Kabir Singh (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 15 items
Sex & Nudity
- There are frequent moderate sex references.
- There are also several implied sex scenes, and scenes set post sexual-encounters which include sight of bare shoulders and the implication that characters are naked.
- Prior to an operation it is implied that a man's pubic hair is shaved off, although this is established through conversation and is not seen. In another, a man places an electric blade down his trousers and is implied to shave his pubic region.
- A boy and a girl start to make out in a scene. The boys unbuttons his pant. However, they get interrupted by someone.
- There is a lot of kissing in the movie between the main cast.
- A girl and a boy goes to a secluded area and starts stripping off to make out. However, they stop and the boy comes out of car and the girl chases him only wearing a shirt. Her bare legs can be seen.
Violence & Gore
- There is moderate violence, as characters are punched and kicked multiple times, resulting in bloodied faces and slapped in an impactful manner.
- There are also scenes depicting undetailed surgical procedures, which are often implied with blood sometimes visible on objects such as hands and gloves. There is also a brief shot of glass being removed from a woman's foot, and a blood patch on a man's trousers following a shaving accident.
- There is use of strong language ('f**k', 'bheinc**d', 'maderc**d'), as well as milder terms including 'chootiya', 'ganta', 'shit', 'asshole', 'God', 'damn', 'ass', 'saala', 'bloody', 'bastard', 'hell' and 'balls'.
- There is also use of the rude middle finger gesture.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Drug misuse includes a scene in which a man injects himself with morphine and a scene in which a man snorts lines of cocaine. In the latter instance, the drug is administered by positively presented characters in order to wake a man from an alcohol induced coma. The moral implications of this could be harmful to impressionable viewers.
- There are also drug references including references to smoking and snorting drugs.
- Characters are also seen drinking and smoking to excess throughout the film.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The film includes strong and mature themes throughout, which include obsession, severe drug and alcohol addiction, toxic and abusive relationships, mental health issues and conflict between families. The central character commits a number of these negative self-destructive behaviours which worsen throughout the film, and as a result of which the film is strong in both tone and emotional impact.
Violence & Gore
- In the football match scene, the lead character hits the refree with his head. Then moves on beats up another character badly. He gives him a punch of the face, amd you can see blood on his nose.