Sextuplets (2019) Poster

(2019)

What happened?
jdgrayson-0801017 August 2019
I grew up watching wayans brothers movies and marlon was my favourite, but my god what happened to him?? This movie if filled with old, tired and unfunny cliche bits (not even from his old movies, from generic comedies) I have to assume the chemistry of the acting is due to the fact it's all the same person talking to each other but the script and dialogue is shockingly dull. The storyline is half decent, and the idea for the movie is mildly interesting but it just doesn't hold up. If they worked on the script a little more and tried some more progressive humour it might actually work as a half decent comedy, but if you compare this to the old stuff he used to do it's just awful.
51 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful
bigmin16 August 2019
Without doubt this is one of the worst films I've ever seen. I am slightly disappointed in myself for watching this all the way through.
133 out of 192 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste your time
jaz_ali17 August 2019
Not even worth watching. This movie went right down hill when russel was introduced.
55 out of 75 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Noooo!
caroline_chupaa17 August 2019
I really wanted to like this film. Was hoping for some White Chicks vibes. But clearly i was mistaken. I found the first 30 minutes of the movie to be funny. And had a few laughs while watching. After than it wasn't even funny anymore. Really sad because usually I find Wayans to be pretty funny. But lately he's gotten to comfy it feels. He's such a good actor and really does great impersonations, and does very well playing such messed up characters. The humor was just way to dull. It definitely lacked something.
20 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Painful
JesseWheeler9216 August 2019
Like the title says, this Nutty Professor-like movie is extremely painful and cringeworthy. If you like a B-rated 90's movie, this might be something for you, if you don't, i suggest you don't watch this.
76 out of 114 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wayans need to call it a day.
jamiekressinger21 August 2019
Really unfunny movie. People writing reviews saying if you don't find it funny you don't understand the culture. Get a grip. It's supposed to be a comedy. It's supposed to make you laugh. It's not funny and is in fact cringe worthy. Simple as that.
12 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What happened to the Wayans?
tinycowie16 August 2019
This is by far one of the worst Wayan movies out there, probably good for the low brow people out there who enjoy mindless quips and utterly stupid scenarios.

The Wayans were once funny, what happened?
41 out of 66 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No just no
petegatt18 August 2019
Avoid 1 Star because I couldn't give 0 or 1/2 This is supposed to be a comedy but you will be hard pressed to even crack a smile during it
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Complete garbage
ross-dumigan18 August 2019
This has to be the worst excuse of a film I have ever seen in my life! Like seriously who actually green lit this bull? Don't waste your time watching it, go out and watch insects walking on the ground it more entertaining than whatever this is.
23 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Weak and freak.
Hongwaree_Raitao18 August 2019
A weak and poor screenplay, make this movie a boring time. It's ok to try Eddie Murphy's formula, but with such high standards, you gotta make it real good. Unfortunately, the poor jokes, bad performing by Marlon, and utterly forgetable characters can make this one a worth the time. Skip this one, don't say I didn't warn you.
20 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Honest opinion
ryanflash19 August 2019
I do not normally write reviews of movies but that being said I think this one is getting shade for the wrong reasons. I grew up in the 80s and 90s when comedy was simple and fun, this movie was exactly that simple and fun! Take it for what it is like I did and it will be one of the best comedies you have seen in a long time, not to bulgur but not to clean....just right!
41 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stale, lazy and unfunny
tonymars-6308717 August 2019
Unimaginative script, cliched jokes, best acting came from the supporting roles. Just plain unfunny.
26 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad if you like Wayans style comedy
hgcop16 August 2019
Off top, you have to like this style. Wayans have been making movies for decades. This latest is just the next in line. It has a solid storyline and it has the Wayans style of comedy. I've seen better movies but this is definitely not a one star movie. Forget the low reviews and check it out for yourself!
37 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty funny if you like silly humor like me!
weird-swede17 August 2019
Had a few laughs here and there throughout the movie. Not Marlon's best work in my opinion, but definitely not his worst. You can tell he put much effort into it and really enjoyed making it. The storyline is coherent and it's impressive how he manages to portray seven different charachters and keep their mannerisms apart. Although some of the characters aren't always believable and the acting is sometimes a little over the top, it still worked for me and I had a fun experience watching the film.
34 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious
nellss8919 August 2019
Movie was funny from beginning to end people who think otherwise just don't understand culture or the jokes
34 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Time for the Wayons' to say goodbye.
daniel_wright-7910916 August 2019
Damon; "Goofy comedies" had their day in the 90's, when you were actually 35y.o. Admittedly I didn't watch the whole movie, so I can only really critique the first 5 minutes.
44 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dreadful
timhartland18 August 2019
Just dreadful, unfunny, cringeworthy, (lots of white / black jokes) unfunny and felt unwarranted and just so bad - switched off about 70% way through just couldn't do it
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dreadful
dnaceva18 August 2019
Nothing good to say about this film. The comedy is non existent. By the time the main character meets his first sibling,the movie is already doomed. All I got.
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Repugnant and Disgraceful
orcinussr16 August 2019
I can't understand how this is acceptable, I find it offensive. I would expound but I don't wish to be unpleasant or mean. This is as close to a 1 that I've given but honestly, don't waste your time. If you do, however and you enjoy it, I would love to hear from someone who can explain what was either humorous or entertaining objectively
39 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny
francescaswearengen17 August 2019
If you like Norbit, you'll like this. I found it funny.
35 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A 5 for getting Through it
Montayj17 August 2019
I give the movie a 5 because the corniness does allow you to finish. The movie is so bad that certain parts have you laughing just due to the badness. This could have easily been a 2 star. Oh yea, we are tired of the stereotype black child with no dad. We've seen it and it is not the reality of every black child so switch up the narrative. I think Marlon is now too disconnected from the black community and now his efforts will probably always fall short.
14 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
i really hope his Netflix budget runs out soon
brammalschaert18 August 2019
Based on Marlon's miss after miss after miss track record last couple years I'm giving this movie a 2/10 based on the trailer alone. Please stop enabling him Netflix and pull the plug.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I love Marlon Wayans, BUT...
dwremy17 August 2019
Marlon Wayans is hilarious. He's a great representative of his legendary family. He can do drama(Requiem For A Dream) and lowbrow comedy. He does great standup. White Girls is a classic movie for some..50 Shades Of Black is a great level of Wayans silliness. A Haunted House is dumb fun. But this film disappoints me...

No doubt playing six different characters takes talent, but the jokes were falling flat 85% of the time. Still, this may be good for those who want lighthearted silliness and no raunchiness-it's treading on the edge of being family-friendly. Still, the jokes fell flat. I wanted to like this movie but it was ridiculous, and not in a good way.

If you watch this film, do it for love and support of Marlon; like me you'll be entertained by the work he puts in as the sextuplets. Still we all have to hope that he gets better movies to display his wacky comedy.
13 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seriously
IMDBUser8318 August 2019
The entire team involved in putting this together, should stop and reassess. None of this at all was funny. It was the epitome of corny and geared towards children between 13 - 16 yrs. Absolutely awful. Worst attempt at what Eddie Murphy mastered.
11 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely hilarious!
gouryellaanahera16 August 2019
I don't quite understand how everyone hates this movie. I thought this was one of the best I've seen from Marlon in a while. Wish this would have been more of a bigger release. Would love to see these characters again in another film.. would be a good Madea type series.
42 out of 91 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.