Gretel & Hansel (2020)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 7 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for disturbing images/thematic content, and brief drug material|
Sex & Nudity
- An older man makes sexual remarks towards a young woman.
Violence & Gore
- In one scene, it shows a basket of human remains being spilled onto a table.
- A goony character chases Gretel and Hansel out of his house. She pokes him in the eye, which makes a concave depression. Suddenly an arrow pierces his head and he falls dead. The huntsman has shot him.
- Early in the film a dark horse is seen to collapse and die, the result of The Enchantress.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- At one point Gretel and Hansel come across some mushrooms. They aren't sure whether they're good to eat but eventually eat them. Then it is seen that they are tripping due to the mushrooms.
- The witch has a potion book which she shares with Gretel. Inside are many recipes involving herbs and various things, natural and otherwise. She makes a tea or tonic for Gretel to sleep. Later, Gretel makes a special tea to drug the witch, but she is aware of it.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Many of the scenes are intense, gloomy, eerie, dark and strange. There is blood, black goo, intestines and various body parts and other things made into food for the witch and children to eat.