Laatu (2018) Poster

(2018)

good movie and simple story
karmjit24 May 2019
Good performances and especially by karamjit anmol its a good watch if u like simple dramas and old punjab. fun lines and good comedy in between.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Refreshing, superbly acted and directed!
kanwal-sandhu18 May 2019
This movie was a breathe of fresh air and forced me to write a few words partially because Punjabi is my mother tongue and its refreshing to see a very well acted movie that makes a very honest and accurate effort in subtlety portraying the nuances of foregone Punjabi era and culture. The direction is perfect and cinematography was first rate with me reminiscing some of my childhood back in India as a kid though the movie depicts an era way earlier than that. I happened to watch the movie with my 80 year old aunt who can relate to all aspects of the movie and she thoroughly loved the dialogue considering he isn't a huge movie enthusiast. The pace was very nicely balanced for my liking with the protagonist keeping you nicely entrenched in the plot throughout however the ending was a bit sudden and unexpected. I dont follow bollywood by heart anymore let alone Pollywood but i would dearly recommend this movie to Punjabi audience as long as they appreciate quality rather than run of the mill over the top cliched junk that is coming out of Pollywood. This movie proves there is no dearth of talent in Punjabi cinema both in terms of acting as well as direction. Good on Netflix to pick this up!
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.