the next one...Great Job to all involved and thank you for your creativity!
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A waste of time
mdonald-0264316 October 2018
This is another one of the movies that hope people have no common sense. If you can think of all the stupid decisions a person can make and they put them in the movie. I am not happy with myself for wasting this in my life by watching this train wreck of a movie. Do yourself a favor and do not waste time in your life by watching this brain numbing movie.
22 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun escapism, pay no attention to the naysayers
dogma-5366821 August 2019
Escape room movies are really fascinating as are real life escape rooms. Just sit back have fun watching the characters as they try to figure out each puzzle ... and there will be a twist. Hey, it's a Scy-Fy channel movie what do you want? Much better than watching stupid sharks in a tornado or a bunch of zombies coming in on the big tidal wave like the big kahuna. Ignore the troll reviews, some people just like to complain over everything. If the complainers can do better why aren't they writing scripts LOL
14 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watchable but not great
One of those movies you'll never watch again but it wasn't horrible. As noted in other reviews, not particularly coherent nor clever, but the acting was ok and I was curious to see how the ending played out, which is a good Indication. Not that the ending was satisfying, which it wasn't, haha. Not a bad choice if nothing else is available.
No Cohesive Story
FilmFatale13 March 2021
I'm mainly writing this review so I won't forget that I watched this movie and try to sit through it again. Like other reviewers have said, the story makes no sense. Characters, clues, and concepts are introduced and and dropped. A little ambiguity is fine in a supernatural horror, but there have to be a few concrete occurrences so the viewer has a point of reference. No Escape Room is truly that, but the viewers are luckier than the characters in that we can walk away from this mess.
Take a pass
elliotte23 March 2021
I will keep this short....the movie never makes sense even to the end. It does not answer any questions nor let you know what is real and what is not.

Take a pass
"What will Be Was"
Kamurai2510 October 2020
Decent watch, probably won't watch again, but can recommend if you're looking for another "escape room movie".

This is a weird movie, just what it is. I'm down with the premise and I went in thinking it was going to be a "House of 1000 Corpses" version of "Escape Room", and it's really neither. It's closer to "Amityville Horror", "1408", or "Thirteen Ghosts" with an escape room element (but not nearly as good) than either of those movies.

I also went in thinking Jeni Ross was Debbi Ryan ("Insatiable"), of whom I'm not a big fan, but has proven she can carry a movie. Jeni Ross does a great job here, showing a lot of range and is very expressive. The rest of the cast is acceptable, if forgettable. This is a classic symptom of random and sudden deaths in characters in poor productions: the studio doesn't want to invest in a character just to kill them off, but they forget that the audience is the one that needs to be invested in the character for its death to mean anything, so the kills are a little disappointing in this.

There is good in this movie, and fans of the genres it shares: escape rooms, haunted house, and time loops will have some fun. It just tries to be too much ending as too little.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.